Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Alot of people don't like George W. Bush because he took country to illegal war you angry about it?

A lot of people have said a lot of things about what he did with Tony Blair or Tony B. Liar in Iraq but it was an illegal war because he never got the UN resolution and it was based on a lie - that Saddam had weapons ready within 45 minutes of course the weapons he never had but I would like to see the father of soldiers killed in Iraq challenging him on this and someone said Tony Blair You're a War Criminal also and what do you think about this also then you angry about it? Are you making any sense of all the things that happened you angry about it?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:56 PM

Who? Me? Yeah, kinda. You?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yeah, makes me mad. But what kind of sandwiches do you like, then?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunmurry View Post
someone said Tony Blair You're a War Criminal also
Awright, who said that?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Are you making any sense...?
This was the funniest part.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
A lot of people have said a lot of things about what he did with Tony Blair or Tony B. Liar in Iraq but it was an illegal war because he never got the UN resolution and it was based on a lie - that Saddam had weapons ready within 45 minutes of course the weapons he never had but I would like to see the father of soldiers killed in Iraq challenging him on this and someone said Tony Blair You're a War Criminal also and what do you think about this also then you angry about it? Are you making any sense of all the things that happened you angry about it?
First, I'd love to know what would James Joyce' Molly Bloom would say about it....
Old 06-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

1. Punctuation is your friend.

2. Drinking the bongwater is never a Good Idea.

3. Whaa?

4. Again...whaa?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

:::shrug:::: I've forgiven him. After all he was just one of many nations effectively bullied into going along.

But yeah, people in all those nations deserve to still be a little pissy about it, at least, I think!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Join date 2002???
Old 06-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Join date 2002???
Out of a little over 150 posts, 110 of them are thread starters!!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:58 PM

At first I was like "Whaaa ?" but then I was like "Ooooh", and then I was like "whaaa ?" again.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 PM

I despise him for all sorts of reasons, including attacking Iraq. I think he was stupid and genuinely evil.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Join date 2002???
He left for 10 years, and then somehow found his way back.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Blucher View Post
First, I'd love to know what would James Joyce' Molly Bloom would say about it....
Yes, she would say, yes I will, yes....

Last edited by elucidator; 06-06-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM

Alot of people don't like George W. Bush because he took country to illegal war you angry about it?

Who wants to know?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 PM

Wow, that was a behemoth of a run-on sentence.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
He left for 10 years, and then somehow found his way back.
Right, I was just about to say '2006 called, they want their rant back'.

It's not healthy to hold rage in that long.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wow, that was a behemoth of a run-on sentence.
A word stampede.

Last edited by elucidator; 06-06-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
A word stampede.
I feel like I was beaten with a language barrier....
Old 06-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
A word stampede.
Alot of words.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
I mean literally. He joined in 2002, then didn't post between 2004 and 2014.

I think someone might have inadvertently said his name three times in 2014.

Last edited by Colibri; 06-06-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't say angry. I think the Iraq War was incredibly ill conceived. I think the Bush Administration played political games with the evidence (like the outing of Valerie Plame) and the stated reason (weapons of mass destruction) turned out not to be true. It diverted attention from more important issues at the time. It damaged the U.S. both directly (in lives and money lost) and indirectly (in terms of our credibility and standing in the world). The immediate aftermath was poorly managed and we did not rule well after taking over the country (things like securing valuable sites, Blackwater, and Abu Ghraib). It created a situation in which ISIS could thrive. Oh, and we killed tens of thousands of innocent people.

So why am I not angry? I'm not sure it would do any good at this point to get angry. And I need something specific to be angry at; I don't know if George W. Bush was evil, weak, or stupid. He's out of office, I'll have to be content with that.

What concerns me these days isn't the past, but the present. We don't seem to have come to terms with what we did. There are still Americans who defend the choice to go to war. There are others who seem to want to pretend that it just didn't happen. During the Republican debates when Donald Trump criticized Jeb Bush's defense of his brother* it caused quite an uproar. Thou shalt not criticize a fellow Republican; thou shalt not admit that it was a complete clusterfuck. It seems that some people are so wedded to an ideology, so invested in the decisions of the past, that they can't admit a mistake without their whole identity crumbling.

* The issue was about whether George W. kept the country safe during his watch. Trump pointed out that 9/11 did happen while he was president. As with the Iraq War, they do not speak of such things.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post

It's not healthy to hold rage in that long.
That's some latency. I'm going out on a limb here and guess Comcast.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I'm having trouble making sense out of your post.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
I'm having trouble making sense out of your post.
congratulations you have successfully passed this phase of the voight-kampff empathy test.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 AM

Thank goodness we've had lots of legally declared wars since GWB.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:30 AM

Focusing one's anger on G.W. Bush is like blaming the monkey for misdeeds of the organ grinder. The list of those deserving more hatred and anger than Dubya starts with Dick Cheney. Paul Bremer also belongs in one of the inner circles of Hell. Don't forget Henry Kissinger, a key Bush advisor though he had no official position at the time.

Everyone now knows that WMD's had nothing to do with the real reasons for the War, but each of the bloodthirsty Cheneyites had different reasons for supporting the stupid adventure. Kissinger favored the Iraqi invasion because "Afghanistan didn't humiliate radical Islam enough."
Old 06-07-2016, 12:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Dude, don't do drugs and then post on teh InnerWebz.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
1. Punctuation is your friend.
How do you manage to always post, word-for-word, what I was going to say?

I mean, it happens with depressing regularity.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:01 PM

U mad bro?
Old 06-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
So why am I not angry? I'm not sure it would do any good at this point to get angry.
It would do some good to not elect one of the people responsible to be the next President.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
It would do some good to not elect one of the people responsible to be the next President.
Yes, but I don't need to be angry in order to do that. To the contrary, I think some politicians can feed and exploit the anger of their followers to destructive ends.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Oh my. This willful ignorance also inspires fear and even hatred against the hypocrites who spout it.

First, how is sensical to conflate liars with those who believed their lies? I opposed the Iraqi War from the beginning yet gullible me never suspected the truth, that Cheney et al were committing perjury and treason for personal profit.

Second, the Iraq War Resolution was intended to give Bush leverage in negotiating with Saddam. Senators did not yet grasp the utter evil of Cheney-Rumsfeld, that an unnecessary war would be launched when Saddam was on the verge of capitulation.

Sometimes I think I need a scorecard to keep trick of SDMB idiots. Grumman was barely a name to me, and I have no idea if you're a left-wing idiot or a right-wing idiot. I've no idea if you believe your own tripe, or are just blowing smoke rooting for Trump or Bernie.

There's an Ignore This User button, but we need a Go Ahead and Read This Post But Know that the Poster is a Moron button it would come in handy when I see something as stupid as Grumman's post.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Oh my. This willful ignorance also inspires fear and even hatred against the hypocrites who spout it.
I've no idea if you believe your own tripe...
Then don't call me a hypocrite, dumbass.

You apparently think that Hillary Clinton merely being Bush's "useful idiot" is an argument in favour of making her President. I don't. If an Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iran ever crosses the President's desk, I don't trust Clinton to be the one who decides whether or not to sign it.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
A lot of people have said a lot of things about what he did with Tony Blair or Tony B. Liar in Iraq but it was an illegal war because he never got the UN resolution and it was based on a lie - that Saddam had weapons ready within 45 minutes of course the weapons he never had but I would like to see the father of soldiers killed in Iraq challenging him on this and someone said Tony Blair You're a War Criminal also and what do you think about this also then you angry about it?
I put this into the Stanford Parser and my computer froze and now it won't boot. What do I do?
Old 06-08-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
You apparently think that Hillary Clinton merely being Bush's "useful idiot" is an argument in favour of making her President.
In addition to the stupidity already demonstrated you now exhibit a classic Imbecile's Logic Fallacy. You jump from my "I tolerate spinach despite its taste" to the non sequitur "So, you prefer avocados for their taste."

Ignoring the whole question of Hillary and Iraq, do you grasp the Imbecile's Fallacy I just gave an example of? Do you admit to applying it just now? I'd really like an answer I'm curious whether contemplation of an important policy question just clouds your judgment ... Or whether you really are an imbecile who can't cope with trivial logic.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 AM

I'm still waiting for the Chilcot Report to come out, currently due in July. Blair is already spinning madly, so it looks like he's not going to come out of this particularly well.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:08 AM

Amazing! According to this, Blair's defense is going to be essentially the same bullshit we heard from Bush and Rummie in early 2003, stuff that has been discredited and ridiculed for 13 years.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
You apparently think that Hillary Clinton merely being Bush's "useful idiot" is an argument in favour of making her President. I don't. If an Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iran ever crosses the President's desk, I don't trust Clinton to be the one who decides whether or not to sign it.
Perhaps, but given the choice between "the party that believed the lies, false assertions and manufactured evidence given by the White House in the assumed best interest of the country" and "the party that lied, gave false assertions and manufactured evidence for personal and party benefit to the actual great detriment of the country", I know who I'd trust more.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:19 AM

All very interesting information here. There is also a lot of anger that it was all based on a lie yes it was basically a lie and so on actually. And what did you think of it? Any more thoughts about it?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Yeah, makes me mad. But what kind of sandwiches do you like, then?
Peanut butter and bullshit, please. Can I have a glass of fracking water and a deep fried Twinkie with that as well?

Stranger
Old 07-06-2016, 09:06 AM

If this OP is true, shit like this will totally and forever ruin a political party. In fact, that party would be so screwed that they would have to dig up some entertaining, retarded gibbon with a comb-over and small hands to represent their party in a run for POTUS. That could never happen.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
All very interesting information here. There is also a lot of anger that it was all based on a lie yes it was basically a lie and so on actually. And what did you think of it? Any more thoughts about it?
What specifically did you find so very interesting about the information we gave you in this thread? Was it the large gap in your posting pattern? Was it the incredibly high number of threads you've started compared to the total number of posts? Maybe it was the multiple comments on your writing habits? Which did you find the most interesting?

Last edited by Czarcasm; 07-06-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Are you receiving your news on an earth like planet circling a distant yellow star, 13 light years from source of origin?
Old 07-06-2016, 09:42 AM

They should drum that Tony Blair guy right out of office!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 AM

Ummmm ... strictly speaking ... when the House votes 297-133 and the Senate votes 77-23 in favor of sending the military to Iraq ... it's not an illegal war ... just saying ...

Senator Hillary voted 'yes' ... so it has to be legal

Last edited by watchwolf49; 07-06-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:09 AM

The war in Iraq wasn't illegal. Bush II had congressional approval. It was stupid, pointless, and done for reasons either deceptive or delusional, but it was not illegal.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Any more thoughts about it?
Yes.

Now I'm pissed off at Woodrow Wilson.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
They should drum that Tony Blair guy right out of office!
Bush too! Send him back to Texas.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM

I have plenty of thoughts, but you'll get nothing more from me until I see my penny.