View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
I'm into outsider music. At a certain point it's impossible to say what's "oddest" unless there's another criterion to it. Noise and feedback isn't odd to me anymore.

But I'm going to nominate Devo's "Jocko Homo" as the strangest song to gain national currency/recognition on release. It was on the radio and SNL. I can remember not knowing how to take it at all.
As far as mainstream strange goes, my first thought was "O Superman" by Laurie Anderson, which charted briefly (#2 in the UK Singles Charts in 1981).

But, as you say, once you get into artists like Merzbow it's impossible to choose a strangest without more criteria.