Old 05-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyard View Post
Fibre isn't a carb.
Well, technically it is, but we humans don't absorb fiber, so it doesn't have the caloric consequences of other carbs.

Now, if you were a horse....
Advertisements  
Old 05-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

I am hesitant to post because my goals are trivial in comparison with many of y'all - w00+ to you guys.

I have a baseline test I do every so often to test upper body strength. I turned 61 in January, did the test, passed the test, started working on another goal (dumbbell BP - 100sX10), and got the flu, bad. Kept me out of the gym for three weeks. I lost a lot of strength.

And relearned the unfortunate lesson - I am not a kid anymore. Used to be I could get back to "normal" in two or three workouts. Not anymore. New rule of thumb: it takes the same amount of time to get back into the groove as the layoff lasted. Anyway, finally, I re-took the baseline test, and started back on trying to improve.

The new program is dumbbell BP every other workout, assistance work (regular BP, or incline press and dips) every other workout, and an unload workout (shoulder press, or close grip BP) every other week. Back work - alternate pulldowns and upright rows with cable rows and pullovers. My lower back is back to baseline, and doesn't hurt any more than it did before the layoff and my strength levels there are back to normal. Legs - I added a light day to my medium followed by heavy schedule.

And the dog is happy - I can walk at our normal pace, and he doesn't have to keep coming back to Heel because grampa is slowing down from fatigue.

New goal - dumbbell bench press - 100sX10 by July 4th.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyard View Post
Fibre isn't a carb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Torque View Post
Well, technically it is, but we humans don't absorb fiber, so it doesn't have the caloric consequences of other carbs.

Now, if you were a horse....
Looking at the nutrition labels on foods, fiber and sugar are listed as subsets of the total carbohydrates count. My understanding was that if it says 30 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, the 6 grams are fiber are part of the overall count of 30 grams, not an additional 6 grams of mass on top of the 30. It is also my understanding that some people think you should count fiber as consumed calories, and some people think you shouldn't, because it's not digestible. Is that wrong? I am just starting out on my journey to understand nutrition, and I haven't taken a biology course since high school, so I'm resigned to making some mistakes.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Torque View Post
A good thought, but there's something about tea: it actually dries me out. I feel like I have to drink more water to counterbalance drinking tea. I'm sure there's some better stuff out there than typical "iced tea" we get around here, but not being a tea drinker, I'm not sure what, and I'm not sure what doctoring I would have to do to make it palatable.
Well, yeah, ice tea is crap dietetically speaking; for starters it's made of sugar, maltodextrine, glucose, dye, partially hydrolized starches, flavorings, fructose and the occasional lonely molecule of caffeine.

I meant the un-iced stuff. The one you make from a baggie or putting leaves in a little mesh ball. Black ones are usually high-caf and if you find them too harsh: first, you're probably oversteeping it (shouldn't let it in longer than 4 minutes), and second, "a cloud of milk" does wonders without resorting to sugar.

Re. fiber: it is measured as a carb depending on what analysis is run, but it does not count towards calories any more than eating rocks does. The difference between fiber and starches is precisely that starches are digestible and fiber is not.

Last edited by Nava; 05-10-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:06 PM

Re. fiber: it is measured as a carb depending on what chemical analysis is run, but it does not count towards calories any more than eating rocks does. The difference between fiber and starches is precisely that starches are digestible and fiber is not, it's how we define fiber, "those long chains of carbohydrates found as part of foods which are non-digestible". That makes starches food, fiber not-really-food. Fiber is beneficial in that it slows the absorption of the rest of the meal (helps avoid sugar highs) and in that it gives the bowels something to do; I've known many old people (where in some cases "old" was "in her 50s") who didn't eat any fiber, subsisting on a diet of baby foods, supplements and no-fiber juices, and then complained they "didn't poo today" and had their daily poo-helper (enemas, magnesia). Eating lettuce has been shown to be healthier than that kind of regime.

Last edited by Nava; 05-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapezoidal jellyfish View Post
Looking at the nutrition labels on foods, fiber and sugar are listed as subsets of the total carbohydrates count. My understanding was that if it says 30 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, the 6 grams are fiber are part of the overall count of 30 grams, not an additional 6 grams of mass on top of the 30. It is also my understanding that some people think you should count fiber as consumed calories, and some people think you shouldn't, because it's not digestible. Is that wrong? I am just starting out on my journey to understand nutrition, and I haven't taken a biology course since high school, so I'm resigned to making some mistakes.
Hmm. In Britain here, and presumably throughout the EU, Fibre and Carbohydrates are listed seperately. Under Carbohydrates it lists "of which sugars" for how much fo the carbs is sugar, as it does for "of which saturates" under Fats. Fibre is apart.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Re. fiber: it is measured as a carb depending on what chemical analysis is run, but it does not count towards calories any more than eating rocks does. The difference between fiber and starches is precisely that starches are digestible and fiber is not, it's how we define fiber, "those long chains of carbohydrates found as part of foods which are non-digestible". That makes starches food, fiber not-really-food. Fiber is beneficial in that it slows the absorption of the rest of the meal (helps avoid sugar highs) and in that it gives the bowels something to do; I've known many old people (where in some cases "old" was "in her 50s") who didn't eat any fiber, subsisting on a diet of baby foods, supplements and no-fiber juices, and then complained they "didn't poo today" and had their daily poo-helper (enemas, magnesia). Eating lettuce has been shown to be healthier than that kind of regime.
Thank you for the explanation! I knew that it's good to get a certain amount of fiber in your diet, but I guess I didn't really think about why.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapezoidal jellyfish View Post
Thank you for the explanation! I knew that it's good to get a certain amount of fiber in your diet, but I guess I didn't really think about why.
Going even further: there are two kinds of fiber, soluble and insoluble, neither of which is actually processed as calories by the human body. Insoluble fiber, found largely in things like fruit and vegetable skins, does not dissolve in water and passes through the body relatively quickly. It's sometimes called "nature's broom."

Soluble fiber absorbs water, which causes it to turn into a sort of gel-like goo. This moves through your body a lot slower than the other kind, which helps you stay full longer. Soluble fiber also slows down absorption of glucose, so fewer sugar spikes. And, from the Good Eats show on oatmeal: "It inhibits the re-absorption of bile into the system, which means your liver is going to have to get its cholesterol fix from your blood, which means your blood-serum cholesterol's going to go down." So several benefits, there.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I am hesitant to post because my goals are trivial in comparison with many of y'all - w00+ to you guys.

I have a baseline test I do every so often to test upper body strength. I turned 61 in January, did the test, passed the test, started working on another goal (dumbbell BP - 100sX10), and got the flu, bad. Kept me out of the gym for three weeks. I lost a lot of strength.

And relearned the unfortunate lesson - I am not a kid anymore. Used to be I could get back to "normal" in two or three workouts. Not anymore. New rule of thumb: it takes the same amount of time to get back into the groove as the layoff lasted. Anyway, finally, I re-took the baseline test, and started back on trying to improve.

The new program is dumbbell BP every other workout, assistance work (regular BP, or incline press and dips) every other workout, and an unload workout (shoulder press, or close grip BP) every other week. Back work - alternate pulldowns and upright rows with cable rows and pullovers. My lower back is back to baseline, and doesn't hurt any more than it did before the layoff and my strength levels there are back to normal. Legs - I added a light day to my medium followed by heavy schedule.

And the dog is happy - I can walk at our normal pace, and he doesn't have to keep coming back to Heel because grampa is slowing down from fatigue.

New goal - dumbbell bench press - 100sX10 by July 4th.

Regards,
Shodan
100sx10 is a great goal. I look forward to hearing your progress.

I was just able to eek out two decent reps with +90lbs on triceps dips today. I'm pretty happy about that.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

An update: I'm still with the program, still doing what I need to be doing. I just got back from doing one of my 250-step walks that the FitBit bugs me about every hour. They say these FitBits don't work for some people, but I like being challenged by a little device. So far, at least.

Last night I felt really gross, because it was my wife's birthday, so I had some cake. I can't believe how I used to eat such things without even thinking. A sort of test will be coming up soon, because the family is going on a week-long vacation at the start of June. Keeping up with the steps shouldn't be hard, but sticking to the diet might. We'll see.

I'm now down about 16 pounds down from the plateau I hit in April. It seems to be steady at this point, 2-3 pounds a week. Gonna be a while before I hit my next mini-goal, but slow and steady wins the race.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 AM

I've been doing really well with my exercise regimen, but have been falling down a bit on eating. I do much better when I don't have to eat with other people. Social eating at parties is really had for me to resist.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:06 PM

Still running 5x a week.

Weight loss is painfully slow; I'm @ 98kg

Today I ran an organised 10k in 56:11 (last year was 1:02:28)

All in all I'm happy with my progress this year.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:28 AM

Sounds like you guys are doing great!

I am not going to meet the goal I set for Memorial Day, but I've still been eating better in the last couple weeks than I was before, so I'm not too bummed. I'm getting better at not giving in to my cravings right away. Also, I got a food scale, and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. I weighed the lettuce for my salad the other day, just out of curiosity. Hopefully this will help me track my intake better.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

A bump, because my horn demands to be tooted:

The weight loss continues. I'm down close to 30 pounds from when I got my FitBit in late April, probably close to 70 overall from early March. I'm not within sight of anything resembling a "goal weight", but the progress is making me believe it's possible. I'm walking and moving, and smoking my wife and kid (who also have FitBits). And this despite going on a week-long vacation at the beginning of June and eating at the Cheesecake Factory; I came home and got right back on that horse.

I'm hurting less. I'm swelling less. I get antsy when I sit still for too long or don't hit my step goals. All of this, I believe, is good.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:59 PM

Excellent, Max! Walking is underrated as a compliment to health and weight loss, but it's an excellent, low impact exercise. Hiking is particularly fun for me, and being in nature has been linked to improvements for people who are depressed.

I am in week 4 with my personal trainer. I got to flip my first tire on Monday! It's amazing how fast my strength is improving, and so far only minor injuries. Since I was fit once in the past, I'm much better at recognizing potential injuries and laying off when I need to.

Nutrition has been so-so, but I'm down 3 pounds. I'm not super conscious about weight right now, more just wanting to master the fitness habit.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Well I was a good boy this week. A lot of depression about the Political situation, work, and life stress and I let the last 6 months get wasted with a return to bad habits after 18 months of decent progress. Far too little walking and far too much drinking and smoking.

But last week I forced myself to walk at least 10000 steps a day. And now I'm finishing up a 4 day weekend where I made it a priority, and hit 25000 every day, and only had 4 beers total(compared to my last long weekend that is massive improvement).

Now to make sure I keep it up during the hot sweaty season.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Good for you on making 10,000 steps a day wolfman! I think I said this earlier in the thread, but IKEAs and shopping malls are great for air-conditioned walking. I'm glad to hear you've restarted with a trainer, Spice Weasel. Is this one making you backwards down steps like the last one?

My weight's been slowly sliding up since I got home from vacation (I did fine on vacation, go figure) so I need to start paying attention again. I've been eating way too many refined carbs recently which makes me fat and farty. No more cake for me.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:13 PM

About the first of the year, I started going to the gym twice a day, five days a week. Well, mostly. Usually cardio in the morning, then resistance and cardio in the evening. I got down to 195 and really hit a wall- I built muscle and endurance, but wasn't losing weight.

Then, about a month ago, I was in a motorcycle accident. Broke three ribs and shattered my collarbone in three places, and as a result I've only made it to the gym a handful of times (and have only done cardio on those days). However, I'm now down to 187- only two pounds over my goal weight.

I'm finally getting back to the point where I can more regularly exercise, but it's going to be a long time 'til I can get back into weightlifting.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:04 PM

Glad I found this thread, cause fitness is huge for me right now and need a place to post my goals and progress. 34 year old male.

Summer Goals: San Francisco Marathon in 3ish weeks. Just want to beat five hours and complete. But beyond that I'm doing Tuesday night marathon training class (with a 3 month planned exercise plan) combined with a month long early morning bootcamp involving cycling, yoga, and kettlebell / resistance band exercises. The camp is Monday Wednesday Friday for July.

In August I'm attempting my first Spartan with associated training, and then in October /November I'll be doing my Yoga 200hour training.

I'm in love with all this stuff, it's been a long road to find that these things are really a passion for me. And to find I can actually do it has been like a rebirth for me. As a kid I was so not into any form of exercise. But I love all these things. And I think more and more I'd like to teach fitness as a side job for fun.

Here's something that amazed me today, I did a lowered V-Sit in yoga class with no shaking, I honestly thought my muscles in my core were somewhat messed up from a Fall I had two years ago. But today, no shakes...after three years. It's probably all the yoga combined with the abdominal work in race training. I'm so thankful for all this. I still get hard on myself, but I'm so inspired to keep getting better.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodal View Post
G
In August I'm attempting my first Spartan with associated training, and then in October /November I'll be doing my Yoga 200hour training.
Which Spartan are you doing? Sprint, Super, or Beast?

I did my first Sprint last February. I found the obstacles challenging, but not too bad (you need some upper-body strength for many of them), but the running was difficult for me.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:40 AM

Sprint. I'm the opposite, good at running, but building stronger upper body.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Sprint. I'm the opposite, good at running, but building stronger upper body.
Work on your pullups (and Burpees, of course...)

I couldn't do the rope climb (I haven't climbed a rope in 40 years...). I got about half way and failed. I actually went out and bought a "battle rope" to hang in my backyard for training.

The bucket carry and sandbag carry were hard (and you see lots of people cheating on the bucket carry), but I completed them.

There was one particular obstacle at the end - an angled wall that has a variety of hand-holds that needs to be traversed by hand-strenght alone - that I got just over half-way and then lost my grip. Watch the Youtube video about how to tackle it.

Actually, watching the Youtube videos is helpful for all the obstacles - some of them have way more technique than one might expect. Having the correct technique compensates for not being as strong.

I am adding some routines at the gym specifically with the Spartan in mind. I have started to do pullups using the rope grip looped around a handhold, but not resting my hands on the knots - using grip strength alone to hold my weight. I'm also doing some one-handed hangs and abs, trying to increase the about of time I can hold by bodyweight with one hand. Not at all easy...

Last edited by beowulff; 07-07-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:47 AM

Thank you, I need this motivation. Summer has just started. I've been doing my Tuesday run club, (which has been majorly badass...the dude makes us do all kinds of work and pushes us hard). And morning bootcamps with yoga thrown in. The bootcamps have been a mix of kettlebell, plank exercises (ab wheels) resistance bands (presses) sledgehammer, street style workouts. I need to do Burpees and pullups, which I can do at home (I have a pull up bar). Rope climb! Shia! I need to get on that!
Old 07-09-2017, 06:02 PM

So I had to share two exciting bits of fitness news for me.

Yesterday ran 34km at 6:30 pace. A PB for me and my last long run before the San Francisco Marathon. I was excited it went well.

I was going to jog the 10km race the next day at an easy pace, but couldn't resist competing. I ended up finishin 24/126. My time was 50:30. Another PB, the day after a huge long run. Feels so good to be breaking though my limits. For so many years I was stuck and now I'm getting better again.

Anyways, I'll crack a beer tonight in celebration
Old 07-09-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So I had to share two exciting bits of fitness news for me.

Yesterday ran 34km at 6:30 pace. A PB for me and my last long run before the San Francisco Marathon. I was excited it went well.

I was going to jog the 10km race the next day at an easy pace, but couldn't resist competing. I ended up finishin 24/126. My time was 50:30. Another PB, the day after a huge long run. Feels so good to be breaking though my limits. For so many years I was stuck and now I'm getting better again.

Anyways, I'll crack a beer tonight in celebration
That's impressive...I'll crack one for you!
Old 08-06-2017, 12:53 PM

I made some minor progress today.
I was able to do one (count them!) decent triceps dip with 100 lbs. on the dip belt.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Excellent work!

Boot Camp started up again this morning. I noticed on Saturday I was having issues keeping up (Pound followed by Body Pump) so I think I'm going to just do Pound right now while Boot Camp is going on.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:13 PM

Glad to hear so many of you are keeping up on your plans!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

OK to bump this, I hope. Last Tuesday I made the 10x100s in the DBBP. That's a lifetime PR for me - not just "in the last thirty years".

Now I am taking a deload week. Then - I have never made arms a priority, just a couple of sets of curls at the end of a workout and hardly any triceps work besides presses. I want to add a half inch to my arms. They're not bad, but they are sort of skinny compared to the rest of me.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 08-23-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoying Buzz View Post
45 and currently 84kg (184 pounds) / 183cm (6'1"). I was 75kg after college, and 93kg (my highest, or pretty close) around this time last year.
I reached my goal of 80kg (176 lbs) in June, and have since been working on weight training and building muscle, while keeping my body weight at or around 80. I may try and get down to 75kg starting from September after the summer holiday, but I'm not decided on it.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:33 PM

How's everyone doing now that the weather is getting cooler?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:36 PM

Another session of Boot Camp. I think I'm doing pretty good for a lady who just turned 50!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:43 PM

Crap year for me, really.

Started off by recovering from injuries from last year. At the turn of the year, all I was doing was yoga. Then that kind of fell by the wayside, because I couldn't believe that:

- yoga detoxifies me
- this post will help with my digestion
- some yogi somewhere stopped his breathing and heartbeat for 5 minutes
- all the other hooey.

Then I traveled for work for about 9 weeks in the late spring/early summer, and did a decent job of working out-ish, but having to eat out all the time and having plenty of time for beers before bed, I put on about 15 pounds.

My biggest problem with motivation though, is that (I realized a few nights ago) I'll never really accomplish any physical goals again. I'm a crappy athlete anyway, so even my biggest accomplished goals are small potatoes to anyone who bothered to train as long as I did for them.

But I really don't have a 'thing', you know? Like for a while, my thing was just adding miles. Then getting to 5 miles. Then doing a 10-mile trail race. Then doing a half-marathon. Then a trail half. Then doing a trail 25k. Then doing a marathon. Then doing a 50k. I accomplished all but the last, none of them in impressive times.

Then for a year I was working on training for a Spartan race, and all I did was injure about all of me, which left me where I am today. I just ran 4 miles on Sunday (with a stroller!) for the first time in probably a year. Plus I do have a stationary bike and some weights, pullup bar in the basement that I use. But it's just not very motivating and there's not a built-in goal. And the thing is, I don't have time (I know, I know, everybody says that) anymore to re-train to much of what I've done above. Full time work, 3 kids (one shared), and I'll be starting school again in the spring. I'll never be in the shape I was in when I was single and angry, or only had my one kid half the time.

Fact is, I'm really jealous of my wife. Getting herself in shape after pregnancy and a C-section, she found Krav Maga and took to it like a fish to water. So she has something she loves to to, is motivated to do, and keeps her in shape. I want something like that, but I don't know what that would be. ETA I shouldn't say I'm jealous of her. I'm envious that she has something like that, and I'm happy, enthusiastic and supportive of her.

I am looking at this place, since it has yoga (without, it seems, the woo) plus fitness classes. And it's right down the road from me. Power Life Yoga

I guess this was more of a rant than anything. Suppose I'm open to ideas.

Last edited by Sicks Ate; 09-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 PM

Well I flaked out again for a while
but once again I'm starting back on the path, having done 10,000k steps every day this week. Giving myself a particularly good pat on the back because the weather was wacko for September; the second half of the week was high 80's to 90 with 85% humidity, but I fought through the excuses.

Just a matter of keeping focus and keeping it going long enough that doing it becomes the habit rather than the exception.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:54 PM

Last year I had a stupid/silly goal of doing a race every month. Well, a bad injury, requiring a boot for 7 weeks & being totally out for 5 months quashed that. Going from doing something six days a week & being in the final stretch for an ultra (meaning lotsa miles) to quitting, cold turkey, for 5 months did a number on me. Lack of endorphins & not being able to do what I love (run) caused major depression; lack of exercise caused almost 10% weight gain.

I started off the year being allowed to walk but not yet run. Progressing slowly, there was lots of walking, & eventually running was allowed, but pretty much all fitness is lost while sitting on your butt for 5 months so I knew this year was going to be about getting back into shape, not doing anything 'worthwhile'. In the first 2 months of this year, w/o even trying, I managed to walk off the weight gained at the end of last year.

I decided that the one goal I really wanted for this year was the one I couldn't complete last year; a race every month. Yeah, Jan was a walk/run 5k, with a horrifically emabarrassing slow time (for me); 10+ minutes slower than my last one. To be truthful, a lot of the races were more "running with a # on" than really racing, but hey, they count.

The one race I really did target in Spring I finally started to find some legs under me & did better than I had hoped for, & even respectable when compared to last year's time.

Another (freak) injury to the opposite knee in June meant I could still walk but not run for a while. With no near-term goals & knowing I'd need to take it easy on the comeback has really sapped my motivation to run (I'm doing some, but not much). I have; however, continued to walk...a ton. I don't know how much additional weight I've lost (I don't own a scale) but I know the waist has gotten smaller. Shorts & jeans require a belt, as w/o one, I can pull them down w/o unbuttoning/unzipping. That old suit that I used to rock, yup, I wore it yesterday & got compliments on it. When I came home I reached into the deep, dark recesses of the closet, pulled out, & tried on my tux, which was purchased about 25 years ago - so who's got a black tie event they want to invite me to?
(How many people do you know who are the same size they were 25 years ago?)

Yesterday, I finished the month getting my insane step count goal. Today, I mananged to get month 10 of at least a race a month done. I didn't even know about this race 36 hrs ago; a friend invited me. I didn't do anything to prepare for it, not taper, not get a good night's sleep, not eat well yesterday, I forgot to take stuff with me because I was so tired this morning. Whatever. I did it. Then I skedaddled as I had other places I committed to being. Then my friend sends me an email, with a picture of a medal...my medal. Granted it was a small race, but I still did well enough to get an age group medal.

All in all, a pretty @#$%& amazing weekend on the comeback trail!
Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

Weight Loss Goal #1 achieved today. Weight Loss Goal #2, another 50 pounds, set. We'll see if I can get there by June, when we're going to Disney World.

My anniversary was September 20th, so my wife and I rented a cabin in Ruidoso, NM for the weekend and had some us-time, without the kids. And unlike any vacation I've ever been on in the past, I hiked. We found an app called AllTrails, found some nearby trails, and went hiking in the woods, around lakes, and just around the neighborhood. Saw lots of wildlife. Up in the mountains, it was cool during the day and downright cold at night. A very nice vacation, and doing things I never thought I'd have the energy or inclination to do. Losing weight rocks.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM

I went to my friendly Nutrishop today and got my InBody scan. It said that my B.F. was 14.9%, down from 20.1% in June, while actually increasing my muscle mass by .7 lbs.
I'm training for the Ragnar Trail race on Nov 3/4, so that is helping get me leaner. Usually, that also kills my muscle mass, but I must be doing something right this time around.

Last edited by beowulff; 10-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
... again I'm starting back on the path, having done 10,000k steps every day this week. Giving myself a particularly good pat on the back because the weather was wacko for September.
Been keeping up with it well this time and finally broke through my 6-8 month wall of frustration on my main weight-loss metric. A new, smaller belt
Well not new, but one from over ten years ago that I have been too fat for since then.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Reducing is always fun, especially when it's been a while. "Why in the hell do my pants keep falling down?! What the f- oh! Hey! Right. Yay!"

Congrats to all who are being mindful of tomorrow. Your older selves are mighty proud.