Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 PM

The Office - 4/12 - Welcome Party

I started to doubt Stanley had a mustache.

I have to say, I liked this episode. Andy's side story was pretty good. I didn't know about Erin and Andy at first, but they are kind of cute together. Also some sympathy points for Nelly. Even though she was loved by everyone last episode and now they all seem to dislike her... (I guess they all didn't get the raises she promised).
Old 04-13-2012, 12:26 PM

If they had wanted to go for maximum awkwardness, they should have had Andy's car not start when he tried to make his quick getaway at the end.

Overall I enjoyed it. Some quality laughs, and like you I started to doubt Stanley's mustache!

Something I'm confused on: how long has Andy been missing from the office?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM

It's hard to say. I would say a week at most.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM

"Andy was 'Jelly Roll', Mike was 'Dennis The Menace', Ryan was 'Douche Bag'."
Old 04-13-2012, 05:03 PM

I thought that Erin was upset not because of the relationship material thing, but because Andy was gay.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
I thought that Erin was upset not because of the relationship material thing, but because Andy was gay.
Erin was a little "upset" because things weren't exactly resolved in a way that showed that Andy was dumping his GF for her. Andy was too.

He was going to say that it had 'little to do with her, but more to do with his love for Erin'. But then it turned out the friends and family were there... and he didn't break it off, (at first), in a way that solidified Erin as his new GF. It just happed to be a horrible time to break things off with her. Saying he was gay left them both feeling like the issue was totally avoided, and that explains the weak kiss they shared afterwards.

That's why he went back and disclosed everything, including Erin being relationship material.

If you put yourself in their shoes, it might make more sense than how I tried to explain it.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 PM

Oops; Double post.

Last edited by MyFootsZZZ; 04-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 PM

I liked how Dwight joined in the "We hate Pam!" chant, even though he couldn't have known that it was code for Nelly. As far as he knew, they really were talking about Pam.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM

This was an episode directed by Ed Helms, btw.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFootsZZZ View Post
This was an episode directed by Ed Helms, btw.
Hopefully he directs more then, as this was one of the best episodes in a while. Laughed out loud several times, which has become increasingly rare for this show.

I loved Creed's surprisingly lucid "I get it, it's an ironic party for Nelly." Brilliant.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Rejection View Post
If they had wanted to go for maximum awkwardness, they should have had Andy's car not start when he tried to make his quick getaway at the end.

Overall I enjoyed it. Some quality laughs, and like you I started to doubt Stanley's mustache!

Something I'm confused on: how long has Andy been missing from the office?
That's actually what I thought was going to happen. Would've loved to see them surround the car and rock it like a mob lol!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM

I found the Stanley's mustache bit to be both hilarious and fascinating. They were pondering why they couldn't remember his face after working with him for years just as I was wondering why I couldn't after watching the show for years. It was kind if a brilliant way to bring the audience into it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopticXander View Post
I found the Stanley's mustache bit to be both hilarious and fascinating. They were pondering why they couldn't remember his face after working with him for years just as I was wondering why I couldn't after watching the show for years. It was kind if a brilliant way to bring the audience into it.
Agreed. I had no idea during that scene whether Stanley had a mustache or not. Now I'll likely not ever forget.