View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination, but olives just have an off putting taste to me. I've never been able to find them appetizing. Yet many people find them delicious. I use the hell out of olive oil though. It's my go to oil for almost everything.
I like olives as a "back flavor," that is, when they are one of many ingredients in a stew or sauce, and they just add a grace note. But I can't stand eating them plain, because the texture is off-putting. I don't care for them on a pizza for that reason, although I'll accept them if I'm the lone dissenter in a large group, or if it's the compromise I have to make to get a veggie pizza. I've been known to get them on a sandwich from one particular place, though, because for some reason, theirs are not very salty, like most peoples'.

I use the hell out of olive oil in everything but sweet things. I use corn oil for that. If I had my way, I'd use more sesame oil, but it's expensive. I use olive oil during Passover instead of the expensive KFP margarine.