Old 05-25-2019, 06:50 AM

I hate days like today, when I sit an look at my to do list and don't know where to start, so nothing is getting done.

I made a ham with broccoli and fart blossoms for dinner last night, so I won't have to do any cooking today.

My son wants to work on leveling the patio, and he hasn't got a clue what he is doing. He wants to do it in sections, which may work, but I think he should dig up everything, put down sand, level it, and then put the bricks back.
He needs to watch some videos.
All I care is that I can put a chair on it and sit down without worrying about tipping over.

We put the rose of sharon in the middle of the patio since it will get up to 12 feet tall. That is too tall for next to the porch. So the butterfly bush is next to the porch. it is supposed to get 4 feet tall, I think. Small butterfly bush, the one I planted at my mother's gets a good 10 foot tall, and that is after she cuts it back to the ground each year. I may plant the lavender under the new gas meter. It will grow up around it, but it should still be readable. I think it is one of the new ones the gas man can read while driving down the street.

There is a lot to do out there, and in here, and I need to log into irk sometime today.
And go to the park. Even though Ripple hasn't been his normal self there, he still wants to go. He hardly played at all yesterday, even after his friend, the airedale puppy, showed up.

Too much to do and too many decisions to make.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:32 AM

Morning all. No soccer on the schedule for the first time in several months, so of course I'm going to go out at 10:00am to referee soccer (semi-club game). I tell myself I need the exercise (which of course I do). Already 79F heading for the mid-90's, so I guess if I'm going to be out it's better to do so early.

Some house cleaning is also on the schedule, we'll see if I follow through.

Jack Bats, hope you have a good visit and a safe drive. We'd love to hear the travel report.

Sari, Ripple OK? Or just the warm weather wearing him down? And good that Sah-son is trying to level it out...but first-timers usually learn by experience...bad ones...

Cupcakes, most folks, even if (like I) didn't watch GoT, wil figure it out. And if the cookies are good, they won't care...

All y'all take care now.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:36 AM

Enjoy your trip Jack! What kind of car do you plan on buying?

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, towels and sheets in the wash, puppy crate cleaned and getting ready to do KP. I need to purtify to go get some groceries in a few.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:19 AM

Unsure on what I'll be buying just yet. We'll do some shopping. I'm hoping to get another Mustang, but I had my eye on a Dodge Challenger too.

It all depends on price, availability and what hair I've got across my ass at any given time.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:28 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

JackBats - I don't envy you the drive. I've gone between FL and MD many times - enough that I know way too much about the various exits along I-95. I've also driven from MD to ME - Going through NYC sucked mightily! How long do you plan to take? As you pass thru MD, wave to the east! And be safe!!

Roxy and I got groceries, then went to the flea market to kill time till the thrift store opened. She had a ball walking around! There were several booths that played music, and she had to stop to dance. There was also a man with the biggest German Shepherd I'd ever seen, and Roxy was fascinated. Bear in mind, she lives with 2 pugs, so the was very new to her. The dog was very gentle according to the owner, and Roxy finally got brave enough to touch him. She giggled like crazy!

When the thrift store finally opened, we went there and I got her 4 t-shirts (at 75, I wish they'd had more in her size!) plus a pair of jeans for me - 2 sizes smaller than my current wardrobe. I've decided I'm not going to buy new pants till I fit in that size. I did get them on and zipped without having to lie on the bed, but they are pretty snug - 5 more pounds should do it. Still, I'm pleased - almost 40# so far, all by not eating after dinner and avoiding snacks (most of the time.) Go me!

Anyway, after walking thru the flea market, the thrift store, and the Amish market (can't believe they didn't have any strawberries there!!) I was sure she'd crash. HAH! It took 2 bottles, lunch, swinging in the back yard, and walking around the yard, and finally rocking her to sleep. She should be exhausted - I hope she'll sleep at least 2 hours.

Daughter and SIL are starting to build their room in the basement - lots of hammering noises. Luckily, RoxStar is crashed pretty hard.

I ran the vacuum, and I need to do laundry, but I think that'll be tomorrow's chore. Even tho I slept well last night, I'm still kinda draggy today. Too bad I don't nap.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:32 PM

Home from half day of irk. As expected it was crazy busy. But I have off until Tuesday so there’s that. Our daughter ( my step) brought us a huge basket of strawberries from NC. I froze most of them.

I stopped at the little market on my way home and picked up munchie stuff. I don’t feel like cooking today so grazing it shall be. Shall probably nap too. There is not really any dirty laundry or house work that needs doing for once. More sloth shall ensue.

Pretty dramatic video Flytrap. It is hot as blazes here too.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Refereeing is complete, the game was close and I did good work, so I feel ready to go to Spartansburg in a couple of weeks. Picked up another game next Saturday.

92F now, think I'll just stay inside with the nice AC on...

FCM, if some genius ever found away to harness 2-year olds excess energy, we'd solve global warming and billions of parents/guardians' nerves would be saved...
Old 05-25-2019, 02:33 PM

Haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped.
One load of laundry on the line, should be ready to bring in soon. The whites are soaking in the washer.
Went to the dog park, stopped at Home Depot on the way home, The bathroom has been cleaned, kitchen, and my bedroom have been cleaned except for the vacuuming.
All the windows are open, except for the ones in my son's room, there's a good breeze today.

It may be the heat MetalMouse. Ripple had a pretty good time today. His friend Urban, the airedale puppy, showed up and they had a good wrestle. He had a good game of tag with a greyhound, which is weird because Ripple is pretty slow.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:45 PM

Weather is about as good as it can be for being bad. Extra time in the schedule meant i just drove an hour to get a photo. Got it (& a fuller belly) & now going to do the hour back to maybe watch... nothing.

Rat, just remembered that i did take a bath earlier this year because i did the town name; thr same town that im in at the moment.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:30 PM

May has been a really good month for me.

On May 4th my daughter and her longtime fiance were wed.

Today my grandson graduated high school.

It's been great.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:40 PM

metal mouse, two year olds and small dogs.

Congrats Professor!

I stopped at a yard sale today. An elementary school teacher was changing careers and moving to Florida, so there were a lot of books. I bought ~250 easy reader chapter books (lots of duplicates) for $5. I'm in the process of sorting them and making piles for the heathen children, friends' children and the homeless shelters' libraries. They're all in good shape, so it was a good deal.

I also stopped at the salvage grocery. I go there about once a month to see if they have anything that I don't mind being salvage for sale. While I wouldn't buy meat or produce there unless I was really hungry, I often find toiletries and such at a much discounted price. It is also somewhere to gawk at the nutritional nightmares of processed food out there.

Groceries are bought, towels folded, sheets back on the bed and supper et (I had a hankering for poke steak, so's I bought a nice one, fixed it , a skillet of cabbage from the half head in the fridge and the leftover cuke salad). Back to sorting.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:00 PM

neighbors were having a wedding fiesta (i think)and i smelled outdoor cooking and asked what they were cooking .... and they handed me a plate of Carne Asada the sides sos im happy

haven't had real Carne Asada in ages ...... was spiced perfectly ..... other than that twas long and dull day really
Old 05-25-2019, 08:31 PM
born to be shunned

Met a non-Mumper; much fun! I won't say more than that but even if I decide to go in tomorrow (they are expecting a lot of no-shows) it will have been a terrific holiday.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home, napped. Made Indian tacos for dinner. Off tomorrow, so I can wathc all the races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
I didn't want to start a whole thread for this because I don't know how much I'd keep up with it, if it took off at all, but I am off on a journey.

Short version: my car got totalled a couple of months ago and its been a tough slog, mentally, emotionally ... not just because of the car, it was just a trigger. But I'm doing my best to get my shit together and today I'm flying down to Florida to visit my parents. I haven't been down to Florida to see them in almost a decade - they always come up here to Maine. While I'm there I will be buying a new (used) car and driving it back up the coast at the end of the week.

If I can manage to journalize any portion of my travels I will include it here - or next week's MMP. Unless something really interesting happens then I'll just write a book or something.
Enjoy! Welcome! And let us know what you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
May has been a really good month for me.

On May 4th my daughter and her longtime fiance were wed.

Today my grandson graduated high school.

It's been great.
Congrats!
Old 05-25-2019, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Well, I baked some sugar cookies for after church tomorrow, like I said I would. Houses Baratheon, Lannister, Stark, Tyrell, Greyjoy, and Targaryen, would be proud I hope. I also did some snowflakes. Tomorrow early I will bake the sausage/cheese balls, and I need to think of a Westeros kind of name to call them. Anyone have any suggestions?

It is raining again here, along with more thunder and lightning. Some places to the north and west are in serious danger of flooding.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:46 PM

Prof, good month indeed! May it continue into June.

Red, that is a good thing you are doing with the books.

Shady, nice neighbors.

Sari, glad Ripple has his groove back...(yeah, I'm old)

Nappage turned into sleepage, didn't get up until 7:30pm, so I'm trying to stay up late now so I don't get up at a too-early hour come Sunday.

All y'all take care now.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 PM
Charter Member

Last week my nephew graduated from high school. One of the speakers was, of course, the valedictorian, the student who was first in the class academic rankings.

My sister, the mother of my nephew, tells me that a statement he made right at the end of his speech has displeased the powers that be, although since he already has his diploma and a bucketload of scholarships lined up I do not think there is anything they can do to him

The thing he said I heard myself, as I was there for my nephew. It was If you want to know the best thing to guide your future check out the sign at 12th and Orleans. That happens to be the address of his church, which also happens to be the infamous Westboro Baptist Church. I had felt kind of sorry for this young man, up until then. His family was ourside picketing. He walked with his shoulcers kind of slumped, and looked sad, never smiling. But when he put in a plug for his hate filled church I decided he must be a sincere part of the WBC, and he had made his own bed to lay in.

But I do hope those scholarships help him get away from the influence of his family, and maybe he will change.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
But I do hope those scholarships help him get away from the influence of his family, and maybe he will change.

One way or another, he is in for one hell of a wakeup call in September. I hope whatever college he is going to has ServPro on speed dial to clean up when his head explodes.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:32 AM

So, to sum up my week, Ive spent more time at work than my boss. My heart is ok. My dad is moving in with me and my husband and my mother who he is divorced from. And, just for fun its currently about 3:30 a.m. and were at the ER because he either has severe bronchitis or pneumonia.

Oh, forgot, hes supposed to be out of where he lives by June 1. 😬
Old 05-26-2019, 04:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

For no reason, I just woke up. Guess I'm done sleeping. Oh well.

Roxy is spending the day with her other grandmother. I have laundry to do and I'm supposed to supervise the construction in the basement so FCD can finish his work in the shop. So fun day ahead. Plus it might rain.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 05-26-2019, 05:46 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 72 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 98 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. We shall deheathenate (I am a non-cannibal kind of Lector), then back to da cave. Any need to feed will be via forage and there may or may not be quality cee-mint pond time this afternoon.

Yestiddy was fun. We ate. We drank. We lolled about the cee-mint pond. We ate around threeish and everyone was gone by four or a little after. After that, we bingewatched some Netflix stuff and enjoyed bein' inside in the cool of the a/c. 'Twas excessively HAWT out as it will be today.

Jack we look forward to hearin' of your adventures drivin' back up the Atlantic Coast or whatever route you take. I vote for the 'Stang.

Prof yay for a good month, the weddin' and the grajooayshun!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 05-26-2019, 07:17 AM

Happy Sunday!

It's a nice N.O.S. 68 degrees outside, supposed to warm up to 88.
So why am I inside when I should be outside getting stuff done while it is cool?
Because I have to irk.

It's going to be an annoying day today, the neighbor is having a party. He was out there before 7, already drinking a beer and staggering. I heard him tell somebody that is mother is coming, so there will surely be a fight in there somewhere. She's beat the crap out of him before, he says he will never talk to her again, but he does.
So there will be lots of noise.
Both of his parents live out in the middle of nowhere, you'd think that would be a better place to throw a party.
I suppose I should view it as free entertainment.
If I liked that kind of entertainment.

We'll close the windows and turn on the AC since it's supposed to be close to 90.
That will help deaden some of the noise.

Getting some laundry done this morning. The whites should be finished soon and they can go into the dryer, because I am not hanging out a bunch of wash cloths and dish towels. Then I have a load of black towels and washcloths to do, and two loads of my clothes, which may or may not get done today.

Antlers was sleeping in my chair this morning. I didn't see him when I let Ripple out, and obviously Adam didn't know he was there either.
Anyway, Antlers jumped up hissing and spitting when Adam walked past him, Adam jumped up into the air, Ripple was so confused he just stood there, so Antlers got a good start across the neighbor's patio before Ripple went after him.
It the dumbass wouldn't run, Ripple wouldn't chase him.
I am going to assume Antlers is a he, since we have not had any kittens around.

Congrats on the weight loss Moooom.

MetalMouse - I am not far behind you. I was talking with two women the other day and I mentioned something I had done 30+ years ago, and it hit me that neither of them had been alive 30 years ago.

It looks like it rained last night, and the neighbor mowed my front postage stamp when he did his. Nice of him, but I know it is in exchange for the noise and that some of his guests will be parking out back.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Charter Member

Sah, you need a camera, to post it on YouTube for our entertainment. It sounds as good as watching sovreign citizen videos.

Last edited by Baker; 05-26-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:50 AM

I have a day of nothing planned. Went to a wedding celebration last night. The couple married in November after being together for 20 years so last night was their reception. They own the barn where I keep Ariel, so the celebration was outside under tents at the barn. Got there at 5, came home at 11. Open self serve bar, catered by 5 restaurants, a band, a DJ, fireworks, carriage rides, a bouncy castle, tractor hay rides, dancing. All 100 boarders were invited, along with the couple’s family and friends. There were about 200 people. The evening capped off with fireworks. A splendid time was had, thus today’s sloth. Plus rain is predicted.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:20 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
MetalMouse - I am not far behind you. I was talking with two women the other day and I mentioned something I had done 30+ years ago, and it hit me that neither of them had been alive 30 years ago.
I've done the same thing several times. I was talking to a coworker about the Air Florida plane that crashed into the 14th Street Bridge - he'd never heard of it - nope - hadn't been borned yet. And, of course, there's Baby Engineer, who is adorably ignorant of so many things!!

We've been to breakfast, then I stopped at Aldi for a chuck roast and other ingredients for a pot roast - that'll be tonight's supper. The critter fountain has been scrubbed and my first load of laundry is in the machine. I think I'll have 4 loads today.

Roxy's grandmother doesn't want her till noon, so she's napping for now. Daughter and SIL will continue working on their basement living room - I'm supposed to supervise. Then when FCD is ready to reassemble his saw/shaper/work bench unit, he'll be calling me to the shop. As sari said, it'll be a hot one - I plan to spend much of the day in the a/c. Tomorrow morning, I'll mow. Unless it rains overnight. We shall see...
Old 05-26-2019, 09:59 AM

Cupcakes - That is an idea, I usually stay inside with the windows closed.

Something is wrong with my washer, it may be the lid isn't hitting the switch when I close it. I was wondering why it was taking so long for the load to finish and then I saw that it hadn't even started.

Always something breaking around here.

Sounds like a cool party WetOne

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 05-26-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:03 AM

{{{sticky}}} I don't envy you a bit.

Jack, here's another vote for a Mustang. I miss mine.

It will be a semi lazy day today. I'm going to head to Mt. Juliet in a bit to by a printer that doesn't take an engineering degree to operate. Then I'll take pics of the Epson and list it on CL. There are kidney beans in the little crock for the tamale casserole tonight.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:17 AM

Morning all. Been hot and dry all week, so I'm in the middle of watering my lawn, it takes several placements of the sprinklers to cover it (around the corners) and don't do both front and back at the same time due to water pressure. So front is done and back is underway. Mowage will be this evening or tomorrow morning.

Check my Sunday dining list and Red Robin is next, so I'll be heading there once both the lawwn and I are presentable.

sticky buns, sounds like a soap opera, but I'm sure you'll manage it.

Wet one, sounds like a fun party, unlike the one Sari is going to be neighbor to.

FCM, you really haven't got this retirement thing down yet, do you?

Cupcakes, it always amazes me what smart people can believe. ME own brother, a PhD, is a fundamentalist creationist...boggles the mind.

OK, need to go move the sprinkler to the next spot. All y'all have a good Sunday.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MetalMouse - I'm still not completely retired, yanno! And even when I do quit going to the office, I'll be doing the grandmother thing while daughter and SIL work.

Regarding Mustangs, I guess I'm in the minority, because we rented one once and hated it. We both found it uncomfortable, and I seem to recall that I didn't like the way the seatbelts fell across me. Now, I've got a built-in prejudice because I'm not a fan of low-to-the-ground sports cars (except for the Crossfire) but FCD was really disappointed with the car. Just my little way of telling you that you're all wrong!

Old 05-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

Afternoon. It's a day of sloth and watching a whole bunch of auto racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
At the last hockey tailgate, one of the younger folk referred to Eminem as old school rap.

MetalMouse, I think Ripple is all grooves.

Moooommmm!, one of my hockey fans loves his Mustang. But he's alos a Cleveland Browns fan, so he might enjoy it for the suffering factor.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The house is smelling yummy - I've got a chuck roast simmering in beef stock with onions, celery, and seasonings, plus a couple of glugs of burgundy. About an hour before we eat, I'll toss in the carrots and N.O.T. chunks. Doncha wish you were having dinner with us?

Roxy has been delivered to SIL's mom. I've got 3 loads of laundry out on the lines and a load of unders in the dryer, because there wasn't nearly enough space or clothes pins left to hang out all our whites. Socks alone would deplete my pin supply! So once the timer goes off, I'll fold the assorted unders.

Somewhere along the line, FCD will want my help, but he hasn't asked yet. I have no idea what he's doing out there. And I hear lots of loud noises from the basement, pretty much all involving the movement of stuff from the old storage closet to the new storage area. Then daughter is going to paint and SIL will start putting up the OSB walls (which will be hidden by shelves, so they're not going to paint them.) As soon as they empty the stuff that we stored in the bathtub/shower, FCD and I will fix up the bathroom so they can use it, or so SIL's brother can use it when he stays over. I expect it'll become the home for Roxy's tub and toys.

And before too long, I'll have my studio back. Huzzah!!
Old 05-26-2019, 01:58 PM

Went to Red Robin as planned and stuffed myself fully; unusual for me, I had a 32oz. Coors Light, which is more beer than I have drunk in the past 3 months combined, so I may be a little light-headed. The 93F temperature dried me out quickly...

Home in the AC and that is where I'll probably remain.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Deheathenization, N.O.L., and nappage have occurred. Since it's so HAWT out neither of us has been inclined to go to the cee-mint pond. We both got a little over heated yestiddy so probably best to stay in the a/c today. Ima make a peach cobbler in a little while just cause.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:38 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

All the veggies are in the pot roast pot. We should be able to eat in about half an hour, which is good because none of us had lunch.

It smells soooooooooo good in here!

Laundry is all off the lines, folded or hangered, and stowed. It's starting to cloud over a bit - chance of rain overnight. All in all, it's been a good day.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:58 PM

Went to the barn where more than a few people were nursing hangovers. Stopped for a chopped salad cuz I don’t feel like cooking. Came home, found the French Open on teevee, and fell asleep for 2.5 hours. Now it’s sunny and I may dust my filthy house.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM

it's supposed to be sunny and hot here.... it was cold and rainy ...... now it's clear but still cold for this time of year ......

we ended up having 3 parties here .... street was so clogged with parking that when the EMTs had to come to give someone an epi-pen shot because they ate something they were allergic to they parked at the corner and wheeled the gurney down the street ...

aunt went to Walmart to shop for tomorrows bbq their meat section leaves much to be desired in selection and price ..... she forgot half the stuff she usually gets and didn't buy anything i particularly cared for sos ill probably pass of the food less I get really hungry.......

Last edited by nightshadea; 05-26-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:09 PM

Yes I do FCM
Today is the third day in a row for ham with broccoli and fart blossoms.
Which isn't so bad because I like ham and broccoli and fart blossoms, but a little variety is nice.

Doggio I had considered Groovy as a name, maybe the next one. If Ripple had been a girl, she might have been named Ruffles, because Rrrrrruffles have Rrrrrridges.

I have to go down to the armpit again next weekend. My mother had to bring her safe deposit box home from the bank, and while going through it she found a bunch of stuff for Sah-son and me. Some savings bonds that are very old, and some other stuff but she didn't say what.

It looked like it was going to storm several times today, I was hoping it would drive the party next door inside. Now the sun is shining, the party is underway, and Ripple keeps running to the window to bark at them.
It was nice at the park today as long as you were in the shade. There wasn't too much playing, but they all seemed happy to just hang out together.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The pot roast was one of my best ever! I just finished the dishes - full dishwasher load plus 2 pots and some knives on the separate drainer. Roxy is being retrieved. I'm about to assume the afghan position.

We had a shower that was so brief, I wasn't even aware of it. 55% chance of one tonight - we shall see. Chillage shall ensue.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:17 PM

Moooooom, if my Mustang is still in existance, it would now be 50 years old. Still, it was the coolest car that I've ever owned.

I bought an upgraded version of my last Canon printer on sale for $44. I also ordered the next set of ink from da Jungle at $24. I will do the install this evening. I need to take photos of the Epson to put on CL and FB Marketplace. I will start by asking $125, but I will bargain.

I took Nelson to the dog park this afternoon. Our neighbors were there and Snoop, the mastiff, was playing with a bowling ball. I also found out that the son is our new maintenance guy.

It's too hot to cook. The turkey thighs and kidney beans are prepped to make the tamale casserole tomorrow. I don't plan on leaving the house.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:04 PM

Evening all. The beer was not a good idea, ending up taking a long nap and didn't get the ambition to mow the lawn. Ah well, I'll get it tomorrow, there won't be clippings picked up on Memorial Day.

Need to get a little bit to eat then see what is about. Catch you all come the next MMP.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 PM

Well ... it's not a Mustang. And it's not a Challenger either. Just wasn't in the cards.

My dad had test driven a Challenger and I was pretty psyched for it, but by the time I got here it had already been sold. Couldn't find another one within my price range. The only Mustang we could find that would fit the bill was a private sale, and considering I need to insure and register in Maine, it was just easier to buy from a dealer. The other thing is, my parents are helping me out with this purchase and ever since they offered I've felt like a total douche considering a big muscle car, as much as they were willing to go along with it too.

So -- long story short, I bought a 2015 Dodge Dart GT sedan. Just a little four banger, but it's got a sport package and drives a bit like a sports car - really tight steering, stiff suspension. It's also got all the bells and whistles you'd want - touch screen, GPS, Sirius, all that shit. And the thing is spotless. The engine looks like it was put in yesterday. It was a much better deal than we could have gotten away with going for a pony car.

I'm not bummed at all. I loved my Mustang but that just isn't reality any more. This car will serve me well in the snow of Maine and my soul is little salved knowing I curtailed my more selfish desires.

It's a nice car and I'm really pleased with it so far. It should be a pretty easy trip north ... I'm hoping.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:12 AM

well took uber to the Hispanic store and the store was so picked over and they did have a decent pack of boneless ribs but aunt didn't wanna pay 8.69 for em and their deli macaroni salad was ridiculous so I'm back to plan A for tomorrow .... started pouring as we left but went to subway next door and wow did they cut their menu down a bit.... but had steak and cheese and it was good

Last edited by nightshadea; 05-27-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:05 AM

new mmp https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=876188