View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 11:47 PM

I have Windows 10, and I use iTunes. Sometimes when I want to see what's going on sonically in a track, I access the MP3 within the iTunes directory and open it with Audacity. I bring up the track's info window with ctl-i and click on the "file" tab. Using a trick I discovered earlier on my own, I highlight the file location, including the directory (this works in numerous places, not just iTunes). I then right-click and select "copy". In a Windows Explorer window, I then paste the location into the address bar, and voila! I'm now in the track's directory and can do whatever I want.

Today I went into iTunes help to look up a keyboard shortcut for something. As I was scrolling, I saw that "ctl-R" did something I didn't understand. So I tried it and voila! A Windows Explorer window pops up, showing the track's directory!

(Well, actually, first I tried "ctl-r" (lowercase "r") and that didn't do anything. Then I tried "ctl-shift-r" to get the uppercase "R", and that worked.)

I had been pretty proud of myself for discovering the highlighting trick, and it has come in handy. But in this case it kept me from discovering something even easier.