View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Way too broad a question, It could be a tuba being rolled down a fire escape. Or it could be the whole repertoire of Paulo Conte.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There are so many directions "odd" can go, I could easily submit immediately a dozen songs from my playlist.
I could submit dozens, perhaps hundreds of songs that most would find unlistenable and that most would not classify as "music". I know people who cannot and would not listen to Phillip Glass, Glenn Branca, Heiner Goebbels, etc.. because they don't even think it's music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I've always enjoyed Earth To Doris by Was (Not Was).

Anyone else familiar with it?

mmm
I am. I love those guys. I've always been a big fan of The Party Broke Up

I'll skip the extended bouts of nothing but feedback (Lou Reed, Neil Young, Null, Boredoms, Melt-Banana, Merzbow, etc.; most people find it unlistenable) and offer a couple of things that people will not want to listen to again because they are so far out there that most would not consider them "music":

Jandek - Naked In The Afternoon (first song on the first album; this is what introduced Jandek to the world)
Jandek - Shadow Of Leaves (yes, this is one song)

Gigantic Brain is a cybergrind band, a genre typified by songs that are short with inhumanly fast bursts of drums.

Gigantic Brain - Exo-Brain (yes, this is one song)
Gigantic Brain - Obliterated By The Super Train

I also have a couple of different recordings of pachinko parlors that are presented as music, but I can't find any videos for them and I can't be arsed to make one right now.

TL;DR (or listen): There's lots of music out there that is so far off the beaten path that many wouldn't affirm that it's music in the first place. Stuff like this makes up a sizable portion of my sizable music collection.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 12-24-2016 at 09:33 AM.