Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2015, 06:39 AM

His head just popped right off!

Hello Everyone,

I'm reading a book now called American Warrior: The true story of a Ranger legend by Gary O'Neil. This is an autobiographical book covering Mr. O'Neil's time as a special forces soldier. It's been a quite interesting read so far, but I'm having a hard time buying what I'm reading. If what O'Neil says of his time in special forces are true he makes even Rambo look like the biggest pussy to ever walk the face of the earth. This guy is the Forrest Gump of military men, apparently being involved in every military event from Vietnam to the Gulf War. And of course he is a master of every weapon ever invented and a Bruce Lee equal when it comes to martial arts.

I've looked his name up on Wikipedia and apparently he was in the special forces, but how much of his book is true, I just don't know. I was believing it for the most part until I read a passage last night where he claims to have, using nothing more than his bare hands, decapitated a enemy soldier. He then threw the severed head at another enemy, hitting him square in the chest causing him to run away in terror.

So my question is: Is it possible to remove a human head with nothing but a quick twisting motion and human strength? From his book:

Instantly, I was back in combat. All my American Warrior Free Fighting practice got unleashed. React. React. React. No thought involved. I grabbed the one guy closest to me, a small guy but real strong, and spun him around. Using his body weight I put my arm around his head and twisted, and I pulled his head right off his body. That was not my intent. It just happened. I just grabbed him, put him in that technique, threw his body, and his head snapped and ripped. Taking somebody’s head off is not as difficult as people imagine. You just need enough torque and anger. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw somebody else coming toward me, so I flipped the head and hit him right in the chest. Nobody’s real comfortable having a head thrown at him. He scrambled away from it, terrified.

So, what do you think? Possible or compete bullshit?

Last edited by obbn; 01-09-2015 at 06:43 AM.