The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The BBQ Pit

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-27-2012, 07:01 PM
kaylasdad99 kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 21,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
I don't know nuttin' about baseball or how expensive games are. But I can see how if going to a baseball game is an "experience" to you, then presumably catching a foul ball would be like the cherry on top of that experience. If you're a sentimental person who likes to bring back artifacts from various experiences, then that ball would mean something. Even if it just ends up sitting on a shelf.

It's like going to a Prince concert. If Prince were to throw his head scarf down into the crowd and I caught it, I'm not going to hand it over to Cute Little Kid who wants to be Prince when he grows up. I paid $200 for the experience--Tiny Tim didn't. I have spent 34 years waiting for the experience of touching the hem of Prince's robes. The kid hasn't.

Also, I caught the scarf. No one else did.

I really wish Prince would throw his head scarf in my direction, dammit.
I had to read your post twice to figure out that he didn't.

Reply With Quote
Advertisements  
  #102  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Ponch8 Ponch8 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaG View Post
It's a fucking ball. I honestly don't understand your investment in it. I mean, what are you going to do with it? Everyone's all "Oh, the kid will forget all about it by the end of the day." Well, you're gonna go home and throw it in a closet somewhere, or maybe on a shelf, and you're going to forget about it too. Which is fine, because once again, it's a fucking ball.
Then it's also just a fucking ball for the stupid little kid. He's going to lose it in two days anyway, so why is he more entitled to it than anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Cheesesteak Cheesesteak is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch8 View Post
Then it's also just a fucking ball for the stupid little kid. He's going to lose it in two days anyway, so why is he more entitled to it than anyone else?
Because he's a child and isn't mature enough to understand just how unimportant it is.

I'm not a bible guy, but:
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Its ok for a child to act childish because we expect them to grow out of it someday.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 AM
gamerunknown gamerunknown is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SticksAndStrings
It's always been my opinion that just because he's a singleton (no siblings) does NOT mean he's allowed to act like a spoiled little brat.
Christ, Objectivism has caught on hard. Working at three at a stretch, but being expected to date?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 AM
gamerunknown gamerunknown is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Mistaken, sorry.

Last edited by gamerunknown; 04-28-2012 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Posted in wrong thread.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
I'm not a bible guy, but:
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Someone quoted this line in the last foul ball Pit thread and it was just as moronic then as it is now. What's childish is thinking that a grown-ass adult should have to give up something they earned just because someone else wants it.

What is this third grade? Now Cheesey, if you didn't bring enough candy for everybody you're not allowed to eat candy. That's bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Fear Itself Fear Itself is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 847 mi. from Cecil
Posts: 28,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
What's childish is thinking that a grown-ass adult should have to give up something they earned just because someone else wants it.
How did you 'earn' a foul ball that is tossed into the stands?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
How did you 'earn' a foul ball that is tossed into the stands?
You caught it. I believe the relevant statue is Finders vs Keepers.

An adult has just as much right to that ball as anybody unless the player was throwing it to a specific person.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Fear Itself Fear Itself is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 847 mi. from Cecil
Posts: 28,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
You caught it. I believe the relevant statue is Finders vs Keepers.
Now who sounds like they are still in the third grade...
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Now who sounds like they are still in the third grade...
It's a classical reference.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
DianaG DianaG is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Earned. That's hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Vinyl Turnip Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: <--- <--- <---
Posts: 15,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
I'm not a bible guy, but:
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
You may want to dig them out again. You might get a lot of money for them from men who never quite got over childish things.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
DianaG DianaG is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
What's childish is thinking that a grown-ass adult should have to give up something they earned just because someone else wants it.
Missed the edit window, but really the longer I think about this the funnier it becomes. You earned the foul ball that was thrown into the stands? I feel like this maybe ties into the "we" won mentality of sports fandom.

Because seriously, what's up with that? "We" won? What's this "we" shit, kemosabe? "We" weren't playing. "We" are not on the team. You never hear other kinds of fans do this. Nobody goes to a concert and says "We" really rocked the house."
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Fine, "earned" sounds stupid. I caught it. End of story. No one should be made to feel guilty because something that's totally harmless brings them a little bit of happiness.

Or maybe I need to drag another Pit thread into this one.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
pulykamell pulykamell is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SW Side, Chicago
Posts: 31,020
Personally, I'd give the kid the ball. I have no sentimental value on foul balls, but that may be because as a kid, I caught a ton of them. (Comiskey Park in the late 80s/early 90s was a ghost town for middle-of-the-week games. I once snagged five balls in back-to-back day games there. And I have no idea what happened to any of them. I think we just played ball with 'em and eventually lost them.)

That said, if the adult doesn't want to give up the ball, that's fine with me. The kid doesn't deserve the ball in any way, and if he were my kid, I sure as hell wouldn't be upset with the guy who decided to keep the ball. This would be a valuable teaching opportunity for the kid. I sure as hell don't want my kid to learn that if he throws a tantrum he'll get what he wants. (That said, I, too, am not sure the kid was crying about the ball, but rather the mass commotion surrounding the ball.)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 PM
gamerunknown gamerunknown is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
This is pretty ironic given my username, but what is the appeal to an adult of watching two different groups of men unrelated to you play with a ball?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
This is pretty ironic given my username, but what is the appeal to an adult of watching two different groups of men unrelated to you play with a ball?
Go away dumbass. The time to make a "Sports are stupid, why do people like them?" joke has passed. The adults are talking now and if you can't understand the appeal of spectator sports, then maybe you need to leave your house for the first time since you were four. Because that's the only reason you shouldn't already know the answer to your "question."
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
thelurkinghorror thelurkinghorror is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I am not a big sports fan but I can fathom why people enjoy watching sports (except basketball, those people are freaks )And how is that ironic? Sports fans or players never call themselves "gamers." A gamer is much dorkier, although truth be told, D&D is about as dorky as Fantasy Football. So your user name makes me think "video-gaming geek." Justin_Bailey also has a video game name, although I out-dork myself by getting the reference.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
I am not a big sports fan but I can fathom why people enjoy watching sports (except basketball, those people are freaks )And how is that ironic? Sports fans or players never call themselves "gamers." A gamer is much dorkier, although truth be told, D&D is about as dorky as Fantasy Football. So your user name makes me think "video-gaming geek." Justin_Bailey also has a video game name, although I out-dork myself by getting the reference.
Exactly, to pretend that sports guys and video game guys are like Mars and Venus is shit that the world should have gotten over in 1989.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 AM
gamerunknown gamerunknown is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
The appeal of spectator sports is arbitrary intergroup discrimination. I fail to see how that's mature.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Cheesesteak Cheesesteak is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
What is this third grade? Now Cheesey, if you didn't bring enough candy for everybody you're not allowed to eat candy. That's bullshit.
Which is the point. Adults know that's bullshit, and are mature enough to see someone else eat candy (or hold a ball) without getting upset. Children don't have that maturity.

Defending "finders keepers" is about as mature as a kid crying about being made to share his toys with his little brother. I'm picturing the Foul Ball Owner stamping his size 11 foot saying "But it's MY ball!" Yes, it's your ball, but it is kind and generous and decent and mature to not be selfish and possessive of a toy that you don't really need, aren't really going to play with, and that someone else desperately wants to have.

In terms of legality, I cannot legally force you to give up your hard earned ball (ref. F vs K) However it is also true that you cannot legally force me to stop thinking you're a huge douche for keeping it. So, we're even.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
The appeal of spectator sports is arbitrary intergroup discrimination. I fail to see how that's mature.
What?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Vinyl Turnip Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: <--- <--- <---
Posts: 15,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
Exactly, to pretend that sports guys and video game guys are like Mars and Venus is shit that the world should have gotten over in 1989.
Yes, there are many ways to have no life.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Harborwolf Harborwolf is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaG View Post
Missed the edit window, but really the longer I think about this the funnier it becomes. You earned the foul ball that was thrown into the stands? I feel like this maybe ties into the "we" won mentality of sports fandom.
Certainly arguable that it was "earned" in at least a certain sense. Say for example I save my money. Take myself and my (no longer an adorable toddle/now a mildly surly teenager) down to a hockey game. It'd be a fair chunk of change. Heck of a drive. Maybe a once a year thing. In that sense, "earned" would be potentially correct. I would've worked hard to get those tickets. Made plans. Took time off from work. Just because you clearly have massive blinders on doesn't make an argument funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaG View Post
It's a fucking ball. I honestly don't understand your investment in it. I mean, what are you going to do with it? Everyone's all "Oh, the kid will forget all about it by the end of the day." Well, you're gonna go home and throw it in a closet somewhere, or maybe on a shelf, and you're going to forget about it too. Which is fine, because once again, it's a fucking ball.
How do you know? Gentleman in question was at the game with his fiance. Might be a nice memory that'll sit on a desk or bookshelf with the elderly couple walking past and sighing as they remember the fond memory. Meanwhile the ball would just as likely be found under the front seat by mom or dad after the drive home and would mean more to either of them than it ever would to the kid who would readily toss it aside for another bite of a hot dog.

The significance of memories and objects are entirely up to the individual. Making assumptions on them to suit your own view is a poor argument. Also you're sounding like a bit of an ass. You should relax. It's just a baseball.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Guinastasia Guinastasia is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
Which is the point. Adults know that's bullshit, and are mature enough to see someone else eat candy (or hold a ball) without getting upset. Children don't have that maturity.

Defending "finders keepers" is about as mature as a kid crying about being made to share his toys with his little brother. I'm picturing the Foul Ball Owner stamping his size 11 foot saying "But it's MY ball!" Yes, it's your ball, but it is kind and generous and decent and mature to not be selfish and possessive of a toy that you don't really need, aren't really going to play with, and that someone else desperately wants to have.
No, they don't have that maturity. Doesn't mean you have to cater to it. I know my parents would have told me, "hey, maybe you'll get one next time. You can't always get what you want."

Foul balls are fair game. Now, if it had been specifically tossed at the kid, and someone grabbed it away, they'd be a douche of the highest calibur. But in this case, they have every right to it. Why should they kid be allowed to stamp HIS foot and throw a tantrum just because he feels entitled to something?

Seriously. In fact, if my kid started crying and freaking out, and someone offered him the ball, I'd say, "No, that's okay. We're trying to teach him that he doesn't get what he wants just by throwing a fit."

Yes, if the couple gives the kid a ball, that's a really nice thing to do, of course. But if they keep it, that doesn't make them jackasses -- the kid has no right to the ball, just because they're kids.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Hamlet Hamlet is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
From the video, it seems pretty clear that the ballplayer wasn't throwing the ball to the kid, so it's fair game. The guy who caught it can keep it and the kid throwing the tantrum seems like a little shit. I likely would have given the ball to the kid, but I'm the paragon of virtue and purity.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Steve MB Steve MB is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 9,382
Bill Clinton: Thank you, Lisa, for teaching kids everywhere a valuable lesson: "If things don't go your way just keep complaining until your dreams come true."
Marge Simpson: That's a pretty lousy lesson.
Bill Clinton: Hey, I'm a pretty lousy President.
__________________
The Internet: Nobody knows if you're a dog. Everybody knows if you're a jackass.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Scumpup Scumpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
If I were a baseball fan, and if I ever attended a MLB game, and if I ever caught a ball that came came into the stands, I think I'd definitely want to whip it just as hard as I could at the obnoxious shouty drunk's head a few seats back who has been annoying me through the whole game. YMMV.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 PM
FuriousGeorge FuriousGeorge is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
The ball goes to the kid. End of story. Dude broke an unwritten rule.

Have been to hundred of games, both hockey and baseball, major league and minor league. (Go Chiefs/Crunch!) The player is ALWAYS looking to give it to a kid or, short of a kid, a good looking girl. If the player isn't specifically looking at the crowd when tossing in the ball or puck, it's an assumed thing that the player knows. It goes to a kid.

Kids get them because it is supposed to mean something to them. It’s a memory. For adults, it is perceived, fairly or unfairly, as an opportunity to score some quick cash from a memorabilia shop or EBay. Many players will not even sign autographs for adults for that very reason. So in lot ballparks and rinks, you will see adults paying kids a little bit of cash to get cards autographed on the sly.

Were it me, if I didn't have a kid with me, I would give (and have given) it to a kid sitting near me.

That being said, I don't understand the vitriol towards the guy. I think I read that it was his first attended game. So I’m chalking it up to a colossally unaware rube jumping on the hip new winning Texas Rangers bandwagon that is getting exceedingly full.

Last edited by FuriousGeorge; 04-30-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Pashnish Ewing Pashnish Ewing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
...the hip new winning Texas Rangers bandwagon that is getting exceedingly full.
As a life long Texas Rangers fan, I still can't get used to seeing things like this stated without sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM
saoirse saoirse is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
The ball goes to the kid. End of story. Dude broke an unwritten rule.
It's not only unwritten. It's unobserved. The only people who think it's a rule are a few tv announcers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
I suppose I've identified my disconnect with this whole deal.

A real baseball ... that was in a real Major League Game ... that a real Major League player touched? Yeah, couldn't give less of a shit about it.

I just don't get that attached to chachkis.
You know who could explain it to you? Joanie.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
FuriousGeorge FuriousGeorge is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
It's not only unwritten. It's unobserved. The only people who think it's a rule are a few tv announcers..
Ok, Chotchie. Whatever you say.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Scumpup Scumpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Tchotchke.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Blaster Master Blaster Master is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I don't really get why people get so worked up over this sort of thing. If the guy had taken it when it was clearly for the kid, sure, but no one really has any right to it. I don't think it necessarily follows that giving something like that to someone else nearby, kid or not, makes someone any more or less of a douche.

I've been to many professional sporting events, but never gotten a ball or anything. I have, however, been to probably a hundred or more concerts and I have dozens of keepsakes from those shows, probably 8 drumsticks, at least a dozen picks, a couple dozen set lists, and some other more bizarre things like a bridge from a guitar they smashed on stage and parts of their costumes (masks, blow-up weapons, glowsticks, etc), I have a rose that I caught and later dried. Sure, a given band will probably give out half a dozen picks or more over 20-30 shows, so it won't impress anyone else in the same way it won't impress anyone that you caught a foul ball from some no-name player's foul in the third inning, but that's not the point. I can look at almost every single one of those items and recall a specific and vivid memory of not just getting that item but about the show as a whole too. On a few occassions, I've gotten multiple items from the same band (caught both drum sticks, or multiple picks or whatever) and I've given the extras away, and on a few occassions I got something from a band I didn't really care about but someone else clearly loved, so I gave it to them.

Either way, my point is who are we to criticize someone for giving or not giving up an item? Maybe that guy had been a loyal fan for years and finally catching the ball would be a memory he would cherish for the rest of his life or maybe he was just drunk gloating about it and would forget it the next day. Maybe the kid that gets it would remember it as one of his earliest fond memories of a day at the ballpark with his father or maybe he would just forget about it the next day and not have any lasting memory of it at all.

So, I say, unless the guy was a prick about it, leave it up to the person who catches the ball to weigh how much it means to him against how much it will mean to the kid next to him and let him act accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Telemark Telemark is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hub of the sports world
Posts: 15,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
It's not only unwritten. It's unobserved. The only people who think it's a rule are a few tv announcers.
That's my take on it as well. I've been going to games since the mid-70's and I've seen lots of people give foul balls to kids, and lots of people hold on to them for kids at home or for themselves. There's no rule, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM
pulykamell pulykamell is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SW Side, Chicago
Posts: 31,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
That's my take on it as well. I've been going to games since the mid-70's and I've seen lots of people give foul balls to kids, and lots of people hold on to them for kids at home or for themselves. There's no rule, IMO.
So much as there is a rule, if the ball is tossed into the stands by a player, that's usually supposed to go to a kid, IME. Caught foul balls, home runs, etc., are fair game for anyone who gets it. I don't recall any adult getting berated for keeping a foul ball.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Justin_Bailey Justin_Bailey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
So much as there is a rule, if the ball is tossed into the stands by a player, that's usually supposed to go to a kid, IME. Caught foul balls, home runs, etc., are fair game for anyone who gets it. I don't recall any adult getting berated for keeping a foul ball.
This we can all agree on. Tosses into the stands are meant for kids. But if there are no kids where the ball is tossed (especially when players just do that "turn quick and throw it high" move), it's fair game.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Gangster Octopus Gangster Octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
This we can all agree on. Tosses into the stands are meant for kids. But if there are no kids where the ball is tossed (especially when players just do that "turn quick and throw it high" move), it's fair game.
If it is meant for a kid then toss it or give it to a kid, don't just toss into the stands in the general vicinity of a kid and hope that folks abide by some unwritten, mostly unobserved rule.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Idle Thoughts Idle Thoughts is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,454
Well, with the amount of publicity the boy has gotten, I'm sure he's swimming in a pool of balls by now.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM
kayaker kayaker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 15,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Thoughts View Post
Well, with the amount of publicity the boy has gotten, I'm sure he's swimming in a pool of balls by now.
Pedophilia ain't funny.

Last edited by kayaker; 05-01-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:14 AM
mhendo mhendo is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
I know this thread has been dead for a few weeks, but i thought that some people might be interested in this story:

Mike Leake and Zack Cozart hit back-to-back home runs for the Reds today.

The same fan caught both balls!!!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 AM
PlainJain PlainJain is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drain Bead View Post
I understand it from hearing baseball players talk about their intentions when they throw a ball in the stands. What is your understanding based upon?
Bullzhit. Fans help pay their inflated salaries. It's a goodwill free for all. Fuck the whiny kid.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Typo Negative Typo Negative is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bailey View Post
This we can all agree on. Tosses into the stands are meant for kids.
They also toss them to hot chicks.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2013 Sun-Times Media, LLC.