View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibbOleth
Does your hubby ever ask you to do stuff along these lines? If so, what's your response?
My husband thinks I am entirely sexy (thank Og), but never much saw the point in phone sex; he does work out of town a lot, and if he wanted it, I'd do it. But I'm afraid that he'd be flashing back to all the times he saw me talking to other guys and giving myself a manicure or something, and wonder where my hands really were when I was talking dirty to him .

Quote:
Also, what did you think of the fake orgasm scene in When Harry Met Sally?
I thought she was very good. FWIW, my phone sex days are the only times I personally have ever faked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch
How did the phone system work? You mentioned an operator, but you also mention using your home phone without any frills like call-waiting. Would you check in with the operator to let them know you were able to take another call, or did they come in randomly?

Ever have a guest to your house when a call came in?
Okay, here's how the system worked: at the start of my shift, I'd call in and let the operators know I was ready. They'd clock me in. When a call came, they'd patch it through to me; when the call was over (even if it took the full time the guy had bought), I'd call the office and let them know I was free again; break times worked the same way. Also, if I needed to go to the bathroom or something. When my shift was over, I'd call to clock out.

As for visitors, because of the hours I worked, not too much. Sometimes my neice would come by (she was an adult, don't worry) to keep me company between calls. In fact, I often had a really hard time keeping a straight face when she was there, because I'd be on a call, and she'd be sitting on the sofa cracking up (quietly).