Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM

Why did this not get modded? Stranger MOWing down Trump

The Meals on Wheels devolved into anti-Trump/Pub bashing so engineer_comp_geek posted this
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_comp_geek View Post
Moderator Note

This thread is in GQ, so let's stick to the factual aspects of the question, please. Opinions about the importance of the program or the politics involved are better suited to other forums.
Twelve minutes later (so not a simulpost) Stranger On A Train posts this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger On A Train View Post
More likely, "Let them eat steak. Trump Steaks are the most fantastic, the absolute best steaks, sold right from The Sharper Image stores. Three to five million people eat my steaks every day, and they are in the best, believe me, the best health. Even Hillary ["Lock her up!"] eats my steak. My steaks will prevent you from getting the ISIS. If everybody ate my steak, there would be no more ISIS. We'd be done with ISIS, believe me."

Stranger
How did that post NOT get modded for violating Mod instructions?
Advertisements  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Was it reported?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Cad View Post
The Meals on Wheels devolved into anti-Trump/Pub bashing so engineer_comp_geek posted this

Twelve minutes later (so not a simulpost) Stranger On A Train posts this

How did that post NOT get modded for violating Mod instructions?
Because SoaT posted it twelve minutes later, it's entirely possible no mods have seen it yet.
And, to be fair, even though it's not a simulpost, I do often take 10+ minutes to post something, especially if I'm distracted by TV or if I'm at work. I try to remember to hit the preview button and check the last few posts, but I don't always remember.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing

It was reported, and I saw the report. Sometimes people open up several tabs and go through them, so it might take them more than 12 minutes to reply to something. I wasn't sure that Stranger On A Train actually saw my note before posting, so I let it slide.

The rest of the thread stayed on track, so I didn't see any need to do anything further.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM

So what's the time limit now on not following mod directions?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing

We don't have any sort of official timer, and different mods will probably have different ideas about how long is a reasonable time to have seen a moderator's note or instruction. I don't think any of us will warn you for something posted less than a minute after a mod note. On the other hand, I don't think any of us are going to think that someone making a post an hour or two after a mod note can make a reasonable claim of not seeing it.

This is also something that depends on circumstances. If that comment had thrown the thread off the rails then I would have stepped in fairly quickly to address it.

Also, if we think you are trying to game the system and get away with one last parting shot by claiming you didn't see the note, then you could still be noted or warned.

We're definitely not going to set up some sort of official timer so that people can try to use and abuse it to their own benefit.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:39 AM

Hey, Billy dipped Sally's pigtail in the ink well. Why haven't you done anything about that?