Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Need downloadable games for MIL

I was just asked if I could put a few games on my in-law’s computer. They (the in-laws) a lot of fun, but somehow I don’t think they’d appreciate Half-Life or Age of Empires. In fact, about all I have to go on is that she liked what sounded like a breakout clone that may have had the word “aqua” in the title. I figured the best thing I could do would be to go get one of those bargain game collections of the 100-games-on-one-CD variety and hope for the best.

I’m posting here because we’re seeing them tomorrow and I’ll be dropping off the machine -- so there’s no time to do anything but download. But... but... but (A) what do I download, and (B) where do I download it from? I know the net must be chock full of things like this (i.e., in the 10-20 dollar range for a small collection of basic games), but since I don’t shop for games all that often, I have no idea where to begin or what sites to trust--I just cleaned off an absurd amount of spyware and don’t want to begin anew, so, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rhythm
Old 07-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Are they going to have the internet?
I enjoy games from http://www.popcap.com/ & http://www.addictinggames.com/ but they're mostly online-only Flash-based games.
There are probably some downloadable ones there.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

They have limited Internet access, so I'm hoping to find something I can pay for/download and be done with it--the equivalent of walking into a store and buying a CD so they can play it off line.

If I was working with a business application I could go to the corp. site, download the "trial" version, then pay for a key -- that's pretty much what I'm hoping to do here.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 AM

I recommend things like Drop, Zuma, Bookworm and maybe Mah Jong or a Jigsaw puzzle. I believe you can download a set of jigsaw puzzles to have on your computer, but I can't recall where. ETA: Places like Wal-Mart sell Zuma and Drop for about ten dollars, too.

Last edited by Zabali_Clawbane; 07-27-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

You could try BigFish Games (which I can't link to because the work servers don't allow surfing to known game sites). It has many, many downloadable games for not to unreasonable prices, including Bejewelled.