Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgoddess View Post
But when he attacked the reporter, he was also attacking everyone with a similar disability. If we attack Trump for a disability, we are also attacking everyone with a similar disability. I don't want to attack innocent people just to express my contempt for Trump.
In this case, the only other similarly disabled person might be Elmer Fudd, so it's okay.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:58 PM

I don't know how anyone could watch that speech and think he only slurred during one word. The entire thing looks like he's trying to hold his teeth in, especially when he says "hearchs and minds to poshible and poshibilitiesh". It looks like he's holding something extra in his mouth. It isn't so much slurred like a medical condition. Right after he says that he purses his lips and it seems he's trying to adjust whatever it is and it's okay for a few words, then it gets weird again by the time he gets to "Chrishin and Mushlim". I'm not watching any more. That's enough to confirm it's not just one word. It's obvious to me he has something in his mouth. Maybe it's just a lozenge. I don't know, but I do know it's a hell of a lot more than one word.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:10 PM

It's not funny, true, but thump absolutely deserves to be ridiculed and shamed in exactly the way he has ridiculed and shamed others. What about the day that Hillary stumbled--holy shit, that was front page news for days. thump doesn't deserve one molecule of consideration or slack. Every one of his intentional and unintentional slips and faults should be pointed out, mocked, and shown to the whole world. If that means I'm stooping to his level, I don't give a flying fuck. We've got to stop treating this guy like he's normal and deserves normal consideration!

I was livid when I heard quotes from world leaders reacting to the Jerusalem announcement as though thump were a normal president making a normal announcement! Stop treating the guy like he's anything except what he is: a very bad choice for president of the United States, and someone who should be subject to his own solution for problem employees, namely, FIRE THEM!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM

I shate it when that happens!

I only listened to the short clip in the OP with the last 45 seconds or so. He seemed to be having problems with every "s" sound he was saying. Something was wrong, as he usually doesn't talk like that.

Last edited by John Mace; 12-07-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushgeekgirl View Post
I don't know how anyone could watch that speech and think he only slurred during one word. The entire thing looks like he's trying to hold his teeth in, especially when he says "hearchs and minds to poshible and poshibilitiesh". It looks like he's holding something extra in his mouth. It isn't so much slurred like a medical condition. Right after he says that he purses his lips and it seems he's trying to adjust whatever it is and it's okay for a few words, then it gets weird again by the time he gets to "Chrishin and Mushlim". I'm not watching any more. That's enough to confirm it's not just one word. It's obvious to me he has something in his mouth. Maybe it's just a lozenge. I don't know, but I do know it's a hell of a lot more than one word.
It might be more than one persons genitals.

Apparently he started the speech OK. But near the end it went potty. It was a whole paragraph of trouble.

He became president on his stated perfection, (Only I...) and wrapped it in an extreme intolerance of others imperfections. His physical infirmities are, therefore, news.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Maybe I need to get my ears checked, but the speech sounded like a typical Trumpian speech to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Charter Jays Fan

His voice was slurred. It was not the same as usual.

He sounded like my father the year before he died.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCarol View Post
Agreed.

Stupid CNN has a link right now, "Did Trump Slur His Speech?" Of course, I had to click on it. Thanks, CNN. I listened to 11+ minutes of a reasonably articulate, if odiously motivated, speech - clearly not written by Trump - just to hear ONE. LOUSY. SLURRED. WORD. at the very end. Yeah right - who cares? Like no one else, of any political stripe, has ever stumbled over a word here and there?

Sheesh. When come back, bring an actual story.
I thought the quality of his speechwriting was improved big league
Old 12-07-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
In addition to trying to behave better than the President, I also try to behave better than Fox News personalities.
I'm not saying we should do what they would do, I was just pointing out their hypocrisy.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Did you hear the beginning of it, or just the end? It was quite different.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I'm not saying we should do what they would do, I was just pointing out their hypocrisy.
That's shooting fish in a barrel, man!
Old 12-07-2017, 03:40 PM

I think it's clearly a problem with his teeth and dentures. He was reportedly dehydrated, which isn't surprising given his diet and schedule. With all this talk of impeachment, it's crossed my mind that he might get physically and mentally gassed to the point where he taps out.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgoddess View Post
But when he attacked the reporter, he was also attacking everyone with a similar disability. If we attack Trump for a disability, we are also attacking everyone with a similar disability. I don't want to attack innocent people just to express my contempt for Trump.
I agree, but I don't think that anyone ridiculing Trump for his mushmouth garble would be making fun of a disability. Unless obnoxious vanity is a disability, in which case a debate should be opened to bat back and forth the merits of making fun of such a disability.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
I agree, but I don't think that anyone ridiculing Trump for his mushmouth garble would be making fun of a disability. Unless obnoxious vanity is a disability, in which case a debate should be opened to bat back and forth the merits of making fun of such a disability.
Discussion takes too long. I say strike now and have a discussion about feeling guilty later.
He should get his nose rubbed in it and swatted with a rolled up Washington Post.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
Maybe I need to get my ears checked, but the speech sounded like a typical Trumpian speech to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Same here. I actually thought his delivery was pretty strong for Trump.

But if you look at the video, it’s clear he was struggling to contain his teeth or something.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:45 PM

I agree. In the video, he did seem to be struggling. It was more than just the last word. It also seemed to me that Pence behind him seemed to get concerned at a few points.

Today the White House announced that Trump will undergo a physical and release the results (ha!) in early 2018.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I think it's clearly a problem with his teeth and dentures. He was reportedly dehydrated, which isn't surprising given his diet and schedule. With all this talk of impeachment, it's crossed my mind that he might get physically and mentally gassed to the point where he taps out.
It's been scientifically proven that lying puts a significant strain on blood flow to the brain, and can result in severe dehydration and in some cases hair loss or even changes in skin color. Someone should check Trump for any of those symptoms!!!
Old 12-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I agree. In the video, he did seem to be struggling. It was more than just the last word. It also seemed to me that Pence behind him seemed to get concerned at a few points.

Today the White House announced that Trump will undergo a physical and release the results (ha!) in early 2018.
Concerned my foot, I'll bet he'd be issuing executive orders before Trump hit the floor.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post

He sounded like my father the year before he died.

Did your father have a stroke by any chance?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Alongside his tax returns.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Story is his standard lunch is 2 Big Macs, 2 Filet O Fish, and a milkshake. That's 2500 or so calories right there, most of them empty.
That was in Corey Lewandowski’s book, right? He followed up by saying that trump only consumed one meal a day, so it was okay.

I don’t know about 71 year old obese dudes, but if *I* let my tummy shrink by fasting for hours and hours, there’s no way I could cram that much crap into it at a sitting (without becoming seriously ill).
Old 12-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
That was in Corey Lewandowski’s book, right? He followed up by saying that trump only consumed one meal a day, so it was okay.

I don’t know about 71 year old obese dudes, but if *I* let my tummy shrink by fasting for hours and hours, there’s no way I could cram that much crap into it at a sitting (without becoming seriously ill).
Trump has the best appetite, though. No one has a better appetite then he does!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I’m sure he does. Errant fuckery builds up quite a craving!

Doesn’t it kill you, though, that the miserable shit could have ANY FOOD IN THE WORLD — Uzbekistan dumplings, roasted Tuscan boar, raw Archachon oysters, Sally’s clam pizza flown in from New Haven — and his choices are KFC and ketchuped steaks that rattle in the pan?

Not the FIRST thing that makes me want to take a Louisville Slugger to his head, but up there in the top twenty.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 12-07-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
I’m sure he does. Errant fuckery builds up quite a craving!

Doesn’t it kill you, though, that the miserable shit could have ANY FOOD IN THE WORLD — Uzbekistan dumplings, roasted Tuscan boar, raw Archachon oysters, Sally’s clam pizza flown in from New Haven — and his choices are KFC and ketchuped steaks that rattle in the pan?

Not the FIRST thing that makes me want to take a Louisville Slugger to his head, but up there in the top twenty.
Imagine what it's like for the White House chef.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:

More than the slurring and weird slurping back of his lower plate, what concerned me was the odd step-back he did at the very end of his speech. He was already struggling. The step-back looked to me like he was having a hard time not fainting.

Also disturbing was how he stepped to the left (viewer's left, not his left) of the podium just after he finished. Strangely unsteady.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Well, someone is taking it seriously.

"White House announces physical exam for Trump after slurred speech"
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump will undergo the traditional physical examination at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in early 2018 and make public the results of that checkup, the White House promised on Thursday. Press secretary Sarah Sanders also dismissed what she called “ridiculous questions” about Trump’s health after he seemed to slur some words in a speech a day earlier.

“There were a lot of questions on that — frankly, pretty ridiculous questions,” Sanders told reporters at her daily briefing. “The president’s throat was dry, nothing more than that.”
More backpedaling, dismissals, obfuscation, smoke screens, and non-denial denials to follow.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
... The step-back looked to me like he was having a hard time not fainting.
Gee, is his non-fainting going to make headlines for days and days like Hillary's stumble did?

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 12-07-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Imagine what it's like for the White House chef.
Ham.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/new...you-make--5155
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post

More backpedaling, dismissals, obfuscation, smoke screens, and non-denial denials to follow.

ETA:
Gee, is his non-fainting going to make headlines for days and days like Hillary's stumble did?
FFS, stop making a mountain out of a molehill!! Every time my throat gets dry, I suck my teeth, make drunken puffer fish faces and wobble around like a blanc mange in a high wind. Doesn't everyone??
Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
I like presidents who don't have dentures.
I like presidents whose adult teeth weren't captured by a wimpy tooth fairy.

I'm starting the Toother Movement. I want to see a tooth certificate that proves he has his original teeth.

Last edited by AnalogSignal; 12-07-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

ETA:
if anyone truly thought the slurring was something serious , he would have been on his way to the nearest hospital as soon as he was off-stage.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:49 PM

I kept thinking of that skit of Sean Connery on Jeopardy capping on Alex Trebek's Mom.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:51 PM

Makes me wonder if his Rubio moment made him decide that he will never again have water during a speech, and just sound like drunk instead.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
A stroke?
Speculation centers on TIA:
A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a brief episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow) – either focal brain, spinal cord, or retinal – without infarction (tissue death). TIAs have the same underlying cause as strokes: a disruption of cerebral blood flow (CBF). Symptoms caused by a TIA resolve in 24 hours or less.
Alcohol is another proposed explanation, but I would bet against that. For one thing there's a noticeable difference between the first 30 seconds of the speech and the last 30 seconds: https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/938506878690254848

Separately, here's an apparently confused moment from last summer, where Trump wanders away from his Limo after stepping off his plane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-0Q5-gMcI

Then there are comparisons between Trump's current rambling and the interviews he gave during the 1990s.

The President is an elderly male: we can't rule out medical issues, especially given that he didn't release meaningful medical records during the campaign. If Trump wants to quiet questions like this, he can submit to a thorough medical examination and release the results, like every other modern President.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 AM

That was really weird. I just watched the end of the speech on CNN because I can't listen to Tmurp for too long without vomiting, but he was acting odd and slurring a lot more than just the last word or two. He was pursing his lips even more than normal as if trying to keep his teeth from forcibly ejecting themselves from his mouth.

I don't feel too bad about making fun of him for any infirmities since he does this aggressively to anyone he doesn't like and boasts about his own supposedly perfect health.

I never thought about him possibly having false teeth before. If he does, wouldn't he have made sure to secure them better before making a speech?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:22 AM

There was a pretty good maybe Reddit thread or something I read during the election where an alleged Dentist looked at pics of the candidates' teeth and conjectured about work they had done. I really doubt Trump has dentures. The Dentist believed that he had veneers placed on all his teeth, which I think more likely. The Dentist also said he was really impressed with whomever placed them, and said something like they were among the best he had seen.

Ok Found a Link:

https://imgur.com/a/ile5E

Last edited by pool; 12-08-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:46 AM

It would be pretty ironic if, after all the political scheming on how to get Republicans to invoke the 25th Amendment because Trump is unfit for office, they actually had to invoke the 25th Amendment because he's, you know, unfit for office due to being medically compromised.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:02 AM

Anyone want to bet SNL will be comedy gold this Saturday night?
Old 12-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measure for Measure View Post
Alcohol is another proposed explanation, but I would bet against that. For one thing there's a noticeable difference between the first 30 seconds of the speech and the last 30 seconds: https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/938506878690254848
Aravosis wrote more fully about this on AmericaBlog, where he also pointed out that Trump's signature seemed unusually sloppy and messy compared to earlier signatures, with photos to illustrate his point.

Quote:
...in this signature the lines are jerky. It’s as if someone much older if drawing the signature slowly — no longer do you see the clean up and down motion in earlier Trump signatures. Look specifically at the way Trump draws the up and down lines to signify the letters “rum” in Trump — compare that to the way he used to do it in previous signatures. This one is messy, while previous signatures are drawn with very strong up and down lines. It reminds me of how my parents’ signatures degraded as they aged over the decades. But Trump’s degraded in a matter of months.
One of the comments on that blogpost, by a self-described RN, noted: "He looked like he was bothered by the feeling of a really thick tongue (a symptom of stroke).... the sudden change from clear to slurred speech, the obvious uneven walk and his 'plop-down' at the signing desk and his usual meticulously written signature ending up looking like a train-wreck, I'm thinking maybe mini-stroke."
Old 12-08-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
Aravosis wrote more fully about this on AmericaBlog, where he also pointed out that Trump's signature seemed unusually sloppy and messy compared to earlier signatures, with photos to illustrate his point.

One of the comments on that blogpost, by a self-described RN, noted: "He looked like he was bothered by the feeling of a really thick tongue (a symptom of stroke).... the sudden change from clear to slurred speech, the obvious uneven walk and his 'plop-down' at the signing desk and his usual meticulously written signature ending up looking like a train-wreck, I'm thinking maybe mini-stroke."
I hope there's a medical retirement coming. A great way for him to avoid answering any charges too. All he has to do is mumble and look incoherent. Win/win.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:55 AM

Honestly, he sounded off at the beginning. Not in his speech, but his energy was messed up. He did not sound like himself. I would normally just assume he was tired, but I wonder if he was sick before that.

Being dehydrated and about to faint does make some sense, though. But so does a TIA. Or just a migraine, really.

As for taking him to the hospital, he could insist they not do that, and not mention any possible numbness if it was a TIA.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:01 AM

We already knew he's not exactly Mr. Stamina. That's part of why Hillary won the debates (whatever good that did). And remember when he rode around in the golf cart as the other leaders walked around some town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
I've seen this going around, but I'm not really convinced that people aren't just imagining what they want to see.

Last edited by Lord Feldon; 12-08-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny daze View Post
do you all remember when mccain began having problems with his public speaking? It culminated with his questions at a hearing, when he was clearly not himself.

Some people may be pointing and laughing. I guarantee that some people are thinking back to that relatively recent example, and looking at all of trump's recent erratic behavior, and wondering if this is another symptom.
it's a tumah!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 02:13 AM

I watched the clip and, as a physician who specializes in brain function and disability, I don’t think a stroke was behind the slurred words. But having evaluated the chief executive’s remarkable behavior through my clinical lens for almost a year, I do believe he is displaying signs that could indicate a degenerative brain disorder.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/12/07/...alist-disease/

We knew that.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Makes me wonder if his Rubio moment made him decide that he will never again have water during a speech, and just sound like drunk instead.
Horseshit. It wasn't "dry mouth." People with dry mouth during a speech don't slur. They cough, clear their throat. Sibilants engage the tongue and teeth; not the throat. If he was having trouble enunciating due to dry throat, I would have expected to hear vocal wavering or cutting off syllables, along with some throat clearing and dry coughing.

ETA: He was having difficulty with fricatives. The first time I heard something off was on the word 'rethink'. It sounded like 'retink' to my ear.

Last edited by Brown Eyed Girl; 12-08-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Charter Member

No way a rich and vain guy like Trump would have anything other then crowns and veneers. Never dentures.

Therefore, it was intentional. Like the sniffing in the presidential debates, it is a distraction. Probably a distraction from a distraction from a distraction.

The more everyone talks about the slurring, the less time they have left to talk, not only of the embassy move, but also of the tax plan and who benefits from it. How much do Trump and his cronies benefit from the new tax plan, anyway? There's the Hilldale carve out, for instance. that would have favoured a college aligned with Betsy DeVos.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogSignal View Post
I'm starting the Toother Movement. I want to see a tooth certificate that proves he has his original teeth.
Seconded! All of thump's dental records must be made public immediately! And no copies either--we need to see certified originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
As for taking him to the hospital, he could insist they not do that, and not mention any possible numbness if it was a TIA.
This, absolutely. Thump would never allow himself to be seen being carted off to a hospital. But take note if immediately after a speech, he is nowhere to be found, but a bin with an unusually large bundle of laundry exits through the loading dock area.

Was it coincidental that announcements of his upcoming physical at Walter Reed came out quickly after this incident? Yeah, just coincidence.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Could somebody explain why, with all of the things that should occupy the president's attention, he's so adamant about fucking with Bears Ears & Grand Staircase national parks?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Could somebody explain why, with all of the things that should occupy the president's attention, he's so adamant about fucking with Bears Ears & Grand Staircase national parks?
Bears Ears was created by Obama and Trump's and the GOP's rich friends want to drill for oil there.

In the Grand Staircase they want to mine for coal.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Just realized I misthreaded this. Should have been in the Clusterfuck thread.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
FFS, stop making a mountain out of a molehill!! Every time my throat gets dry, I suck my teeth, make drunken puffer fish faces and wobble around like a blanc mange in a high wind. Doesn't everyone??
Agreed.

This thing with the president is serious. Let's book him for his annual physical a month from now!