View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky812 View Post
LOL, I saw Metalstorm in the theatre in 3-D!

I know Megaforce well, Tod Howarth's 707, wrote and performed the theme song which he rewrote for Frehley's Comet.

!

How about Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins Sadly, the adventure alse ended there...

][/I]
I saw these, too (including Metalstorm in 3D), but Remo Williams is SPECTACULARLY bad. It was written by Christopher Wood, the same guy who wrote the most puerile of the 1980s James Bond movies (The Spy who Loved Me and Moonraker -- the two with Jaws), and it shows. Joel Grey is pretty impressive, but it's still a white guy playing an Asian role. They clearly hoped for this to be the first in a series (there were umpteen Remo Williams: The Destroyer paperbacks), but it was too dumb and too poorly-attended to go on.

Another failed "series" movie, which I have shown at my Bad Film Festival, is the Matthew McConaghey flick Sahara, based on the Clive Cussler novel. There had already been a Dirk Pitt movie many years previously -- Raise the Titanic! -- but they were hoping to jump-start the heart with this other attempt. After all, Cussler's novels were huge bestsellers, and they're clearly cinematic. But they're also incredibly Dumb. This turkey got shot down, and it's unlikely that anyone is going to try to film another Cussler novel soon.