View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I'll put it another way - I think there's plenty to criticize about how Biden touches women, and I base that criticism on the words of women who have spoken about their experiences with Biden. I hope he doesn't run, and I'm very unlikely to support him over most of the other Democratic candidates.

I also think it's inappropriate (and disgusting to me personally) to presume things about the consent of women who haven't spoken out. I'm not interested in videos or photos that are entirely unable to provide any information on the consent and wishes of those involved (including their consent and wishes about how images of their bodies being touched are used) and/or their relationship with Biden.
"If nobody complained, they must have been okay with it," is, of course, one of the primary ways sexual harassment has historically been normalized and dismissed as a legitimate social concern. As, of course, is, "By raising concerns about this situation being sexist, you're showing yourself to be the real sexist." Related to that second point, it's also pretty disturbing to see you use the language of sexual harassment to attack concerns over someone being a sexual harasser, which I think you're doing by continually bringing up "consent" in the context of the presentation of these videos. It is difficult to read your specific language choice here as anything other than an attempt to create a moral equivalency between using publicly available videos to advance a political agenda, and sexually harassing a person, which strikes me as a cheap shot, and one that is not respectful to the seriousness of the issue of sexual harassment.