The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 11-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

None of the comic book shows, and most comic books, cannot stand up to any sort of logical thinking. One must suspend one's disbelief watching these shows, but the problem is which illogical straw will be the one to break one's suspension of disbelief. And there are so, so many illogical straws.

Sadly, the break happened long ago for me, but I'm just so damn happy to see superheroes being given some prime time respect that I continue to watch. I've spent over 4 decades following some of these characters, through the good writing and the bad.
Advertisements  
Old 11-01-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
None of the comic book shows, and most comic books, cannot stand up to any sort of logical thinking. One must suspend one's disbelief watching these shows, but the problem is which illogical straw will be the one to break one's suspension of disbelief. And there are so, so many illogical straws.
I think that illogical straws come in different flavors.

For instance, none of the powers that any of these superheros have actually obey the laws of physics (obviously). So I'm certainly not constantly saying "wait, she can fly just because she's on a planet with a different sun? Wtf?". But I'm also willing to cut at least one and maybe two levels of additional slack around that... first of all, I don't worry about things like "wait, how can she hear when she's flying... wouldn't the rushing wind deafen her" or "when she comes to a stop after flying, shouldn't there be a big sonic boom that blows out all the windows" and things like that. And I'm even willing to ignore "wait, if she stopped and used her powers with a teeny bit more intelligence, she would easily defeat almost all her foes" (this is one that The Flash is particularly bad about).

There's also established mythology that goes along with these characters, which isn't necessarily directly related to their powers, but which I'm OK with. How does no one ever recognize that Supergirl is Kara, just from looking at her face? Whatevs, that's how it is.

All of the above are going to be shared by any but the most hard-sci-fi approach to a superhero story.

But then we get to the next level of suspension of disbelief, which is "how would the existence of superheroes change the world, change society, making it different than our world". This is a place that a lot of well respected stuff like Watchmen has focused. But it's also something that a lot of shows deliberately ignore, just because something happening in "our world" is more relatable. And I'm basically OK with that. Why isn't there a religion that forms around worship of Supergirl? Why isn't there system in place to summon Superman and Supergirl to other cities and other countries when there are sufficiently large emergencies? There just aren't.

I also accept that if anything scientific-sounding is said, it will be correct only by complete accident. You point a dish at Krypton and send a transmission and expect to get a response shortly? Sure, why not, the speed of light is boring anyhow.

And finally superhero stories are fictional stories told for entertainment, meaning that they have all the usual cliches where the mysterious bad guy is always someone we've already met before, coincidences happen at a vastly higher rate than in real life, the good guys almost always survive, messes are always cleaned up by next week (unless the ongoing mess is a storyline), etc, etc.

I'm OK with all of the above. They're basically the price you pay for telling superhero stories.

But none of those excuse the extreme idiocy of the alien fight club kidnapping Hank. And the really irritating thing is, just a few minor script changes would make it 1000 times better:
(1) Hank, knowing that he's publicly famous, shapeshifts into a different human form for all of his interactions with Megan
(2) Roulette does have friends in high places which is why she's confident that she's arrest-proof. But then when she does in fact go too far, she gets away via escaping from custody using a mysterious alien gadget, not via hilariously overpowered friends-in-high-places.

Presto, vastly better, and you can still tell exactly the same story with the same political message etc. And that took me all of 5 seconds of thinking.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:06 PM

Supergirl, more than the other superhero shows, seems particularly bad about following whatever real-world conventions or expectations it's already established. We never got a hint of there being any Gotham-style corruption in National City. So the NCPD letting Roulette go due to powerful friends came out of left field. (You know, Chekhov's gun and all that.) On the other hand, it underscores just how powerful her friends are, and now we've got another known baddie on the loose. She's doubtless going to turn up again, maybe even involved with the big 4-way crossover.

Meanwhile, over on Legends of Tomorrow, they seem to throw all consistency and logic to the wind, but that somehow seems more forgivable on that show. They never really had much consistency and logic to begin with. I consider it to be more of an action-comedy ensemble show, and so the Rule of Funny and the Rule of Cool both apply.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Charter Member

See, for me, even before it gets to the Fight Club, I was having issues. Roulette's henchmen have weapons that can take down a Martian. Martians can go mano-a-mano with Kryptonians. Why run a fight club instead of just licensing those weapons? Pretty much ends the other-worldly menace one one starts mass producing that stuff, and it would be legal and insanely profitable. But as I noted, my suspension of disbelief has been unsuspended so many times that now when it happens it is like kicking a dead horse.

(And has anyone explained yet why there are so many aliens on Earth, or is that just their way of handling super-powered people? I think the latter, but it is yet another horrible explanation.)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
(And has anyone explained yet why there are so many aliens on Earth, or is that just their way of handling super-powered people? I think the latter, but it is yet another horrible explanation.)
The aliens were all previously incarcerated in Fort Roz, which crashed in the desert outside National City. This explains why most of the aliens we see are not particularly desirable elements of society, including Non and Kara's Aunt Astra. This also explains why the DEO seems to make its base in National City. It doesn't explain why Superman wouldn't get involved (until the last minute) in fighting a Kryptonian plot to take over the world.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Superman was busy...that always has to be the explanation. Couldn't have been Luthor or the Toyman or Metallo though. And I'm sure Brainiac will turn up this season or next, so not him. Maybe he was off on War World. It also explains why Flash doesn't handle Arrow's Tobias Church problem. Flash is busy, too busy to take the 15 minutes it would take to help out his friend.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:56 AM

OK episode, but again, dumb writing.

Didn't the goons just knock over the Federal Reserve? If so, why go rob some rich people? Hell, why rob rich people in any case? Go take out Ft Knox or something.

The "Supergirl's sis might be gay" thing was telegraphed last week and unconvincing this week. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the angst was too fast--this one needed to be spread over a few weeks.

Also, the person they got to play Maggie Sawyer should be over on Gotham playing Renee Montoya. The two characters are both lesbian but decidedly not interchangeable. And every characteristic Supergirl's "Maggie Sawyer" has belongs to Renee Montoya (and not just physical/nationality). I'm not liking this season's tendency to just throw names at random people regardless of how well they fit (Snapper isn't a 50 year old grumpy guy, and apparently next week the Cyborg Superman will be showing up which makes Hank "Martian Manhunter" Henshaw's name a problem.

Oh, and
A) I hate how they're playing Mon El. He's not a himbo. He shouldn't BE a himbo. Want a himbo with his power-set? Give us Ultra Boy.

B) If they're going to give him a civilian id, why not use his comic book id? "Bob Cobb" (he doesn't have to be a "brush salesman" though.)

C) Are they ever going to explain his last name? He should be Lar Gand. If he's Mon El, he's probably related to Superman/girl.

Last edited by Fenris; 11-08-2016 at 08:57 AM..
Old 11-08-2016, 09:00 AM

The "Bob Cobb" thing had occurred to me as well. Think that Jimmy should meet a professor soon with a stretchy formula?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 PM

I love how they keep working in references to Chyler Leigh's earlier roles, of which there are many. Alex's "strange punk rock phase" was actually a reference to Chyler's stint on the short-lived That 80s Show, where she played a punk rocker.

I thought Chyler played her character's confusion and realization quite well. Sure, it's been blatantly telegraphed to the viewers, but this whole "coming out" phase is a lot more nuanced than what I've come to expect from a CW show. It's not just a matter of Alex stepping out of the closet and saying, "Surprise! I'm gay!"
Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM

When I saw the episode description of this week's show I thought for sure this would be about Intergang not just some flunkies.

Also Winn's new personality still annoys me but I have said that enough already so this is the last time unless he gets extra annoying.

Last edited by Quimby; 11-10-2016 at 11:16 AM..
Old 11-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Did anyone out there not realize who Cadmus lady was before the "shocking" reveal?

This show was better last year.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBG View Post
Did anyone out there not realize who Cadmus lady was before the "shocking" reveal?

This show was better last year.
Umm, who was it?

I expected Amanda Waller.

And President "Lynda Carter " is some sort of alien? Not Wonder woman??

Last edited by DrDeth; 11-10-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Umm, who was it?

SPOILER:
Lena (and Lex) Luthor's mother.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Umm, who was it?

Lena (and therefore Lex) Luthor's mother. Lena called her "Mom" right before the dramatic end-of-episode music.

Quote:
And President "Lynda Carter " is some sort of alien? Not Wonder woman??
I don't think there was ever any possibility that she would actually be Wonder Woman. I was kind of hoping her given name might be Diana, as a kind of shout-out, but no such luck--apparently it's Olivia. And yes, based on her glowy eyes, it looks like she's probably an alien in disguise. Whether a good one or a bad one remains to be seen.

Edited to add: Darn! Spoiler-ninjaed!

Last edited by MrAtoz; 11-10-2016 at 02:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2016, 02:23 PM

FYI if you live in the NYC area, Football is on WPIX tomorrow and Supergirl is on Saturday at 8. My DVR found it for me.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtoz View Post
Lena (and therefore Lex) Luthor's mother. Lena called her "Mom" right before the dramatic end-of-episode music.

I don't think there was ever any possibility that she would actually be Wonder Woman. I was kind of hoping her given name might be Diana, as a kind of shout-out, but no such luck--apparently it's Olivia. And yes, based on her glowy eyes, it looks like she's probably an alien in disguise. Whether a good one or a bad one remains to be seen.

Edited to add: Darn! Spoiler-ninjaed!
I give it a 95% chance that President Wonder Woman is actually a Martian. The effect at the very end of her episode was a dead on ringer for J'onn and M'gan's.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:53 PM

I noticed a lot of aliens seem to be able to change into human appearance. What's up with that? Sure, Martians can do it, but does everyone in the galaxy have the ability too?

How come us humans and Kryptonians can't, dang it.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by levdrakon View Post
I noticed a lot of aliens seem to be able to change into human appearance. What's up with that? Sure, Martians can do it, but does everyone in the galaxy have the ability too?

How come us humans and Kryptonians can't, dang it.
we can't take on human appearance???

Old 11-14-2016, 10:08 PM

A couple of quick thoughts:

– They improved the hell out of Parasite's origin. But then his origin is one of the dumbest ever so, not hard to do.

- I like the more in-depth characterization of Alex coming out. Last week really seemed too easy, this had a much more nuanced vibe

– I am starting to hate Mon-el. Except for the name and the powers he has nothing to do with the character in the comics that I really like. It would be like having a character in a Star Trek comic named Spock who is from Vulcan but giving him Sheldon's personality traits.

– They have got to fix the color scheme on Guardian's costume. The costume itself is fine but black and silver sucks. It needs to be blue and gold.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
The costume itself is fine but black and silver sucks. It needs to be blue and gold.
Oh no, not that shit again.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:14 PM

I like this version of Mon-el. He has Kara constantly pissed off. She's totally into him.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:50 AM

I laughed out loud when Mon-el decided to become a standover man. One of the funniest moments in the show so far.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:12 AM

Did Kara just disperse deadly Pu-239 throughout National City?
Old 11-15-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
Did Kara just disperse deadly Pu-239 throughout National City?
And did the power plant give it to her, or did she steal it?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Oh no, not that shit again.
What shit?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
What shit?
What's the color of the dress?
Old 11-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

Some thoughts.

I loved that the brought back the Parasite. It was one of Superman's best villains in concept, but they never knew what to do with him: a non-Kryptonian who can go toe-to-toe with him. He was probably a hard character to write, since there a few ways to defeat him. (I hope they bring back the original Terra-Man* next, another favorite of mine who's completely forgotten).

The Alex as lesbian storyline seems pretty much out of the blue and felt like something the writers jury-rigged without any real groundwork beforehand. It's also pretty lame -- she sees a gay woman, suddenly is romantically attracted to her, and then she dumps her. It's like the actress was hired for three episodes so it couldn't continue. On the plus side, they at least threw in some rationalization -- Alex and her high school friend -- which handwaves away the problem, but at least it was an attempt.

What's interesting is that the show this year has been a super-powered version of Alien Nation.

*It looks like some of the Parasite borrowed from the revised version of Terra-Man.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I noticed a lot of aliens seem to be able to change into human appearance.
Three is a lot? We've seen J'onn, M'Gann, and the President (maybe).

We've seen a handful of aliens with externally-identical-to-human form, but no indicator that that's not their natural form, aside from those three.

Just like in the comics, the Supergirl 'verse clearly has a lot of alien species who look like humans - Kryptonians, Daxamites, Roltikkons*, etc. There's a bunch in the alien bar who are obviously alien, but can hide this with clothing, hair, or accessory choices, but that's not the same as being able to assume human form - their species are just very close to human in appearance.

* Roltikkons seem to be a variant on Tamaranians, who are a bit less human looking - bright orange skin, eyes that lack pupil and iris (or iris and sclera, depending how you want to look at it) - but have the same 'making linguistics literal' gag. Not sure why they didn't just use more human-looking Tamaranians...are there plans to do something with the Titans?
Old 11-15-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
Even if the black is actually blue, the silvery/chrome metal ain't gold. And the gold color makes the costume.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck View Post
Some thoughts.

I loved that the brought back the Parasite. It was one of Superman's best villains in concept, but they never knew what to do with him: a non-Kryptonian who can go toe-to-toe with him. He was probably a hard character to write, since there a few ways to defeat him.
The other cool thing about the Parasite was, he'd do clichéd comic-book stuff that doesn't make a ton of sense if you stop and think about it -- except, in his case, it makes perfect sense, because of his meta-power.

See, the comics are full of supervillains who use their powers to make a spectacle in public, in a world where superheroes will show up to confront them. Which is stupid; you'd try to keep a low profile, you'd get in and get out and actually do something profitable while doing your best to keep Kryptonians far away by staging a diversion on the other side of town, or the other side of the country, or whatever.

But the Parasite? He pretty much has to cause a ruckus and remain on the scene until a super swoops in; he's not engaging in theatrics for their own right; he's drawing attention to his over-the-top activities because he can't really accomplish all that much unless a caped do-gooder obligingly arrives at the scene of the crime.

Last edited by The Other Waldo Pepper; 11-15-2016 at 10:09 AM..
Old 11-15-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
A couple of quick thoughts:

– They improved the hell out of Parasite's origin. But then his origin is one of the dumbest ever so, not hard to do.
What's wrong with "Doop dee doo, I wonder if there's some cash in the drum marked nuclear waste?'"

Quote:
- I like the more in-depth characterization of Alex coming out. Last week really seemed too easy, this had a much more nuanced vibe.
I like the storyline here. It seems a little heavy handed but there is room for nuance and they seem to be working that.

They also made a Super Friends joke. Didn't they do that in Flash as well?
Old 11-15-2016, 11:01 AM

I just want to say that Kara has never seemed as sweet and cute as she did curled up on the couch and eating ice cream out of the carton with her hair up.

And a drunk Kara? I know she said alcohol doesn't affect her cousin, or presumably her. They must serve some strong booze in that alien bar if it can get a Kryptonian fucked up.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
And a drunk Kara? I know she said alcohol doesn't affect her cousin, or presumably her. They must serve some strong booze in that alien bar if it can get a Kryptonian fucked up.
It's alien booze for alien physiologies, specifically mentioned as being fatal for humans.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Waldo Pepper View Post
The other cool thing about the Parasite was, he'd do clichéd comic-book stuff that doesn't make a ton of sense if you stop and think about it -- except, in his case, it makes perfect sense, because of his meta-power.

See, the comics are full of supervillains who use their powers to make a spectacle in public, in a world where superheroes will show up to confront them. Which is stupid; you'd try to keep a low profile, you'd get in and get out and actually do something profitable while doing your best to keep Kryptonians far away by staging a diversion on the other side of town, or the other side of the country, or whatever.

But the Parasite? He pretty much has to cause a ruckus and remain on the scene until a super swoops in; he's not engaging in theatrics for their own right; he's drawing attention to his over-the-top activities because he can't really accomplish all that much unless a caped do-gooder obligingly arrives at the scene of the crime.
Good analysis. One reason I never took to Marvel comics was that their supervillains were so stupid (yes, even the geniuses) and always challenged the heroes directly.

Superman's villains could rarely do that, so their plans were more clever, and it always was a puzzle to defeat them. Same with Batman. Or the Flash for that matter.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
What's wrong with "Doop dee doo, I wonder if there's some cash in the drum marked nuclear waste?'"
It's marginally better than "Hm. I wonder what happens if I inject myself with mongoose* blood?"

And it's about equally as dumb ase guy--The Black Terror, maybe? who was a pharmacist and wanted to be a super hero so he mixed some of everything inside his drugstore together. And then drank it.

*Not radioactive mongoose, or space-mongoose, mind you. The normal earth variety
Old 11-15-2016, 12:34 PM

My weekly gripes:
(1) Couldn't any of the science-y people have even PRETENDED to have the faintest idea that some kind of quarantine might be a good idea when dealing with strange and unknown phenomena?
(2) Suggestion for Supergirl: when you meet a villain who can drain your life force by touching you, then used RANGED ATTACKS. Either heat vision or the criminally underused throwing-very-large-objects approach. Heck, just fashion yourself a 30 foot long hammer out of steel and whack him repeatedly.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:23 PM

Drunk Supergirl is as fun as ice cream eating Supergirl.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheVool View Post
(2) Suggestion for Supergirl: when you meet a villain who can drain your life force by touching you, then used RANGED ATTACKS. Either heat vision or the criminally underused throwing-very-large-objects approach. Heck, just fashion yourself a 30 foot long hammer out of steel and whack him repeatedly.
Not just SG, after they had Parasite all figured out she and MM both touched him. What were they thinking?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:27 PM

For American Ninja Warrior fans, I'm 98% sure I spotted Jessie Graff during this episode. The stunt double who did the wall flip looked a lot like her (and she does stunt work on the show). I would never have noticed except I'm a big fan of hers in ANW.

Last edited by BeepKillBeep; 11-15-2016 at 03:28 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamino Neko View Post
It's alien booze for alien physiologies, specifically mentioned as being fatal for humans.
That's what I thought. Sort of like a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 PM

The question about the President on this show is, is the actual, human, President still around somewhere? Although that wouldn't make sense for the villain to do, I'm guessing, for plot purposes, that she is and that Kara will rescue her. The question then will be, since she, the actual President, didn't sign the law, will she agree to sign it out of gratitude to Kara? Or because she still thinks it's a good idea? Or will she refuse?
Old 11-15-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheVool
Suggestion for Supergirl: when you meet a villain who can drain your life force by touching you, then used RANGED ATTACKS. Either heat vision or the criminally underused throwing-very-large-objects approach. Heck, just fashion yourself a 30 foot long hammer out of steel and whack him repeatedly.
IIRC, that was the fate of Metallo in LOIS & CLARK: sure, the first time, a guy with superstrong robot limbs powered by a kryptonite heart delivers a nasty beatdown to our hero -- but the second time, he embarrassingly just stops having legs because the man in the sky has heat vision; and there's no third time, because, c'mon.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Not just SG, after they had Parasite all figured out she and MM both touched him. What were they thinking?
I tried to rationalize that one and all I could come up with was "Um...maybe they were trying to overload him? Maybe?"

However, although that might technically count, it's also super-lame so...no.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck View Post
The Alex as lesbian storyline seems pretty much out of the blue and felt like something the writers jury-rigged without any real groundwork beforehand. It's also pretty lame -- she sees a gay woman, suddenly is romantically attracted to her, and then she dumps her. It's like the actress was hired for three episodes so it couldn't continue. On the plus side, they at least threw in some rationalization -- Alex and her high school friend -- which handwaves away the problem, but at least it was an attempt.
But Alex and Maggie were never a thing, so no one was dumped nor did anyone do any dumping. If anything, Alex was friendzoned.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:33 AM

I was slightly disappointed by the gay cop being "Maggie Sawyer" (as opposed to just some gay cop or "Renee Montoya"--who she looks just like). Maggie was in her late '30s (rare in comics), had a kid (rare in comics) and a husband who was a bigot but NOT um...a villain/abusive*. Maggie was the (IIRC) first openly gay woman in comics who was normal. Those are some pretty cool story beats that would have added a lot to Supergirl.

*Yeah...bigotry=bad. Full stop. But he didn't beat the kid, kick the dog, put on powered battle armor. And he didn't bad-mouth Maggie in front of the kid. He was....y'know...nuanced.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Not one mention of 'Who Goes There?' the classic SF story by Campbell?

Remote frozen outpost, unexpected find in the ice, something that comes to life and begins taking over someone, deaths of everyone...

That was my take on where they started.

And I do like how they're handling Alex's coming out. Going in I knew that Alex suddenly dating Maggie would be a disaster. Now, I've never had to come out of the closet, but I think dating someone who just came out would portend disaster in the near term. The fact that Maggie knew that is a real step up in the writing. It would have been easy to use this storyline:

1. Alex has feels
2. Alex comes out
3. Alex and Maggie fall in love
4. Everything's fine forever

The fact that the writers are trying to handle things in a messier, more true-to-life way is a great sign for the series. Alex may have come out to Kara but she's got a long haul ahead of her to figure out how she wants to handle things from here. I hope we get some episodes where her growth figures into it.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Not one mention of 'Who Goes There?' the classic SF story by Campbell?

Remote frozen outpost, unexpected find in the ice, something that comes to life and begins taking over someone, deaths of everyone...

That was my take on where they started.
Kids these days would probably recall The Thing, directed by John Carpenter. Same difference, I guess.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

I love superheroes. I've loved them for over 4 decades. I love superhero stories.

But I hate how inconsistent they can be. Whether it is in comic format, animated, TV or movie, they are all inconsistent, often with a big dose of stupid thrown in for good measure.

MaxTheVool pointed out attacking from range, though I suspect that heat vision would have been absorbed. Still, long weapons and heavy objects could work. However, why wasn't Mon-El (who's not really Mon-El, but nevermind) drained? And why wasn't that a Chernobyl-like disaster? It should have been. Instead, just a hand-wave and it goes away. That is simply piss poor writing (yet still better than much of Arrow, and the worst actress here is head and shoulders better than nearly every actress on Arrow).
Old 11-16-2016, 10:29 AM

The plutonium SG was carrying around should have caused some contamination, but I'll fanwank that Parasite converts various forms of energy into mass and strength, so when he exploded the radiation was probably already converted into something harmless.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:30 AM

Now that Cadmus has Mon-El, maybe Supergirl and Alex will get to work on finding their dad, who's there too, right?

Oh, and about Lena Luthor: I figured that she was Lex's dad's biological daughter. (And if that's true, Lex figured it out.) Now I'm wondering if her adoption was the mom's idea, and she's the biological daughter of a metahuman.

Last edited by Dendarii Dame; 11-16-2016 at 11:32 AM..