View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Our overall society is revolting in the way women/girls are treated. You may have missed it, but I've been hammering this issue on this board for years. And how it's gotten worse, in some ways, in the last few years. This discussion is an extremely minor, but still real, example of this, IMO. I don't have any reason to think that you're a bad person, but by your posts, I think you've succumbed, to some small but still real way, to part of the overal societal disregard for the personhood of women and girls. I know that I have in the past as well. That's not going to stop me from pointing it out when I see it -- and this could be an opportunity for you to try and see something that you might be able to improve about yourself. I'm certainly far from perfect, and I hope others will call out inadvertent bigotry in my posts, if they see it. And I'm going to do it for you and everyone else I see that make this sort of mistake, both to highlight how ubiquitous it is, and to help people have the chance to improve themselves.

It's always possible that I'm wrong about this and any other issue, and I welcome the opportunity to probe and challenge my own arguments, assumptions, and beliefs. But so far, I've been very troubled by your blatant disregard for the personhood and individual full humanity of women like Stephanie Carter, as well as the other women and girls in the videos/images cited.

This isn't the end of the world, and it doesn't make you (or Biden!) a monster, but I'm still going to call it out when and how I see it.
You seem to be trying to have it both ways.

In your view, regarding Biden, whose account do you accept? Flores or Carter?
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill