View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
I'm not making excuses for the guy, but hasn't he always been known for this kind of thing?
Yes. I knew that something of this sort was going to erupt eventually. In today's environment, how could it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidboronti
I don't think it will make a substantial impact on any potential campaign nor should it. This isn't a sexual assault and quite honestly I don't understand her motive in making a big deal of this some 5 years later. Is she saying he's some kind of monster not fit to hold public office? For holding her shoulders and giving her a friendly peck on the back of her head? Inappropriate? Yes. But rendering him unsuitable as a candidate for President? Ridiculous.
In principle that's my attitude too, and I'd bet a lot of Democrats feel that way privately. But who would say that on the record?

Have you been paying attention to how younger feminists and progressive activists treat these things? They view any unwanted touch as serious wrongdoing and an unwanted kiss might as well make the guy Bill Cosby. (See here for one of many examples: "'Sexual assault' and 'sexual violence' refer to a range of behaviors that are unwanted by the recipient,and include remarks about physical appearance, persistent sexual advances that are undesired by the recipient, threats of force to get someone to engage in sexual behavior, as well as unwanted touching".) So the way I see this playing out is Biden continues running and maybe 60% of Democrats are in the it-was-a-kiss-no-big-deal camp, while 40% view him as a sex predator. But that 40% are going to be quite noisy.

Of course the Obama administration pressured colleges and universities to adopt expansive definitions of "sexual assault" based on inflated statistics of the frequency of on-campus sex crimes, and among those who were very outspoken on the issue was Joe Biden. Karma's a bitch.

Last edited by ITR champion; 03-30-2019 at 08:05 PM.