View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Misnomer's Avatar
Misnomer is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,092
When you walk into a tattoo place, typically the walls are covered with tattoo designs that you can choose from (if you don't have a design of your own in mind). A tattoo like that, which is not original, is called "flash." There may also be books of flash to look through, instead of/in addition to stuff on the walls.

People have various attitudes about flash: some don't have a problem with it, others think it's ridiculous to get a tattoo that any Tom, Dick, or Harry might also have picked off a wall somewhere. My attitude lies somewhere in the middle (ref. my reply to NotWithoutRage).