The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRobyn View Post
It'd be like fucking a baseball mitt.
This made me laugh like a loon.

...and after seeing the video you linked, I predict she will be declared an unfit momma in 3... 2... 1...
Advertisements  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Mrs. Nutley accuses her detractors of being "jealous, fat, and ugly" in this video. She also sounds intoxicated, although that may be her normal voice, what with breathing in all the shit she has to put on her skin to keep it from flaking off.

This woman has to be mentally ill. There is no way any sane person would voluntarily put themselves through what she goes through.
There's no question she's on something. She sounds drunk. I love the part in the video where she hitches up her pants before making a beeline for the tanning salon.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 PM

If she's not driving, who cares if she's drunk?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenaroph View Post
I thought this picture (which appears to be from the future) was even more ...interesting, with the lipliner. She really does look like an Oompa-Loompa here.
Steak lips!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelellogram View Post
If she's not driving, who cares if she's drunk?
It's not exactly the responsible thing to get yourself drunk before an interview where people will be determining whether you get to keep your child. And it's a really bad idea to get drunk before going tanning.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
And it's a really bad idea to get drunk before going tanning.
Why? What difference does it make? Other than perhaps the risk of passing out/falling asleep in the tanning bed; but either way the bed is on a timer (and I don't think she'd mind if she got a few extra minutes anyway)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Resident Archangel
Charter Member

Actually, she's really really smart for doing this. It's going to make her immortal. In 1,000 years, she'll look like this. And she'll still be living in Nutley.

Last edited by Angel of the Lord; 05-03-2012 at 11:57 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
SD Curator of Critters

She's like a real-world version of Magda from Something About Mary.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I know you're kidding (or at least I hope you are), but would you really stick your dick in that? It'd be like fucking a baseball mitt.
Nah. You can only get one hand into a baseball mitt.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno-Toad View Post
Nah. You can only get one hand into a baseball mitt.
That did make me laugh
Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of the Lord View Post
Actually, she's really really smart for doing this. It's going to make her immortal. In 1,000 years, she'll look like this.
And in another few millenia, like this.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
She's like a real-world version of Magda from Something About Mary.
I never thought I'd say this, but she makes Magda look good. (Where's the barfing smiley?)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Horrified Onlooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
And in another few millenia, like this.
She suffers from "Early Onset Mummification."
According to a text message CNN quoted.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
It's not exactly the responsible thing to get yourself drunk before an interview where people will be determining whether you get to keep your child. And it's a really bad idea to get drunk before going tanning.
It wasn't a fucking interview that she prepared for, she was accosted by TMZ while going about her business.

I'm not saying that this bitch ain't cray. Obviously she is. But I'm fucking sick and tired of armchair attorneying by the general public. Even if she's drunk at noon (which is legal, if stupid) and super-tanned (which is legal, if stupid) doesn't mean she put her kid in a tanning bed (which is illegal). You see the difference?

Last edited by Rachellelogram; 05-04-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
Why? What difference does it make? Other than perhaps the risk of passing out/falling asleep in the tanning bed; but either way the bed is on a timer (and I don't think she'd mind if she got a few extra minutes anyway)
I realize you guys are joking, but you actually aren't supposed to drink before going tanning (either in a bed or outside). That shit is hot, so it's a bad idea to be dehydrated and then roast yourself. Also, I've always understood that you'll burn faster/worse if you're dehydrated from drinking.

Not to mention the whole heat/passing out thing.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM

Bah, too late to edit!

And FWIW, I imagine it's gotta be pretty draining on even the most mentally stable person to have the entire world attacking your physical appearance, your parenting choices, and to be facing the loss of custody of your daughter. This lady CLEARLY has some issues, so take that normal person's stress reaction and magnify it times 100. So, I don't know if that's drunk or hopped up on Xanax-- frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she's appearing like a hot mess there due to anti anxiety meds.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

From now on we should only pick on level-headed, mentally stable people who exercise good common sense and are conscientious parents.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
From now on we should only pick on level-headed, mentally stable people who exercise good common sense and are conscientious parents.
As soon as we can find one.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Well, it'll either be right here or in Lake Wobegon, two places where all the children (and parents) are above average.

Last edited by Vinyl Turnip; 05-04-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 PM

I tend to believe her story that the daughter got burned outside. In the photo I saw her daughter looks like she has reddish hair so she can probably burn pretty quickly.

That woman needs some help, I hope she gets it. I was shocked that she had a husband but can't help being a little curious of what she looks like naked.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 PM

Agreed the lady has several suntan bulbs loose.

But, 10 years for child endangerment is total bullsh*t. Ok, repeated exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer. One trip and a sunburn does not equal child endangerment. If we want that kind of draconian law then lets burn the woman at the stake. That'll teach her won't it? What in the world has happened to this country that anybody would be thrown in prison for 10 years over a sunburn?

Taking a underage kid to a suntan place should be a fine. I'd even agree to $750 for each charge. After five charges, then maybe a 30 day jail sentence to drive home the point.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05...ison?hpt=hp_t3

Last edited by aceplace57; 05-04-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace57 View Post

But, 10 years for child endangerment is total bullsh*t. Ok, repeated exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer. One trip and a sunburn does not equal child endangerment. If we want that kind of draconian law then lets burn the woman at the stake. That'll teach her won't it? What in the world has happened to this country that anybody would be thrown in prison for 10 years over a sunburn?
I agree with this. And I have to wonder: what if mom tanned outside by the pool every warm day of the year and kid laid out there with her. Little red headed child gets some sun burns. Does mom go to jail there?

What if it's just a Memorial Day weekend family get together where most of the time is spent outside at the pool and the little girl gets a bad sun burn. Does mom go to jail there?

I suppose those are just talking points. I am certain that putting your kid in a tanning bed is awful and she should suffer some punishment if she did that, but 10 years is a little insane. That said, I'm not even sure I buy that this tiny red headed kid didn't just get burned outside, despite mom's personal insanity.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulema View Post
That woman needs some help, I hope she gets it. I was shocked that she had a husband but can't help being a little curious of what she looks like naked.
no unnatural tan lines.

she's the toast of the town.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiosaBellissima View Post
I agree with this. And I have to wonder: what if mom tanned outside by the pool every warm day of the year and kid laid out there with her. Little red headed child gets some sun burns. Does mom go to jail there?

What if it's just a Memorial Day weekend family get together where most of the time is spent outside at the pool and the little girl gets a bad sun burn. Does mom go to jail there?

I suppose those are just talking points. I am certain that putting your kid in a tanning bed is awful and she should suffer some punishment if she did that, but 10 years is a little insane. That said, I'm not even sure I buy that this tiny red headed kid didn't just get burned outside, despite mom's personal insanity.
Actually, in some jurisdictions, it is possible for parents to face child endangerment charges for failing to protect their children from the sun. (Here is one such example. Here is another. Actually, here is the Google search, with the words "Patricia" "Krentcil" "New" and "Jersey" filtered out, if you'd like to have a look.)

That being said, I've got the girl's complexion, and I (mainly) take care to protect myself from the sun. But I also know firsthand that a severe sunburn hurts like hell. If I choose to be an idiot and fail to protect myself with appropriate clothing and sunscreen, that's on me because I'm an adult and capable of making my own decisions. A child? Not so much.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace57 View Post
...If we want that kind of draconian law then lets burn the woman at the stake.
Somebody already did.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno-Toad View Post
Somebody already did.