The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The Game Room

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 AM

My first thought on reading the writeup was a quote from a Carry On film.

I too was relieved to see that we get some clues as to game alignment. It's hard to recognise until you get both Town and non-Town results though. I remember a game where there was no Cop, just a machine. It gave a coded reading that no-one could decipher - until we tested and then lynched a Werewolf, which made the code glaringly obvious. Thereafter we could feed a suspect into the machine, read the results and know whether they were Town or Wolf - and if the latter, lynch them that Day.

I've been thinking that there might be something like that, and sure enough there is.
Advertisements  
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal Phase View Post
Sez you.
"Hell is a place where you can only rely on yourself. You creatures are too weak to comprehend."

-IC-
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
"Hell is a place where you can only rely on yourself. You creatures are too weak to comprehend."

-IC-
Eh, I've been there recently after this lot lynched me. Wasn't so bad.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 AM

Are we allowed to to talk strategy right now?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 AM

Yup.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Pls.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 PM

So just to get this straight, does neutral mean ToeJam could have been 3rd Party or PFK? I just want confirmation 'cos in my head that what it means.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Jan View Post
So just to get this straight, does neutral mean ToeJam could have been 3rd Party or PFK? I just want confirmation 'cos in my head that what it means.
Well, we've been assuming due topizzaguy's comments that both Town and Scum can be either Good or Evil, so I don't see why Town/Scum can't be Neutral either. God forbid we should get some useful info out of these deaths! However, a Thief does indicate third party I think.

Ouch, my back is still aching from that Wind attack! Thanks a lot for that, whoever decided to go after me. (I have my suspicions, ahem.) Obviously it could've been a lot worse if I hadn't been healed. How're you doing, MHaye? Normal seems to have fended her attack pretty well. Good for her.

I'm surprised that Astral needed healing. Was he injured and I didn't notice?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choie View Post
Well, we've been assuming due topizzaguy's comments that both Town and Scum can be either Good or Evil, so I don't see why Town/Scum can't be Neutral either. God forbid we should get some useful info out of these deaths! However, a Thief does indicate third party I think.

Ouch, my back is still aching from that Wind attack! Thanks a lot for that, whoever decided to go after me. (I have my suspicions, ahem.) Obviously it could've been a lot worse if I hadn't been healed. How're you doing, MHaye? Normal seems to have fended her attack pretty well. Good for her.

Astral came back with only half of his HP so I think he did need healing.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
It was only the first thing I said after being resurrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Rejection View Post
I have only half of my hit points, so if someone is feeling generous, I could use a heal.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
How're you doing, MHaye? Normal seems to have fended her attack pretty well. Good for her.
I've got a headache after all that rock dropped on me. If anyone got some spare healing, it would be gratefully received.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
lest it become an idiot point . no smack on Jan here . I an currently " good" ( and I'm Town not that you are required to believe that) in order to " upgrade" my character to the level that I think I want to - I have to become " neutral"

so don't put any water in that bucket.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM

It's not that he was neutral, it's the 'self-interested' part in the description.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM

OK, as promised, a summary of my communications with ToeJam:

I first heard from him, unsolicited, during the Gadarene/fubbleskag "third party win condition" kerfluffle. He sent me a PM titles "Here ya go", saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam
The Neutral Win Condition is as Follows:

Win Condition: You are the wealthiest neutral at the end of the game (wealthiest includes item value), so you can afford to pay for your resurrection.

Note- Neutrality doesn't mean Town/Scum. Just means if you're a neutral player vs. being Good/Chaotic.

Now you know everything Gaderene, and a few other players seem to already know.

I asked him how he knew this: was it his wincon? Also how 'Neutral' was defined in this context. His reply:
Quote:
This is my WinCon:
"No further threats to the town exist"
with Town in blue.

I do not know the answer to your Lawful/neutral/chaotic question, no clue there.

I also don't know what happens if a neutral person changes alignment (as alignment changes take 2 days to change- per AskthePizzaGuy, remember).
I'll let you know though if I get any information on that one.

But just thought you oughta at least know as much as Gad does.
I aksed where he got his information, from another player or from the Mod, because i wanted to know how reliable it was.

Quote:
Nah.
None of it's reliable. Come on, Planksy- you should know that. Hell you shouldn't even trust me.

But at least knowing this, you might better understand where Gad is coming from.
He then told me he was a Soldier, and that he was one of the people who attacked Lord Phere on Day 1

That was that, at the time. Then I got another unsolicited email midway through Day 3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam
Random Tidbit of knowledge:
Since I can't really post that often (busy schedule and all next 2 weeks).

Since you've kept our dealings private, I appreciate that.

I got some info for you. From an unnamed source and all that jazz as per the usual.

VisorSlash was visited last night by only 1 person according to said source: Realitytrips.
They didn't see what happened. And they cannot/willnot provide further investigative results to me. But it is the one piece of info I got from them.

I however also know that certain players are untrackable and may escape a watcher's eye. So again, take said above info with grains of salts.

:shrug: If you have any info to share with me, I'd be obliged, but I ss always expect nothing from you.

For the record though, Astral's soldier list is correct.
I did not respond to this one, and received no further messages.

I assume it was the last PM that he was referring to when he talked about his 'investigation', but as you can see there was no indication at the time that this was anything other than another piece of 'unsubstantiated' information that he was passing along.

I have no idea how much, if any, of what ToeJam told me is true, and if untrue I have no idea who the 'liar' is: ToeJam, or his unnamed source.

Since ToeJam was a Rogue (Thief), it seems unilkely that he was also an Investigator, so I take everything he said with a grain of salt.

I've got some yardwork to do now, so I'll be away from the computer for a while. I'll answer any other questions later this afternoon/evening, but you really know pretty much all I know about the situation now.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 PM

Meh, realitytrips told me himself that he'd attacked Visorslash so at least for me the investigation info is not news (though it does substantiate it). I was planning to post my conversations with RT tonight anyway (only mildly redacted), since he hasn't done us the honor of turning up.

He was lying about being a soldier -- soldiers don't do 80 hp damage, and I don't think you can get to rogue from there in two days either though I could be remembering that wrong. I do buy that neutral morality players can be town, but I don't think that he was.

Maybe Gadarene has more to say -- he claimed ToeJam was doing good work for the town and I could see how a thief might be capable of that, but ToeJam didn't have any items on him at hte time of his death.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Meh, realitytrips told me himself that he'd attacked Visorslash so at least for me the investigation info is not news (though it does substantiate it). I was planning to post my conversations with RT tonight anyway (only mildly redacted), since he hasn't done us the honor of turning up.

He was lying about being a soldier -- soldiers don't do 80 hp damage, and I don't think you can get to rogue from there in two days either though I could be remembering that wrong. I do buy that neutral morality players can be town, but I don't think that he was.

Maybe Gadarene has more to say -- he claimed ToeJam was doing good work for the town and I could see how a thief might be capable of that, but ToeJam didn't have any items on him at hte time of his death.
I'm a straight up soldier and can't see rogue at the moment, but I disagree about the damage - although a soldier does 25hp damage, if she uses a weapon she does more. There seem to be a bunch of weapons floating around - my sword does 70, I'm pretty sure someone mentioned an axe that does 80.

Given that this game has RPG elements, could a Rogue, as someone who might be casing joints, be able to watch coming & goings?

Alternatively, is it possible that power roles have separate persistent powers to the RPG roles?

Not that I'm ruling out him lying. Just putting it out there.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Mosier,

Why did you attack me yesterDay?

I guess maybe I just have an impressively large brain?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Plankton View Post
Mosier,

Why did you attack me yesterDay?

I guess maybe I just have an impressively large brain?
Because I think you might be scum, based on what happened to me the first day. You were the first person to vote for me (for saying that your argument against someone else was persuasive), but didn't get nearly enough votes to lynch me. Then, suddenly 3 votes come from some mysterious source to kill me. Then, you claimed you never actually made the argument against Visorslash in the first place. Nobody else seems to care, but I still remember (mostly because I lost track of the thread at that point, and haven't read most of the 45 pages of the game that have happened since then).

Like I said, I have to attack SOMEONE during the day, or I die. I have a limited amount of information, which includes only that you have a non-vanilla role, and you seem to be pulling a lot of strings. I don't have any scum leans on anyone else, and the consequence if I'm wrong is only that I do a bit of damage to someone innocent.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosier View Post
Because I think you might be scum, based on what happened to me the first day. You were the first person to vote for me (for saying that your argument against someone else was persuasive), but didn't get nearly enough votes to lynch me. Then, suddenly 3 votes come from some mysterious source to kill me. Then, you claimed you never actually made the argument against Visorslash in the first place. Nobody else seems to care, but I still remember (mostly because I lost track of the thread at that point, and haven't read most of the 45 pages of the game that have happened since then).

Like I said, I have to attack SOMEONE during the day, or I die. I have a limited amount of information, which includes only that you have a non-vanilla role, and you seem to be pulling a lot of strings. I don't have any scum leans on anyone else, and the consequence if I'm wrong is only that I do a bit of damage to someone innocent.
Fair enough.

You're wrong about me, but I can't really fault your argument.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:54 PM

i'm glad that others have tried private communication. it really adds another dimension to the game.

[OOG]we're preparing to move at the end of the month so i'll be mostly away for the next 72 hours.[/OOG]
Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 AM

Well, Plankton has stolen a good bit of my thunder. I was also in private conversation with ToeJam before his death. Per TJ, he was not a Rogue when he Watched Visorslash; he was an Assassin, which he claims is a watcher role. As far as I can tell, he was switching classes as frequently as he could in order to try to figure out what they all did.

He was very confident that fubbleskag was a third party, but didn't claim any insider information - it was just based on his own win condition and the way fubbles appeared to be trying to collect money early on. This seems like a pretty reasonable connection, though not obviously definitive.

I have no reason to think he was lying about RealityTrips visiting Visorslash; when ToeJam lies it's usually a bit bigger and grander than something like that. He was also very careful not to say for certain that RealityTrips attacked Visorslash, which I think he would have done if he were making the whole thing up out of whole cloth.

He also had some information on which players were communicating extensively off board. I'm not really sure that information is worth very much - I don't think a frequent off-board communicator is any more likely to be Town or Scum than one who stays mostly or entirely on-board.

Think that's it.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM

Whilst the reveal gives us more info than the others, "self interested" is one of the standard d&d definitions of Neutral, so that part may well have been just another moral alignment reveal.

An assassin would probably have lock picking devices too, and certainly would watch comings and goings.

If this was supposed to be a transitory role - Suburban Plankton or Storyteller, did ToeJam give you any ideas as to what else he passed through? It doesn't seem to me to be something that could be gotten by day 3 levelling from soldier.

Then again, did I notice that there is a sort of way to move up fast by levelling in the day and changing roles in the following night? That doesn't seem to be what the initial Role PM said, but I have some memory of ATPG saying it?

I guess the obvious question is whether an assassin was responsible for any of the outright kills (and if it was night, why it might have looked like a Phere killing)?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM

Gadarene, you are way too quiet. What is going on with you?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Glad somebody said it.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 AM

Is anyone else finding the Nights way too long? I know we can talk but it seems as if everybody is waiting for Day to start again. I realise that Pizzamod has a lot to do but I am waiting to see what happened during the Night and if it could help us at all.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM

Astral from 23 days ago agrees with you:

Quote:
I see this being an issue, though. Conversation stops at night, because there's little point in telling the scum team what you plan to do or who you plan to target once Day breaks. 3 days of silence will really put a hurt on the conversation every single Dawn.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 AM

I think the next game I host will have 4 kills per cycle: day lynch for town and day kill for scum, and then night lynch for town and night kill for scum. What fun! What bloodshed!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaer View Post
Whilst the reveal gives us more info than the others, "self interested" is one of the standard d&d definitions of Neutral, so that part may well have been just another moral alignment reveal.

An assassin would probably have lock picking devices too, and certainly would watch comings and goings.

If this was supposed to be a transitory role - Suburban Plankton or Storyteller, did ToeJam give you any ideas as to what else he passed through? It doesn't seem to me to be something that could be gotten by day 3 levelling from soldier.

Then again, did I notice that there is a sort of way to move up fast by levelling in the day and changing roles in the following night? That doesn't seem to be what the initial Role PM said, but I have some memory of ATPG saying it?

I guess the obvious question is whether an assassin was responsible for any of the outright kills (and if it was night, why it might have looked like a Phere killing)?
To me, "self interested" seems more Chaotic than Neutral...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

ToeJam told me during day 1 that he was a Soldier.

According to story, when he watched Visorslash he was an Assassin. He told me about Visorslash/realitytrips during Day 3 and referred to it as happening "last night", which would mean Night 2.

And he was a Rogue (Thief) when he died.

So, if he was telling the truth he went Soldier (Day 1) -> Assassin (Day 2) -> Rogue (Thief) (Day 3).
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Says the person with only two posts Tonight, neither of which were gameplay-related.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I think the next game I host will have 4 kills per cycle: day lynch for town and day kill for scum, and then night lynch for town and night kill for scum. What fun! What bloodshed!

Oooh!! I can like
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Oooh!! I can like
I'll try it out when I host on your board, Silver, and if I like it I'll incorporate it into De'endee 2.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I'll try it out when I host on your board, Silver, and if I like it I'll incorporate it into De'endee 2.

That sounds great, I hope our board gets enough player though. Mitch started that board for us and I thinks it's only LightFoot and Me that have run a game on there??
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 AM

PMs from realitytrip as promised. I've redacted most of his information, though it's necessary for context to reveal that he didn't start the game as plain vanilla. I'm not sure what to think of him and am upset that he just disappeared. A few more thoughts after I eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitytrip
Ok. I keep going back and forth on you being scum or not. Right now, I am leaning not scum. I thought your response to my voting you was good. If you are not scum, you are a talkative townie and it would behoove me to have you on my side. If you are scum, well, it wouldn't be my first misstep in this game.

I am town. [---------------------] You want to know who has been attacking Visorslash? I am one of the people. [--------------------------------------] This is why I have pretty much ignored Visorslash in my postings. Trying not to make it too obvious to scum who the attackers are. Why? Well, Visorslash may be town..but his behavior may lead to him being a mislynch...I think his posts often distract rather than help...if its too far...well I may be talked to changing targets..

Here's hoping I didn't make a big mistake telling you this...
I asked him what he expected from me and got:
Quote:
Beyond not leading the charge to lynch me, nothing.
I have to look into Weedy some more. There were some fair observations, but some of her comments seemed more misreading...course maybe that's the way I come off. I don't know.
Some more helpful info about me - [----------------------------------]
Do with that what you will...
I challenged him on being "most concerned" (quote from one of his posts) about the non-Phere night attacks from night one when he'd just admitted that one of those attacks was himself. I found it to be unnecessarily misleading, bordering an outright lie, the way he put it. I later went back and read it again and changed my mind somewhat -- he seems to have been referring to all night attacks with his "most concerned", not just the non-Phere ones. But this comment is from when I was all "AHAH" about that statement.

Quote:
Yes. My night power doesn't kill anyone (at least not in one blow...not a killing blow, it does hp damage.) I think someone else's does. I am very curious to see how tonight goes. [----------------------] If it will help you see that I am who I say I am - would you like me to attack Visor or not attack tonight? [----------------].

Ok, and yes, I am not going to announce to the board this early that I have an attacking night power. I am sorry you didn't like that post, but I wasn't about to say, "I have a night power...I was one of the attackers...who else was?"

I do want to find out as much about other powers (not necessarily who has them as hidden town powers are essential for town) as I can. Knowledge is power for town. Yes, its power for scum as well, but townies have to try and catch up somehow.
I told him he was missing the point and it was about his mis-leading the town/very nearly lying. (My comment for context:
Quote:
That's not my point. There were only two non-Lord Phere attackers on night one, correct? One of whom was you. Neither of whom did lethal damage. So,
1. what is so all-fired concerning about that single other attack that it would be the most notable thing you had to point out, even above and beyond the scum attack(s); and 2. as a claimed townie, why would you deliberately leave the impression that you had nothing to do with either of those attacks? That was very, very close to an outright lie from you. Why?
RT's response:
Quote:
Really? Really?

Ok...not talking about hp attacks. Talking about magic attack that killed Inner Stickler. I personally (no, I don't have any knowledge, just guessing) think his death was via a player, not necessarily scum.

I just told you why I would want to give that impression. I am sorry, this is my first mafia game, I have only ever played werewolf in person, but in my experience townies only should reveal powers as an absolute last resort, usually when facing a lynch. So why on earth would I give an impression that I might have a night power? What good comes of that besides becoming a night kill target? Isn't it best as a "power" town to try and pretend to be "vanilla" town?

Maybe its just me and I don't fit this game, but I just don't understand...if this doesn't make sense to you, please do me a favor and lynch me tomorrow and I can leave you guys to this.
And a final PM from him:
Quote:
See here's the thing: I just go with my gut. Maybe that makes me a crappy player (probably), but my eyes kinda glaze over on the point by point and point by point rebuttal. I don't have the time or patience. It probably does make me look scummy at times. Often just the way something reads changes my mind.

So, like with Weedy putting out a scum case for me at the moment, you both focus on my back and forth about Astral..but that is what I did, at least in my head. You know I read a line, and I think that's not quite right...but often its more subtle than that...its tone I guess. The same went with you and your reads of me. The way you responded to my voting of you just doesn't read scummy to me. I totally expected you to react differently. That is why I went from voting you to thinking you town.

And that's what makes it hard for me to put out my thoughts on others - because if I do - its going to look scummy or weak. I will work on doing it more, because I know that at least one of the loud voices has to be scum (no, I am not sure).

I do think I am on a different wavelength than you and many of the others here. It makes it VERY frustrating, as I am sure you can tell from some of my posts. I am trying very, very hard to not let get it to me, but as a newbie, its very hard to shake off when you write things that are true to you (guess you will just have to take my word on that) and other people completely misread your words and your intent.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM

All those PMs were exchanged during Night Two, btw.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Quote:
Glad somebody said it.
Not too much. I haven't been on my computer a ton over the last few days, POG being down and it being the weekend and all. My overall energy level for this game has ebbed a bit as well.

I'm happy to quote my PM conversations with ToeJam if you think it would shed some additional light. He said that he had a Neutral win condition (the "amass wealth" thing I talked about however many Days ago) but that he was actively working in favor of the Town and that he was not a PFK; I saw no reason to disbelieve him.

I advance in class after toNight, and I'm interested to see what new powers I'll have.

I was sort of expecting this game to be higher-carnage than it has been.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Is anyone else finding the Nights way too long? I know we can talk but it seems as if everybody is waiting for Day to start again. I realise that Pizzamod has a lot to do but I am waiting to see what happened during the Night and if it could help us at all.
Me. Dunno how much there is to discuss right now. Or rather, I feel like there's probably a ton to discuss, but I haven't gotten any real sense of the shape of this game, so it's hard to get purchase.

I think a Scum should just volunteer to out themselves to give us all information.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM

What makes no sense to me is how realitytrip approaches the disclosure.

He's been "going back and forth" on whether Normal Phase is town, and right now he's leaning town, so... here's his role claim. (I'm assuming that's what the redacted part is, since they later discuss his night power).

It's nonsensical.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM

If my notes are correct, these are the attacks on Visorshash:

Day 1 - 0 HP (unspecified attack, protected by Inner Stickler, who took 75 HP damage)
Day 1 - 100 HP (magical orb)

Night 1 - 100 HP (physical attack)

Day 2 - 50 HP (physical attack by Lord Phere)
Day 2 - 100 HP (magical orb)
Day 2 - 150 HP (physical attack)

Night 2 - 100 HP (unspecified attack)

Normal,

Can you say with any certainty which of these attacks realitytrip is taking credit for?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 PM

When he first contacted me, RT's role reveal (along with his focus on the non-Phere kills, which I later thought I might have mis-read) slammed me right into "I'm dealing with a third party here" territory. I guess I just have a mental block on the idea that a scum team would sign on for such a questionably motivated contact. And the bit in the opening color about there maybe being players in the game who are only out to get each other would seem to explain a lot: his scummy posts, his concern with night attackers who are not Lord Phere, and even his contacting me -- whatever I'm coming across as, I very much doubt that anyone's seeing me as a likely third party/PFK. And a third party wouldn't much care if I was scum or town, only that I didn't come after him. So I don't know. I've been back and forth a dozen times since this PM exchange.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Can you say with any certainty which of these attacks realitytrip is taking credit for?
I think I know all of them. Would it help to say so/ be smart to say so?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I think I know all of them. Would it help to say so/ be smart to say so?
I think yes, but I freely admit I have only a tenuous grasp as to what's going on here.

I'll quote the old adage "more information is better for Town", and then point out that without knowing whether or not you and/or realitytrip are being completely honest, we have no idea whether or not we can trust any of the information you might give us.

But I think it will help us start putting puzzle pieces together. And if we come across any pieces that don't fit, that gives us a lead to work.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM

OK. These were his for sure --

Quote:
If my notes are correct, these are the attacks on Visorshash:

Day 1 - 0 HP (unspecified attack, protected by Inner Stickler, who took 75 HP damage)

And probably this one as well.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene View Post
Me. Dunno how much there is to discuss right now. Or rather, I feel like there's probably a ton to discuss, but I haven't gotten any real sense of the shape of this game, so it's hard to get purchase.

I think a Scum should just volunteer to out themselves to give us all information.

Oh Gad, you sound rather despondent, cheer up, it could be Night for weeks lol

Seriously though, I don't know whether the D&D aspects affect the game at all, except of course they do because when you get down to 0hp you are dead. Is Phere a scum kill? Who the hell knows? Can we kill Phere? Is Phere even important????
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
To me, "self interested" seems more Chaotic than Neutral...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Suddenly that rings a bell - oops. shows how long it's been since I played d&d!

Quote:
ToeJam told me during day 1 that he was a Soldier.

According to story, when he watched Visorslash he was an Assassin. He told me about Visorslash/realitytrips during Day 3 and referred to it as happening "last night", which would mean Night 2.

And he was a Rogue (Thief) when he died.

So, if he was telling the truth he went Soldier (Day 1) -> Assassin (Day 2) -> Rogue (Thief) (Day 3).
I am not aware of any day one role switch options at all except soldier<->mage. Looking at my own Role PM, I can't really see how that would stack up as an option, even if you started non-good. So, I'm guessing not truthful.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:13 PM

I went from Soldier to Archer on Day 1.

I swear, it's like nobody listens to me.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Too true.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene View Post

Top 3 villagers, and top 3 Scum leans?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=Normal Phase;15018609]OK. These were his for sure --
Quote:

And probably this one as well.
Quote:
Well, the PM I got from ToeJam during Day 3 said "VisorSlash was visited last night by only 1 person according to said source: Realitytrips." "last night" in this context ought to mean Night 2, so that takes care of your 'probable' attack.

But that means he did 100 HP damage twice, 150 once, and 75 once.

Why the disparity? The lesser damage taken by Inner could be a result of some ability of item of his that reduced damage, but why would what appears to be the same physical attack do varying amounts of damage?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Inner protected, so took half of the 150. As for the rest it was described as related to his role but that's all I can say.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Was 'Assassin' among your options for Class change on Day 1?

Of course, you were 'Good', while ToeJam was 'Neutral', so that might have changed the options available...but then again, my PM listed options for me that required an Alignment change. LightFoot has mentioned the same, so it would seem that initial Alignment shouldn't be an issue here.