Old 11-14-2019, 03:34 PM

One note folks folks who are putting off buying it for now . There is some new role content on the online stuff, which takes a decent amount of buy-in to start. Of of the new roles is called collector and requires 15 g9ld bars to get started. But It seems if you also play GTA online, and collect all the cards the yhid several months ago, you get it for free. I wish I had known to take care of that before I got the game when i was bored, so heads up people, you can get that anytime it seems.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
One note folks folks who are putting off buying it for now . There is some new role content on the online stuff, which takes a decent amount of buy-in to start. Of of the new roles is called collector and requires 15 g9ld bars to get started. But It seems if you also play GTA online, and collect all the cards the yhid several months ago, you get it for free. I wish I had known to take care of that before I got the game when i was bored, so heads up people, you can get that anytime it seems.
So it seems I was wrong. The Rockstar promotions make it seems like you can, but it is apparently just not available on PC in, for some secret reason. Sorry if any one tried, but ticket response just says "screw you, sucker".

Also:
I'm not sure how many people are playing online on PC, but was wondering if any bounty hunter solo-ers have been ruining into an issue where it just gets to damn hard on the legendary bounties 3 stars and above, and want to posse up. It's not like an mmo raid or anything, but curious if anyone wants to try the higher stars sometime.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Anyone playing? Is there a SDMB Posse, yet?
Old 12-18-2019, 07:41 PM

I'm still playing. been playing a damn load more that I expected with a work slow down. I was racing through it a bit faster than I really wanted to for a game I had looked forward to for so long, so switched to Online, to save the story for a time when I more in a mood to savor. Really been racing through that as well. I don't know of any posse though.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:18 PM

I'm struggling to find elk to hunt. Just a regular one so I can craft some of the satchels. Everything I see online says to hunt near cattail pond, but I don't seem to find them there. What's the deal???
Old 12-30-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lips_Obsession View Post
I'm struggling to find elk to hunt. Just a regular one so I can craft some of the satchels. Everything I see online says to hunt near cattail pond, but I don't seem to find them there. What's the deal???
That is where I found them most abundant. But never had too much of a problem finding them anywhere in Ambarino.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 PM

All I can seem to find are the various variety of deer....
Old 12-31-2019, 05:20 PM

I don't even remember seeing any variety of deer other than Whitetails
Old 01-02-2020, 06:27 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lips_Obsession View Post
I'm not sure where you are in your story progression, but there are tons of elk northeast of Brandywine drop. You'll see where the rail road crosses the river, there is a little island and a water fall right there. Just set up camp on the west side of the shore, north of the rail road tracks and you'll see a lot of elk, deer and moose. Also, the occasional cougar, if I remember correctly. It's pretty much the northeast border of the map, but it's easy to get to since you can just follow the train tracks all the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
I don't even remember seeing any variety of deer other than Whitetails
Just white tail deer and white tail bucks. But there are other deer-like animals, such as pronghorns and sheep of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
I'm still playing. been playing a damn load more that I expected with a work slow down. I was racing through it a bit faster than I really wanted to for a game I had looked forward to for so long, so switched to Online, to save the story for a time when I more in a mood to savor. Really been racing through that as well. I don't know of any posse though.
I'll start one. I'm not sure how to invite someone. I suppose I need your online user-name? Send me your id and I'll look for you and try to invite you to a posse. Or, if you want to start it, mine is Bear_Nenno on the game as well.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Every time I see the thread title, I *know* it's RDR2, but my brain keeps *SEEING* "R2D2" and I find the concept of a squat Astromech droid exploring the "Ooooolllldd West" utterly hilarious

Somebody make a mod file that changes the protagonist into R2D2!
Old 01-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
Every time I see the thread title, I *know* it's RDR2, but my brain keeps *SEEING* "R2D2" and I find the concept of a squat Astromech droid exploring the "Ooooolllldd West" utterly hilarious

Somebody make a mod file that changes the protagonist into R2D2!
He could look like this:
https://www.geek.com/wp-content/uplo...19-560x352.jpg
Old Westromech.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
Anyone playing? Is there a SDMB Posse, yet?
I played through it. I enjoyed it much less than I was expecting. By the time I got to the epilogue, I was quite ready for it to be over... and right at that point I found myself literally shoveling shit and doing other menial tasks. It had the effect of reminding me I had chores to do in real life that were actually important.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:11 PM

Well, Rockstar has decided I no longer have a compatible sound card for some reason, and refuses to play RDR2 or GTA 5 anymore