Old 11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Okay then, Trump has pissed me off today by never denouncing a white Christian mass murderer as strongly as he denounces black or Muslim murderers. His excusers piss me off by not denouncing that.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Okay then, Trump has pissed me off today by never denouncing a white Christian mass murderer as strongly as he denounces black or Muslim murderers. His excusers piss me off by not denouncing that.
The list of white Christian mass murderers includes many fine people.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:26 PM

(golf claps)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:48 AM
SDSAB

Not entirely convinced by this, given all of the President's problems, but it makes an interesting case that he's a lock for renomination by the GOP: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...20-nomination/
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

Since it's in this thread, that means it pisses you off, right?
Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Not entirely convinced by this, given all of the President's problems, but it makes an interesting case that he's a lock for renomination by the GOP: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/...20-nomination/
I am totally not worried about this. Not gonna happen. First of all, he's 71 now.
Second of all, I don't think he has much chance of serving his term.
If by some means he does finish four years, there is no way anyone would vote for him.
The Republicans won't run him. His popularity is what, 38%?
Even the dumbasses who voted for him aren't going to want 4 more years of fucking up.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
I am totally not worried about this. Not gonna happen. First of all, he's 71 now.
If by some means he does finish four years, there is no way anyone would vote for him.
Even the dumbasses who voted for him aren't going to want 4 more years of fucking up.
I hope you're right. Yesterday I was despondent because I was convinced he would surely be re-elected in 2020.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
Depends on the turnout. Remember, Trump was elected with just 26% of eligible voters voting for him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 09:19 PM

Apparently, he's having the DOJ screw with the AT&T/TimeWarner merger because he doesn't like CNN. I really don't care if the merger goes through, but this is tinpot dictator bullshit that shouldn't be happening in America.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Apparently, he's having the DOJ screw with the AT&T/TimeWarner merger because he doesn't like CNN. I really don't care if the merger goes through, but this is tinpot dictator bullshit that shouldn't be happening in America.
Now, now. It's okay when Republicans do it.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 PM

Unfortunately, this article still makes me worry that Trump could win in 2020. Talk about deplorable!

Quote:
When I asked Del Signore about the past year here, he said he “didn’t see any change because we got a new president.” He nonetheless remains an ardent proponent. “He’s our answer.”

I asked Schilling what would happen if the next three years go the way the past one has.

“I’m not going to blame him,” Schilling said. “Absolutely not.”

Is there anything that could change her mind about Trump?

“Nope,” she said.
Quote:
“They always say they want to bring the steel mills back,” Frear said, “but they’re going to have to do a lot of work to bring the steel mills back.”

He hasn’t built the wall yet, either. “I don’t care about his wall,” said Frear, 76. “I mean, if he gets his wall—I don’t give a shit, you know? But he has a good idea: Keep ’em out.”

He also hasn’t repealed Obamacare. “That’s Congress,” she said.

And the drug scourge here continues unabated. “And it’s not going to improve for a long time,” she said, “until people learn, which they won’t.”

“But I like him,” Frear reiterated. “Because he does what he says.”

Last edited by psychobunny; 11-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:21 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tomfool Idiot Quoted In psychobunny's Link
“And it’s not going to improve for a long time,” she said, “until people learn, which they won’t.”

That loon is not very self-aware, is she?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:37 AM

Trump pisses me off every single day because he hasn't been removed from office yet. After he is, he will still piss me off, but gradually, I hope, the feeling will become fainter.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:23 AM
SDSAB

An alternative history of the past year: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a5a1e21a5ba3
Old 11-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Trump lavishly praises Chinese premier, does not receive fulsome praise in return. WORST praise exchange in the history of the world. Trump might as well have bowed to him.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
An alternative history of the past year: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a5a1e21a5ba3
Thanks; very enjoyable read.

Comments are a trifle bizarre; lots of “Lock her up!” type input from the trumpolines.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 11-09-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
Unfortunately, this article still makes me worry that Trump could win in 2020. Talk about deplorable!
The difference between 2016 and 2020 isn't going to be in the people who voted for Trump. To avoid cognitive dissonance the Trumpers are going to keep being Trumpers. The difference is going to be the sidelined Democrats who got complacent with the idea that Trump couldn't possibly win, and that even if he did it wasn't as if Hillary was any better, and so maybe I'll just stay home or vote for Jill Stine as a protest to give the Dem's a kick.

This time around everyone is going to know the stakes and recognize that now is not the time for petty squabbles.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
The difference between 2016 and 2020 isn't going to be in the people who voted for Trump. To avoid cognitive dissonance the Trumpers are going to keep being Trumpers. The difference is going to be the sidelined Democrats who got complacent with the idea that Trump couldn't possibly win, and that even if he did it wasn't as if Hillary was any better, and so maybe I'll just stay home or vote for Jill Stine as a protest to give the Dem's a kick.

This time around everyone is going to know the stakes and recognize that now is not the time for petty squabbles.
That is the most rational reason for hope I've read. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 PM

Trump pisses me off every day with the fact that he continues to neglect the working class that he tricked into voting for him based off of the lie that he would do his best to improve the lives of America's poorest and most economically disenfranchised.

He also pisses me off every day with the fact that he continues to support the tyrannical regimes that are America's so-called "allies" in the same way that every president before him has done for the past seventy years, even though he said that he would cease kowtowing to the Saudis, amongst other things.

He also pisses me off every day with the fact that he continues to employs an even larger portion of corporate suits and operate his government off of nepotism and cronyism, even though he said that he would "drain the swamp".

I didn't vote for Trump. But I hoped that, even if the cheeto-faced buffoon was going to bring idiotic crap like "THE WALL" to America, that he could at least manage to bring some of the good things that he promised, as well.

I guess I was expecting too much from a reality television host attempting to wield the apparatus of the executive branch of the American government, though.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I'm still wary of poll data, since they got 2016's election all wrong.
This is not true, although the misperception persists. The results were within the margin of error. As Nate Silver points out:

"Contrary to the conventional wisdom, the polls weren’t that far off last year — they were about as accurate as they’d been in past elections. But they were filtered thru a lens of groupthink that was convinced Trump couldn’t possibly win — and so pundits routinely misinterpreted polls and ignored data showing a competitive race."
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The difference is going to be the sidelined Democrats who got complacent with the idea that Trump couldn't possibly win, and that even if he did it wasn't as if Hillary was any better, and so maybe I'll just stay home or vote for Jill Stine as a protest to give the Dem's a kick.

Dunno, did that work on Nader voters?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
It may seem petty to you... but yeah, we know the stakes. Still would love to see a better candidate (and, no, we didn't all think that Clinton was 'just as bad as Trump') and a better campaign that reaches out to progressives as well as mainstream Democrats.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 PM

The President of the United States of America has issued the following statement on a matter of serious geo-political import:

Quote:
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...11061954297857

Seriously, someone needs to get rid of this lunatic cunt.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

The orange twerp really does not get that he is offensive, that every word out of his mouth is an offensive insult, his every action is an offense. Well, luckily he seems to have actually committed an offence under law.

Of course the twerp is trying to be KJI's friend. Why would he leave out that one communist as one of his BFFs?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Greenback View Post
The President of the United States of America has issued the following statement on a matter of serious geo-political import:

Quote:
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

o_0

>_<

0_o

He's just now getting around to looking up what "dotard" means?

Dios mio.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
o_0

>_<

0_o

He's just now getting around to looking up what "dotard" means?

Dios mio.
Probably had Vampire Kid look it up for him.
He's still using a Word-A-Day calendar. The three letter version.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Greenback View Post

I totally threaten my friends with fire and fury, too! Granted, it's from the food I cook, but still...
Old 11-11-2017, 11:31 PM
SDSAB

Trump takes Putin's denial of 2016 election interference at face value, ignoring the earlier unanimous opinion of the U.S. intelligence and security services: http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politi...ing/index.html
Old 11-12-2017, 02:55 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Trump takes Putin's denial of 2016 election interference at face value, ignoring the earlier unanimous opinion of the U.S. intelligence and security services: http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politi...ing/index.html
And this on Veterans Day.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:58 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
And this on Veterans Day.
Well sure, but he defended them (veterans) from people protesting about something else entirely at football games, so it's all good.

Last edited by TimeWinder; 11-12-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
He's already backtracked on that one. Sort of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Like this?
Trump distances himself from remarks on Putin over election meddling
Quote:
...At a news conference in Vietnam, Trump distanced himself from remarks he made on Saturday in which he suggested he believed Putin when he said there had been no Russian meddling in the election that took him to the White House.

The comments had drawn criticism at home because U.S. intelligence agencies have long since concluded there was Russian meddling.

"As to whether I believe it or not, I’m with our agencies, especially as currently constituted," Trump said at a news conference with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang.

"As currently led, by fine people, I believe very much in our intelligence agencies."

He was careful to make clear he sided with the intelligence agencies under his own leadership....