Thread: Lion vs Tiger
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
"Bring 'em Back Alive" Clyde Beatty was once very well known. He was a long time animal trainer and had many observations about big cat behavior. But almost all of that was with captive animals, as is the case with many of your cites. These cats would have likely been overweight which may be a big disadvantage to the longer bodied tiger. Keeping captive cats well fed was a safety measure. Clyde's appraisal of tigers was that they were quicker than lions, and better coordinated being able to use both front paws in an attack while lions would fight 'one handed'. But as I mentioned before, and noted in some of your cites, a lion is naturally more ferocious and dangerous, very territorial, and evolved for the purpose of attacking it's foes. Lions also have a protective mane, and are more compact and densely muscled. Although neither animal is extremely intelligent compared to the brainiacs of the animal world, they were apparently clever enough to escape often. I recall Clyde found tigers more clever and dangerous to humans. Tigers also are at a disadvantage because they are more ambush hunters than lions are, who have to chase down their prey more often. They have just evolved differently.
-
It's very awesome for you to have looked into an read about Clyde beatty, he would be one of the most top ranking people to get an opinion from, for if you read his book's by no mean's did he ever try an hide the true power of the tiger an comended ton's of his tiger's when they took over the individual fight's with his lion's. He favored alot what you just said in the tiger, but I do remember a few of his wording's from his book saying he often liked to use wild animal's because it made the show better, but majority of them I assumed weree captive.
-
But to your 2 paw stance is absolutly correct, but the tiger more so focuses on balancing which diminshes alot of the out-put power of each blow, whie the lion can fight with 2 paw's he prefer's to use 1 an fight's in a 3 point stance, which funnel's all there power into haymaker shot's which in term's are more accutrately timed, while the tiger kinf of just throw's in the form of a paniced fighter...Mabel stark's has claimed this as well, although she favored the tiger more, she also implemented that tiger[s were deeply afraid of thunder an silver reflector's 2 thing's that a lion greet's with open raor's, though lion's have there own phobia's as well, they are not so intreeged by water while the tiger live's 30% of there live's bathing in, hunting in, playing in an such.
-
But again, very good to see another person not only intrested in the outcome but the document's an other's who lived, trained an studyed both an also keep's an open mind...not just voice-ing an opinion on a Bia's assumption, for I said too the data show's it's a 8/10 but anything can happen, so I like to be respective to both with having there own leverage's an deem it a 50/50 it it's the normal male vs male. average.