View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
Again I suspect his touchy style ... rubs some the wrong way. And connects him well with others. Its a particular style of politicking that is likely used more selectively than he has used it. But the intent is clearly not to offend or to intrude. Id bet a solid majority of the time it serves to connect. But even a small minority is significant.
I honestly do not think Biden is a perv. I think his hands-on, touchy thing is "innocent" inasmuch as, I think, he is just trying to be amiable.

But he doesn't do it to men and I think this is at the base of #MeToo. Men just do things to women that are sexist. They don't see it that way but they treat the "little ladies" differently. Biden is an old guy. He is of a different era. In the 1950's this would be charming behavior. In 2020 not so much.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill