View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Here's something I haven't tried yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sausage rolls.

I have some bangers in the freezer, and a box of pastry dough. I thought I'd 'skin my sausage', if you know what I mean, and roll the meat into a log that is the length of the dough, then roll it up, slice it up into 2" to 3" chunks, and bake it until the dough is pretty. (Note: The sausages are uncooked.)

Good plan? Bad plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stui magpie View Post
Depends on what kind of bangers. If they're just plain ones, I'd personally tart them up a bit. Skin them and add in a bit of diced onion, maybe a bit of garlic, some lemon zest, salt and pepper, parsley, that kind of stuff. Oh, and an Egg.

Puff pastry is best.
I second adding some extra seasoning if the sausage you are using is kind of bland on its own.

When I make sausage rolls I just buy a 1-lb brick of breakfast sausage (I like the kind with extra sage), cut it into 2 pieces and then roll each piece out into a rope that's about 12 inches long.

Roll out one sheet of puff pastry so it's just a titch more than 12 inches long and 10 inches wide. Cut in half lengthwise, and then roll one piece around each sausage rope. Cut each roll into 6 pieces, place on lined baking sheet seam side down, bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes. Easy and really good.