Thread: Lion vs Tiger
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
I'm not going to research these cites to determine if they were fair contests. But I would have relied on Clyde Beatty's observations even without them. I think it's pretty clear that male lions are evolved for the primary purpose of killing rivals and predators. Tigers are much more solitary and more likely to flee than confront. Trapped in a fight with a lion their instincts probably work against them.

However, to be fair about this, I wouldn't give a lioness a snowball's chance against a tiger.
-
Wow it's cool you know about Clyde beatty, but I would too give it a less chance of a lioness winning but it's not impossible, I have presented around 7 account's in that list of lioness's holding there own an killing female an even male tiger's, there's a few more I know of I can show you of minor incident's where a lioness tore up a few tiger's, but I too would more favor the tigress over a lioness, about 5.5/10 for the tigress...again it's not exculding the fact that there are record's of female lion's killing male tiger's.
-
An I wouldent want to emit Bia's ness but male lion's have just to many variable's an leverage's in the wild to have a tiger as a threat, even 1 on 1 it's still more of 8/10 for a male lion vs a male tiger. But I found maybe around 30 account's of tiger's killing lion's but 80% of those 30 consist of male tiger's killing female lion's an the male's of the 20% had no detail's on there status. But so far compared to data alone, if there's only around 30-40 account's of tiger's killing lion's an a ittle over a 100 of lion's killing tiger's as I shown above some occaision's the lion killed multiple tiger's so again, by data alone it can only be fair to place it as 8/10 time's a lion would win, the only way you'd be able to change that, is you'd have to match the 100 account's to bring it to 50/50.
-
But with out data, an just throwing thing's out there, I myself would like to think of it as fair game of 50/50 Prime male lion an Prime male tiger vs.