View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
It is entirely a political affair. It has nothing to do with babies. If men could suddenly become pregnant, abortions would be legal, fully insured and available at every Target. Old white Christian men keeping god-fearing women in their place in the voting booths.
Nah.

It is just a cynical power play by a political wing to churn up the masses so they vote for them.

Maybe they hate women, maybe they don't but that is not the point. No one is sitting there, rubbing their hands in an evil overlord sort of way, thinking this will really hurt women...WooHoo!

It is no more or less than politics. Conservatives have manufactured abortion into a wedge issue in order to bolster their votes. That's it.

We know this because their pious proclamations about the sanctity of life are not upheld anywhere else (witness their zeal for the death penalty). Their concern for the fetus ends the second it is born. Indeed they do not even advocate for health care for the mother.

The bible is mostly silent about abortion but what it does say suggests it is not too fussed about it. So it is not even a religious thing.

Conservatives used to be pro-choice and were fine with abortion.

It is literally a ginned up problem used for political reasons. That's it.

Gullible = conservative. They should be synonyms.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 05-18-2019 at 08:36 PM.