Old 06-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Bra Gun

So I just watched a film that had bras that could shoot bullets at attackers.

Does such a thing exist in real life?

How difficult would it be to make a bra gun (that shoots bullets out of both nipple places on the bra)?

What would it involve? Could one make a high caliber gun built into a bra?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:44 PM

Are we talking about Machete Kills?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
We are talking about the Austin Powers franchise
Old 06-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
1967 Dean Martin movie - The Ambushers
Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
That scene with the "arma disparando consolador"* at the end?

But now that I think about the question, wouldn't a bra gun be redundant?

*Had to keep this post SFW. Translate it if you want, that film was weird.

Last edited by ultimate11; 06-08-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potestas View Post
How difficult would it be to make a bra gun (that shoots bullets out of both nipple places on the bra)?

What would it involve?
Given that there's no place to put a barrel, the only thing I can think of would be single shot projectiles launched by shaped charges. Which sounds really painful for the woman firing it even if it works, it would be like a man using a testicle-mounted gun.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Given that there's no place to put a barrel, the only thing I can think of would be single shot projectiles launched by shaped charges. Which sounds really painful for the woman firing it even if it works, it would be like a man using a testicle-mounted gun.
Again, are we talking Machete Kills or From Dusk to Dawn?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Again, are we talking Machete Kills or From Dusk to Dawn?
I've never watched either of those.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Could it be possible by adding extra padding and making the womans breasts appear to be more pointy?
Old 06-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
....it would be like a man using a testicle-mounted gun.
If you look closely, there is a water pistol installed already.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

I don't think an actual firearm or two embedded in a bra is going to be very practical or comfortable in general. However, it is possible. Ring guns exist and they would work just fine as nipple jewelry sewn onto a Wonder Woman style bra. A pair of them would probably be quite stunning and distracting on the right physique as well. I am not sure how you would pull the trigger on them while remaining discrete and non-perverted looking however and firing off hot gunpowder right next to your real nipples is not advised plus it tends to ruin your clothes.

It may be more effective to use one like Elly May in the Beverly Hillbillies: "Well, I'll be doggone!, a store-bought, lace-trimmed, double-barreled slingshot."

Last edited by Shagnasty; 06-06-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:17 PM

Leisure Suit Larry 5 features such a device. The wearer says, if memory serves, "The FBI may know about accuracy and firepower, but they know nothing about comfort or support"
Old 06-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I don't think an actual firearm or two embedded in a bra is going to be very practical or comfortable in general. However, it is possible. Ring guns exist and they would work just fine as nipple jewelry sewn onto a Wonder Woman style bra. A pair of them would probably be quite stunning and distracting on the right physique as well. I am not sure how you would pull the trigger on them while remaining discrete and non-perverted looking however and firing off hot gunpowder right next to your real nipples is not advised plus it tends to ruin your clothes.
Don't be silly. 2mm pinfire isn't even going to pierce the bra, it's like firing a soft air gun.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
Don't be silly. 2mm pinfire isn't even going to pierce the bra, it's like firing a soft air gun.
The general idea is that the modified ring style guns (minus the band) could be sewn onto the outside of the bra making the wearer look really 'perky'. I never said you could kill someone with one even if you could find a way to use it but it would annoy someone if you manged to shoot them with one or both at close range.

Like the very real ring guns, cane guns and lots of other oddball types of firearms that were in vogue at one time and are now very valuable collector's items, they are mainly novelty items but they will function if you find yourself in the one in a million chance where they could possibly be useful.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Given that there's no place to put a barrel, . . . .
Get it implanted.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

I was thinking placing a short barrel flush with the surface, so that the gun would end up aimed either upwards or downwards from where the chest is pointed.

And my first thought on reading the OP was a device which shot the bras themselves. Like, it'd be a quick way for a lady to get dressed: Stand in front of the Bra Gun, and fire them on.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
I was thinking placing a short barrel flush with the surface, so that the gun would end up aimed either upwards or downwards from where the chest is pointed.

And my first thought on reading the OP was a device which shot the bras themselves. Like, it'd be a quick way for a lady to get dressed: Stand in front of the Bra Gun, and fire them on.
Oh no I'm talking about a gun that is like something from this (its near to the end of the clip) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M81XN90md0

Bullets would be fired from the nipple area itself at a target. I think it would be good in a date rape situation to prevent rape. Just aim and fire.

How would one keep it from accidently firing?
Old 06-07-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Or for hunting free-roaming boobs (kind of like that Woody Allen movie, but not giant-sized).
Old 06-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I was thinking placing a short barrel flush with the surface
So, it'd be like a pair of snub-nosed 38s, then?
Old 06-09-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
So, it'd be like a pair of snub-nosed 38s, then?
She was totin' a set of 44's, an' they were both loaded!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:00 PM

Sure, small breasts + big prosthetics = space for a gun.

I still wouldn’t what to have to use it, though.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Don’t be ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potestas View Post
Oh no I'm talking about a gun that is like something from this (its near to the end of the clip) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M81XN90md0

Bullets would be fired from the nipple area itself at a target. I think it would be good in a date rape situation to prevent rape. Just aim and fire.

How would one keep it from accidently firing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulff View Post
Donít be ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? A safety is a part of all guns, even weird ones.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
BANNED

As Og Is My Witness, I thought this thread was going to be about CC holsters.

Bra Guns.

I believe they go with bad movies, ice packs, and the phrase, "I Don't give a damn Who he is, I will Never work with that M-F-ing Director Ever Again!!!"

Also, a Penis Revolver (with twin cylinders) was featured in the movie "From Dusk Til Dawn".
Old 06-07-2016, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Blucher View Post
As Og Is My Witness, I thought this thread was going to be about CC holsters.

As a woman who recently applied for her CCL and is currently trying out different ways to carry, it was far too much to hope for a practical conversation about real life female carry issues. I was ready to come in here with opinions about that front under-bra holster that's too puny to hold my gun, but nope. *sigh*
Old 06-07-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDragonTattoo View Post
As a woman who recently applied for her CCL and is currently trying out different ways to carry, it was far too much to hope for a practical conversation about real life female carry issues. I was ready to come in here with opinions about that front under-bra holster that's too puny to hold my gun, but nope. *sigh*
The attitude I think I'm seeing in this entire thread, mostly, is that nobody really thinks it's a possible or practical thing; hence no serious comments about it; so the whole topic becomes open season for jokes and snark. It seems there's a consensus that there really isn't any "practical conversation" to be had here.

ETA: Okay, maybe there's a practical conversation to be had about "real life female carry issues", but this thread isn't that.

Last edited by Senegoid; 06-07-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:50 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Moderating

You're welcome to start another thread if you have some serious questions. A thread that started out based on something seen in Austin Powers movie was never going to be very serious.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Old 06-07-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Moderating

You're welcome to start another thread if you have some serious questions. A thread that started out based on something seen in Austin Powers movie was never going to be very serious.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Yea, I was tired when I wrote that. It came off far more serious than I meant it to.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:31 PM

I was just reading, the other day, about a man who built up a fistula through his body so that there was a full, uninterrupted path from the front of his body to the back. He used it to stick swords through himself, as a stage act.

If you took the time to do something similar, going through the rib cage and pushing the organs to the side, theoretically, you could run a barrel through your chest. Probably, you would just want to do one breast though.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/05/1...an-pincushion/
Old 06-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
IIRC the flashbang? Personally I don't like the idea of asking someone to pause while I rummage around untucking my shirt and fishing around ... I am more fond of a 5.11 tac shirt to be honest. Not entirely as concealed but with my Sauer 38H it works [and I can keep my droid phone on the other side. I wear it as the skin tight undershirt under a looser oversized thermal tshirt.]

I suppose you could go for a custom tac shirt with something like a Semmerling LM4 or another seriously compact weapon.

[Though for knocking around the house I prefer a left crossdraw on a belt under an oversized shirt, but YMMV]
Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 AM
born to be shunned

This came up in another thread some time back. There actually was such a thing; I believe in the 50s or early 60s. At one arms show someone had made up a reel of old film of different "guns that didn't quite work out" for one of the seminars. The design was short (like 1 inch) barrels of a basic low caliber round (memory wants to say .25acp) built into each bra cup. They were shot/triggered by a string running down the sleeve of the blouse to the woman's thumbs. To actually fire the motion was to throw your arms back. The idea was that if a woman was attacked it had enough punch to put someone down or kill them at point-blank range --- sort of like the mini-.22 4 shot revolvers that have been popular now and then. How many were made or sold I can't say and other than on some the footage I saw popping up on some strange show now and then (something like Would You Believe?) I don't know if any were featured on film.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:02 AM

I have seen bra holsters for pocket guns, but never a bra gun.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:25 AM

1965, The Tenth Victim, featuring Ursula Andress sporting a bra gun:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059095/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffByOne View Post
1965, The Tenth Victim, featuring Ursula Andress sporting a bra gun:
Ursula Andress
Old 06-07-2016, 07:58 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Ursula Andress
Somewhere I have an old Mad Magazine with that line in it.

There have been a lot of odd guns developed that never saw much use; from the Puckle or even earlier to today. A bra gun? Probably sounded like a good idea at the time to someone. Pointed bras were in fashion, it didn't add much size or weight, and the heat or recoil from something like a .25 is basically nothing. So why not? The only real drawback I see is the triggering system and the idea of letting an attacker get that close. But like I said, they still sell tons of those for-shit belt-buckle .22 revolvers so ------ who am I to judge?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Somewhere I have an old Mad Magazine with that line in it.
That's exactly where I got it.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Laser Bra 2000
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 AM

Movies are FANTASY!

In real life, there would be no reason whatsoever for a bra gun????

No way to aim it accurately.
Guns create heat when fired. Wouldn't want that near body parts!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Billy View Post
Movies are FANTASY!

In real life, there would be no reason whatsoever for a bra gun????

No way to aim it accurately.
Guns create heat when fired. Wouldn't want that near body parts!
Not to mention recoil!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

The assailants in Austin Powers who sported the nipple-mounted firearms were robots ("fembots"), not real women, so presumably the guns were in fact implanted in the breast and not merely a feature of the bra itself.

I have a friend who recently underwent double breast reconstruction, I should ask her if that was an available option.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:32 PM

I don't think recoil would be such an issue if you designed the gun properly. Just build a rigid frame around the breast so that recoil is directed back straight to the ribcage and not the breast tissue itself, with sufficient padding that you don't bruise the ribs.

You could also get a little extra barrel length if the guns started near the armpit and ended near the nipple. It wouldn't be straight out in front of you, but bra-guns are hardly going to need much accuracy or range. Two guns aimed to cross three to six feet in front of you would probably do the job.

Still not a very practical idea...
Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracoi View Post
I don't think recoil would be such an issue if you designed the gun properly. Just build a rigid frame around the breast so that recoil is directed back straight to the ribcage and not the breast tissue itself, with sufficient padding that you don't bruise the ribs...
I was told or read that some IDF special forces are/were equipped with some kind of central(-ish) chest mounted small arms (heh) for room-to-room missions.

No idea if this is true, let alone--never having been soldier--if this is outlandish.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Does Maxwell Smart know about this?
Old 06-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwolf49 View Post
Does Maxwell Smart know about this?
The old guns-in-the-brassier trick. That's the second time I've fallen for it this month!
Old 06-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Over- and under-wires.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Here's Katy Perry's take on the concept.
http://www.eonline.com/news/378527/l...e-bra-on-stage
Old 06-07-2016, 05:49 PM

Perry ≠ Gaga
Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM

Nobody mentions "Deadly Weapons", a 1970's film by Doris Wishman, the queen of sexploitation films, with Chesty Morgan and Harry Reems.

NSFW trailer:
Old 06-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turble View Post
Nobody mentions "Deadly Weapons", a 1970's film by Doris Wishman, the queen of sexploitation films, with Chesty Morgan and Harry Reems.

NSFW trailer:
I had just read about a similar murder. Story here.

Also, in the book Diamond Age there is a guy who gets a gun implanted in his forehead.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
I had just read about a similar murder. Story here.

Also, in the book Diamond Age there is a guy who gets a gun implanted in his forehead.
Oh crap that murder happened in a town I used to live in, about a year after I left. I guess I left just in time!

(Not shocked, that city made national headlines for its bikini baristas.)