View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 09:15 AM

More from Flores: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/f...ual-harassment

Quote:
“For the record, I don’t believe that it was a bad intention. I’m not in any way suggesting that I felt sexually assaulted or sexually harassed. I felt invaded. I felt there was a violation of my personal space,” she said. “And it’s been dismissed as if it’s just Biden being Biden. Boys will be boys. No big deal. It is a big deal.”

“When I started to see pictures of him behaving in the same way he did with me and with other women, it was very triggering,” she said. “I felt so much empathy for them. I knew what they were going through. I had been in their shoes.”
I have occasionally felt my personal space was invaded by people who just assume that "friendly" touching is always welcome. This was probably not sexual assault (I'm talking about my experiences; Flores speaks for herself), but it's still a related issue in the sense that some people seem to have a sense of entitlement towards other people's bodies, even if it's not meant in any way sexually. Based on Flores' account, Biden may sometimes have this sense of entitlement to be physically affectionate with those who may not welcome this, and hopefully he will re-evaluate this feeling of entitlement and refrain from touching strangers who have not made it clear that it is welcome (like, say, opening their arms for a hug).

I think this is a reasonable and credible allegation and criticism by Flores.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 04-01-2019 at 09:16 AM.