View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
And Full Contact Origami
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelellogram View Post
It's not a study that can be ethically set up. And a rapist is not going to be a reliable self-reporter. I don't have a citation either, so I'm willing to step back on my assertion. But it seems like common sense that male rapes of females would usually end with the rapist orgasming.

I do wonder why you (or anyone) would have the impression that a male would not typically orgasm while raping a woman?
Certainly it's a study that can ethically done.

In 1977, in fact, A. Nicholas Gorth, PhD, and Ann Wolbert Burgess, R.N., reported on the results of just such a study in the New England Journal of Medicine. (Oct 6. 1977 pp 764-766)

They broke out sexual dysfunction from rapists into three categories:

"Erective inadequacy," which they defined as the rapist's partial or complete failure or attain or maintain an erection. They noted that some cases were further defined as "conditional impotence," in which the rapist displayed initial erective incompetence but forced the victim to stimulate him orally or manually, or where the victim's struggles in response to the assault produced the erection.

"Premature ejactulation," where ejaculation occurs before or immediately upon penetration.

"Ejaculatory incompetence," in which extended intromission by the rapist did not result in ejaculation at all.

Thirty-four percent of the cases they studied contained some sexual dysfunction as defined above. Another twenty percent were reported as not applicable to determining whether sexual dysfunction existed, due to:
  • No attempt at penetration
  • Assault interrupted
  • Successful resistance by victim

Twenty-one percent of the cases did not provide sufficient data to draw a conclusion. Only twenty-five percent of the cases studied had no sexual dysfunction present.

Of the thirty-four percent mentioned above:
  • 16 percent showed erective inadequacy (impotence)
  • 3 percent showed premature ejaculation
  • 15 percent showed ejaculatory incompetence (no ejaculation)

As the authors go on to discuss, there was a substantial amount of ejaculatory dysfunction, especially ejaculatory incomptence, when considered in comparison to the general population. This is an infrequent complaint, affecting about 1 in 700 men, yet it was the second major cause of sexual dysfunction among rapists.

Analysis of hospital records and rape kits bear this conclusion out. Of 23 victims that encountered multiple rapists during their attack, fully half tested negative for sperm.

In short, if indeed "common sense" suggests that male rapes of females would usually end with the rapist orgasming, then "common sense," is wrong.