Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure if I'm real.

I think I am, but maybe I just have a good imagination

Adult size violin has arrived, as replacement for comedy tiny one (which was adorable, it has to be said). Walls suddenly seem much thinner. Never noticed the neighbour coughing before. I may take the violin on a drive to a remote lay-by tomorrow, so I can at least make initial horrendous noises without anyone hearing. Skool irk has priority this weekend though, so I might not get round to it.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I crack me up!!!
I hope you can be fixed.
We are not spiderbots.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM

Nut I love your language. Had to google lay-by. It is a place where one can pull off the road. Here in the states we call that "a place where one can pull off the road".

BTW for those playing at home our cat is about at 90% her old self.

5 more days and I will have 3K posts.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Moomm I think you said you're switching to 40 hours until baby comes along, is that right? Sorry about the loss of 3-day weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Doesn't seem to make sense. CO's molecular weight (28) is equal to that of N2 and lower than that of O2 (32); assuming a location had the conditions to produce a concentration gradation, the CO would be more common on the higher than the lower parts.

The one that's heavier than N2 and O2 is CO2 (40).

Today my boss asked me if I was "all healthy already". I asked him if he knew what a cold is. He didn't know they last about a week.

*pokes the screen with her bug-infested hands*
You are right. I was edumacated yesterday by Mooomm. The detectors I have at floor level are the natural gas ones I have in my trailer.

Ruble call in disinterested, if that doesn't put your job at risk (maybe if it does). Sometimes it's just not worth playing dice with Mother Nature. Of course, that's the surest way of making certain that it will swerve or something, but we'd rather have you around to annoy flytrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareyfaerie View Post
'im indoors has gone to his homeland to visit his family for a few days as he's currently sans contract and therefore one of the Great Unwashed. Thus I am alone and without adult supervision until Sunday night.
Is his homeland actually somewhere remote and exotic, or is it just a few hours away? Enquiring minds and all. A friend of mind used to say, whenever his spouse was gone for a few days, that he was "going over the wall". By the time I knew him, that was pretty tame. A few glasses of wine with friends if the kids would go to sleep on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
I was being driven in to work about 6am this morning. Just as we were turning a corner we suddenly came across what looked light a large light-colored owl sitting in the middle of the road, staring directly into our headlights. There was no time to swerve or stop-there was just the horrifying thump!. When we stopped, we checked around...and there was no owl, no marks on the ground and no marks, blood or feathers under the car. This mystery is going to haunt me for a while, I think. I'm hoping what we hit wasn't what we thought we saw.
Sorry about the owl. I used to see them all the time in Missouri (alive and dead). It may have been injured and flown off anyway. Unlikely to have a good prognosis, but one can hope. Check the grill of the car just in case. There have been strange cases of birds caught in the grill.

Speaking of Czarcasm, if he doesn't have a nickname, I nominate HRH for His Royal Highness. Any other nominees?

Nut good luck with practice room. You might ask if there's somewhere to actually practice at school or something. I think it would be very difficult to do so in a car. You need freedom to move your arm and the violin. A room that you can stand or sit in would be much better. Other US-ian words for "lay-by" would be "pull out", "turn out", and "rest stop", depending on how large the lay-by is.

Butters Yay for kitteh!

I'm still searching for a better weather information source. I tried NOAA/NWS today, and they don't even have barometer readings for Portland, let alone here. High today 54. Still gusting winds. The rain is passing through, but it will be cloudy all day. Tonight I may finally get that poke roast that I have been craving.

This weekend I hope we'll see a movie, and I need to get laundry done. One thing about being forbidden from doing anything is that the kids are stepping up and doing a lot more. They've always had chores, but they're finally catching up to what I remember doing at their age. What they don't realize is that it's not going back down to previous levels. Mwahahahaha.

Pooka Bear is doing poorly again. I think I may just have to face the inevitable soon. He's very uncomfortable. He gets up about every 20 minutes, comes to me for reassurance and then lies down somewhere else. I'm sure he's in pain. He's started just peeing wherever he is when he needs to go. He's very stiff when he walks. I'm going to talk to the vet. If they can't make him comfortable at least, I'm not going to keep him in here in pain just because we love him. It's not fair.

On the Pepper front, the people who adopted her are not returning my calls. They promised we could visit. I am worried something happened to her, but probably they are just assholes.

Yay Fridays!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Aw, c'mon, you know I'm real! We hugged and everything!!

sari - my vet will sell us a year's supply of heartwork and flea meds. Not cheap, for sure, but cheaper than the alternative.

Almost lunch time - yay! I need a break. I can barely brain today...
He has to be weighed before they will give me the meds.
He was @11 pounds when we got him, now he is over 30 pounds. He should be in a place where he is well into a weight range for the meds and doesn't have to be weighed for a while.

It is up to 70 here. I guess I should get ready and go.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - Ah, right. I forgot he's still a growing boy.

Sunny - I'm going to work full time till my daughter and son-in-law are employed, at which point, I'll become a full time grandmother while they work. My end date depends on their hire dates.

Hard to be motivated on Firday afternoon. I just wanna take a nap...
Old 01-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Czarcasm, looks like you've got a real whooodunnit on your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Yes.
We are real.
Real annoying, in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I'm still searching for a better weather information source. I tried NOAA/NWS today, and they don't even have barometer readings for Portland, let alone here.
Yes, they do.

Sorry about the doggies.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:21 PM

I'm glad Scooter is feeling better Butters.

I'm sorry about Pooka Bear Sunny.
It's a hard decision to make.

What happened with Pepper?
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Czarcasm, looks like you've got a real whooodunnit on your hands.
I'm feeling a bit better about it now, but Cerridwyn was almost in tears when it happened.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Nut good luck with practice room. You might ask if there's somewhere to actually practice at school or something.
No point asking, there isn't anywhere. It's hard to explain how bizarrely tiny this college is; we have a grand total of 2 small labs, a little library in the same room as a common area/studio, a small computer room and the college staff office (yeah, singular). Oh, and two small greenhouses.

All other rooms are shared use with the company that owns the site. I doubt they'd appreciate me hanging round in their main office trying to learn the violin

It should be OK here in the day during the week, but on weekends there are people the other side of the wall and under the floor, and I don't want them to hate me.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Today I have managed to re-order meds and spent two hours on the phone with ATT to clean up a mess they made. I finally got to talk with someone helpful. Thus I did not make it to the nursin' home which is just as well as it's been rainy all day so I'm glad to stay in da cave. OYKW and I will go tomorrow and have N.O.L. at a really good Mexican place in large and in charge Dawson. Seriously. This is a good Mexican restaurant.

{{{Sonny}}} hope all turns out for the best re Pooka Bear. It's tough to make a decision but we know you'll do what's best for him. Sorry the folks won't return your calls about Pepper.

Butters yay for Scooter feelin' better.

Nuts perhaps a street corner with the case open would be a good place to practice the fiddle.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
What happened with Pepper?
I re-homed her because I had back surgery in the middle of December and will be on limited activity for about 6 months. I feel like she died. I miss her so much.

Anyway, the people did get back to me. I will see her sometime in the next few weekends, so the kids can come too.

Spidey Weird. It's like parts of a government website don't coordinate with other parts.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Nuts perhaps a street corner with the case open would be a good place to practice the fiddle.
A roof top.

I am not a spiderbot.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Yeah, I could take inspiration from a busker where I used to live: she had an accordion, and would set up right outside a shop doorway and produce horrendous squeals until one of the staff gave up and gave her money to go away.

Could pay off the student loan, I reckon
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 PM

When I wrote my morning post about 5am, it was 61F out; it's now nearing 3pm and the temperature is down to 31F, heading for the teens tonight. So went out and ate a Logan's Roadhouse (the meatloaf was terrible and so was the service) and did a little shopping (vegetables and frozen White Castle cheeseburgers; single-man shopping) but think I'll stay put the rest of the day. Signed up to referee 5 indoor games tomorrow, so that should get me some exercise.

Butters, nice when a 70,000 ton ship brings your friends to visit. And glad the cat is doing well.

Nut, I'm sure you can find a place to practice; hopefully people won't be dropping coins in front of you...

Sunny, I know you'll do what's best for Pooka Bear; keep us informed.

And as for Czarcasms MMP name, HRH is fine, I would'd suggested Ivan the Terrible or just Ivan. But yours does the trick.

Speaking of whom, animals have an ability to survive (at least for a few moments) from car hits; hopefully Cerridwyn will feel, if not better, at least accepting her(?) place in the Circle of Life.

I think that I am real; therefore I am going to eat a cheeseburger for dinner (apologies to Rene Descartes).

Think I'm going to try nappage here real soon.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Nuts Good luck with finding somewhere to practice. A friend of mine used to be allowed to practice at a local fire station.

I have a violin but I haven't touched it yet. I also have a guitar, with the same situation. So many instruments, not enough time to learn them all.

I practice my clarinets in my apartment. I haven't gotten any complaints, though I already know how to play my clarinets.

Gotta bring the bass clarinet into the shop to gt it fixed.

My friend in my band who plays bass clarinet (and I play alto clarinet there) got some sheet music where the name of his instrument got cut off, so it says "ass clarinet" on it.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM

sari, Nelson is still at the stage where he has to get weighed for heartworm meds too, but that's almost over since he's pretty much as big as he'll get. If you are using topical flea/tick treatment, Chewy has a good price on it.

My new boss shooed us out by 11:30 telling us that she didn't want to kill us off her first week. I swung through the Pubic Sto' for a few comestibles on the way home. Everything else was more expensive than Kroger, but I got enough coffee and tea on BOGO to keep me well caffeinated for a month. My car was iced up when I came out of irk, so's I'm gonna stay in this evening. Thinking a garden salad with some chicken on it and a grilled cheese for supper.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
And as for Czarcasms MMP name, HRH is fine, I would'd suggested Ivan the Terrible or just Ivan. But yours does the trick.
We are not amused.

Well, maybe a little.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
We are not amused.

Well, maybe a little.
Ivan the Terrible=Ivan Grozny.

Grozny.

Grossy!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Was there a hook hanging from the door handle??

I crack me up!!!

Whats next, his bed in the trees? [one of my favorite movies...]
Old 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

We have supped. The temp is droppin' but not as drastic as MetalMouse reported. It is supposed to get below freezin' tonight maybe high 20s. Ah well, da cave is warm and dry so it's all good.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:40 PM

Last night when I took Nelson out for his last walk, it was 62F. When we came in a few minutes ago, it was 31F. The temp dropped by half in 20 hours. There was also a dusting of crunchy snow on the ground. It was Nelson's first time with any kind of precipitation than rain. Y'all stay warm!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Ivan is pretty good. Vote everyone. HRH or Ivan?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 PM

It's still in the 60s here, but raining hard.

Ripple has had a little experience with snow, but nothing more than a few inches. He is not impressed, and hops around on three legs as he alternates which foot is not going to touch the ground.
I look forward to when he gets to experience some real snow.
I want to get it on my phone.

The cat does not like snow at all.

Ripple gets some kind of pill for flea control. I don't know why he doesn't get Frontline or something like that. I forgot to get more Frontline for the cat, but since he is not allowed outside anymore I probably don't need it anyway. The brat used to stick around the house but he started getting bold and crossing the street. The neighbor said she missed him because he used to sit on her side of the porch and greet her when she got home from work.

I vote for Ivan because HRH is too close to HFH.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 01-12-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Higgs is on an oral flea and tick repellent, but it's not a pill - it's like the heartworm meds - a little chewy treat. It works so much better than the topical stuff. Our cats don't go out, so I don't put flea stuff on them. Since Higgs doesn't bring any in, we don't have a feline flea problem either.

Supper was pizza. Yum. Tomorrow, we'll grab a McBreakfast, then go to Lowe's for paint. Big task will be painting part of the basement. FCD will fire up the fireplace insert before we leave, so it should be nice and warm down there by the time we get back. It's gonna be cold tomorrow. Not amused.

I vote Ivan! 'Nuff said!
Old 01-12-2018, 07:57 PM

I guess it's true, they are chewy treats, not pills.
To me anything oral is a pill.
Mackie wasn't going to take either one without a lot of trickery.
Ripple will eat anything, including a pill or half an aspirin. If he hesitates all I have to do is pretend I am going to eat it and he wants it.
I wonder how long he will be this easy.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 PM
born to be shunned

I did go to irk after all; dammit our first Site Leader all those years (3) back just trained me too well. The roads were fair and things just turned crappier about 30 minutes after I got home. I am both ashamed of myself and proud of myself at the same time. Its part time sorting boxes but dammit one could be going to someone I know. So I want it to arrive tomorrow like its supposed to.

Dinner was a BLT without the T ---- just the way I like it with some horseradish sauce for extra bight.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Spidey Weird. It's like parts of a government website don't coordinate with other parts.
I'm shocked, shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
Last night when I took Nelson out for his last walk, it was 62F. When we came in a few minutes ago, it was 31F. The temp dropped by half in 20 hours.
We had a 2-3 week long Arctic blast; last weekend I had to cxl a nighttime photo shoot because it was too cold; the past two nights I've been out in shorts; 60°+ difference from last weekend. This has me because Imma s'posed to be on snowshoes on Sunday & it may get altered iffn there's not enough snow up there; the only snow left here is what was originally piled up. IT was cool (no pun intended) last night, as the wind would blow of the remaining piles of snow you'd see a little cloud blow across the street.

Quote:
Ivan is pretty good. Vote everyone. HRH or Ivan?
I think of Crazy Ivan; I like Czarcastic or Sarcastic.

I get the (non) hero award of ::checks watch:: (yester)day. I called the FD out because I heard a smoke detector/fire alarm from one of the maint builidings at the back of the golf course when I was going past. Turns out that building is, at least partially, bathrooms & it was condensation that tripped the alarm. I did the right thing by calling it in but it ended up being a BS call.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:11 AM

Fuck presumptive spelling. We do gooed works here in the mmp.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:40 AM

It looks like it's tipping towards Ivan. (Crazy Ivan works too )
Old 01-13-2018, 01:41 AM

Quote:
One thing I do really like about my iPhone is being able to silence even while the phone is locked, or to log in with a finger print, if I need to do it in a hurry. I'm sure some of the manufacturers have similar things.

Please check the instructions. If I remember correctly, they need to go near the floor, as CO settles, which is unlike smoke detectors. I might be wrong though...

Weather weirdness here. The weather sites are saying "rain", which is pretty average. It's not "rain". It's a storm. High winds, driving rain, big mess. A little more information would have been nice.

My family is nuts. Last night we agreed to go to a sushi restaurant. We got there and there was a taco place next door. Hubby wanted to go there. We went there, and then we went to the sushi place, and then we went to the pizza place upstairs.

I'm hiding in my room and pretending the world is not outside. Go me!

Feel better everyone.
have not had a minute. I asked Hub’s it this is something I should worry about— he said absolutely NOT OR N.O.T.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:52 AM

Quick,,””””Iiii1.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Moomm I think you said you're switching to 40 hours until baby comes along, is that right? Sorry about the loss of 3-day weekends.

You are right. I was edumacated yesterday by Mooomm. The detectors I have at floor level are the natural gas ones I have in my trailer.

Ruble call in disinterested, if that doesn't put your job at risk (maybe if it does). Sometimes it's just not worth playing dice with Mother Nature. Of course, that's the surest way of making certain that it will swerve or something, but we'd rather have you around to annoy flytrap.

Is his homeland actually somewhere remote and exotic, or is it just a few hours away? Enquiring minds and all. A friend of mind used to say, whenever his spouse was gone for a few days, that he was "going over the wall". By the time I knew him, that was pretty tame. A few glasses of wine with friends if the kids would go to sleep on time.

Sorry about the owl. I used to see them all the time in Missouri (alive and dead). It may have been injured and flown off anyway. Unlikely to have a good prognosis, but one can hope. Check the grill of the car just in case. There have been strange cases of birds caught in the grill.

Speaking of Czarcasm, if he doesn't have a nickname, I nominate HRH for His Royal Highness. Any other nominees?

Nut good luck with practice room. You might ask if there's somewhere to actually practice at school or something. I think it would be very difficult to do so in a car. You need freedom to move your arm and the violin. A room that you can stand or sit in would be much better. Other US-ian words for "lay-by" would be "pull out", "turn out", and "rest stop", depending on how large the lay-by is.

Butters Yay for kitteh!

I'm still searching for a better weather information source. I tried NOAA/NWS today, and they don't even have barometer readings for Portland, let alone here. High today 54. Still gusting winds. The rain is passing through, but it will be cloudy all day. Tonight I may finally get that poke roast that I have been craving.

This weekend I hope we'll see a movie, and I need to get laundry done. One thing about being forbidden from doing anything is that the kids are stepping up and doing a lot more. They've always had chores, but they're finally catching up to what I remember doing at their age. What they don't realize is that it's not going back down to previous levels. Mwahahahaha.

Pooka Bear is doing poorly again. I think I may just have to face the inevitable soon. He's very uncomfortable. He gets up about every 20 minutes, comes to me for reassurance and then lies down somewhere else. I'm sure he's in pain. He's started just peeing wherever he is when he needs to go. He's very stiff when he walks. I'm going to talk to the vet. If they can't make him comfortable at least, I'm not going to keep him in here in pain just because we love him. It's not fair.

On the Pepper front, the people who adopted her are not returning my calls. They promised we could visit. I am worried something happened to her, but probably they are just assholes.

Yay Fridays!

Why TF I am awake and reading at 0400 on a Sattidy? Cause I must make sure me adult children are Screwing up my weekend. Now ito justify why I would drive n my F’ing day off to go to irk??????? when ya’ll figure it out please enlighten moi. Please and thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 AM

Who is the best dog that ever walked one two feet*? This is his monicker unless it ain’t. Poor “on his last leg, pitiful HRH Sir Lucky Louie. I guess it sucks being him. I know every one with a shred of decency loves animals and their particular critter(s).

*When I was affiliated with the Vet Clinic at irk; front legs are referred as arms on a canine. Just like so called Presidents’Day is actually Washington’s BD. for these purposes. Why yes; I am glad you asked. There is no such designation as Presidents‘ Day. Just an oversight but one of distinction.

I remember where I was the day Dr.Martin Luther King died.

How far we have come yet how far we have to go.

IMO only- we are going backwards
Old 01-13-2018, 04:54 AM

I know I am not to threashit- is that even possible in the MMP? Please just sent to the Cornfield w anything offensive. Believe It or Not! it is not verdant.

Why am I awake at 0452 on a Sattidy? Cause I am a glutton for punishment. So there. I need a lotto win with the quickness.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:58 AM

I love my job ,it all pays the same yet this week has me doing a mental inventory to have piece of Mind.

IPad has a looooong way to go before I learn how or type. S
Old 01-13-2018, 04:59 AM

ok fine, I shall talk to me self.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:01 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Calm down, Butters - I'm here! I was up stupid early, too, but I didn't drag myself out to my computer till Higgs started barking. So much for lazing away in bed on Saturday...

It's still raining and the cold front hasn't hit... yet... but it will. Apparently, the storm woke FCD, but I didn't hear it - at least I don't think I did. It wasn't a very restful night. But I'm up and eventually I'll be showered, dressed, and functioning. For now, I'll surf.

Happy soggy Saturday!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 30 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy accordin' to TWPTB. It's dark out so who knows. Today's high shall be 49 Amurrkin and N.O.S. The cold front definitely came through last night. We shall go visit Miss Becky right after her N.O.L. time and then we shall have a late N.O.L. at the Mexican place in large and in charge Dawson, Jawja. Any sup time will be via foragin'. I shall slow roast a brisket with carrots, parsnips, rutabagas (OYKW loves 'em and I am learnin' to tolerate 'em), N.O.T. and onions this evenin' for tomorrow's N.O.L. I've had a gnawin' and a cravin' for a slow roasted brisket with veggies. Just to add to the excitatement, a couple loads of laundry shall also get done.

I vote for Ivan as well. Thus mote it be.

Butters I gather you are goin' into irk stoopid early today. ICK!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. I suppose I should purtify bein' as I am to go about the public. Rah.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 AM

Happy Saturday!

I got up too early as well.
Damn cat, it wasn't enough to wake me, but he had to wake the dog too. He just has to stir up trouble.
When the dog pounced on him he started his whining. I told him to shut up and deal with it, maybe next time he'll let sleeping dogs lie.

It's a friggin 30 degrees outside, with a howling wind.
Screw this weather, I want to move somewhere warm.

I have lots to do today, so I should be up doing it instead of playing online.
I thought about a grocery run but not when it's this cold and windy.
I have a ton of laundry to do, and vacuuming, and just general cleaning and straightening up.
I want to do some rearraging in the kitchen cabinets, but I need Sah-son's help with that, and he is a bit bogged down with school work this weekend.

{{{Butters}}}
Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Showered, dressed, breakfasted, laundry downstairs, sorted, and started, dishes loaded and rinsed (not enough to run the dishwasher yet) and houseplants have been watered. FCD just left for Lowe's to get the paint. I was able to verify that the backup lights are working - dunno why they were out yesterday.

I have a trunkload of stuff for the thrift store - maybe I should drop it off later today. FCD will be taking the Sonata to Madison next weekend, and he'll need the trunk. We shall see how our energy lasts.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM

I was literally outside, in shorts, 8 hrs ago & was comfy. Same place is now 30° w/ a wind chill of 22°.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

In the last 3 hours, our temp has dropped 10° - it's now 36° and overcast and damp and icky!!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Leg cramps woke me up at 5am-ate a large banana and started the laundry while waiting/hoping for the potassium to kick in.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Is there a ruder awakening than leg cramps??? OK, maybe a phone call in the middle of the night. Or a smoke alarm. Or the screaming of your passengers when you're behind the wheel...

Can you tell I'm a bit bored??
Old 01-13-2018, 08:48 AM

It's snowing.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:09 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - my sis said it's flurrying in Harford County. Just overcast here in the southern end of the state, but the temps have plummeted, so we may see snow yet...

Second load in the washer. And I installed the CO detector in the furnace room/my studio. I also chucked another log on the fire in the basement. That should help the paint dry! Tho I may end up painting in shorts because that insert really pumps out the heat. We shall see.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. The Invisible Mole People are unusually active today, jusding by Gordie's barking. I'm doing laundry after the Canes Alumni Game.

Quote:
Leg cramps woke me up at 5am-ate a large banana and started the laundry while waiting/hoping for the potassium to kick in.
Quote:
Is there a ruder awakening than leg cramps???
Leg cramps in a water bed. You end up in pain and seasick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I was literally outside, in shorts, 8 hrs ago & was comfy. Same place is now 30° w/ a wind chill of 22°.
It was 64 last night at 11. 45 right now, and that's gonna be today's high temp.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:36 AM

26F right now so a 35F drop in 24 hours. We Are Not Amused. At least there is no precipitation to turn it into ice, while the comedy show of watching Ali-bamans try to drive on ice is tempting, it would be dangerous to all so I will forbear.

Start indoor soccer refereeing at 10:30 and going to be at it until 3:30 at the least. Expect to be a bit tired tonight.

I rather like Crazy Ivan for Csarcasm's Mumper name, because how often do you get to call a Mod crazy? And one of these days we really need an updated list of Mumper names, my memory ain't what it used to be.

FCM, I concur, leg cramps are one thing that will bring me out of a sound sleep. Haven't had one in quite some time, so here's hoping you haven't jinxed me...my condolences, Ivan (Crazy or not)

Butters, I would suggest nappage sometime this afternoon. Sounds like you need it.

OK, off to break fast with BLT's on toasted rye bread (Yum!)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 AM

It stopped so we only got a dusting.
Of course it will probably start up again.

I have missed a few things, my first post went poof this morning.

Sunny I am sorry about Pepper.

Butters at least Lucky Louis is an HRH
Ripple probably thinks his full name is Goddammitripple, all day long it's Goddammitripple leave the cat alone, Goddamitripple get your head out of the trash, Goddamitripple leave that alone.

Just in the time it took me to type this post it started snowing again.