View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
The wake, either/or.
For the wake? I don't care. Whatever my husband and daughter want to hear. Although I have been thinking of doing a one-day funeral wake, where I'm just hanging around the church, people come in, pay their respects to my husband and daughter, and then stay for the funeral or leave. We just moved up her to be close to our daughter and maybe know five people in town, if that, so I'm not expecting a crowd. My husband knows a lot of people in Chicago, so you never know, though. It will make it difficult to arrange the funeral luncheon at a restaurant. I wonder if hot dogs at Portillo's would be considered lower class? I'm sure people would drive the 90 minutes from the suburbs for a funeral and a good hot dog.

So now, as I think of that, I'm in church for both, so nothing secular. Probably a CD of some nice Latin music playing quietly during the wake portion of the morning's entertainment.

So, Ave Maria ((Schubert), Be Thou My Vision, Amazing Grace, I Know My Redeemer Lives, and maybe Panis Angelicus or Holy God We Praise Thy Name.

There are a couple more I like, so I may be back. I need a processional, recessional, Communion song, one near the Creed, and that's about it, so I may not even need five.

My sister really wanted Smile, Though Your Heart is Breaking. She didn't get it at the funeral, but she got it at the wake.