Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
The Zeroeth Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha
I was out in the field yesterday, this was too good to pass up, had to snap a pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41983136@N00/?saved=1

Insidious.
This means that someone is finally going to have to come up with an answer to the timeless question, "What happens when you cross bacon with bacon?"
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 PM

It's been a while since I actually ordered my three pack, but I've failed in my responsibility to report it in the official thread.

Hi. My name is Projammer and I use Bacon Salt.

I'll probably be ordering some more soon.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Alright, I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of the Bacon Salt. It just doesn't do it for me.

Please don't stone me.

StG
Old 09-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StGermain
Alright, I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of the Bacon Salt. It just doesn't do it for me.
That's all right, I've got mixed feelings about it, myself. It doesn't taste anything like bacon to me (more "smoke"), and while it's a pleasant enough seasoning, I don't think I'll be getting more when my 3-pack runs out.

And for the record, I put it on actual bacon the other day. I'm pretty sure most of central Oregon was destroyed in the resulting explosion.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
I can't speak for others, but I don't think you're a bad person. Simply misguided. Or unwell.

That said, I have only just now discovered the existence of this exquisite product and can't say for sure that I like it either.

Hmm.....

You know, you could mail me yours. I'd have absolutely no problem taking it off of your hands. None.

None.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Please don't stone me.

StG
I'm with you. I was completely underwhelmed. I only got the Pepper Bacon Salt, though, and to me, it tastes like the stuff you they put on BBQ potato chips. And I hate BBQ potato chips.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
The Zeroeth Mod

*sigh* This thread seems to be full of degenerates now.

I suppose all of the true Bacon Salt lovers have simply moved on to a higher plane at this point and are deaf to baseless criticism of the One True Food Product.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Well, I think the recipe contest is over soon. I did not have time to work on my recipes earlier in the contest so I was going to try and get them done in this past weekend. I was working on some recipes most of which involved my oven in some way. This past weekend I discovered that my oven is insane, I hadn't really been using it much this summer so I wasn't aware. I have an oven thermometer in there and I tried out one recipe and it never came up to temp. It finally managed to cook at a lower temp but not what I'd want to put on a recipe. So later in the day I preheat the oven and it goes beyond the temp I set it all the way up to 500 degrees and it's starting to smoke. I turn it way down, let it cool a bit and try my recipe anyway but it was still too hot and it burned. I did have a couple ideas for stove top recipes but by that point I was too frustrated to continue. I decided I needed to find a contest with a new oven as the prize. Oh well, I probably would not have won anyway, but if I had I would have been generous with my Bacon Salt, sending some to the less fortunate.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
The Turtle Moves!
Charter Member

BTW, BaconSalt in a Bloody Mary is Bloody Marvelous!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus
BTW, BaconSalt in a Bloody Mary is Bloody Marvelous!

Preach it!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies is offline

I am quite enjoying mine, but since my partner is a bacon-salt-doubting-heathen who doesn't like the smell, I have already gotten out of the habit of remembering that I have it to use on whatever I'm eating when she's not around to oppress my bacony rights.

Give me bacon liberty or give me death!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Bacon Salt has come to the attention of CNET.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular1
I'm with you. I was completely underwhelmed. I only got the Pepper Bacon Salt, though, and to me, it tastes like the stuff you they put on BBQ potato chips. And I hate BBQ potato chips.
If you had to get only one...you got the wrong one. The Peppered Bacon Salt is my least favorite of the three. Hickory is the best.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM

Mine arrived this morning, and I shit you not, I'm in Bacon heaven!

I tried all three flavors on a tomato from my garden, and it was fantastic!
I made up some scrambled eggs, used the Peppered Bacon Salt in them, and they were delicious.
My husband is away, but I had to call him to let him know that it had arrived, and he's all atwitter with anticipation.

I know that I'll be ordering more of this stuff. I love all three flavors, but I think I like the Hickory the best.

Last edited by nonacetone; 10-01-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Go figure, the pepper flavor is my absolute favorite. Then again, I'm a serial pepperer, so this way I get my saltiness, bacon and peppery goodness all in one.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 PM

(Apologies if this has been mentioned.)

To wash down your Bacon-salted whatever, how about some Bacon Cofee?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies is offline

It's a miracle! I shall never doubt again...

The other night Mrs. WeHaveCookies decided to make some homemade mac and cheese with a new recipe.

We stopped at a store on the way home from work. I noticed her buying swiss cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and shell pasta. We already had some sharp cheddar at the house. While I prepared to pan fry some chicken tenders, she pulled a bubbling casserole of mac and cheese made with the above ingredients. It was alright. A bit heavy on the cheese and needed some seasoning of some kind. But we ate it, and put all of the leftovers in the fridge, while plotting that it would be better as leftovers mixed with some ground beef. So we pulled some of our extra lean, grass-fed, ground beef out of the fridge to thaw for tonight's dinner.

While the wife-in-lesbian-sin was snoring through her post-work nap, I took the opportunity to sneak Bacon Salt into her food for the first time. I added liberal dashes to the pan of the Pepper variety as I browned the ground beef. The unmistakable and heavenly aroma filled the kitchen. Worried that the smell would wake her into a bacon-salt-hating rage (and because it sounded good) I sprinkled some powdered sage into the pan as well. Once the beef was cooked, I spooned in all of the leftover mac and cheese and let it get nice and hot and melty while I stirred the mix together.

We ate our glorified leftovers in different rooms, as I was watching a movie and she was futzing with her computer. She came in and asked, "What did you season the beef with?"

"Do you like it?", I asked, tentatively.

"Yeah, it is really goo-"

"BACON SALT!!!!! HAAA!!!!"

"Nooooooo!!!" she yelled as she fell across my legs, laughing as I lay on the bed in victorious repose.

Apparently she awoke a few times while I was cooking and thought it smelled like venison. *shrug*

All I know is I WIN!!!!!!!!

ahem
Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 PM
The Zeroeth Mod

*wipes tears from eyes*

You? You're my new best friend.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:53 AM

I used some Peppered Bacon Salt in the mashed potatoes yesterday, and it was glorious! The people that live here (husband, daughter, assorted daughter's friends that were visiting, and my grandmother) demanded that I use it every time mashed potatoes are on the menu.
I also used some of the Hickory Bacon Salt on the cubed steaks that I made, and it was very well received by all.
My husband has also discovered the wonders of Original Bacon Salt on sliced tomatoes from my garden.

I DO hope they start offering this stuff in larger containers, as I'll be ordering it quite often!

As a last note regarding the Bacon Salt...Two of the teenagers that were here yesterday have taken the website address home to their parents, wherein they will demand Bacon Salt as stocking stuffers for Christmas, which, they informed me, they will not be sharing with their families. One put it this way, "If they want any, they'll have to get their own, because they're NOT getting any of mine!"

I have 'opened the eyes' of the younger generation to this wonderful, tasty treat.
Oh, the sheer joy of it all!

I'm sure I'll get into Heaven now, by the way.

Last edited by nonacetone; 10-05-2007 at 07:54 AM.