View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risha
Assorted thoughts:

4. Shirley Ujest, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take exception to your description of Dara Joy as a genius. Honestly, I find her writing to be pretty poor. I still read her, though, because she writes the hands down hottest smut I've ever read in my life.

If you have read Dara Joy's latest works, which are out of an indy press and hard to get a hold of, her work is utter and complete shit. I mean, below the standards of a decent book no matter the genre. Fangirl stuff is better. I don't think she can recover from the past few years ( which involve some lawsuit she had with book company.)

I stand by the earlier mentioning of her first three big books tetter somewhere near excellence to above average. At least for me. And the re-reads have always held up. And yes, it is Smut. Lovely, lovely Schmut.

BOT,

JR Ward and the Black Dagger Brotherhood series sounds interesting. I'm always up for some deep meaningful brooding asskicking Vampire Pron. Which book is first? Dark Lover ? Can the books be read out of sequence?