View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I won't go so far as to say there aren't any such women. I will go so far as to say there are very few such women, and that they are not anything like the average.
  • Most men are stronger than most women.
  • Some men are stronger than all women.
  • No women are stronger than all men.
  • Very few women are stronger than most men.
Such women and their offspring are at a measurable disadvantage, both now and throughout human evolutionary history.
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. If I can't tell, why would my attraction differ?

The chivalric code doesn't depend on whether or not I am attracted. A non-toxic male, that is to say a gentleman, stands ready to offer his superior strength in defense of the innocent weak. If the innocent weak doesn't want his help, then a gentleman does not force his attentions on them. That is also part of the code.

Regards,
Shodan
Can you provide a cite that shows that physical strength is what even allows males to be more successful with other males?

Even among chimpanzees dominance relationships are influenced by alliances, and coalitions.

https://www.rug.nl/research/gelifes/...ch15book07.pdf

Can you even offer an example of an animal where, if breeding success is primarily due to physical strength, that they maintain long term groups based on that strength alone?

In almost all of the research I have found dominance through pure strength doesn't produce long term stable situations and typically results in a very short life span for those individuals who do get to the top. Coalitions in primates are almost exclusivity built on strong friendships. I have the feeling that your argument is based on the fully discredited idea of dominance and the "alpha male"

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...65025407084054

Note a lot of this was based on Wolf studies by wildlife biologist L. David Mech's and his 1970 book "The Wolf: The Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species" and David Mech has fully retracted the conclusions from that book. That line of thinking has been proven to be a myth although it is still popular in pop-science.

Last edited by rat avatar; 01-17-2019 at 02:01 PM.