The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 01-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
Yeah...plus, what good did killing a Reaper actually do? Won't another one just come along and still demand a Winchester? And possibly Castiel's life, now, too, for balance/payback?
No idea. I lost track of the mythology/rules a long time ago.
Advertisements  
Old 01-30-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
Yeah...plus, what good did killing a Reaper actually do? Won't another one just come along and still demand a Winchester? And possibly Castiel's life, now, too, for balance/payback?
I think the deal was just with Billie, and she seemed to be the only one with a grudge against the brothers.

In past episodes I don't remember any Reapers going for revenge when a fellow reaper was killed so I'm not sure if Castiel has anything to worry about or not.

When Billie was introduced she mentioned a new Death. I don't know if she meant that literally or not, but if so maybe a new character will be introduced.

If I had my way the old Death would be resurrected, and in gratitude he'd bring back Charlie/Celeste. Yeah, I know Felicia Day is doing the new MST3K, but I bet she'd have time to pop in an episode every now and again.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Last night's episode was the best of the season. Funny, engaging, emotional, and wonderful.

Loved it.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:26 AM

Great episode.

I found it fascinating that even with all of his memories gone, Dean was still a stone-cold killer. I guess you are who you are.

Last edited by Alessan; 02-12-2017 at 02:26 AM..
Old 02-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Gotta say, I especially enjoyed last night's Pulp Fictiony episode.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Great episode.

I found it fascinating that even with all of his memories gone, Dean was still a stone-cold killer. I guess you are who you are.
I loved how Dean got all happy-go-lucky the more he lost his memory.

Last nights episode was great. Killing a Prince of Hell with Michaels spear thingy. But what I really loved was Crowleys back story on how he became the King of Hell.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:00 AM

So, the seemingly indestructible Ramiel says simply to give back what was stolen and he'll let everybody live. And yet Mary keeps her mouth shut. WTF?

On a positive note, I liked the reveal at the end.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 AM

The weird thing is, right when the first tried - and failed - to kill Ramiel, I thought to myself, "Now, if they had the Colt they wouldn't have this problem... hey, what happened to the Colt? We haven't seen it since Season 6, have we? I should look it up after the episode." I swear, I hadn't even thought about the Colt for years.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:14 AM

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the Colt, too...mostly I'd forgotten that they didn't have it anymore. My reaction to the reveal was pretty much: "Wait, the Colt?? How did that guy get it?!?"
Old 02-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

I thought the problem was they have no more bullets. Perhaps the last one was used, unsuccessfully, on Satan?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:19 PM

Thanks...

Thanks for running this thread. I love the show, and own every DVD season there is. You folks seem friendlier than most of the SPN fan sites I've found so far.
As for the latest episode...I called it on the lance, FYI! And yeah, those damned cosmic consequences...Castiel is my favorite character, but I have a really bad feeling about his fate. Crowley's, as well...you'd think he'd've learned better by now!
And BTW, I still think Death isn't. Dead, that is. He sure didn't look surprised when Dean hit him with that scythe; in fact, it was more of an "Oh, bother, *this* again?"
Oh, and I trade trivia questions (over all existing seasons) with my techie nephew from time to time. I'd be happy to do that here, but only if you're interested. I don't get online much, so it would be an infrequent event.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
I thought the problem was they have no more bullets. Perhaps the last one was used, unsuccessfully, on Satan?
Didn't what's-her-name, the thief/occult reseller, steal it?
But yes, I also thought they'd run out of bullets.
Maybe the Brits know how to make more.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the British Men of Letters storyline. Of course they can keep the supernatural out of Great Britain. It's an island the size of Wyoming. You can't just wander in or out from a neighboring country - to get in, the non-human would have to swim or go through some official port - that's a lot easier to monitor. There are no vast areas of wilderness to hide out in (the largest national park in England is only 900 sq. mi.). I see no reason to believe that they could repeat their success in North America even if they had free reign. Their solutions to the problem don't transfer.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

I am up for a trivia challenge, by the way. Been watching since the beginning.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:08 PM

"The Dukes of Haphazard" - I laughed my ass off.