Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
I don't know who Sharyl Attkison is, but Trump is relying on him/her to tell him it's time to pull federal workers out of Puerto Rico.
"Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of.....
...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend....
...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28456869916672
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...30769776914432
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32809282342912
She's a TV talking head for Sinclair Broadcasting.
Advertisements  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I don't know who Sharyl Attkison is, but Trump is relying on him/her to tell him it's time to pull federal workers out of Puerto Rico.
"Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of.....
...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend....
...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28456869916672
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...30769776914432
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32809282342912
I'm calling attention to this. It's important. Puerto Rico is part of the United States, for fuck's sake. These are American citizens.

Ninja'd.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 10-12-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Trump is set to make Mexico a long-term enemy of the US and he's making Trudeau look like a weakling and embarrassing Canada in the process.
That wasn't my impression - rather Trump was embarrassing himself and Trudeau was acting like an adult in the presence of a whining child - don't wast time arguing, keep calm, use your indoor voice.
Muad'Dib - DAMN YOU BRYAN EKERS !!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
That wasn't my impression - rather Trump was embarrassing himself and Trudeau was acting like an adult in the presence of a whining child - don't wast time arguing, keep calm, use your indoor voice.
I agree. The only person Trump ever puts in an embarrassing light or makes a fool of is himself, but I don't think he's capable of feeling embarrassed or foolish.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr4 View Post
I hope this is satire. Because this is exactly what Democrats are doing wrong - relying on individual candidates rather than strategic moves to gain power. Just find the right Presidential candidate and all will be well?? Sure, maybe you win the Presidency, but you lose seats in Congress, lose state Governor races, lose state legislature races, you end up letting Republicans rewrite congressional districts.
They should be doing both - working top-down AND bottom-up.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
I agree. The only person Trump ever puts in an embarrassing light or makes a fool of is himself,
It is?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 10-12-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
What strategic moves are you referring to here? Can you list a few moves that you think the Democrats should be making right now that they aren't already doing? I mean we're not going to reach out to Russia for help or anything like that obviously.
I think this is a real problem for the Democrats. Trump is so abysmally terrible he's drawing attention away from the way so many other Republicans are just normally terrible.

The Republican Party is more than Donald Trump. The Republican Party is Spiro Agnew, Joe Arpaio, Michele Bachmann, Joe Barton, John Boehner, Sam Brownback, George W. Bush, Earl Butz, Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Jason Chaffetz, Dick Cheney, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Michael Deaver, Tom DeLay, Carly Fiorina, Mark Foley, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Louie Gohmert, Michael Grimm, H.R. Haldeman, Dennis Hastert, Jesse Helms, Mike Huckabee, Steve King, Henry Kissinger, John Kyl, Paul LePage, Jerry Lewis, Trent Lott, Buz Lukens, Mitch McConnell, Ed Meese, John Mitchell, Roy Moore, Richard Nixon, Lyn Nofziger, Oliver North, Melvyn Paisley, Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, Mike Pence, Rick Perry, John Poindexter, William Rehnquist, Hal Rogers, Karl Rove, Marco Rubio, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Ryan, Dan Quayle, Rick Santorum, Antonin Scalia, James Sensenbrenner, Tom Tancredo, Clarence Thomas, Cathi Villalpando, David Vitter, Scott Walker, James Watt, Caspar Weinberger, Curt Weldon, and Don Young. People need to start asking if maybe there's a pattern here.

Because the pattern says that the next Republican President will be worse than Trump.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM

Maxine Waters grills Ben Carson on Trump's Puerto Rico tweets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cpnhtdrjfk
Old 10-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
The article states that he was in a hangar at the time. No requirement to stand while in a building.

I hate the piece shit, but let’s save our ire for things that deserve it.
https://www.army.mil/article/153511/...sacred_meaning
Civilians are also expected to stop and honor the flag. The only differences are they should remove headgear and place their right hand over their heart.

People traveling in vehicles or who are indoors are no exception. Drivers should stop, dismount, and render proper salute at the start of "Retreat" and "Reveille." Busses and military vehicles carrying multiple personnel do not need to unload; only the individual in charge of the vehicle should dismount and render salute. Personnel indoors should face the music's direction and stand at attention until its conclusion.
:shrug:

It's all hogwash anyway.
No one actually cares wtf Trump does in this regard.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Jesus. He sounded like he was stoned.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Wouldn't you be?
-- Dave Berry, "25 Things I Have Learned in 50 Years"
Old 10-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The problem being you can't see the scorch marks.

Wow. A stretch handbasket. With a driver.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotX View Post
Civilians are also expected to stop and honor the flag. The only differences are they should remove headgear and place their right hand over their heart.

People traveling in vehicles or who are indoors are no exception. Drivers should stop, dismount, and render proper salute at the start of "Retreat" and "Reveille." Busses and military vehicles carrying multiple personnel do not need to unload; only the individual in charge of the vehicle should dismount and render salute. Personnel indoors should face the music's direction and stand at attention until its conclusion.

It's all hogwash anyway.
He went to a military high school, didn't he?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Because the pattern says that the next Republican President will be worse than Trump.
Yes. It will be another corrupt, amoral exploiter--but one with an IQ above room temperature.

It's Rick Scott's for the taking.

Last edited by Sherrerd; 10-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:11 PM

He does have higher standards, and a better record for business ethics, and general sanity. 'Course, so does the Unabomber.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybaby Boobie View Post
And he thinks he's the equal of someone who actually served.

Snopes.
Quote:
In summation, Donald Trump did say that “I always felt like I was in the military” due to his education at a military academy. Trump also compared his military training at school to the military training of actual soldiers, but his exact phrasing of this sentiment was not provided by his biographer.
The fact is, he is, and always was, a civilian.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffster View Post
Liberals don't need to defeat Trump; they need to find a new leader that the population can get behind. Hillary wasn't it. Bernie could have been it. I think he was a better leader than Hillary proved to be.
It's hard to say how the 2018 and 2020 races will turn out. People may be wrong in assuming that Trump's lack of popularity beyond his base spells his doom -- I don't necessarily see it that way. If he can keep his conservative base happy, he has a chance to win, mainly because the Democrats are having a hard time figuring out how to run against Trump and how to stand together. The Obama coalition was a wider one, but it was also more fragile. Hillary Clinton couldn't keep it together, and I'm not sure Bernie would necessarily be able to do that either.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotX View Post

It's all hogwash anyway.
That’s an Army reg. I don't know what the DoD reg states, but the Air Force instructions requires those indoors to stand and salute when part of a formation.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think this is a real problem for the Democrats. Trump is so abysmally terrible he's drawing attention away from the way so many other Republicans are just normally terrible.

The Republican Party is more than Donald Trump. The Republican Party is Spiro Agnew, Joe Arpaio, Michele Bachmann, Joe Barton, John Boehner, Sam Brownback, George W. Bush, Earl Butz, Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Jason Chaffetz, Dick Cheney, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Michael Deaver, Tom DeLay, Carly Fiorina, Mark Foley, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Louie Gohmert, Michael Grimm, H.R. Haldeman, Dennis Hastert, Jesse Helms, Mike Huckabee, Steve King, Henry Kissinger, John Kyl, Paul LePage, Jerry Lewis, Trent Lott, Buz Lukens, Mitch McConnell, Ed Meese, John Mitchell, Roy Moore, Richard Nixon, Lyn Nofziger, Oliver North, Melvyn Paisley, Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, Mike Pence, Rick Perry, John Poindexter, William Rehnquist, Hal Rogers, Karl Rove, Marco Rubio, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Ryan, Dan Quayle, Rick Santorum, Antonin Scalia, James Sensenbrenner, Tom Tancredo, Clarence Thomas, Cathi Villalpando, David Vitter, Scott Walker, James Watt, Caspar Weinberger, Curt Weldon, and Don Young. People need to start asking if maybe there's a pattern here.

Why do you think I forbade the election of any more Republican Presidents?

I was prepared to accept responsibility for the planet falling into the sun, if it ever happened, provided the Pubbies were denied the White House forever. No more.

Also, you seem to be giving Little Ronnie Rea-shit a pass in the rogue's gallery listed above.* Any particular reason?

*I have to admit, putting them in alphabetical order was a nice touch.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
It's hard to say how the 2018 and 2020 races will turn out. People may be wrong in assuming that Trump's lack of popularity beyond his base spells his doom -- I don't necessarily see it that way. If he can keep his conservative base happy, he has a chance to win, mainly because the Democrats are having a hard time figuring out how to run against Trump and how to stand together. ...
Of course, it may not matter in the least what candidate the Democrats come up with, if the GOP is diligent enough about voter suppression.

An assist from Russian hackers (who, this time, may actually be able to change the machines) won't hurt, either. (The Russians know they have essentially zero chance of getting their cash via Magnitsky repeal, under a successful Democrat. Same goes for any hopes of a resumption of oil revenue using US technology. So they will go on supporting the GOP, despite less-than-perfect results from their pro-Trump efforts.)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
No, not stoned. You might be inclined, eventually, to say to him,
We're gonna get a little place.… We're gonna... we're gonna have a cow, and some pigs, and we're gonna have, maybe, maybe, a chicken. Down in the flat, we'll have a little field of ... field of alfalfa ... for the rabbits.
Can you see it, Bennie? Can you see it …
Old 10-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen such a long list where Nixon is the least reprehensible person on it.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Quote:
And he thinks he's the equal of someone who actually served.

Snopes.

Quote:
In summation, Donald Trump did say that “I always felt like I was in the military” due to his education at a military academy. Trump also compared his military training at school to the military training of actual soldiers, but his exact phrasing of this sentiment was not provided by his biographer.
The fact is, he is, and always was, a civilian.
Speaking as someone who went to that exact same military academy for more than a few years, if he's implying that that environment prepared him for anything more than picking up Poughkeepsie chicks: Hahahahahaha! Ha!

Ha!

Hahahahaha.... !! etc.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:

No Randall "Duke" Cunningham?
Old 10-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Forgot John Bolton
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
I don't think I've ever seen such a long list where Nixon is the least reprehensible person on it.
That's because Neil Gorsuch is omitted from the list.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Of course, it may not matter in the least what candidate the Democrats come up with, if the GOP is diligent enough about voter suppression.

An assist from Russian hackers (who, this time, may actually be able to change the machines) won't hurt, either. (The Russians know they have essentially zero chance of getting their cash via Magnitsky repeal, under a successful Democrat. Same goes for any hopes of a resumption of oil revenue using US technology. So they will go on supporting the GOP, despite less-than-perfect results from their pro-Trump efforts.)
Voter suppression is going to be a factor in some places, but there may be more to it than that. Trump's victory confounded the experts because it was assumed that we as a society had moved past the point where a racist campaign could win an election and that just relying on white voters wouldn't work for the GOP. Indeed, even the GOP bought into that with their 'post mortem' of the 2012 election.

But it actually did work. Trump used racial anxiety to win a campaign in a country that has racial anxieties. As it turned out, about 30-35% of the country is white and wants this to be a white man's country. Now that might not seem like an impressive number compared to Barack Obama's multi-ethnic coalition. The problem is that this white nationalist base, while a distinct minority, is united and motivated to vote. And they have a common cause that unites them in sending them to the polls. By contrast, the moderate and progressive coalition, while capable of winning every election, can be fractured.

There's talk of campaigning on economics, which is good. But the economy is still relatively strong and stable. Nobody really sees the economy as a problem, and that by the way is why I don't really buy into this conclusion that Hillary Clinton lost because she didn't talk about economics -- Hillary Clinton had more serious discussions about economics than Donald Trump did. But what Trump did do was to use economic fears of white nationalist Americans against the progressives by saying "My fellow white man, your job is going to be taken by someone who isn't American or isn't a "real" American." Whites have a greater fear of brown people taking over their country - that's a clear and present danger in their minds and Trump is their superman. By contrast, economic anxieties haven't really united progressives. If the 2016 election had really been about economics, as some pundits have said, Hillary Clinton -- flaws, warts, and all -- would have destroyed Trump. But it was never about economics; it was about white anxieties.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:44 PM

Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke has his own special flag staff on the roof of the Department's headquarters building. When he comes to the building, a special aide climbs to the roof and raises the Department flag. When he leaves the building, the aide goes and takes it down. If he's out of town, the flag stays down and only goes back up when he returns.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...98_story.html?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke has his own special flag staff on the roof of the Department's headquarters building. When he comes to the building, a special aide climbs to the roof and raises the Department flag. When he leaves the building, the aide goes and takes it down. If he's out of town, the flag stays down and only goes back up when he returns.
Just saw a story about this. I guess he thinks he's the Queen.

Jeezus, this is the stuff Dems should run on. No shortage of material.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Responding this week to questions from The Washington Post, a spokeswoman for Zinke, a former Navy SEAL commander, defended the Navy flag-flying tradition as “a major sign of transparency.”

“Ryan Zinke is proud and honored to lead the Department of the Interior, and is restoring honor and tradition to the department, whether it’s flying the flag when he is in garrison or restoring traditional access to public lands,” press secretary Heather Swift said in an email.
I'm stunned that Trump allows an ego bigger than his own.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM

Somebody should point out to this prima Donna that he’s Secretary of the Interior. Not even Secretary of State or Defense. Interior. Like, number 14 in line succession.

Last edited by jsc1953; 10-12-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Somebody should point out to this prima Donna that he’s Secretary of the Interior. Not even Secretary of State or Defense. Interior. Like, number 14 in line succession.
8th
Rick " I Don't Know Nothin' About The Agency I Want To Eliminate" Perry is 14th.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I can't be to outraged about this (not that I am lacking in outrage, mind you, about the title thread clusterfuck). When I worked for the U.S. Army (civilian), there was usually two flags flying out front of HQ, one with one-star and the other with two, representing the Commanding General and his Deputy Commander. If the flag wasn't up, you know the General was not on post.

I can't say that it is in the regulations for all the services, but given that Zinke came from a military background, it is not an unheard-of thing.

There are plenty of mountains to assault within the Trump-o-sphere; this amounts to a molehill.

IMHO as always. YMMV.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 PM

That’s fine and dandy for the military, SSR. But we’re talking about a civil servant. He doesn’t have gold braid, or epaulets, or decorations on his chest; people don’t salute when he comes into the room.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:56 PM

jsc, fair points, but all he is doing (from what I can see) is letting people know if he is in the office or not that day and he's doing it using a system that he probably learned while in the service. It might have a hint of hubris about it, but I simply can't see it as a big deal.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
That’s fine and dandy for the military, SSR. But we’re talking about a civil servant. He doesn’t have gold braid, or epaulets, or decorations on his chest; people don’t salute when he comes into the room.
yet...
Old 10-13-2017, 02:41 AM
Charter Member

I have to wonder if he’s the only person in the Department who’s allowed to write anything in green ink. And if he only identifies himself by his initials, saving the use of his full name for situations in which he is under duress by enemy combatants who have captured him.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
jsc, fair points, but all he is doing (from what I can see) is letting people know if he is in the office or not that day and he's doing it using a system that he probably learned while in the service. It might have a hint of hubris about it, but I simply can't see it as a big deal.
I agree with this, but at the same time ... who is walking up to the building for a meeting with Zinke and checking the flag-staff to make sure he's in? It's just another chunk of ridiculous tradition that many people seem to cling to.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
And today he's all "You can't make me do that any more! Nyah Nyah!!"
Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
He should have flags for other special occasions:

1. For when Sec. Zinke takes a charter/military flight: A sky blue banner depicting a jet plane dropping a stream of thousand-dollar bills into a toilet.

2. For when Sec. Zinke confers with industry bigwigs: A green banner with gold lettering reading "FOR SALE".

3. For when Sec. Zinke metes out punishment for whistle-blowing: A blood red banner depicting a figure with a large knife sticking out of its back.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
whether it’s flying the flag when he is in garrison
I'm stunned that Trump allows an ego bigger than his own.
I guess he's a military guy originally, but the Department of the Interior building is in no way a 'garrison'.

Also, apparently if he is not in the building, but his #2 is, there is a special flag to indicate that also.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:02 AM

I just changed my mind about the Trump administration. Because Steven Mnuchin just took the time to e-mail me personally! Apparently loser international governments have been keeping my money and keeping America from being great again!
But Stevie has been strong and fought for me!
So I'm going to receive $19'500,000.00 - yes Nineteen Million Five Hindred Thousand Dollars! As soon as I send my personal info to Stevie. Make America Great Again!!

US DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
1500 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20220

I am Steven Mnuchin the Secretary of the US Department of the
Treasury. The executive agency responsible for promoting economic
prosperity and ensuring the financial security of the United
States.

COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN PAYMENT RESOLUTION PANEL ON WITHHELD
PAYMENTS

You are being contacted today because you have not received your
funds and we want to advise you on the status of your funds
payment case. It was a decision that favored you in getting your
funds back from international banks withholding your funds.
Although you are hearing from us for the first time, we have been
working very hard for beneficiaries and making progress on our
research on why international banks had failed to fully credit
funds to international beneficiaries account.

We have also taken time to review unsuccessful transactions with
most international inheritance / contract insurance companies and
other foreign banks especially in Africa, Asia and the United
Kingdom. We wish to let you know that we have communicated with
most of these foreign bank institutions withholding most
international payments to individuals and companies only to find
out why these funds were withheld, the source of the funds and
the final solution to this problem.

We have concluded that we have found that most of the funds are
from international funds, and that international funds have been
awarded to international funds.

As such, transfer suspension was placed on these funds because
most of these international funds remittance / transfer were not
properly recorded by the paying institution for future file
reference / assessment by the International Monetary Fund and the
Financial Services Authority.

Presently, your ongoing transaction in which you will gain full
assistance from your case and make sure that you receive your
accrued funds on compliance will be on full effect in your favor
as long as you have complied with the Order of Court Dialogue in
which we are presently trying to get your funds payment case.

In joint alliance with the Financial Services Authority to
resolve this issue, we wish to know that we have been approved to
assist you in receiving your awarded funds but only the total sum
of Nineteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars
($ 19,500,000.00 USD ). We have gone through the security
manifesto booklet of all international outstanding transactions
and our extensive investigation confirmed that you are the
beneficiary of this fund through the assistance of the
International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) to investigate
and release suspended withheld funds to its beneficiaries account
abroad (IMF) which stated that your funds will be paid to you on
the proper confirmation of your claim.

We would like to inform you that there is an existing arrangement
with United Nations Federal Credit Union (UNFCU) in New York to
process and pay you the outstanding debt of $ 19,500,000.00 USD
as soon as you provide the complete requirements fund payment
case. This was resolved in a meeting held between the
International Financial Auditors in Europe and our American
representatives.

Name: John Spatola
UNFCU Financial Advisors, LLC.
United Nations Federal Credit Union.

Contact him with below details.
- A scanned copy of your ID or driver's license:
- Your direct mobile telephone number

Your nominated Bank Account information will be requested for
transfer of your funds after confirmation of your funds claims
file by the processing officer.

By virtue of the provision of the law which confer on us powers
to advocate, adjudicate, suspend and authorize an immediate
transfer of funds internationally, we hereby state emphatically
and without prejudice that there should be any information that
may succeed your application for unclaimed funds release that are
currently deposited in most foreign banks in Europe, Asia and in
Africa, please do not hesitate to provide the information so we
can help you in getting your funds.

Also note that failure to properly apply for the funds will
nullify your chances of receiving your unclaimed funds and funds
will be diverted into the government treasury.

Regards,
Steven Mnuchin
Secretary, US Department of the Treasury.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 10-13-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
I guess he's a military guy originally, but the Department of the Interior building is in no way a 'garrison'.

Also, apparently if he is not in the building, but his #2 is, there is a special flag to indicate that also.
He's not housebroken?
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post

Name: John Spatola
UNFCU Financial Advisors, LLC.
United Nations Federal Credit Union.
That's something Trump would say.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
He's not housebroken?
He's just being consistent in his position that job creators must be allowed to dispose of waste wherever it suits them, even in a public space.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
I agree with this, but at the same time ... who is walking up to the building for a meeting with Zinke and checking the flag-staff to make sure he's in? It's just another chunk of ridiculous tradition that many people seem to cling to.
Yes, it's a silly tradition. So are White House state dinners and the like. But traditions are okay. A lack of respect for tradition is what got us fucking Donald Trump. And this tradition doesn't cost us anything.

Let Zinke have his stupid flag (though by Og if I see any more references to him being "in garrison" when he's in his fucking office I will be calling for his head too). If nothing else, it keeps one of the department's staffers too busy to sell off more public land.

Last edited by Really Not All That Bright; 10-13-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
There are plenty of mountains to assault within the Trump-o-sphere; this amounts to a molehill.
You need things to mock and laugh at to relieve what would otherwise be endless outrage and horror.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Yes, it's a silly tradition. So are White House state dinners and the like. But traditions are okay. A lack of respect for tradition is what got us fucking Donald Trump. And this tradition doesn't cost us anything.

Let Zinke have his stupid flag (though by Og if I see any more references to him being "in garrison" when he's in his fucking office I will be calling for his head too). If nothing else, it keeps one of the department's staffers too busy to sell off more public land.
Yes, there are more important things - but this is in no way a 'tradition' at Interior. And even if some previous secretary had done this (cite?), I'd bet a dinner at McDonald's (bacon McDouble for $2, fries and a drink) that no #2 has ever had or flown a personal flag.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
Personally, I'd consider George W. Bush as less reprehensible, though thoroughly incompetent. Even there, W. is still far more competent than what we are currently suffering through.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I just changed my mind about the Trump administration. Because Steven Mnuchin just took the time to e-mail me personally! Apparently loser international governments have been keeping my money and keeping America from being great again!
But Stevie has been strong and fought for me!
So I'm going to receive $19'500,000.00 - yes Nineteen Million Five Hindred Thousand Dollars! As soon as I send my personal info to Stevie. Make America Great Again!!
Obviously a scam.

Not obvious that it isn't actually from Mnuchin.