View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
None of this conjecture about Senate seats matters at this point. With Brown out of the race we are basically doomed to a second four years of this President continuing to shred the Constitution.

There aren’t any Democrats running who have a prayer of winning. And even if Biden gets in he has so much baggage the GOP hit machine will destroy him. Plus the Berniecrats will never support him because he isn’t “pure”.
What I've seen in the last few weeks is that moderate white male Democrats are withdrawing from the election, which tells me that they've done their research and concluded that they can't win the nomination.

Don't get me wrong: I think the nation can do without white male candidates for a while, and I'm all for opening up the field. But politically, I worry about the implications of a party in which white male pragmatist center-left moderates feel like they can't even compete. Obama might not have been white, but he was a pragmatist, which was why a lot of people wanted to vote for him. It seems like the Democrats are doubling down on Bernie Broism.