View Single Post
Old 12-06-2000, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cabbage
Yep, I watched it again tonight for the first time in many years. The bird murder scene was quite cruel. There's the elf, equipping each toy with its own personal umbrella to guide it safely down to earth, until he comes to the bird. The elf even pulls out an umbrella, opens it, holding bird in one hand, umbrella in the other, as if to give one final taunt. The viewer is expecting the elf to hand over the umbrella at any moment, when suddenly, with no change of expression and showing no remorse, the elf simply tosses the bird over the sled, with complete and utter disregard for any sanctity of life.

Oh, the humanity.
I mentioned this in another thread last night. I've watched Rudolph every year for as long as I can remember, but somehow I only noticed the part with the bird about five years ago.

It seems that all these years we've been watching a toy homicide passed off as wholesome family holiday entertainment.

He was pushed, I tell you! Pushed!