View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
iiandyiiii - If Biden were a politician in a country where women's rights and autonomy were less recognized and where the social consequences for those who make claims against powerful men were riskier, it would always be inappropriate for people to comment based on videos and photos of touching they saw of anyone who hasn't spoken out based on your standard. I don't think that's acceptable and I'm not sure it is here either (or why the standard would be any different).

From my interpretation of your posts you are saying any such comment ipso facto makes an assumption(s) about consent. True or false?
I'm not really that worried about people giving their opinions on a video they happen to see (and I may have overstated this earlier) - I'm explaining why I think Biden is wrong (i.e. the words of Flores and the other women who have alleged inappropriate touching), and why I personally don't feel comfortable using videos of women and girls who haven't spoken out to try and evaluate consent - an impossible task, IMO. And also why I think it's wrong to specifically try and promote or advocate for the use of videos of women and girls being touched that were put together for what appears to me to be lurid and political reasons, without the consent of those women and girls.