View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM

Some observations

Hello everybody,
I just signed in to try to give my help to the solution of the "code". I hope these considerations could be useful.

First: it is very important to me to observe that the two sheets, where the code is, were written in different moments; more, the first part of "notes" is written before the second (I mean in a completely different time, as several hours or days), while the second one, consisting of 4 baloons, seems to be a unique body.
I can argue that by looking carefully at his writing style: very relaxed and precise in the first sheet (see i.e. the sentences in brackets'location), very disturbed in the second one, and the second part of this even leaning to a contrary position of the first sheet, it'irregular, reaveals some kind of anxiety.
This is going to blast all the theories leading to driving informations, medical ones and stuff like that, as we'll see.

Second: this is definitely not a code: at the very beginning of the first page, first line (TFRNE N'9t NSE NPBSE R CBRN SE N PRSE INC) and in the very last one (<194 WLD'S NCBE) (JRFXL>), he's evidently imploying an apostrophe and a saxon genitive: this is enough to me. We also have to keep in mind what kind of person we are talking about: a person involved in violence for years, just realeased from jail, with drug problem (he probably died for an overdose), low insctruction level and son: it sounds strange that such a person when writing fast notes for his personal use is going to employ very complex and hard encrypting systems. I think that it would be more real if this person is going to write with abbreviations or with words that makes sense to him in anyway. I am often used when I have to do something to write down a list like that:
- buy the bread
- call the doctor
once I did, I write next the list objects a word like "done" or "ok", or whatelse:
- buy the bread done (I could have written also "d"...)
- call the doctor call tomorrow (or "ct"...)
That NCBE, apparently used in a long time row, often at the end of a sentence, remind me of what above. I think that the man was simply using some abbreviations or, anyway, a kind of personal stenography, so there is not a code in the proper meaning of the word. I think all of this was made with the purpose to speed his writing, not to encrypt the sense of it (even if the result is an encrypted text).
Before I go more far, I would like to post my reading of the text of the two sheets:

PAGE ONE

1- (MNDMUNEARSE-U-STA-UNARE) (ACSM)
2- TFRNE N'9t NSE NPBSE R CBRN SE N PRSE INC
3- PRSE NmRSE OPRE HLD WLD NCBE (TFXLF TCXL NCBE)
4- AL-PRPPIT XLY987Y NCBE mGKSE WLD R CBRN SE PRSE
5- WLD R CBRN SE N T SE NENTXSE-GRSLE-CZ TRSE WLD NCBE
6- AL WLD NCBE TSmE LISE RLSE VQG LSNE AS N WLD NCBE
7- (NOPFSE NLSRE NCBE) NTE GDD MNSE NCURE R CBRN E
8- (TENE TFRNE NCBR TSE NCBE INC)
9- (FIRSE PRSE ON DE71 NCBE)
10- (CDNSE PRSE ON SE74 NCBE)
11- (PRtSE tRSE ON REDE75 NCBE)
12- (TFNR CmSP SOLE mRDE LUSE TOTE WLD N WLD NCBE)
13- <194 WLD'S NCBE) (JRFXL>

NOTES

1- ALPNTE GLSE-SE ERTE
2- YLSE mTSE-CTSE-WSE-FR TSE
3- PNR TRSE ON PRSE WLD NCBE
4- N WLD XLRC mSPNE WLD STS mE XL
5- DUL mTGT UNSE NCBE XL
------------------------------------
6- (mUNS AISTEN mU NARSE)
7- RLSE-LRSTE-TRSE-TRSE-mRSEN-mRSE
8- (SAE6NSE SE NmRSE)
9- NMNK CBRN SE PtE 2pTE WSRC BREZE
10- 26m2SE 74 SPRK SE 29KENO SOLE 175R TRSE
11- 35 GLE CLGSE NUNUTXE DKQSE PSESHLE
12- 651 mTLSE HTLSE NCUT CTRS NmRF
13- 99.84.5 2UNEPLSE UCRSE AOKTSE NSKSE NBSE
14- NSRE ON SE PVTSE WLD NCBE (JX9RL)
15- NmSE NRSE INZ NTQLE QCB RNSE NTSR CR5NE
16- LSPNSE NGSPSE mKSE RBSE NCBE AV XLR
17- HmCRE NMRE NCBE 1/2 MUND PLSE
18- D-W-M-Y MIL XDRLX

As I told above we can find a saxon genitive in the text at the very last line: <194 WLD'S NCBE) (JRFXL>
it means that the word "WLD" is without any doubt a substantive. It can't be "would" as I read in many posts. It has to be something else we don't know. World? Some kind of Lawyer Department? A...?
Probably also NCBE could be a substantive at this point.
Another thing is interesting of this line, the number at the end: we know that the value of the saxon genitive WLD'S NCBE is probably JRFXL. It's interesting now to notice that line 14 in "notes", written in a completely different time, as told, is reporting that the value WLD NCBE (without saxon genitive) is now JXDRL. 4 letters of whose are the same of the number at the end of line 18. What is it? A password? A reference number for, exemplum, a bet? An invoice? It also means that an important element, as it appears to be, has (dramatically) changed at a certain time.
Lets go back to the beginning of page 1.
It seems the first 6 lines are telling a story or anyway a consequent series of events: it starts saying that a TFRNE, probably in 90es, NSE NPBSE R CBRN SE N PRSE INC. This INC appears once again in line 8, where the word TFRNE also once replicate. Is it a society too? Is he already talking abouit WLD?
We also find for the first time the word PRSE, which also opens the following line. This word is prominent in this first page but totally absent in "notes". I think that for its positioning it possibly is a verb, or an acronymous hiding a verb or an activity. It seems to be in contrast with the word TRSE, another action word probably.
You can see by yourself other similar things. Anyway the second parts, in brackets, of page on, seems to be a close examination of the first, or details relating to it.
I read an interesting post in another forum who related these sentences to sport bets (in particular to some matches of Saint Louis football teams in 1999). It is a possibility.

Tha page "notes" starts, to me, speaking of how the situation in page 1 evolved, or anyway with something again related to WLD. Did he lost (a lot of) money?
Anyway the situation drastically changes. We see it, as I said from his handwriting style: lines are sharp, irregular, late sentences are added, a unique baloon consisting of 4 sub-baloons. It seems these are the last words written by McCormick.
As told, we find a new value for WLD NCBE. Probably numbers for bets (it seems line 10 is refering to a St.Louis Cardinal result (lost 17-5) in match they played the 7/4/99 (see line 10 in page 1).
I found it, as told, in a post on another forum:

"Taking a look at the other page of code, I saw the 71, 74, and 75 lines. And I have a different thought that I haven't seen discussed yet in this thread. (Maybe I just missed it.) This man died in the last week of June, 1999. It's entirely possible these numbers, in that context, could represent 7/1, 7/2, and 7/4 ie dates in the upcoming week. Maybe they refer to upcoming appointments.

Taking the bookie angle again, I looked to see if there could be a sports connection. Maybe they represent upcoming games.

(FLRSE PQSE ONDE 71 NCBE)
Maybe this is FLR = short for FLoRida Marlins. They played an away game on 7/1. They lost 6-3.

(PRTSE PRSE ONREDE 75 NCBE)
Maybe this is another abbreviation he used. PRT = Pittsburgh PiRaTes. They lost a home game on 7/5 which was 5-2. Hmmm a coincidence with the 52 above.

Finally, (CDNSE PQSE ONSDE 74 NCBE)
Perhaps CDN was his abbreviation for the St Louis CarDiNals. They lost a home game on 7/4 17-5.

-------

Now to address a conspiracy theory that some MLB games are fixed or that some super genius betting group can predict scores in advance for betting, I took at look at the numbers to see if this was a sheet of betting instructions with predicted scores on the above games. What can I say? I was trying to be thorough.

Looking at 26 MLSE 74 SPRKSE 29KCNOB,OLE 175 RTRSE
35 GLE CLGSE UUNUTKEBKRSE PSESHLE

We can see the 17-5 score. The other scores are close to numbers listed, but not an exact match. I don't personally feel this is likely, but just throwing it out to the community since I noticed the data."
here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho....php?p=6296770

I also liked the post in this threas of this forum finding Mitchell's Hotel in S.Louis in line 12, probably room 651: was he going to meet someone in there? Someone related to/involved with hid loss of money in sport bets?

I think this is all athe moment. I am really far from understanding what McCormick really wrote. But I hope that what above will inspire someone.
Greetings and thanks for reading.