The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 01-02-2015, 05:40 AM

I just watched Teenagers From Outer Space and I want to thank Accidental Martyr and I want to tell you all what an incredible experience it was to have seen this movie in 1960 and to have been looking for it again for all these years.

I was amazed there were some things about this film that were actually quite good. Believe it or not, it really choked me up to have seen it again. I would like to recommend it to all of you next time you are in the mood for some camp.

But now I have another challenge for you all. Around the same time I saw this movie as a kid, I saw a serial called The Iron Claw. This was a series of short films (maybe each one was 20 to 30 minutes) and they were designed to motivate people to come back to the theater week after week to see the next installment.

The gist of this show was there was someone who murdered people using an iron claw. He (or she) would wear this iron claw and rake people across the face until they were dead. Every week the show would end with some event that made you think the hero had died (like they drove a car off a mountain) but then the next week, it was revealed that they actually jumped out of the car before it plunged to the ground below.

Extreme camp. Especially for a ten year old. It has been very frustrating for me to actually know the title of this series but still having been unable to get my hands on it for all this time. I hope one of you can help this ten year old kid's fantasy come true. Anyway, can any of you help me find this serial so that I can learn who was the Iron Claw?

I'm guessing there may have been around a dozen installments and the identity of the Iron Claw was revealed in the last installment. If it's not revealed I will be extremely ticked off because the makers of this serial would have been tempting me for all these 55 years now and they would have tricked me into being a real sucker for coming back all this time.

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 01-02-2015 at 05:43 AM..
Advertisements  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Wayne View Post
But now I have another challenge for you all. Around the same time I saw this movie as a kid, I saw a serial called The Iron Claw. This was a series of short films (maybe each one was 20 to 30 minutes) and they were designed to motivate people to come back to the theater week after week to see the next installment.
Here's a blog post about it.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just watched Teenagers From Outer Space and I want to thank Accidental Martyr and I want to tell you all what an incredible experience it was to have seen this movie in 1960 and to have been looking for it again for all these years.
...Snip

Psst..Ya might want to thank Earl Snake Hips Tucker who actually found your movie first.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

8 months earlier to be exact.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:53 AM

Earl Snake-Hips Tucker,

I apologize to you. I don't know how I missed that you found it first.

I'm very sorry about that.

And thank you very much Honey for pointing that out to me. Boy, is my face red.

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 01-02-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

I was amazed there were some things about this film that were actually quite good. Believe it or not, it really choked me up to have seen it again. I would like to recommend it to all of you next time you are in the mood for some camp.

The gist of this show was there was someone who murdered people using an iron claw. He (or she) would wear this iron claw and rake people across the face until they were dead. Every week the show would end with some event that made you think the hero had died (like they drove a car off a mountain) but then the next week, it was revealed that they actually jumped out of the car before it plunged to the ground below.

Extreme camp. Especially for a ten year old. It has been very frustrating for me to actually know the title of this series but still having been unable to get my hands on it for all this time. I hope one of you can help this ten year old kid's fantasy come true. Anyway, can any of you help me find this serial so that I can learn who was the Iron Claw?

I'm guessing there may have been around a dozen installments and the identity of, Iron Claw was revealed in the last installment. If it's not revealed I will be extremely ticked off because the makers of this serial would have been tempting me for all these 55 years now and they would have tricked me into being a real sucker for coming back all this time.
Psssst, post198 , from last May.,

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 01-02-2015 at 08:16 AM..
Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Psssst, post198 , from last May.,
Yikes! That is two that I missed.

Yes. That is the correct link for the series I am looking for.

Thank you for telling me and I must apologize once more. This time to Burpo. Very sorry for missing your post and thank you ever so much.

Now I need to find a way to buy that series and finally found out who is The Iron Claw. I'm so excited!

Darn! All the Youtube links to "The Iron Claw" point to some Heavy Metal band or some other movie. None of them seem to point to this movie serial from 1941.

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 01-02-2015 at 10:01 AM..
Old 01-02-2015, 02:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanoLad View Post
"My Mother Was Never A Kid" an ABC After School Special from 1981.
Yes, that's totally it! After-School Special makes sense; that's why it didn't fit any format I remember. And 5 Emmy nominations? Damn, 7-year-old me recognized excellent programming.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

No one knows the title of my movie?

I must confess, I missed the part of the thread title that says "liked". That movie has "haunted" me since I was a young girl. I can almost still hear the creepy music in my head.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
I saw this as a small child and I can't get it out of my mind to this day.
When were you a child? That might help narrow things down a bit.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Charter Member

Honey, could it be Cover Girl Killer!?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052709/
Old 01-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanoLad View Post
When were you a child? That might help narrow things down a bit.
It would have been early 70's when I saw it. I was maybe 8?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Wagner View Post
Honey, could it be Cover Girl Killer!?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052709/
I'm sorry, that's not it.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:54 AM

Tried real hard to find it, came across The Playgirl Murders, and Peeping Tom and Who Killed Teddy Bear...but none of these seem to fit.

Here's Moira Shearer from Peeping Tom. She does have crazy eyes.

And Who Killed Teddy Bear does seem to have memorable music, but it's not it.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Maybe Corruption?
Old 01-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepug View Post
Well, I don't know if I can honestly state that I actually liked the film I'm going to attempt to describe (except maybe at a certain level), but it sure has stuck in my head for a long time! Scenario: my dad and I watching it on HBO (or Showtime) back in either 1978 or 1979 (when I was 11 or 12). IIRC the plot (if that's what you want to call it) had to do with two young women (mid-20ish) making a "house call," if you will, and basically "forcing" an older man to engage in some rather kinky sexual acts with him. I don't remember how long the movie was although I seem to recall that it wasn't particularly long. Also, that my mother, who caught us watching it together more than once, was NOT happy about me seeing it (come to think of it she probably wasn't all that thrilled that my dad was watching it, either. But then my mom always has been somewhat of a prude). I tried posting a question about it on IMDB once and I don't think it's ever been answered. If anybody on the SDMB saw a movie back then that they think is the one I attempted to describe and they can remember the name of it and are interested in letting me know what that name is it would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!
It wasn't on a premium channel, so not HBO or Showtime, but there was a movie called It Couldn't happen to a Nice Guy that has something like that happen to Paul Sorvino (sorry that there's not a decent plot synopsis online).

If you're certain that it was on a premium channel, and was possibly too short to be a feature film, I wonder if it could have been an episode of The Hitcher, or perhaps some other short film anthology series.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 01-03-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
Tried real hard to find it, came across The Playgirl Murders, and Peeping Tom and Who Killed Teddy Bear...but none of these seem to fit.

Here's Moira Shearer from Peeping Tom. She does have crazy eyes.

And Who Killed Teddy Bear does seem to have memorable music, but it's not it.
While looking at Peeping Tom on one site, at the bottom it gave me a list of other movies I might like, and there it was!!

Straight On Til Morning. Of course I had to go to You Tube and.....

::Shudder::

Thank you everyone!!

Last edited by Honey; 01-03-2015 at 07:30 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 08:29 PM

I've asked this before, and been answered...and then like a dunce, I lost the answer... I promise to keep it safe from now on...

There was a TV show, sixties I think, maybe early seventies. There was a group of people who had minor psychic powers. Not really strong mind-reading, but they could get mental impressions. They worked as a secret team, doing operations against bad guys, and also tried to keep a low profile so the world wouldn't find out about them and kill them.

I think the show opened with a shot of the high-pressure water-jet fountain in Geneva.

ETA: AHA! I found it, by Googling the name of the fountain! ("Jet d'Eau.") The show was "The Champions." Yay the Internet! Thank you to everyone who would have told me the answer!

Last edited by Trinopus; 01-03-2015 at 08:31 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Charter Member

Sounds like The Champions.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:59 PM

That's the one! I watched that religiously, back in the day!

I apologize for hopscotching you, and admire your memory of great old shows!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:57 AM

Not a movie. But I remember renting a VHS comedy video when I was 16, and I forget the name of it.

It was basically a bunch of very short comedy skits made by one man. I would estimate each skit had a duration of anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds. I think most were in black-and-white, made on film (then transferred to VHS), and it looked as if they were made in the 1960s or 1970s. I recall a couple of the skits:

- He's at the fruit section in the grocery, and peels some bananas before weighing them on the scale. The voiceover (his voice) says, "Here's a consumer tip - peel your bananas before weighing them."

- He's in his kitchen and grabs a new carton of milk. The carton is one of those old-fashioned kind, made of a paper product. He attempts to open one side of the carton but finds a label that says, "Open from other side." So he turns the carton around and attempts to open the other side, only to find it also has a label that says, "Open from other side."
Old 01-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter_Man View Post
Not a movie. But I remember renting a VHS comedy video when I was 16, and I forget the name of it. . . .
Almost certainly *not* what you're remembering, but those types of oddball mini-sketches were typical of Ernie Kovacs.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter_Man View Post
Not a movie. But I remember renting a VHS comedy video when I was 16, and I forget the name of it.

It was basically a bunch of very short comedy skits made by one man. I would estimate each skit had a duration of anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds. I think most were in black-and-white, made on film (then transferred to VHS), and it looked as if they were made in the 1960s or 1970s. I recall a couple of the skits:

- He's at the fruit section in the grocery, and peels some bananas before weighing them on the scale. The voiceover (his voice) says, "Here's a consumer tip - peel your bananas before weighing them."

- He's in his kitchen and grabs a new carton of milk. The carton is one of those old-fashioned kind, made of a paper product. He attempts to open one side of the carton but finds a label that says, "Open from other side." So he turns the carton around and attempts to open the other side, only to find it also has a label that says, "Open from other side."
Doodles Weaver?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
I have another one. I only remember the barest minimum:

60s or 70s, live action, had the feel of a made for TV, or a "B" movie. Someone was making their own nuclear weapon, in their basement I believe. The heroes finally tracked it down, and could not disarm it. One of the heroes, who had received a lethal dose of radiation, volunteered to fly the bomb out over the ocean with a helicopter. It detonated over the water. The end.

Or at least, that's how I remember it.
One mystery solved!

Panic In the City

I found an on-line version that had the sound about 2 minutes out of sync(!) but I was able to see the end and confirm that this is it. Howard Duff was the one to fly the bomb out over the water.

It is available in a DVD so I'll try to find one to watch.

Thanks, new member CotopaxiRon!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I didn't wade thru this entire thread, so I apologize if someone already asked this one.

I remember seeing this movie in the 60s, but I'm sure it was older since it was on TV and I'm pretty sure it was black and white. It took place in a jungle and the plot had to do with killer ants that were overwhelming an area. The good guys were trying to figure out how to stop them. I seem to recall a scene where the ants killed and ate a man. I think it was resolved when there was either a big storm or a dam was destroyed so the ant-infested area was flooded and they all died.

What was most traumatic - we watched this movie while spending the night at our grandparents' place. It was summer in the city and they didn't have a/c, so the windows were open. Right across the street from their house was an electrical substation that had a characteristic hum/buzz that was especially easy to hear in the quiet of the night. It sounded just like the ants as they rampaged thru the jungle. I didn't sleep well that night.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I didn't wade thru this entire thread, so I apologize if someone already asked this one.

I remember seeing this movie in the 60s, but I'm sure it was older since it was on TV and I'm pretty sure it was black and white. It took place in a jungle and the plot had to do with killer ants that were overwhelming an area. The good guys were trying to figure out how to stop them. I seem to recall a scene where the ants killed and ate a man. I think it was resolved when there was either a big storm or a dam was destroyed so the ant-infested area was flooded and they all died.

What was most traumatic - we watched this movie while spending the night at our grandparents' place. It was summer in the city and they didn't have a/c, so the windows were open. Right across the street from their house was an electrical substation that had a characteristic hum/buzz that was especially easy to hear in the quiet of the night. It sounded just like the ants as they rampaged thru the jungle. I didn't sleep well that night.
I haven't tried IMDb for the right title, and there may be more than the two I think I recall.Them and Maribunta!(?) are ones I'd look for.

Try: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047264/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Last edited by Zeldar; 01-22-2015 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-22-2015, 03:10 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The Naked Jungle might be the right one - the date would be right, and I might be remembering it in black and white because my grandmother may not have had a color TV. Not on Netflix, tho...
Old 01-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Okay, I've got one...I saw bits of it on TV as a kid, I think either on the Disney Channel (probably a late-night "grownup" drama block), or maybe on PBS, during the 1980s. By the film quality, I'd guess it was made in that decade, too.

Anyway, it's about a man and a woman, missionaries or aid workers or somesuch in what I think was sub-saharan Africa (a fairly arid portion), in the 40s. Their region was taken over by a force of Nazis, who—as we see in a dramatic shot—are setting up a V-2 like rocket for launch. I think the gist being that with this model and the location, they'd greatly extend the range.

The next thing I remember was the missionary-guy trying to sneak into the Nazi base through a ditch or a creek under cover of night, to try and sabotage the Nazi's operation. But that's about all I can remember.

'Ring any bells?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
While looking at Peeping Tom on one site, at the bottom it gave me a list of other movies I might like, and there it was!!

Straight On Til Morning. Of course I had to go to You Tube and.....

::Shudder::

Thank you everyone!!
See at 8:08
Old 01-23-2015, 12:34 PM

When did this movie come out?

Early seventies, definitely a TV-movie.

Who was in it?

No idea.

It had something to do with a ... ghost horse. Horse ghost. Ghost of a horse. Something like that. An early scene has a bunch of people burying a dead pony, at night, for some reason. (Other than "It's dead.") Sometime later, a construction site over what is apparently the unmarked grave of this horse experiences an earthquake. Superimposed over this is the horse's head, and a loud whinnying is heard.

What's the scene that stuck with you?

Near the end, the protagonists are trapped in a house, and this carousel horse has gone AWOL and is trying to batter down the door.

---

My wife is an aficionado of cheezy TV horror movies and she has never heard of anything like this.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post

Early seventies, definitely a TV-movie.

Who was in it?

No idea.

It had something to do with a ... ghost horse. Horse ghost. Ghost of a horse. Something like that. An early scene has a bunch of people burying a dead pony, at night, for some reason. (Other than "It's dead.") Sometime later, a construction site over what is apparently the unmarked grave of this horse experiences an earthquake. Superimposed over this is the horse's head, and a loud whinnying is heard.

Near the end, the protagonists are trapped in a house, and this carousel horse has gone AWOL and is trying to batter down the door.

---

My wife is an aficionado of cheezy TV horror movies and she has never heard of anything like this.
The Sixth Sense (1972)- Echo of A Distant Scream
Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM

Or maybe not...I'm not seeing a carousel horse.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Ok..this must be it:

Circle of Fear (1973)-"Dark Vengeance"
Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 PM

Rock Slab Monsters

I probably saw it in 1964. I saw it with my father in NYC (I think at Radio City Music Hall - did they ever show movies there?). I do know that it was the B movie on a double feature with "Robinson Crusoe On Mars" which came out in 64.

Who was in it?

No idea.

Typical 50's monster movie. The monsters were giant slabs of rock with short stubby legs.

There's a point where group of people are on an upper level of a city building looking out into the street. I think they're about to go out into the street when one of the rock monsters steps away from a building across the street. It had blended in so well that it wasn't noticeable. Almost gave my 8 year old self a heart attack.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:
The Naked Jungle might be the right one - the date would be right, and I might be remembering it in black and white because my grandmother may not have had a color TV. Not on Netflix, tho...
The Naked Jungle was based on

Leiningen Versus the Ants by Carl Stephenson, a magazine short story.

on radio the story was done as an episode of the shows Escape (3 times) and Suspense.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:09 AM
Charter Member

Did they ever show films in Radio City Music Hall? Yes, they did. They quit showing films there on a regular basis in 1979, but they still occasionally show movies. I'm answering this question because, bizarrely enough, I saw a movie there in 1964. It was weird that I went there because I grew up on a farm in Ohio. That year was one of the relatively small number of vacations my family took, and we saw The Unsinkable Molly Brown there. The Rockettes performed beforehand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_City_Music_Hall

http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?...619C946591D6CF
Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion on my "lost" sci-fi movie, GuanoLad. That's not the movie, but another thread got me checking the link and I found it, literally: It! The Terror from Beyond Space. No wonder it creeped me out: the basic plot was reworked into Alien.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
This looks right! No wonder I couldn't find a TV-movie with this plot - it never occurred to me it might be an episode of an anthology.

Thanks! Take two sainthoods out of petty cash.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM

I remember this movie with the "nuclear device in the basement" very well! It was "Panic In The City" starring Howard Duff and Linda Cristal. It's from 1968, and you can find new and used copies on DVD on Amazon.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:35 PM

Describe a movie you saw and liked as a kid but can't remember its title

There may be some movie you saw at such a young age, or else are unable to remember its name, but you really liked and would like to know its title. Just try to give as much info on it as you can and maybe we can figure out what it must have been. Or at least make some decent guesses.

When did it come out? Pre-1950. Saw it at a Saturday matinee as a young kid in the 1940's. (Yes, I'm that old.) Not saying I liked it, but remembered its ugly atrocities all my life, but didn't recall its title.

Who was in it? Didn't remember.

What plot if any do you remember? Africans being kidnapped and shipped to America, then rebelling on a slave ship.

What was special to you about it? Seeing the slaves get deep-sixed in chains by their slavers to avoid being discovered by the pursuing authorities. I wondered about the movie in later decades, through the Civil Rights struggle and a college course in African-American History at B.U. in '71 and a degree from Shaw U in the '80s, but couldn't recall its name. Learned later in life that the first ship to bring slaves to America in the "triangle trade" was the Desire, built in Marblehead, Mass.

Any other clues you can think of? Seeing similar actions in Stephen's Spielberg's Amistad 50 years later made me wonder if he had seen it.

Then lo and behold it was released on dvd a couple of years ago and I bought it.

Slave Ship ('37) with Wallace Beery. Well worth it for anyone. interested in African-American History.

Last edited by Ignatz; 02-21-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Old 03-14-2015, 07:11 PM

I was born in 1993 and i watched it on Tv somewhere about 1999.
The movie is about a creature that is similar to the Xenomorph, as i can recall
The plot is set in a jungle or a forest and some people are trying to catch it
The main protagonists are some man and a girl
I remember a scene where they befriend a boy who gives an amulet to that guy but was later killed by a monster after a bunch of traps they have set for it in the forest failed to work
I also remember that the monster had orange sight and in one scene they have put a cow in a cage as a bait for it
There is another scene where that boy is hiding from monster in some underground tunnels
In the end, i am not sure, but i think the monster somehow was shot by that man and exploded
Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 PM

I have attempted this before with unsatisfying results, but would love to find the movie and watch all of it.

It is a black and white "horror" film shown on 60's afternoon teepee. The movie was likely made in the 40's or early 50's. The actors seem to have been English. I was about 8, so what did I know.

At the end of the movie, after the mystery was solved, the main cast walked offscreen, leaving the villan, presumably dead on the floor. But....

The villan stands up and says, "I AM THE MANIAC", and proceeded to threaten the viewers if they told the end of the movie to anyone. As I recall, he threatened to come to your house and "slit your throat."

I swear, it terrified me and I didn't tell the tale until about 30 years later. I think I am safe because that maniac is probably pretty old now.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Conrad Shadowdale View Post
I have attempted this before with unsatisfying results, but would love to find the movie and watch all of it.

It is a black and white "horror" film shown on 60's afternoon teepee. The movie was likely made in the 40's or early 50's. The actors seem to have been English. I was about 8, so what did I know.

At the end of the movie, after the mystery was solved, the main cast walked offscreen, leaving the villan, presumably dead on the floor. But....

The villan stands up and says, "I AM THE MANIAC", and proceeded to threaten the viewers if they told the end of the movie to anyone. As I recall, he threatened to come to your house and "slit your throat."

I swear, it terrified me and I didn't tell the tale until about 30 years later. I think I am safe because that maniac is probably pretty old now.
I think I have your film: Night of Terror.

Last edited by burpo the wonder mutt; 03-14-2015 at 08:10 PM..
Old 03-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stst View Post
I was born in 1993 and i watched it on Tv somewhere about 1999.
The movie is about a creature that is similar to the Xenomorph, as i can recall
The plot is set in a jungle or a forest and some people are trying to catch it
The main protagonists are some man and a girl. . . .
Almost certainly not your movie, but some of your description sounds like Dark Universe (1993).
Old 03-14-2015, 10:16 PM

I just want to say "Great Thread - Applause! Applause!"

If the people who run this board ever gave out annual awards for the greatest threads, Zeldar would have won one for this thead.

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 03-14-2015 at 10:17 PM..
Old 04-04-2015, 01:43 PM

I've been trying to remember two movies for years..
#1) I saw this movie on TV in 1971 or 1972
Who was in it? Dean Martin? (or other Matt Helm type)
What plot if any do you remember? I think this was a spy type comedy. I remember a girl riding on the front of a bicycle (I think near a fountain) and her shirt/dress rips and her bra says "Help Me".
What was special to you about it? I was pretty young and thought it was pretty risqué at the time.

#2)

When did it come out? Saw on late night mystery or sci fi theater in 1967 at my 1st grade slumber party.
Who was in it? Don't know.
What plot if any do you remember? Really eerie mansion style home, scientist, plant (possibly in atrium area), that was either blood sucking or carnivorous.
What was special to you about it? Scared a bunch of 6 year old girls to death!

Thank you in advance! Very interesting board!!

Any other clues you can think of? black and white
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjan View Post

#2)

When did it come out? Saw on late night mystery or sci fi theater in 1967 at my 1st grade slumber party.
Who was in it? Don't know.
What plot if any do you remember? Really eerie mansion style home, scientist, plant (possibly in atrium area), that was either blood sucking or carnivorous.
What was special to you about it? Scared a bunch of 6 year old girls to death!

Thank you in advance! Very interesting board!!

Any other clues you can think of? black and white
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
I've never seen any version of the movie, but how about Little Shop Of Horrors?
Old 04-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Possibly this episode of the TV show The Avengers. (Steed & Mrs Peel, not Marvel superheroes).
Look at the last act, starting around 40 minutes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwn...een_shortfilms
Old 04-04-2015, 06:02 PM

@Peter Morris:
Wow! Very close, but not it... much darker and I'm assuming made earlier. How cute was Emma Peel!!!

@ Joey P - nope, not Little Shop of Horrors.

Thank you both for your input!!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I just want to say "Great Thread - Applause! Applause!"

If the people who run this board ever gave out annual awards for the greatest threads, Zeldar would have won one for this thead.
I'm just now spotting this, Charlie Wayne. Thanks for the kind words!