Old 01-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Just a heads-up for Starving Artist -- if and when you get around to placing your "Guess Which Republican Congresscritter Is Retiring Next?" sweepstakes entry, please note that committee resignations such as Trey Gowdy quitting the House Ethics Committee do not count.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
You're a fucking idiot. This nation was built by people escaping shithole countries.

You don't think there are good people in poor, underdeveloped countries? People striving for a better life? You don't think there is vetting?

And now, thanks to Trump, America is the shithole. Filled with shitheads like you.
Do you really think its sustainable to let everyone in? Where did I say that there are not good people in poor countries? The quite obvious goal of my post was to say that better management of immigration is needed. No need to get emotional and insulted over everything. But thanks for making my point.

SAD.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
Do you really think its sustainable to let everyone in?
Who exactly is arguing for letting "everyone in"?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Pretty much just a generalized question, not so much implying anyone is asking for that.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
HahlooksliketheshortersentenceshappenwhenIhittheretrnkeyTheydon'tshowpthatwaywhenI'typingtheotAndits eeslikeI'loosingorekeyboardfnctionastiegoresbyratherthanlesnfortnatelythereisnowhereinthelittlebrgwh ereIlivethatcarriesacintoshkeyboardssoI'gonnahavetogointotowntolocateanewoneaybetoorrowThisiskindoff nthogh
Do you have a brain injury? If not, then please try posting like a normal person.

k, thanks
Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
You people rarely state outright what it is you're going for. You prefer the back door approach. Few libs argue outright for communism, for example, but everything you whinge about - income inequality = evil, capitalism = evil, rich people = evil, etc., etc. - leads inexorably to just that. Same with the issue of immigration. You don't state outright that everyone should be let in, it's just that any attempt to keep anyone out is horrible and 'racist'. Ergo the logical (and correct) inference is that you want everybody let in. Therefore it's logical to infer that you believe everyone should be let in.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

This "'logical' inference" must be based on the "pretty flowers that smell BAD" variety of "logic".
Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Do you have a brain injury? If not, then please try posting like a normal person.

k, thanks
Nope, only spilled water hosing up my keyboard.

Since adopting Tom Brady's diet and hydration model a few months ago I have a water bottle nearby pretty much all the time, and a couple nights ago I tipped one over and some of the water splashed on my keyboard, rendering the space bar and some of the letters unusable. But, given that this is alleged to be the smartest message board on the whole planet I figured that people would surely be able to suss out what I was saying sans spaces and key characters. (I also explained what happened and why I was posting the way, but you obviously missed it. At any rate, most of them who wanted to take the time were able to figure out what I was saying. However I have a spanking new keyboard now (is it okay to say 'spanking' these days? It's so hard to keep up) and am back in the saddle again. Or I am for at least the next half hour or so until I'll have to leave for the evening.

Last edited by Starving Artist; 01-13-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Nope, only spilled water hosing up my keyboard.
Didn't have any paper towels handy?
Old 01-13-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suranyi View Post
I didn't think this needed to be explained, but the problem with his statement is that it implied that everyone coming from those countries is worthless. For example, doctors of Haitian descent have taken his remarks to mean that they, personally, are shitholes. (There was an article in today's newspaper quoting some to that effect.)
Really? It never implied that to me, and among the countless media explosions over Trump's words I don't believe I ever read reference to the fact that the real damage comes from the residents of these countries thinking his remarks applied to every single one of them. What it implied to me was that a considerable number of people in shithole countries, because of that very shitholism, develop lots of undesirable attitudes and behaviors, and we don't need to be importing those harmful and dangerous attitudes and behaviors to the U.S.

And who cares if some former residents of shithole countries feel like the term applies to them personally (assuming they really do and are not just playing politics). What they need to do is recognize that their country is indeed a shithole and that the descriptor applies to the way their country has been run and to the conditions within it and not to them personally.

But even if they don't like what he said and it makes them feel bad about themselves, so what? People feel bad about themselves all the time. They aren't as good-looking as they'd like, or as tall, or as wealthy, or as smart. They get rejected by love interests and fired from jobs. The proper reaction is to...wait for it...grow a pair and cope with it! The world isn't perfect, it never will be, and there will never come a time when people's feelings don't get hurt over something. And the more that the snowflake crowd convinces everyone that they're the helpless victims of other people's wrongdoings, the less capable of dealing with life and more miserable they'll be. Once upon a time in this country people just went about their daily business and all this shit never even came up, and everyone was a lot happier. Now half the country's a victim of one thing or another and everyone is encouraged to hate everyone else. And you people think this is progress? It is to laugh!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
You people rarely state outright what it is you're going for. You prefer the back door approach. Few libs argue outright for communism, for example, but everything you whinge about - income inequality = evil, capitalism = evil, rich people = evil, etc., etc. - leads inexorably to just that. Same with the issue of immigration. You don't state outright that everyone should be let in, it's just that any attempt to keep anyone out is horrible and 'racist'. Ergo the logical (and correct) inference is that you want everybody let in. Therefore it's logical to infer that you believe everyone should be let in.
This. Seconded.

Completely agree.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Really? It never implied that to me, and among the countless media explosions over Trump's words I don't believe I ever read reference to the fact that the real damage comes from the residents of these countries thinking his remarks applied to every single one of them. What it implied to me was that a considerable number of people in shithole countries, because of that very shitholism, develop lots of undesirable attitudes and behaviors, and we don't need to be importing those harmful and dangerous attitudes and behaviors to the U.S.

And who cares if some former residents of shithole countries feel like the term applies to them personally (assuming they really do and are not just playing politics). What they need to do is recognize that their country is indeed a shithole and that the descriptor applies to the way their country has been run and to the conditions within it and not to them personally.

But even if they don't like what he said and it makes them feel bad about themselves, so what? People feel bad about themselves all the time. They aren't as good-looking as they'd like, or as tall, or as wealthy, or as smart. They get rejected by love interests and fired from jobs. The proper reaction is to...wait for it...grow a pair and cope with it! The world isn't perfect, it never will be, and there will never come a time when people's feelings don't get hurt over something. And the more that the snowflake crowd convinces everyone that they're the helpless victims of other people's wrongdoings, the less capable of dealing with life and more miserable they'll be. Once upon a time in this country people just went about their daily business and all this shit never even came up, and everyone was a lot happier. Now half the country's a victim of one thing or another and everyone is encouraged to hate everyone else. And you people think this is progress? It is to laugh!
At the rate you're going here, I don't even have to type a thing today, these are my exact thoughts.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
Didn't have any paper towels handy?
Ah, yes, paper towels. The plaintive cry of the intellectually bankrupt with lots to say and no capacity to articulate it.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
At the rate you're going here, I don't even have to type a thing today, these are my exact thoughts.
Thank you.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Seriously. Thinking is so hard.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:46 PM

Remember when Obama made a quip about conservatives "clinging to their guns and bibles," and the right-wing as a whole grew a pair and coped with it? In fact, remember the last time the right-wing ever grew a pair and coped with anything? Me neither.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijin View Post
A lot of americans really do imagine all of africa as essentially desert, with impoverished, uneducated people living in huts. If you showed someone in Africa an iPhone, they'd worship you as a God!
Only all of Africa? A lot of Americans appear to think that the whole rest of the world is a backwards Stalinist shithole. From thinking that going back to a Western European country is the end of your career (I got that reaction but also did the Welshman, German and Frenchwoman who were being shipped back at the same time; note that we'd all been shifted from factories in those countries to the international project we worked in) to the idea that the US is the only country where people can have a gun, etc. etc.

And what surprised me was how often the people who had that reaction were people who'd worked and even lived abroad, sometimes for years. Complete disconnect between their actual experiences and a set of prejudices acquired way back when.

Last edited by Nava; 01-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, what a load of horseshit.

Libs don't have a problem with income inequality, only with unjust income inequality. Yeah, women should make as much as men for doing the same job. No, 1% of the population should not control 90% of the wealth.

Libs don't, by and large, think that capitalism is evil. It can certainly attract people who do evil things, and it lends itself to hurtful policies or practices, though, and those should be guarded against. Same for "rich people".

Few people actually think that everyone should be let in. But everyone of decent character (by the standards of the admitting country) should not be excluded simply because of their country of origin, their religion, or the color of their skin.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Seriously. Thinking is so hard.
Its just convenience.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonCarlisle View Post
Oh, what a load of horseshit.

Libs don't have a problem with income inequality, only with unjust income inequality. Yeah, women should make as much as men for doing the same job. No, 1% of the population should not control 90% of the wealth.

Libs don't, by and large, think that capitalism is evil. It can certainly attract people who do evil things, and it lends itself to hurtful policies or practices, though, and those should be guarded against. Same for "rich people".

Few people actually think that everyone should be let in. But everyone of decent character (by the standards of the admitting country) should not be excluded simply because of their country of origin, their religion, or the color of their skin.
Has nothing to do with race. A shitty country is a shitty country. Why are the libs so obsessed with racial issues and keeping them alive? Whether an eastern european country or haiti, doesn't matter. We must separate the wheat from the chaff. That is it!

Last edited by anomalous1; 01-13-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Has nothing to do with race.
What's your monthly Kool-Aid bill, friend?
Old 01-13-2018, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Has nothing to do with race.
That's your argument against the whole post? Yep, you find thinking hard.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Oh, he'll be called the liar, while the Trumpty Dumpties all yell "FAKE NEWS".
Lindsey Graham was there when it happened, and called Trump out to his face. Senator Tim Scott, the only black Republican Senator, said that Graham had told him about it personally.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This. Seconded.

Completely agree.
Quote:
Thank you.
Fools seldom differ.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 01-13-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:

In politics perception is reality. The perception of immigrants from Haiti, even successful ones like Republican congresswoman Mia Love, is that the president called them shitholes. Her remarks make this perfectly clear.

Last edited by suranyi; 01-13-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
Not all of Africa is a shithole, but there's certainly quite a few very poor countries most Europeans wouldn't be spending their holidays anywhere near on the continent. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to say.
FFS "Africa is a shithole" is not a reasonable statement.

Let's just cover this from the poverty angle for now.
I travel to developing countries a lot, and every country I've personally been to has had a gleaming CBD, luxury gated communities, fancy shopping malls with prada et al, new SUVs and sports cars etc. People much wealthier than I am, and I'm a comfortably middle class westerner.

Now the proportion of such people is much lower in a developing country, and if we were to even just call them "poor countries", or Africa a "poor continent" I'd be down with that, on the understanding we're generalizing.
But just labelling the whole place a shithole is a deeply ignorant statement, and then suggesting they should let in more people from Norway...If you only want wealthy and or higher-educated immigrants then why not just say that (and in which case you'd still get plenty of applications from Africans)?
Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 PM

Oh look. Sharting Fartist has a fanboy. That's adorable.

You guys obviously can't think or read. You're looking for the "I Want To Lick Trump's Crusty Bunghole" thread.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
FFS "Africa is a shithole" is not a reasonable statement.

Let's just cover this from the poverty angle for now.
I travel to developing countries a lot, and every country I've personally been to has had a gleaming CBD, luxury gated communities, fancy shopping malls with prada et al, new SUVs and sports cars etc. People much wealthier than I am, and I'm a comfortably middle class westerner.

Now the proportion of such people is much lower in a developing country, and if we were to even just call them "poor countries", or Africa a "poor continent" I'd be down with that, on the understanding we're generalizing.
But just labelling the whole place a shithole is a deeply ignorant statement, and then suggesting they should let in more people from Norway...If you only want wealthy and or higher-educated immigrants then why not just say that (and in which case you'd still get plenty of applications from Africans)?
Exactly.

But I don't think any of DJT's remarks were really in reference to the relative wealth or education of whatever countries he was referring to.

The whole "shithole" remark was yet another screeching deafening dog whistle. And we know this because he added, "why can't we get more people from Norway?" which is simply saying "why can't we get more white people?" It's that simple.
And anyone that feels the need to defend the stable genius president for saying this is either too stupid or ignorant to understand this or is a racist as well.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Has nothing to do with race. A shitty country is a shitty country. Why are the libs so obsessed with racial issues and keeping them alive? Whether an eastern european country or haiti, doesn't matter. We must separate the wheat from the chaff. That is it!
WHOA! And who let you in?
Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 PM

Why you Libs gotta make all the racist shit Republicans say all about race, huh??
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

2017 Racist: "My family came over here with NOTHING, and we helped make America great!"

2018 Racist: "Why should we let people with nothing come to America? They can't help make it great!"
Old 01-13-2018, 11:23 PM
SDSAB

The "shithole countries" remark is not exactly a bolt from the blue from this guy: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politi...ets/index.html
Old 01-13-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Why you Libs gotta make all the racist shit Republicans say all about race, huh??
Normal American: "Ah, good morning, everyone! What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, birds are singing! It's a great day!"

Liberal American: "Fuck you, asshole! That sun you're so fond of evaporates all our precious water and you couldn't care less! It causes skin cancer too, but you don't care about that because you're rich and you can afford sunscreen! But what about all those who can't afford a luxury like that? Huh? Huh? What about them, huh? You don't give a shit, do you? And you better enjoy those birds while you can, fucker, because they're being choked, poisoned and killed by the waste from all those corporations whose dick you're always sucking. And of course you'd love the daytime, it's not dark like black people and we all know how you feel about dark people! So fuck off and die, you fucking racist shithead!"

So glad I'm not a liberal. Life is better looking at the bright side.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Liberal American: "Fuck you, asshole! That sun you're so fond of evaporates all our precious water and you couldn't care less! It causes skin cancer too, but you don't care about that because you're rich and you can afford sunscreen! But what about all those who can't afford a luxury like that? Huh? Huh? What about them, huh? You don't give a shit, do you? And you better enjoy those birds while you can, fucker, because they're being choked, poisoned and killed by the waste from all those corporations whose dick you're always sucking. And of course you'd love the daytime, it's not dark like black people and we all know how you feel about dark people! So fuck off and die, you fucking racist shithead!"
It's only January 13th, and we already have a strong leader for "Ridiculous Strawman of the Year."
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate
Oh look. Sharting Fartist has a fanboy. That's adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelma Lou
WHOA! And who let you in?
You see what's up here, anomalous? They're trying to mock and intimidate you in the hope that you'll clam up and not lend support to views they don't like. They've tried that with every other conservative poster on this board, and those of us who are still here are still here because we recognize that all they have is words and if they can't run us off with words they're powerless.

So hang in there, speak your mind, and let the chips fall where they may. There really isn't anything they can do about it as long as you stay within the rules, and their attempts at trying to make you feel unwelcome through in-crowd exclusionism are nothing but an attempt to stifle dissent, and it frustrates the hell out of them when it doesn't work.

So again, hang in there. This board badly needs voices of dissent.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Normal American: "Ah, good morning, everyone! What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, birds are singing! It's a great day!"

So glad I'm not a liberal. Life is better looking at the bright side.
Did you take a self-defense class from Clothahump? Because you're just as brain-damaged as that fuckwit.

I don't swear nearly that much.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
I don't swear nearly that much.
No worries, it wasn't your voice I was quoting but that of lefties in the main. And trust me, it ain't much of a stretch.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumtrimpet View Post
The whole "shithole" remark was yet another screeching deafening dog whistle. And we know this because he added, "why can't we get more people from Norway?" which is simply saying "why can't we get more white people?" It's that simple.
No, it's really not. Perhaps he had Norway come to mind in pretty much the same way it does mine, which is to say as a clean and orderly country largely free of crime and internal strife whose citizens seem happy and healthy in body and mind.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
You see what's up here, anomalous? They're trying to mock and intimidate you in the hope that you'll clam up and not lend support to views they don't like. They've tried that with every other conservative poster on this board, and those of us who are still here are still here because we recognize that all they have is words and if they can't run us off with words they're powerless.

So hang in there, speak your mind, and let the chips fall where they may. There really isn't anything they can do about it as long as you stay within the rules, and their attempts at trying to make you feel unwelcome through in-crowd exclusionism are nothing but an attempt to stifle dissent, and it frustrates the hell out of them when it doesn't work.

So again, hang in there. This board badly needs voices of dissent.
Kinda tired, so i'll rant a little here.

I definitely will. Wasn't clamming up, I was actually working on something so I couldn't respond earlier. I see it all the time on this board, it has no effect. It is actually quite funny to be called a 'fanboy' when coming from those who likely voted repeatedly for Obama and ate up all of that shit. I am not going anywhere. Conservative, here to stay.

It speaks volumes about their character, the types that absolutely love the First Amendment and love and support protests and vocal opposition, unless its something they disagree with. It's called being a sore loser. blah blah electoral college, same crap spewed out about Bush Jr... go ahead and dilute yourselves and be in denial. America was and is tired of the P.C. crowd and their Ministry Of Feelings and Speech. I've met so many of these 'free-range' hipster types and they are all cowards who were picked on in High School and need to be part of something important and cabalistic to redeem their lost self-esteem, sad thing is, they never do and stay this way until they reach a geriatric state where they don't give a shit anymore.
It's pretty pathetic. What's more pathetic is they could care less about being vigilante and defensive over their country, and care more about outsiders/foreigners/immigrants than their own (OF MANY RACES), and openly dispute and ridicule their own fucking President for taking steps in doing so. The battle cry seems to always be calling someone "RACIST!" because they don't share the same opinion on how to progress in our country, not realizing their obsessive fascination with race and race relations are the exact thing keeping racism alive, because they know if race issues cease to be an issue, they won't have a party leg to stand on.
To the points and posters I was replying to earlier; I know you all don't like facts but calling Haiti and others a 'shithole' is on par with FACT. You can check the CIA World FACTbook for cites (CIA.GOV), check the crime in that country and other pertinent data, then compare it to many other countries... whaddya get? SHITHOLE!

Oops, that hurts feelings, too bad. Welcome to the real world.

Find solutions, not emotions.

These are my opinions, it is my right to say them as much as it is yours.

Last edited by anomalous1; 01-14-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
No, it's really not. Perhaps he had Norway come to mind in pretty much the same way it does mine, which is to say as a clean and orderly country largely free of crime and internal strife whose citizens seem happy and healthy in body and mind.
So why would they want to move here?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:20 AM

Quote:
That was what I thought he meant too. Basically "People from civilised, first-world countries and maybe some of the better second-world ones as well". Nothing to do with race, although it's an obvious inference given that most of the third-world shitholes are in Africa and Asia. I mean, I doubt Mr Trump would have issues with someone from Japan or Singapore wanting to move to the US.

I really don't know why people have so much trouble with the idea of saying "Look, if you want to move here we'd prefer you be more or less in on the same page - or at least the same section of the library - culturally".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
So why would they want to move here?
Job opportunities, a change of scenery, new experiences, family reasons, that sort of thing - the same reason anyone from any first world country wants to move anywhere else?

Last edited by Martini Enfield; 01-14-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Fanboy (apparently) agreeing here. A lot of those Nordic type countries are very healthy economically and socially, if they are doing so well over there, one stands to reason if they migrated, they would continue doing well. That idea works the opposite way when its a shitbox country, regardless of what color of the resident/migrants skin is.

I don't understand how hard that is to fathom for some. Its as if they are hopeful for some racist conspiracy to exist.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:30 AM

Quote:
That was what I thought he meant too. Basically "People from civilised, first-world countries and maybe some of the better second-world ones as well". Nothing to do with race, although it's an obvious inference given that most of the third-world shitholes are in Africa and Asia. I mean, I doubt Mr Trump would have issues with someone from Japan or Singapore wanting to move to the US.

I really don't know why people have so much trouble with the idea of saying "Look, if you want to move here we'd prefer you be more or less in on the same page - or at least the same section of the library - culturally".

Job opportunities, a change of scenery, new experiences, family reasons, that sort of thing - the same reason anyone from any first world country wants to move anywhere else?
You put that far more eloquently than I could wish to. I don't understand why it is a racial issue. It seems like sound thinking. Why bring those who will be a drag on the economy for the most part, when you can bring in those who can contribute much more? The choice is obvious and benefits your country.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 AM
Charter Member

Jesus fucking Christ, those Nordic countries y'all want to have a love fest are Socialist. And you know communism follows socialism in the same way the sun rises in the East.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, why do people take such issue with him describing countries or continents as shitholes? When what he clearly meant was [some other nuanced point that would not have caused offense]?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
And come to a country full of crime and internal strife, with terrible rates of obesity and life expectancy.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Guy View Post
Jesus fucking Christ, those Nordic countries y'all want to have a love fest are Socialist. And you know communism follows socialism in the same way the sun rises in the East.
So what? Socialism is their game, so be it, they would be coming here. Nordic countries are an example. Replace it with South Korea, Japan, or parts of China. I have to stay those countries because according this some members here, if I say a certain white country is better off than a non-white country, even if by all means true, it'll be regarded as racist, so just use your imagination.
The point still remains, those countries would probably have migrants that would contribute more than others.

One would prefer someone to be an immigrant from Japan over Colombia, or India over Jamaica. Canada over Moldova, etc...
Old 01-14-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
And come to a country full of crime and internal strife, with terrible rates of obesity and life expectancy.
China that much better? Really?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Perhaps he had Norway come to mind in pretty much the same way it does mine, which is to say as a clean and orderly country largely free of crime and internal strife whose citizens seem happy and healthy in body and mind.
It's not clear that either of you actually have minds, but yes, they are. In fact they're happier and healthier than Americans overall by a good margin, and don't forget economically strong, too. The thing that always amuses me when wingnuts like you and Trump praise Scandinavian countries -- as I alluded to in this post -- is that they are probably the prime examples in the world of highly successful social democracies; they are liberalism writ large, a testament to the welfare state.

So I just have to laugh when lunatics like you praise these countries while simultaneously declaring "So glad I'm not a liberal. Life is better looking at the bright side". Your characterization of liberalism there is insane. That's not what liberalism is. Liberalism is Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and to a large extent the UK, Canada, Australia, and indeed much of the industrialized world. Liberalism is universal health care and a strong social fabric and support system. Liberalism is everything that Republicans and insane fuckwads like you want to destroy.

You're not even conservative. Conservatives historically are mature traditionalists who resist radical change. You and your kind are just bat-shit crazy radicals so far removed from reality that you'd consider Eisenhower or even Nixon conservatism to be practically Marxism. You're not just science deniers, you're reality deniers. Cite: the present occupant of the White House, and most of his like-minded counterparts in Congress. You praise Scandinavian countries despite the fact that their fundamental values are diametrically opposed to absolutely everything you claim to believe. But they're white. One would have to conclude that you're either racist or bat-shit crazy, but I see no reason it can't be both, and they do go hand in hand.

Last edited by wolfpup; 01-14-2018 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
China that much better? Really?
As far as obesity it's not even a contest. Ditto for gun violence.