View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
I pretty much just use point-to-point distribution. A railyard approach sounds interesting, but I tend to use the conveyors for food, and that doesn't do well with long-term storage.

Incidentally, the chutes are great for food. Have them dump the contents right onto a weight plate, which feeds back to the farm production (like the light bulbs for a berry farm). Much less power than a fridge, and no problems with things getting stuck in the rail system and rotting.

BTW, rail items exchange heat well with other things on the tile. This can be advantageous or not. I previously had a problem with hot dirt heating up my sleet wheat farm. Eventually it would equalize but it disrupted production. Now, I run the dirt through the water chiller first. It pre-chills the dirt before it enters the farm area, so it all stays at a comfortable 2-3 C.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else seen issues with power overproduction, particularly with solar panels and steam turbines? My cycle report says I'm wasting power due to overproduction, but the weird part is that I have plenty of battery storage left. Even if my panels and turbines are producing more than I need, it should at least charge the batteries first. Can't figure out what's up here.
Interesting about heat and conveyors. Something to keep in mind.

The over production I think is a bug because generators always report maximum energy whenever they are on regardless of how much energy they produce.

If you click on a battery and go to the energy tab, then you'll see every steam turbine says "850" no matter what. Same with solar power. It is report as 380 even when they're producing less. So that game thinks you're overproducing.

I just use my batteries as a guide. If they're routinely at 100%, then I'm overproducing; otherwise, it is fine.