Old 05-20-2016, 04:09 PM

Early 80s(?) teen beach romp movie. All I remember of it is that the kids (early college) were staying in the beach house of one of the teen-bimbo's dad. Someone stashed pot in his sauna (the dry kind, not the wet kind) and when dad turns it on, dad* gets wasted and eventually boinks (no more than R rated) one of the teen bimbo's friends.

The movie was advertised as being funny. It lied!!!

*Dad looked vaguely like a taller Sonny Bono, the boinked bimbo was blond. I think.

Last edited by Fenris; 05-20-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Friends View Post
Around 1964.

There was this beautiful blonde "Jungle Girl".

She may have grown up in the jungle from a small child.

My pubescent friends and I went crazy over a turning-point scene when some folks from "civilization" approached her habitat and she fled. Reason: She climbed up in a tree and the leaves just BARELY covered her. She didn't go around nude but apparently had just been bathing.

Ahh, nostalgia. Bare naked ladies (and I don't mean the band) were quite a mystery to me back then.
Probably the German film Liane, Jungle Goddess (1956) or its sequel, Jungle Girl and the Slaver (1957)
Old 05-20-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Early 80s(?) teen beach romp movie. All I remember of it is that the kids (early college) were staying in the beach house of one of the teen-bimbo's dad. Someone stashed pot in his sauna (the dry kind, not the wet kind) and when dad turns it on, dad* gets wasted and eventually boinks (no more than R rated) one of the teen bimbo's friends.

*Dad looked vaguely like a taller Sonny Bono, the boinked bimbo was blond. I think.
Could it be The Beach Girls?
SPOILER:
Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Martyr View Post
Could it be The Beach Girls?
SPOILER:
It's not exactly how I remember it, but it has to be it. And damn...it looks dumber than I remember.

Thank you--that's been bugging me a little for 25+ years.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
It's not exactly how I remember it, but it has to be it. And damn...it looks dumber than I remember.

I'm shocked that this film was snubbed at Oscar time in 1982.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

That doesn't ring a bell with me with "The Beach Girls," although pot does play a role in the film.

I think the mom might have scored with one of the young guys, but I don't recall the dad. Something like that did happen in Hardbodies (1984), but I don't recall pot being involved.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:16 PM

My wife has a vague memory of a horror/thriller movie from the seventies: a woman, a pale, straight-haired blonde, leaves a baby with a family in a park. The family takes the baby home and raises it as theirs. Years go by. The kid starts bumping off family members one by one. She remembers "The Cookoo Bird" being specifically mentioned (which this movie is derived from).

The Mrs. Thinks she s seen the straight-haired blonde in some other films in that period, but she doesn't remember seeing any of the other actors in other stuff.

Does this movie sound familiar to anybody?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
My wife has a vague memory of a horror/thriller movie from the seventies: a woman, a pale, straight-haired blonde, leaves a baby with a family in a park. The family takes the baby home and raises it as theirs. Years go by. The kid starts bumping off family members one by one. She remembers "The Cookoo Bird" being specifically mentioned (which this movie is derived from).

The Mrs. Thinks she s seen the straight-haired blonde in some other films in that period, but she doesn't remember seeing any of the other actors in other stuff.

Does this movie sound familiar to anybody?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Was it The Godsend?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080802
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1doLuzQoQ
Old 06-23-2016, 09:51 AM

Looking for a a sci-fi movie

So there was this sci-fi movie when I was a kid so the movie was made between 1975s to 1991 at the max. It came on a few times never got the name.
There was aliens a killer alien that was very tall like 9 to 12 and could melt through walls and was on a killing spree through a city like new york, LA, or Chicago maybe Detroit.
Chasing it was male like a cop or P.I. and a female that looked human and was chasing it and knew everything about the killer. She was always telling the human male about the alien. I think it had one eye that glowed red I'm not sure.

What I know is they were chasing this alien that leave man-sized holes in brick walls and a trail of body. In one scene they are chasing it through a sewer and the male hero gets soaked when somebody above flushes a toilet.

Any help would be great!!!!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERNO BERSERKER View Post
There was aliens a killer alien that was very tall like 9 to 12 and could melt through walls and was on a killing spree through a city like new york, LA, or Chicago maybe Detroit.
Chasing it was male like a cop or P.I. and a female that looked human and was chasing it and knew everything about the killer. She was always telling the human male about the alien. I think it had one eye that glowed red I'm not sure.
If I had to guess (it's been awhile since I've seen any of it), I'd say Something Is Out There, from 1988, starring Maryam d'Abo as the alien helping the human cop. It was originally a miniseries (and later a series), but later recut and re-released as a TV movie.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:10 AM

Is there a thread for a movie that scared the crap outta me when I was kid but couldn't remember its title?
If not, if I can briefly hijack -

I think it was the second film I saw in a theatre, when I was maybe six?
My mom took me to "Light At the Edge of the World", thinking it be would just another pirate film, this one with Kirk Douglas and Yul Brynner, so, it's gotta be all glossy with charismatic swashbuckling, right?

Um.....still have memories of a close-up of a woman getting stabbed in her bloodied chest, and buddy tied up to the ship's masts while bad guy Yul - sitting leisurely (and lol chomping on an apple, in reference to another recent thread) - shreds buddy's chest to bits via a long pole with sharp hooks on the end. And there's someone else who had to hold his breath, floating in the water of a wrecked, ransacked boat, and pretend he was dead as marauding pirates went around making sure everyone was dead. For years afterwards whenever I was underwater I'd think about the fake drowner, hoping I looked dead.

Saw it when it first came out in '71 and it was maybe ten years ago that I finally tracked down its title.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:10 PM

I doubt that anything definitive can be had unless I screen through each suggestion, because I only remember the genre-hook:

Mid 60's: biker gang California-ish, terrorizes helpless white middle class family with kids in convertible--all I remember are the scenes on the highway. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:15 PM

Man, there were a lot of those.

Maybe, "Hell's Angels on Wheels"?

Last edited by burpo the wonder mutt; 06-27-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

This thread has been around for a while. (Great idea for a thread, btw, Zeldar! I had been thinking of posting such a thread myself.)

I had one that had been shown to me twice, the first time in kindergarten. I was like 4. They introduced it as an "English film." I didn't grasp at first that English meant a whole other country. I only knew it as the language we spoke. When the film ran, I got really puzzled... because it was almost impossible for little me who'd never traveled farther than Ontario to understand the accents... what did English really mean if I couldn't understand them speaking English? So that was the beginning of my understanding of the big wide world of humans, really. I could name countries on the map, but hadn't had any inkling how different people could be. Even English speakers.

But then I found out on my own what movie I had been thinking of: The Salvage Gang. Turns out it had been made in 1958, the year before I was born, and was remarkably progressive for its era: the casting had black and white, girls as well as boys, all equal as protagonists. Pleasant surprise. So I just had to include a shoutout for the Salvage Gang. Now, then,

In 4th grade in 1968 the nun showed us an anti-racism movie. Started with a redneck father and son driving on a remote country road down South. Their pickup truck breaks down. The dad has no choice but to walk all day long to the nearest mechanic, then wait until morning for the shop to open. The kid can't walk so far, so the dad asks the nearest residents if sonny can crash with them for the night.

The family was Black.

Dad don't like it but he leaves junior there and walks. The white kid makes friends with the black kid his age and sits down to dinner with them and everybody has a great time. Except they're worried their farm hasn't gotten enough rain. Next thing you know the clouds burst and everybody runs out into the cornfield, whooping, dancing, and jubilating, and race problems seem a million miles away.

Then Pops comes back in the repaired pickup and offers the folks money, but they won't take it and they tell him he has a fine boy there. As they're driving away, the dad turns to the boy and asks, "So how was it in that nigger house?" The movie ends there and leaves you just marinating in that last line...

What movie was that?

Last edited by Johanna; 06-28-2016 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add URL
Old 07-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Young boy imagines snow muffling sound, but it's actually mental illness.

In the ~1960's short film I'm trying to find the name of (and a source) involves a young boy hears less and less of the postman's steps every morning, as the boy lay in bed, until he does not hear them at all. We learn later that the boy is withdrawing into a mental illness, and the snow muffling the sound is just imagined by the boy. At the end, a doctor is consulting with a concerned parent over the diminishing condition of the boy.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:03 PM

Horror movie, seen I believe in the late 70s. One scene scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Some teens went into a haunted house and got separated. Later, found one of their number, now totally insane, with scratches all over him, wandering around in a little circle in a dark room and staring up at an empty light socket.

Anyone know this movie?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Bloom View Post
I doubt that anything definitive can be had unless I screen through each suggestion, because I only remember the genre-hook:

Mid 60's: biker gang California-ish, terrorizes helpless white middle class family with kids in convertible--all I remember are the scenes on the highway. Scared the crap out of me.
Hot Rods to Hell
Old 07-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Did "The Beach Girls" have a subplot where pot smugglers had to ditch their cargo at sea resulting in bales of the stuff washing up on the beach in question? If so, I saw that one, if not what was that movie?
Old 07-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
In the ~1960's short film I'm trying to find the name of (and a source) involves a young boy hears less and less of the postman's steps every morning, as the boy lay in bed, until he does not hear them at all. We learn later that the boy is withdrawing into a mental illness, and the snow muffling the sound is just imagined by the boy. At the end, a doctor is consulting with a concerned parent over the diminishing condition of the boy.
Silent Snow, Secret Snow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjiTjnNnE90

Also made into an episode of the TV show, Night Gallery, with Orson Welles narrating, so you may be remembering that version.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Did "The Beach Girls" have a subplot where pot smugglers had to ditch their cargo at sea resulting in bales of the stuff washing up on the beach in question? If so, I saw that one, if not what was that movie?
Yup. "Beach Girls."
Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mapp View Post

Also made into an episode of the TV show, Night Gallery, with Orson Welles narrating, so you may be remembering that version.
The plot description here sounds right https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Snow,_Secret_Snow
Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mapp View Post

Miss Mapp, Yes, thank you, that's the film, Slient Snow, Secret Snow! And you gave me two version!
Thanks.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:33 AM

I've got one, been bothering me for years and years. It was a cartoon from i'd say the mid 90's. The only bit I remember from it was a part of an episode. The two people were in an underwater base and i believe it was flooding. The boy was african-american and used a submarine. The main guy was a white guy who when he was in water, transformed in to something akin to Venom from Spiderman. I remember the guy putting the kid in to the submarine to protect him and the water rising while the guy slowly transformed, i believe he was injured. I at first thought it was Mako from tigersharks but its not quite him because the animation was more advanced than tigersharks, he didnt need the 'fish tank' to transform and he looks different like i said. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me insane
Old 07-25-2016, 09:00 PM

Hello all,

I have a very vague memory of a film I watched when I was a kid, probably 5 or 6 years old.
It's an old movie, comedy, black and white. I don't remember much, but the protagonist was with maybe a psychiatrist? or a friend where the latter takes him back to some stages/memories of his life and made him relive the experience to get some answers or solve something-probably through hypnosis. I remember the protagonist acting like a baby in a man's body when the "psychiatrist" took him back to his early childhood.

Also, there was a scene "maybe" that has lots of foam in a room/hall and everybody slipped and fell or something like that. I'm also pretty sure that the hero had a girl whom he liked. Dunno if she's a girlfriend or a fiancé or anything else.
I know I don't remember most of the details, but this is what I got

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 PM

Kids movie in mid to late 1980's?

All I remember it was a boy & girl about 12 and they were in a row boat on a small lake and the weather was great , but what was so memorable was the great piano music while the camera was filming them from about 50 feet away
Old 10-12-2016, 01:55 PM

1) Desert chase, almost no dialogue... 2) Paul Newman type in Mexico comedy...

Hi --

I've been searching for 2 films I saw on TV about 25 years ago. These were definitely 1960s/70s films, though.

1) Desert chase...

Two men--one a sheriff, one a bandit being chased--wind up in a desert and as the elements start wearing the sheriff down, the bandit comes to his rescue. When he recovers, the chase begins again, and then the opposite takes place where the sheriff helps the ailing bandit, and so it goes. It was beautifully filmed, incredibly told with little dialogue, and I've not been able to find it since.

2) Paul Newman (and Raquel Welch?) types in Mexican comedy...

Paul Newman gets off a train and finds himself with a Mexican family only to find that there is a stunningly beautiful young woman in the household who is a nymphomaniac. I think they marry, and once consummated--again and again and again--he can't take anymore and gets out of Dodge. It ends ok, though, since she goes off with a team of acrobats who might actually possibly be able to satisfy her passions.

Either sound familiar? Or did I dream them?

Last edited by DayleVS; 10-12-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino. View Post
Hello all,

I have a very vague memory of a film I watched when I was a kid, probably 5 or 6 years old.
It's an old movie, comedy, black and white. I don't remember much, but the protagonist was with maybe a psychiatrist? or a friend where the latter takes him back to some stages/memories of his life and made him relive the experience to get some answers or solve something-probably through hypnosis. I remember the protagonist acting like a baby in a man's body when the "psychiatrist" took him back to his early childhood. .
I don't know if its what you saw, but this happens in an episode of The Prisoner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1_8sTCXQU&t=14m20s
Old 10-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Twice forgotten by me, since I think I've asked about this on the Dope and got an answer. Searching has not found a thread with my description, though.

This was almost like a James Bond incident. A guy, main protagonist, is put through a series of "death rooms", basically. The clearest memory is that he is in a room with candles. However, when you blow out the candles, they explode. He gets out of this one by putting all the candles by the locked door and using bellows to blow out a lot of them together, which causes an explosion that breaks the door down.

He is communicated with by the villain though, I think, speakers(possible a tv screen, too).

Was this an episode of the Prisoner or a movie I have forgotten? I saw it on TV in the late 80's.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:39 PM

Gambling/sports Asian movie........

I cannot recall specific names of characters. But the movie has to do with Hong Kong gambling and some soccer match between Germany and Brazil - the 2002 World Cup.

There is a gambling tournament where the entry fee is $1 million and the prize for the winner is $1 billion. The first round of the tournament is baccarat, where only one out of eight gamblers will advance.

At some point, gambling on the 2002 World Cup got involved in the plot. One of the movie's characters placed a $45 million bet on Germany beating Brazil. During the game, someone showed the villains video footage of Ronaldo, the Brazilian striker, curling up in the locker room in apparent pain, and was told that Ronaldo was cramping and that he had been poisoned. This causes the villains to lose confidence in Brazil winning the game. The $45 million bet is declared to be withdrawn.

But then someone emerges wearing a Brazilian jersey - a man resembling Ronaldo - and it is gleefully proclaimed that he was faking the video, pretending to be "the cramping Ronaldo" - in order to fool the bad guys. The bad-guy boss, miffed now, still declares that the good guys have still lost their $45 million bet on Germany, but one of his minions reminds the bad boss that he had just rescinded that very bet. The movie's hero then reveals that he himself is also wearing a Brazil football jersey underneath.

The hero's girlfriend, awed, says that she will never object to the hero gambling again, but the hero, while thanking her for that, says that he doesn't think he will continue his gambling in the future.

Last edited by Velocity; 10-12-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
. However, when you blow out the candles, they explode....

Was this an episode of the Prisoner or a movie I have forgotten? I saw it on TV in the late 80's.

The Prisoner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuZejtdJSPs&t=27m28s
Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Thank you , and your answer confirms I must have been told this before but forgot again.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:07 AM

Childhood movie

When did it come out? late 90's early 00's
Who was in it? i don't know
What plot if any do you remember? It was about a teenage actress who goes back home after being away for la film and has to go back to school. She goes through the typical teenage character building. going from a self important actress to a more humble girl.
What was special to you about it?
I just can't remember the name and it's been bugging me for years
Any other clues you can think of?
The cover was a heap of stars with her face in the middle of the biggest star. Her name was part of the title. But I'm pretty sure it was one word like haylywood. something like that. they perform a school play of Romeo and Juliet. it starts off with them on a plane heading home.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:54 AM

Here's one that has stumped me for over 10 years:

When seen: Early 1960s

Genre: It was a Sinbad voyage or similar, much of the action occurred on ships

Locale: Like Sinbad, it was set in a vague middle-Eastern location

Plot: There's a nefarious vizier or wizard who (as usual) wants to find something of great value (vague, I know)

Memorable Scene: The evil vizier or wizard creates an automaton or life-size doll in the shape of a beautiful woman, As I recall, she is dressed in a costume similar to that of a belly-dancer (overflowing halter, harem pants, bare midriff). The purpose of the automaton is to assassinate a king or emperor. It will do so by hugging the victim tightly. In order to test his creation, the vizier calls in some innocent guard and tells him, "Hey, this beautiful woman would like to meet you." The guard is obviously pleased and walks right over, only to be embraced to death! He-heh! The entire time, the expression on the automaton's face never changes.

I remember this one scene because it was quite terrifying to me at my age to see a beautiful "woman" killing some poor innocent guy. I have literally (in the proper sense) gone through the IMDB lists of fantasy movies for this period and can't seem to identify it. As I recall, the production was typical of many 1960s fantasy movies. I don't remember if there were any Harryhausen effects or much else about it.

Help! This drives me nuts!

Last edited by ZonexandScout; 12-01-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 AM

Kid was kidnapped. Movie was probably 80s, saw it in 1989 on TV. Most interesting line was one of the kidnappers saying to the other, "What goes through a bug's mind when it hits your windshield? His ass!"
Old 12-01-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino. View Post
Hello all,

It's an old movie, comedy, black and white. I don't remember much, but the protagonist was with maybe a psychiatrist? or a friend where the latter takes him back to some stages/memories of his life and made him relive the experience to get some answers or solve something-probably through hypnosis. I remember the protagonist acting like a baby in a man's body when the "psychiatrist" took him back to his early childhood.

Also, there was a scene "maybe" that has lots of foam in a room/hall and everybody slipped and fell or something like that. I'm also pretty sure that the hero had a girl whom he liked. Dunno if she's a girlfriend or a fiancé or anything else.
I know I don't remember most of the details, but this is what I got

Thanks in advance.
Not a comedy, but you might be thinking of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freud:_The_Secret_Passion

David McCallum was taken back to his infancy, and Susannah York's father died in a brothel.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
This thread has been around for a while. (Great idea for a thread, btw, Zeldar! I had been thinking of posting such a thread myself.)

I had one that had been shown to me twice, the first time in kindergarten. I was like 4. They introduced it as an "English film." I didn't grasp at first that English meant a whole other country. I only knew it as the language we spoke. When the film ran, I got really puzzled... because it was almost impossible for little me who'd never traveled farther than Ontario to understand the accents... what did English really mean if I couldn't understand them speaking English? So that was the beginning of my understanding of the big wide world of humans, really. I could name countries on the map, but hadn't had any inkling how different people could be. Even English speakers.

But then I found out on my own what movie I had been thinking of: The Salvage Gang. Turns out it had been made in 1958, the year before I was born, and was remarkably progressive for its era: the casting had black and white, girls as well as boys, all equal as protagonists. Pleasant surprise. So I just had to include a shoutout for the Salvage Gang.
I saw this movie one afternoon in class when I was in the sixth grade, and it made a great impression on me. I too wished I could be in a gang like the one in the film!

For years I wondered what the title was, and it wasn't until fairly recently that I found it on the Internet.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
David McCallum was taken back to his infancy.
Well, early childhood at least. In his hypnotic state, he was old enough to say "Mother."
Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendarii Dame View Post
I saw a movie in the mid-1970's. It was shown in my school, but I've never seen it anywhere else. It was in color, and the plot was about Loch Ness (or possibly some lake that was just like it but in the U.S.) which was supposed to have a legendary monster in it. A businessman was buying up land around the loch (lake) and to save their homes or preserve the environment or something, a boy and a girl pretended that they'd seen the monster, which got a lot of publicity. (I don't think they built a fake monster, I'm a big fan of the book The Mad Scientists' Club and would have recognized that plot.) Anyway, the businessman was suspicious, and followed the kids (who were in a rowboat) in a rowboat of his own, and somehow found proof that they were lying. (Maybe they did make a fake monster?) He loudly rejoiced that, "There's no monster in this lake!" (Or something.) Needless to say, the next shot was of a sea monster angrily lifting up its head from the lake floor, surfacing, and scaring the living daylights out of the businessman. He gave up his plan (don't think he died) and the day was saved.

Any ideas?
Disney made a film called The Strange Sea Monster of Strawberry Lake supposedly based on the work of Bertrand Brinley. It was on TV when I was maybe 14 or 15, which would put it around 1969--70.

It was a very, very loose adaptation of the story. I watched maybe ten minutes of it and then switched it off when I realized it was nothing like the chapter in the book. All I remember was that Burgess Meredith (!) seemed to be the main character and was all stoked up about something being in the lake.

Last edited by terentii; 12-01-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

Year: Who knows? 1950s? Early 1960s?
Some sort of Middle Eastern/Arabian setting.
One of the characters stabs another on the other side of a curtain.
Later someone asks "Where is An-Kabar?" The response: "An-Kabar is dead."

I would have seen it on TV in the mid to late 1960s.

(As a kid, I remember hearing it as "Un-Kabar," but that's probably not currect.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
Kid was kidnapped. Movie was probably 80s, saw it in 1989 on TV. Most interesting line was one of the kidnappers saying to the other, "What goes through a bug's mind when it hits your windshield? His ass!"
Easy google. It is a movie called Cohen and Tate.

Last edited by Darren Garrison; 12-01-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:49 PM

I've been doing that search for years and didn't get that information. But thank you, I'd like to see that one again.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Snake-Hips Tucker View Post
Year: Who knows? 1950s? Early 1960s?
Some sort of Middle Eastern/Arabian setting.
One of the characters stabs another on the other side of a curtain.
Later someone asks "Where is An-Kabar?" The response: "An-Kabar is dead."

I would have seen it on TV in the mid to late 1960s.

(As a kid, I remember hearing it as "Un-Kabar," but that's probably not currect.
I'm going out on a limb here and guess this was the Star Trek episode "Friday's Child," but there was no curtain involved. Aka-ar ("Leader of the Ten Tribes") was killed in battle during a revolt. However, they did live in tents with lots of rugs and tapestries scattered about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday...riginal_Series)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:

American Pie 2, maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pie_2
Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 PM

One large vehicle...an RV or a bus...is driving through the desert.

Not on a road, mind you, but on the sand itself.

To keep the wheels from sinking into the sand, a brigade of men putting mesh rails on the sand for the wheels to drive on the front, and picking the rails up from the back and putting them up front again.

I get the vibe they were government men.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
I've been doing that search for years and didn't get that information. But thank you, I'd like to see that one again.
I seem to have broke Google. Now, instead of showing an extensive series of links (including the IMDB one) the search terms reveal only this SDMB thread.

(ETA search still works if you remove the quotation marks. Worked with them before, though.)

Last edited by Darren Garrison; 12-02-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:14 AM

So I've got one that I have little hope will be answerable, but I'll toss it out there. This isn't a movie, I don't think, but some type of short piece. It was in the mid-1980s, and a couple of relatives were visiting my family and I was flipping through channels on the TV. I stopped on PBS (and I'm very sure it was PBS) where there some animation playing. I only remember it very vaguely, but it was pretty psychedelic, involving at at least one point weird creatures either eating each other or transforming into each other (IIRC, one of them was vaguely Q-Bert-like.) It seems like something that would have come from Yellow Submarine, but isn't from Yellow Submarine. I've been wondering about this one for many years, and have done all sorts of Google searches.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:57 AM

Allegro non Troppo
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...b1&action=view
Old 12-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Straight View Post
Thanks, that has to be it. I wasn't counting on an answer at all, much less one in half an hour!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Straight View Post
One large vehicle...an RV or a bus...is driving through the desert.

Not on a road, mind you, but on the sand itself.

To keep the wheels from sinking into the sand, a brigade of men putting mesh rails on the sand for the wheels to drive on the front, and picking the rails up from the back and putting them up front again.

I get the vibe they were government men.
This might be a scene from Play Dirty.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:12 AM

Here is one I have never been able to track down. It was a short film shown on 16mm sometime before 1978 at school because of Halloween. The short is about a new kids game called "Invasion" and the adults become increasingly paranoid as the film progresses. The final scene, I think, was of a parent hiding perhaps in a closet, their child trying to find them and slowly opening the door.