View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
Different people mean different things by "Nice Guy". To some, it's become a put-down.

But I'm a "Nice Guy" by the definitions we used to use, and I've been married to Pepper Mill for 23 years now, so I guess it can happen.
There's actually a huge difference between a nice guy and a "Nice Guy". If you're actually just a nice person, then your chances of finding a life long partner is very high.

Self described "Nice Guys" are the ones other people dislike, because they're not really nice people. They're whiny and feel entitled to have sex with any woman they treat in a way they consider nice.

Understandably, it may be difficult to determine if you're a nice person of a "Nice Guy". "Nice Guys" tend to have a lot of anger toward women, but in my experience it's very rare they have any awareness of how entitled and unpleasant they appear to others. But my point is, I don't believe it's really a simple matter of people having different definitions, so much as some people sorely lacking self awareness.

At any rate, both types definitely find women that will accept them. Being a thoughtful conscientious person is one of the best traits anyone can bring to a relationship, so of course bona fide nice guys get women. On the other hand, plenty of women wind up with entitled assholes, so tons of "Nice Guys" get women too. They may be the butt of a lot of jokes, but it's silly to think they never wind up in relationships.