Old 01-28-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
The success of What's the earliest movie that you liked that you still like? which I started yesterday at 11:43 AM, makes me want to add a wrinkle. So as not to hijack that thread with this new twist, here's a new thread.

There may be some movie you saw at such a young age, or else are unable to remember its name, but you really liked and would like to know its title. Just try to give as much info on it as you can and maybe we can figure out what it must have been. Or at least make some decent guesses.

When did it come out?
Who was in it?
What plot if any do you remember?
What was special to you about it?

Any other clues you can think of?
it's a tv film about a young blond woman who tells her story about how she became dependent on dope. it's not go ask alice, but similar. early 1970, 71 or first half 72. it also showed how they coped in those days with rehab, she was in rehab and was tied up at the wrist to an other girl, in rehab longer who was to guide and control her. i remember this movie having a huge impact on me have been searching for it for years never finding it. please anyone, sound familiar...?
Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM

Okay, I am going to find out where that image in my head is from.

Can anyone recommend good sites for quickly scanning movie and television stills from the 50s and early 60s?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:24 AM

It's a mystery to me

I saw a movie sometime in the 1960's when I was a kid. I have this vague memory of a father leaving his two children either at the beach or on an island and they are crying. I'm pretty sure they called him papoon.
I know this is very vague, but if you can solve this mystery, you'd be my hero.
Apparently, this scene made an impression on me, but I've never been able to figure out what movie it is from.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:02 AM
BANNED

There was one that had a prologue and epilogue of the woman showing pictures of houses and who lived in them. I think it was about a navy pilot and Rick Jason was the anti-hero.

A woman in love with a soldier in the French army, and she was called Mdmsl. Cigarette.

Three misfits in a private military academy (the Red Wooden Indian?)

A couple of submarine movies including the one that starred Tony Curtis. There was another one wherein the submarine was painted pink, and another that had women on board and they had to jettison even women's brassiere to fool the Germans.

Two James Cagney pilot movies. One wherein he was test flying a plane with de-icers through a snow storm, and another wherein he had to ram an enemy fighter head-on.

A western that starred Ernest Borgnine and Sammy Davis Jr. SDJ played a detective sent to help find EB's daughter who was abducted.

A John Wayne western that featured young boys being trained to be cow pokes.

Another western wherein the man was called Bushwack Gentry(?)

A mayan/aztec setting starring George Chakiris and Yul Brynner. I think it also featured a young Michael Douglas (the archer shooting from a wooden tower already set on fire by the enemy.)

At least two Custer movies wherein they played the Irish Kilt.

[many more that will come out since you popped the question.]
Old 02-09-2016, 05:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancie View Post
I saw a movie sometime in the 1960's when I was a kid. I have this vague memory of a father leaving his two children either at the beach or on an island and they are crying. I'm pretty sure they called him papoon.
Apparently, this scene made an impression on me, but I've never been able to figure out what movie it is from.
This isn't the original Blue Lagoon wherein they grew up, became lovers and had a baby?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_diego View Post

A couple of submarine movies including the one that starred Tony Curtis. There was another one wherein the submarine was painted pink, and another that had women on board and they had to jettison even women's brassiere to fool the Germans.

A John Wayne western that featured young boys being trained to be cow pokes.
Operation Petticoat and "The Cowboys".
Old 02-09-2016, 06:39 AM

There was this movie I swear starred Andy Griffith and what was different was that Griffith played a bad guy terrorizing a young man who he had gone into the desert with. I'd read once the Griffith agreed to the movie to get away from his good guy role on the Andy Griffith show.

Only I cannot find it on Griffith's website.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Poppi?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Three misfits in a private military academy (the Red Wooden Indian?)

Reminds me of Bless the Beasts and the Children?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
There was this movie I swear starred Andy Griffith and what was different was that Griffith played a bad guy terrorizing a young man who he had gone into the desert with. I'd read once the Griffith agreed to the movie to get away from his good guy role on the Andy Griffith show.

Only I cannot find it on Griffith's website.
IMdB to the rescue: "Savages"

Yeah, Griffith was going through a phase in the '70s where he was trying to "nasty-up" his image.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
A mayan/aztec setting starring George Chakiris and Yul Brynner. I think it also featured a young Michael Douglas (the archer shooting from a wooden tower already set on fire by the enemy.)
<snip>

Looks like "Kings of the Sun"
Old 02-10-2016, 04:17 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sams View Post
Reminds me of Bless the Beasts and the Children?
Nope, that was a 70's movie about semi-runaway kids, with a Karen Carpenter theme song. The one I mentioned is a black and white romcom.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:58 AM

Mid-80s. Probably a made for TV movie. A little girl is kidnapped (I think mistakenly) by two older guys for whom she grows an attachment. I just remember them out camping and singing something like "oh whiskey, oh whiskey, I wish I was a duck, because if water where whiskey, I'd go down, but never come up"
Old 02-14-2016, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

Savannah Smiles?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084633
Old 02-14-2016, 04:27 PM

Wow. That's it. You're good. Apparently the song was "Rye Whisky"
Old 02-15-2016, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbell321 View Post
When did it come out? Early 90's... possibly late 80's
Who was in it? No idea
What plot if any do you remember? Other than when watching the Matrix, I always think "Trinity looks like the girl from that bad movie I saw once". So, black leather, maybe sunglasses, black hair. Though possibly long, and unslicked. There was definitely a visual motif of a large hand gun, possibly a revolver(Magnum .44, probably black).

What was special to you about it? Nothing, I'm pretty sure it was terrible.

Any other clues you can think of?

This is all possibly completely wrong:
She was an assassin and received her orders via an arcade game... maybe? There was an arcade machine in the film... I feel like it served a purpose. Maybe the game was a shooter game and that's where the gun came in.
Post-apocalyptic. Or at least there were crumbling buildings and maybe sand...

I want to say the name of the movie was "The Eliminators" or "The Exterminators" or even "The Revolver" but I can't find any movies matching that...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105408/
The Silencer, 1992. The DVD cover is horrible; I've also linked to the laserdisc cover, which may help.

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/05142/...C/Silencer-The
Old 02-16-2016, 12:58 AM

Movie from early 70's

When I was young I saw the opening of a movie that I thought would be fun - it showed a cartoon mouse getting into a spaceship in the opening. It was on TV in about 1971 late at night. Of course it wasn't at all what I expected but the opeing has always stayed with me - and driven me nuts trying to figure out what movie it was!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Charter Member

The Mouse on the Moon.

It isn't a literal mouse, it's a fictional tiny insignificant little country, about the size of the Vatican. The opening credits show a cartoon muse, but there are no mice in the film.

It's a sequel to The Mouse That Roared. You might like to watch that one first.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:21 PM

This has been bothering me for a very, very long time! I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have been searching for months for a movie from my childhood and I've even requited my friends to do the same but I can't find ANYTHING.

I was born in 1994, to give some kind of timeline and I remember watching this movie when I was pretty young. I recall my family owning a bunch of VHS tapes with animated fairytales. This particular movie was one of those. I'm not sure if this was a full feature film or if it was just a segment on this tape with other stories. I remember a title screen and opening credits. The animation is similar to what we associate with 80s/early 90s animated films/cartoons. The style of "The Princess and the Goblin" or "The Swan Princess" comes to mind.

From what I can recall from the plot, a group of children (I think they may have been siblings) wander into the woods to look for something, I believe. The children leave a path of breadcrumbs which of course are eaten by birds. As night falls, they realize that they are lost in the woods. However, they come against a house in the distance where a giant lives. His human-sized wife invites them in to spend the night. The giant and his wife also have some human-sized daughters of their own. At this point, my memory is so blank. I recall the giant getting the urge to eat one of his daughters and he even attempts to. I think that the kids all escape and find their way back to their father's house. So there are a couple fairytales that are referenced in here but no amount of googling has given me results.

ANY help would be majorly appreciated! I believed for a long time that I must have dreamt this movie up, but my brother says he remembers the giant who tried to eat his daughter, so it's bothered me beyond belief.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal_cleaner View Post
Poppi?
Yeah that sounds a lot like the Alan Arkin 1969 film "Popi".
The synopsis: Abraham (Alan Arkin) is a Puerto Rican single parent with two boys. He is becoming very worried about them living in their run down neighborhood when one day he notices that Cubans who escape are lionized and given exceptional benefits. He thinks up a plot to have his sons washed ashore as cuban immigrants who will be adopted by rich anglos.

I vaguely remember seeing this film (I was 8 yrs old) at the Drive In. I probably didn't stay up for the whole film as those days Drive In's were great for parents to see films while their kids fell asleep in the back seat.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:19 AM

I'm trying to remember this film my father showed to me that I assume was from the mid-to late 80s (if I recall, the film had a somewhat Spaceballs look to it). In one scene, this man enters a tribe and obtains a weapon, walks to a castle to get his wife, capture by an alien king or something (because they got on that planet somehow in the beginning of the film- I forgot how) and during the trip, he encounters some soldiers. He deployes the weapon, and the soldiers, fascinated by it, touches it and vanishes. Because the soldiers are idiots (and don't know when to not touch it after seeing 10 men die from it), they fall one by one, and the man gets to a castle. What I remember is that this alien dictator or king or something has capture his wife and in preparation for a wedding, kisses the wife in the world's weirdest kiss. Then there's this next scene where the man enters the wedding in a Trojan Horse, and the next thing I remember (since I forgot much of the structure anyways), the ending of the movie, the family drives back to earth, flying through the highway like an airplane in their station-wagon or their car or something.

That's all I remember. Anyone can help me out with that?

Last edited by ultimate11; 02-19-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendarii Dame View Post
I saw a movie in the mid-1970's. It was shown in my school, but I've never seen it anywhere else. It was in color, and the plot was about Loch Ness (or possibly some lake that was just like it but in the U.S.) which was supposed to have a legendary monster in it. A businessman was buying up land around the loch (lake) and to save their homes or preserve the environment or something, a boy and a girl pretended that they'd seen the monster, which got a lot of publicity. (I don't think they built a fake monster, I'm a big fan of the book The Mad Scientists' Club and would have recognized that plot.) Anyway, the businessman was suspicious, and followed the kids (who were in a rowboat) in a rowboat of his own, and somehow found proof that they were lying. (Maybe they did make a fake monster?) He loudly rejoiced that, "There's no monster in this lake!" (Or something.) Needless to say, the next shot was of a sea monster angrily lifting up its head from the lake floor, surfacing, and scaring the living daylights out of the businessman. He gave up his plan (don't think he died) and the day was saved.

Any ideas?
Magic in the Water with Mark Harmon and a very young Joshua Jackson? (Sorry I don't know how to do links) I saw this a few years ago (on Ion or thistv or something like that) on a sick day and found it charming.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpington View Post
Magic in the Water with Mark Harmon and a very young Joshua Jackson? (Sorry I don't know how to do links) I saw this a few years ago (on Ion or thistv or something like that) on a sick day and found it charming.
Sorry, this is from 1995, and I saw the movie I'm asking about in the 1970's. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Sorry, this is from 1995, and I saw the movie I'm asking about in the 1970's. Thanks anyway.
Oops, I skimmed right over the 1970s reference. It sounds like exactly the same film. I wonder if Magic in the Water was (perhaps unconsciously) copied from your film.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
These:

1. Saw it early to mid 60s; I don't think it was too old at that time. I'd woken up with a bad dream so my aunt let me watch a movie with her and my older cousin. It was funny, but the only scene I can remember is a swimming pool filled with suds/bubbles. And maybe trucks with loads of bubbles that drifted up and away as they drove.
The Thrill of it All! With Doris Day and James Garner.

There is one movie/show I've wondered about since I was little, but I only have one scene. The adults were watching it while the kids were playing in other rooms, and I remember sneaking peeks of what I remember as a spooky, eerie, show. The only scene I remember is a nightmarish feeling bit that included a flood of feathers falling down a narrow (attic?) stairway. Would have been mid 80s maybe.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSothoth View Post
I've tried this before but no luck.

I saw it on TV sometime in the 90's, probably early to mid.

An middle to older-ish woman is in a bed. She's tied there by duct tape, her hands are bound kind of above her, her mouth is taped. There's another woman in the room, she's the one who's responsible but she's like, nervous or freaking out or something, definitely not like "ha ha, now I've got you" mood. A black guy comes into the room, he's like "OMG WTF?!" and he tries to free the woman in the duct tape.

The other woman panicks, she obviously wants to keep her prisoner, she looks around frantically and picks up a pair of scissors and stabs the black guy in the back. He flails around trying to pull it out until he finally collapses and dies. The duct taped woman can only watch as all this is going on.

In another scene that I'm pretty sure was the same movie, a man and another woman was in bed, you see her from her back as she strips. They fuck but you don't see it, the scene cuts away to her leaving the bed.

I don't remember anything else about the movie. I mostly want to look it up so I can figure out why that woman was duct taped to the bed.

Made me think of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? but that's obviously too early, so I went looking, and there was a remake in 1990. Scene is at about 1:04:20
Old 04-21-2016, 01:50 AM

Was it a movie about the Nibelungs?

I saw this silent b&w movie on tv around 1972. Very ancient movie. Might have been from the 1920's or even the 1910's
I think it was an European production on the Nibelungs or other scandinavian tales with viking like characters.
The scene which stuck on my head is one where I think a witch comands either the moon or an animal (a dragón? A wolf? ) to swallow the sun. After several scenes the sun is liberated b y the same moon or animal.
This scene is shown in silouette fashion almost like a cartoon.
I buoght some vhs with a movie very much like it, it was German, silent and b&w but it Was not the one I saw in the 70's. I think the movie might have been swedish or norweyan, Nordic, in one word.
If anyone can help, Thanks!!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobregon56 View Post
I saw this silent b&w movie on tv around 1972. Very ancient movie. Might have been from the 1920's or even the 1910's
I think it was an European production on the Nibelungs or other scandinavian tales with viking like characters.
The scene which stuck on my head is one where I think a witch comands either the moon or an animal (a dragón? A wolf? ) to swallow the sun. After several scenes the sun is liberated b y the same moon or animal.
This scene is shown in silouette fashion almost like a cartoon.
I buoght some vhs with a movie very much like it, it was German, silent and b&w but it Was not the one I saw in the 70's. I think the movie might have been swedish or norweyan, Nordic, in one word.
If anyone can help, Thanks!!
The best known silent film version of Die Nibelungen was by Fritz Lang in 1924 but you seemed to have ruled that one out.

There was a short Italian version made in 1910 but IMDB doesn't offer much description.

Last FM Library Thing
Old 04-24-2016, 04:36 PM

Thank you NDP, I saw this movie on TV at the US while I was living there (I'm from Guatemala) and it made a big impression on me. Yes, the version of the Nibelungs that I have on VHS is the one by Fritz Lang and it is a really beautiful movie (two parts) but even if I have been looking for the scene I described carefully, it never came on... I will try to follow the leads you described on your responce and I thank you for taking your time answering me
Old 04-24-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by installLSC View Post
--a clip from a spoof of forties B-movies where there was a "no necking" public announcement between the features.
I think this was It Came from Hollywood. I was so young when I saw it that I didn´t realize they were actual films.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
When did it come out? maybe late 70's early 80's
Who was in it? Don't know
What plot if any do you remember? Group of kids live alone and try to live a normal life going to school and such.
What was special to you about it? Grew up poor was one of the very few movies I was able to see.

Any other clues you can think of? In one scene the principle of the school they attend insists on meeting the parents. Seems like the kids are on the run a lot.
Could it be Tex? It was just the two kids living alone, although they weren´t on the run. The principle of the school asks to see the parents after Tex and Johnny Collins (played by a very young Emilio Estevez) replace the typewriting class´s typewriter ribbons with toy gun caps.

Last edited by Linty Fresh; 04-24-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:03 PM

I remember watching one film approximately 35 years ago about prohibition era gangsters, except that all of the actors were kids (portraying adult characters) and their guns fired creme filled pastries instead of bullets.

Also, does the phrase "king of the flots" ring a bell for anyone?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdo23 View Post
I remember watching one film approximately 35 years ago about prohibition era gangsters, except that all of the actors were kids (portraying adult characters) and their guns fired creme filled pastries instead of bullets.
Bugsy Malone.

Last edited by Dendarii Dame; 04-25-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Bugsy Malone.
Thx!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdo23 View Post
Thx!
You're welcome. I really liked this movie.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Two James Cagney pilot movies. One wherein he was test flying a plane with de-icers through a snow storm, and another wherein he had to ram an enemy fighter head-on.
As already noted, the first is Operation Petticoat, which has everything you describe (i.e., there was only one movie, not two). They weren't trying to fool the Germans; IIRC, they were sending a message to a US ship that had mistaken them for a Japanese submarine.

I believe the other two scenes are also from one movie, Captains of the Clouds. IIRC, Cagney and Alan Hale Sr are former test pilots who ferry bombers across the Atlantic for the RCAF.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Maybe I've already posted this, maybe not:

In the summer of 1967, I saw a movie on late-night TV that was obviously a European import. I believe it was Swedish with English dubbing. It was about a zany bunch of soldiers dressed in what looked like WWII British uniforms, but with Swedish (I think) flags sewn on their shoulders (or maybe the flags were UN instead of Swedish).

The only scene I remember takes place when they go on leave in the country: A horny soldier spies a really stacked half-nude babe striking poses at the end of a pier over a forested lake. He lets out a whoop and goes clumping down the length of the pier to get his jollies. He reaches the girl and spins her around, but her face is train-stopping ugly. Hilarity ensues as he backs off in shock and falls into the lake.

Ring any bells?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
I believe the other two scenes are also from one movie, Captains of the Clouds. IIRC, Cagney and Alan Hale Sr are former test pilots who ferry bombers across the Atlantic for the RCAF.
The theme for this movie was used many times in Warner Bros. cartoons; you would probably recognize it instantly if you heard it.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
The theme for this movie was used many times in Warner Bros. cartoons; you would probably recognize it instantly if you heard it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QakxXMDnhIM
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 PM

There's this movies i once saw back in 2008
Some friends went to a vacation at an isolated house while at they house they come across an old book with a cursed black eye that immediately plants itself into the guy and he starts killing his friends . once the person with the eyes is killed it passes unto the killer whose instinct now is to continue killing....all friends die after the girl who last had the eye killed herself so it will not pass on to her last friend who was the only guy to survive.....
Old 04-29-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel View Post
There's this movies i once saw back in 2008
Some friends went to a vacation at an isolated house while at they house they come across an old book with a cursed black eye that immediately plants itself into the guy and he starts killing his friends . once the person with the eyes is killed it passes unto the killer whose instinct now is to continue killing....all friends die after the girl who last had the eye killed herself so it will not pass on to her last friend who was the only guy to survive.....
Sounds like Nine Lives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Lives_(2002_film)
Old 05-11-2016, 02:07 AM

I've been trying to figure out this movie for years

I saw a movie in the early to mid 70s when I was about 8, but I think the movie was actually from the early 60s or mid 50s, or maybe even earlier than that. I saw it on TV, but I don't think it was a made for TV movie. I think I remember it being black and white, but I'm not entirely sure. Unfortunately, I can recall very little about the movie, but I have always remembered the beginning of it, and it's kind of haunted me ever since. I'm dying to know what movie it was. Anyway, in the opening scene, a young married couple is on a fairly secluded beach with their 2 young children. They seem to be on vacation or on a trip to go visit friends, or relatives and this is just a stop along the way during their road trip across country (or wherever). I think I remember the children being a boy and girl somewhere between 5 and 8 years old. There is not much dialogue in the opening scene, but the kids go into the ocean while the parents stay on the beach. The surf gets rough (or maybe a sudden storm comes), and both kids drown. I remember the scene being very dramatic while the Dad (or maybe both parents) tries to rescue the kids, but can't get to them in time and I think their bodies are never found. The next scene shows the parents (presumably a few days later) arriving on the doorstep of their destination (the friend or relative's house - it might have even been the children's grandparents) and the friends answering the door and when noticing the children aren't there, asking kind of puzzled, but light heartedly "Where are {so and so} and {so and so}?" Then the parents both kind of look down at their feet, sort of shift their weight back and forth uncomfortably, and each say one right after the other (but almost simultaneously) "Dead." "Dead." Almost matter of factly, with not much emotion, (like they are numb, understandably), while still standing there awkwardly on the doorstep. Now I don't really remember anything else about this movie. Heck, it might have even been an old Twilight Zone or something for all I know, but I really remember it as being a movie. As I said, I think I saw it once when I was about 7, more than 40 years ago. If anyone can give me any clue what this movie was, I would be grateful.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

I saw this movie on British TV circa 1975. It was probably fairly recent at the time.

I was pretty young and I don't remember a lot about it.

A man is on death row. I think the crime was espionage or treason rather than murder. I also think the character was implied to be innocent. Maybe it was two men. While going through appeals he plays a lot of chess. Eventually he goes to the electric chair.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:52 AM

help?!

Not sure I particularly liked this movie but it appears in my head randomly and it's driving me mad!!!!

There's some children who live near a beach. A fat (maybe blonde) kid wants to hang out with them but they don't like him.... they tell him they will hang out with him at the beach. They don't go but he does.... he goes alone and can't swim but goes into the sea. He drowns and everybody blames the kids because they didn't turn up when they said they would.

Probably nonsense.. anyone?!
Old 05-19-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I saw a movie in the mid-1970's. It was shown in my school, but I've never seen it anywhere else. It was in color, and the plot was about Loch Ness (or possibly some lake that was just like it but in the U.S.) which was supposed to have a legendary monster in it. A businessman was buying up land around the loch (lake) and to save their homes or preserve the environment or something, a boy and a girl pretended that they'd seen the monster, which got a lot of publicity. (I don't think they built a fake monster, I'm a big fan of the book The Mad Scientists' Club and would have recognized that plot.) Anyway, the businessman was suspicious, and followed the kids (who were in a rowboat) in a rowboat of his own, and somehow found proof that they were lying. (Maybe they did make a fake monster?) He loudly rejoiced that, "There's no monster in this lake!" (Or something.) Needless to say, the next shot was of a sea monster angrily lifting up its head from the lake floor, surfacing, and scaring the living daylights out of the businessman. He gave up his plan (don't think he died) and the day was saved.

Any ideas?
Sounds like something I saw on that Kukla Fran and Ollie show that aired late in the Saturday morning cartoon rotation
Old 05-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

^^Sounds like The Johnstown Monster (1971). But maybe not.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepug View Post
Well, I don't know if I can honestly state that I actually liked the film I'm going to attempt to describe (except maybe at a certain level), but it sure has stuck in my head for a long time! Scenario: my dad and I watching it on HBO (or Showtime) back in either 1978 or 1979 (when I was 11 or 12). IIRC the plot (if that's what you want to call it) had to do with two young women (mid-20ish) making a "house call," if you will, and basically "forcing" an older man to engage in some rather kinky sexual acts with him. I don't remember how long the movie was although I seem to recall that it wasn't particularly long. Also, that my mother, who caught us watching it together more than once, was NOT happy about me seeing it (come to think of it she probably wasn't all that thrilled that my dad was watching it, either. But then my mom always has been somewhat of a prude). I tried posting a question about it on IMDB once and I don't think it's ever been answered. If anybody on the SDMB saw a movie back then that they think is the one I attempted to describe and they can remember the name of it and are interested in letting me know what that name is it would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!
I think the movie you describe is Death Game, 1977, with Seymour Cassel, Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp. I actually have it on VHS.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Around 1964.

There was this beautiful blonde "Jungle Girl".

She may have grown up in the jungle from a small child.

My pubescent friends and I went crazy over a turning-point scene when some folks from "civilization" approached her habitat and she fled. Reason: She climbed up in a tree and the leaves just BARELY covered her. She didn't go around nude but apparently had just been bathing.

Ahh, nostalgia. Bare naked ladies (and I don't mean the band) were quite a mystery to me back then.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowthorn69 View Post
I think the movie you describe is Death Game, 1977, with Seymour Cassel, Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp. I actually have it on VHS.
Looks like it's on YouTube.
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq4ItcZaNF4
Movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpvmNzYdI8
Old 05-20-2016, 04:02 PM

Animation short about an old man with a magic box.

I can't remember the title of a fascinating animated short I once saw about an old man who found an old box. The box seemed to contain the very world that the man lived in and what ever he did to the box happened to the world. So if he placed his hand in the box, an enormous hand that looked just like his own would appear in the sky.
Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Of have I dreamt the whole thing?