Old 08-13-2005, 01:49 AM

Heh -- you should be setting your eye on Fiedler. I suspect he will have the best year of any New York QB.

(Okay -- you should really be working for Tiki. But it kills me that Plaxico will have to rely on Eli to have value for me. I had been seriously considering him with pick #70.)
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritus Mundi
Heh -- you should be setting your eye on Fiedler. I suspect he will have the best year of any New York QB.
You aren't kidding. On NFL Live earlier today, The Chad was talking about his shoulder being career threatening if he wasn't careful. Not exactly confidence-inspiring. Even before that, I still thought as much. From the Football is back! thread earlier this week, I posted the following reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPolley
Long Island product Jay Feidler is a (kindly speaking here) servicable back-up, but if he’s on the field for any extended period of time, the picture starts to look rather bleak for Gang Green.
I completely disagree. Fiedler might be the best backup in the league. Consider his starting record, and then review the Browns writeup about Dilfer. Fiedler would start over Dilfer. Hell, he'd start in Miami, for that matter. He's a major upgrade from Quincy Carter, and when The Chad goes down for 3 weeks, he might actually find himself in a QB controversy in New York. (Always a fun time.) Oh yeah, regarding Dilfer: he lit up the Giants in the Superbowl with the deep vertical game. He doesn't completely suck.
Quote:
(Okay -- you should really be working for Tiki. But it kills me that Plaxico will have to rely on Eli to have value for me. I had been seriously considering him with pick #70.)
I don't have much faith in my WR pool, but I have a 4 guys who are equally "good" to choose from, and it shouldn't be too hard to pick up at least two (if not all) of them.

I am much wiser about draft order this year. Rest assured, I will NOT be picking The Chad with my first rounder. (Doh!)

Just to put it out there, Tiki won't get nearly as many TDs with the hulking beast Jacobs getting all the goal line carries, and Curtis is very very very old, and most experts agree that his production will drop off precipitously this year. I'm just saying. ;)
Old 08-13-2005, 10:49 AM

I had great hopes for Plexico escaping the Cowher ground force and finding a home with a competent aerial attack.

Then he went to the Giants. *ugh*

Nice try on Tiki and C.M. I'm sure everyone bought it.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:18 PM

The Mad Hermit - I emailed you the end of season rosters. If you weren't able to receive them successfully please say so.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:24 PM

I did not receive them, but my email has changed since last year. My new email is available either by checking my profile on this board or by checking the managers list in the Yahoo league.

And thanks.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Got the rosters. It was a mess of HTML and script, but I've been extracting the information. Check this out and tell me if I'm doing this the way we want:

Here is furt's draft from last year (minus the first three rounds)-

BithloMulletRevival

K. Robinson WR SEA
E. George RB DAL
New England DEF NE
P. Warrick WR CIN
M. Shipp RB ARI
A. Davis WR CLE
M. Muhammad WR CAR
M. Stover K BAL
B. Franks TE GB
B. Troupe TE TEN
K. Faulk RB NE
C. Simms QB TB
F. Mitchell WR PHI

This is his end of season roster-

QB P. Manning (Ind - QB)
WR M. Muhammad (Car - WR) x
WR D. Mason (Ten - WR)
RB C. Dillon (NE - RB)
RB J. Jones (Dal - RB)
TE J. Wiggins (Min - TE)
WR/RB M. Hicks (SF - RB)
BN M. Pittman (TB - RB)
BN E. Kennison (KC - WR)
BN K. Robinson (Sea - WR) x
BN M. Moore (Min - RB)
BN C. Simms (TB - QB) x
BN T. Pinkston (Phi - WR)

K S. Graham (Cin - K)
BN M. Stover (Bal - K)

DEF New England (NE - DEF)

So, here are his eligible keepers:

M. Muhammad (Car - WR)
K. Robinson (Sea - WR)
C. Simms (TB - QB)
M. Stover (Bal - K)
New England (NE - DEF)

Now, should they be drafted in the same round as last year, or three rounds higher, or as the first three picks?

I'll try to get this done tomorrow. I need one more thing- can someone help me find the results from last year, to make the draft order?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:44 AM

Not quite. If any of the players he did not draft came to him through a trade (and had not been a free agent at any time prior) then those players would also be eligble as keepers.

for instance, I traded ricky Williams to another player last year. I drafted him at 16, and he was never placed on waivers. That player has the right this year to select Ricky Williams as a 14th round pick. (We decided upon a 2 round penalty, I am quite certain.)

I don't have the final standings, but I do know who drafts last this year.

(and I did find the old rules thread from last year.)
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=290993
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM

The Mad Hermit,

I have posted the end of season rosters on a free geocities website that all may view:
http://www.geocities.com/neuromanzero/

Going through all the rosters seems like a LOT of work. If I were you, I would put the onus of determining keeper eligibility on the player/coaches. Then when we submit our keeper lists, you only have to double check the eligibility of the three (or less) keeper picks, which means checking on ~42 players instead of 224.

End of season records... crap? I don't think I have a record of the finishes. I'm pretty sure I got 4th and Hamlet got 3rd, because I think I remember losing to him in the consolation match.

Incomplete finishing records so far:
1. Spiritus Mundi
2. ??
3. Hamlet?
4. neuroman
-- all teams below 4th did not make the playoffs --
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. ??
14. Ellis Dee
Old 08-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

I finished fifth last year... I remember that fairly well.
Draft time works for me.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:04 AM

Thanks for the link, neuroman. I found the spreadsheet with the draft results quite helpful, too.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

Sorry for being a bit out of touch. I'll start paying attention here. I'm in, just wanted to reitterate that we can use by draft slot if it's preferred over the Labor Day slot on the posted one.

If I can get an executive decision from the commish I'll post it.

Also, not sure how you posted the draft order above, but I was 90% sure I had the #1 draft slot. It seems to me that we had some staggered system for assigning draft order which gave the consolation bracket something to play for. Does anyone have documentation of that?

Email me if anything comes up regarding the draft slot I have.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:46 PM

I prefer the later draft slot, but I can make Aug. 24 if more folks like that one.

Omni, I think the list you are looking at is for how we finished last year, not draft order. (But if folks want to give me the first pick this year, I promise not to complain.)
Old 08-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

Ah, I see. What was that system we'd agreed on. Didn't the 8th place finish get the first overall or something? Maybe 5th place, I can't remember.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:19 PM

5th baby, and I was in fifth. Very little consilation for missing the playoffs by like 3 points.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM

Ah, here's the thread. Thought I'd been (sniff) forgotten.

I may miss the draft too, but we'll see.

IIRC, I had the best record last year, but lost in the championship; don't know if that's first or second place for draft purposes.

I'm pretty sure we agreed that draft choices would be kept 3 rounds lower; thus my steal of Moose Muhammed in the 10th last year will be a merely-solid keeper at round 7 this year.

And we probably need a ruling about keeper in year three -- will he count as a round 4 keeper in 2006?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furt
And we probably need a ruling about keeper in year three -- will he count as a round 4 keeper in 2006?
I'm leaning towards that. That way you have to find the steals every year, not just get lucky and sit on them. My $.02.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:39 PM

If you check last year's thread (since the old league page is no longer up) you will see that the debate on keeper penalty was betweein (+1) and (+2). I am very certain that the final decision was (+2), as indicatd by my post-draft explanation:
Quote:
I would add Alstott (12) and Givens (9) to the list, which is about where I planned to hunt for keepers. I thought that the (+2) penalty made the cost too steep to hope a 4th or 5th would produce enough value this year while being worth keeping next year.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Yes -- the intent of the penalty is clearly to limit the number of years one can benefit from a single good find. The enalty gets steeper each year, and I believe we also set a cap of at most 2 years for a player to be kept, (Muhammed would cost an 8 this year, a 6 the next year, but could not be kept for a 4 in year 4.)
Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Spiritus Mundi is right - there was definitely a 2 round increase for keepers.

Also, did we ever determine whether keepers can be kept twice at most, or three times at most? (i.e., 3 total roster years or 4 total roster years?)
Old 08-17-2005, 07:55 PM

I am pretty sure it was 3 roster years.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:58 AM

Concurrence abounds, +2 penalty and three year limit.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseCarmen
5th baby, and I was in fifth. Very little consilation for missing the playoffs by like 3 points.
I could have sworn I was fifth.... I remember there being a convoluted scenario in the last week that meant I could have made the playoffs that almost came true. But my memory is not what it once was, and maybe I'm remembering another league or year.

Or do you mean that you won the consolation playoff bracket?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaBooey
Concurrence abounds, +2 penalty and three year limit.
Sounds very good to me.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
Or do you mean that you won the consolation playoff
bracket?
I believe there was no consolation playoff bracket. Yahoo does not allow for that structure. I think there was talk of manually computing a playoff bracket for the regular season 5th-8th place finishers, but I don't remember that happening.

+2 rounds and 3 roster years total. Solid.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Yes, Yahoo did have a consolation bracket. I can't remember if I made it in, or just missed it- so I'm probably that fourth-from-last spot.

Do we not have the final season record somewhere? I thought that I posted it on the board; I'll search for it.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:39 PM

Omni
furt
neuroman

Are you the three missing owners? If so, please report to Yahoo league ID 398878

password: cecil

It's almost time to get your butts handed to you again.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:56 PM

Aye aye, cap'n.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:51 PM

Excellent.

And then there was one. Omni -- you just waiting to make a dramatic last-minute entrance?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Well, I just wanted to ensure that I'd be noticed, I've got a killer backless dress. Notice the twirl.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:51 PM

How you doin'
Old 08-24-2005, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
But my memory is not what it once was, and maybe I'm remembering another league or year.

Or do you mean that you won the consolation playoff bracket?
Oh hell, now My memory is shot.

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:14 PM

Ok, so we need to get this draft order properly dongled. If anyone has ANY recollection of where they (or anyone else) finished, that would be helpful. We may just have to randomly assign some of the missing draft spots.

Incomplete finishing records so far:
1. Spiritus Mundi
2. furt
3. Hamlet
4. neuroman
5. NurseCarmen
6. ?? }
7. ?? } Wilson?
8. ?? }
9. ??
10. ??
11. ??
12. ??
13. ??
14. Ellis Dee

We also need to come up with a master keeper list. Here is what I have gleaned so far from the Yahoo league posts:

furt
Moose Muhammed in the 8th. That's it.

Hamlet
I'll be keeping S. Jackson for a 4th and R. McMichael for an 8th.

neuroman
Roy Williams, WR DET - 5th round

Pentium None
J. Bettis RB PIT (was 9th) 7th
N. Burleson WR MIN (was 13th) 11th
B. Roethlisberger QB PIT (was 14th) 12th

Ellis Dee
L. Jordan (RB, NYJ, now Oak) in the 5th (was 7th)
J.P. Losman (QB, Buf) in the 13th (was 15th)
(not including Buffalo Defense. Seriously dude, you can pick those guys up much later than round 7.)

Boom Goes the Dynamite (?)
Drew Bennett (WR - Ten), Rd. 6
Larry Johnson (RB - KC), Rd. 9
Carson Palmer (QB - Cin), Rd. 10

4th and Nineteen
R. Wayne in round 4
B. Stokley in round 12
Daniel Graham in 13.

Chitwood
Boldin in the 6th, Carr in the 9th. (corrected to +2 rds instead of +3)

Bababooey
I will be keeping Branch (counts as a 6), Dallas Def (7), and Ricky Williams (13) whom I aquired in trade, so he isn't listed in the original lineup.

Mad Hermit aka Steelerphan
6 A. Lelie WR DEN
8 J. Elam K DEN
12 Pittsburgh DEF PIT

Spiritus Mundi
W. Dunn RB ATL (5)
A. Vinatieri K NE (11)

I have verified the eligibility and round placement of all keepers on the list above by cross checking with the draft results. If anyone wants to change keepers, a correction needs to be posted ASAP.

We are missing keeper designations from three owners. My head hurts, so I hope someone else can figure that one out.

We also need to get this draft rolling. It sounds like we have a semi-consensus on an email draft. Doesn't matter to me. If we do an email draft, the commish will need to manually set rosters afterward. I'd suggest AntSports private draft as a good email draft tool, but drafts can easily take up to a week or longer! Which means if we're gonna do an email draft we need to start, like, yesterday.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM

What's been holding my progress is not being able to find last year's results. I tried the Wayback machine, searched all my hard drives, looked through old threads, and tried to get the info from Yahoo- all to no avail.

I have one big question- can the commissioner enter draft picks for other (absent) players dring a Yahoo draft? I can cover for anyone who can't be there with a list of ranked players from that individual.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:55 PM

ps- I finished either 9th or 11th, I'm not sure which.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hermit
I have one big question- can the commissioner enter draft picks for other (absent) players dring a Yahoo draft?
Pretty sure not.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 AM

To elaborate on furt's comment, this is almost certainly not technically possible under Yahoo's provided software.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:24 PM

That means -- assuming an email draft -- we'll need to set our pre-draft rankings to reflect the guys we actually drafted & kept. I suppose then we'll only need one guy (the commish, I'd imagine) show up during the live draft. If even that one guy.

So, uh, are we doing an email draft? I'm out of the house til basically Sunday, and hotmail likes to toss incoming emails into the junk folder, so a head up in here when we actually start would be super.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Pretty sure I finished second to last.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Good draft last night. I think we got by with about as many screwups as could be expected.

In case you're unaware, we have expanded to do a 16th round of the draft. So hie thee to the league home page and git yer picks in.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/398878

Remaining 16th round picks, in order:
BabaBooey
Feed My Family aka Chitwood
Mad Hermit
BoomGoesTheDynamite
Varlos
Baltimore Weirdos aka Weirddave
Cedric Benson Busts
Pentium None
4th and 19
Old 09-07-2005, 02:06 AM
BANNED

It's been 24 hours now, where is the in depth draft analysis? I wanna know how badly I did.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:33 AM

Technically the draft still isn't over...
Old 09-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

I'll do one as soon as everyone gets the damn 16th round finished.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:24 PM

We're waiting for Jimmy Chitwood to respond with his problems with the draft, and VarlosZzzzzzz is on the clock (are there enough z's?)-

wait, BaBaBooey was missed- we passed him up. Your pick?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hermit
We're waiting for Jimmy Chitwood to respond with his problems with the draft, and VarlosZzzzzzz is on the clock (are there enough z's?)-

wait, BaBaBooey was missed- we passed him up. Your pick?
BabaBooey picked Orton.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Pentium's on the clock.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Charter Member

I think we're done now.... just waiting on the commish to adjust rosters.

I'll start by recapping my own draft - I pick consecutive so I'll lump them together.
My keepers were Reggie Wayne in the 4th, Brandon Stokley in the 12th, Daniel Graham in the 13th.

1. L. Tomlinson - no brainer. I refuse to consider a QB a #1. Alexander is close, but in my mind LT is the clear #1.

2 & 3 - Fred Taylor and Cedric Benson (both RB) I was hoping one of the big 5 WRs woudl fall to me here. No such luck, as Chad disappeared two picks before me. Taylor was a pretty obvious choice to me - I toook up almost the whole clock trying to decide which second RB to take. Thought about Mike Anderson, thought that DEN's RB position was too wide open. Probably should have taken Cadillac Anderson isntead.

4 & 5 - Reggie Wayne (keeper) and Derrick Mason (both WR)- can't argue with Reggie Wayne as the 56 pick. Didn't see a QB I liked enough to take (thought breifly about Brady). I think Mason was the best of the available. Thought bfiedly about Isaac Bruce and Eric Moulds here.

6 & 7 - Lee Suggs (RB) and Eric Moulds (WR) - I had no idea Suggs was banged up... well, he could turn out all right. Or he could be third string. Could not pass on Moulds after I'd almost taken him in the last go round. Now I've got two WRs who's quarterbacks are Kyle Boller and JP Losman.... still no QB - decided to wait since a couple of ones I liked were still out there.

8 & 9 - Jake Delhomme (QB) and Mike Williams (WR) - was all set to take New England's defense, but that ratfink Nurse Carmen sniped me. I'm perfectly happy with Delhomme, I think he is good value here. Once Braylon Edwards went a few picks before, I thought I'd take a pick on a possible keeper for next year with Mike Williams. For now he's my 5th WR....

10 & 11 - Atlanta Defense and Michael Pittman (RB) - needed a defense, and with rounds 12 & 13 reserved for keepers, thought I'd get it out of the way. Like probably half the owners in the league, Frank Gore was my deep sleeper - furt took him earlier in rd 12. Hopefully the Cadillac will lose a tire and Pittman will get playing time.

12 & 13 - Brandon Stokley (WR) and Daniel Graham (TE), both keepers. Stokley will obviously be down from last year, but I had to keep him in round 12. At least by keeping Graham I didn't have to think about TEs, so that's a plus.

14 & 15 - Something Graham (K) and Kyle Boller (QB) - gotta have a kicker and a backup QB. Best available picks, I honestly can't remember what else I was considering.

16 - Philip Rivers (QB) - where's my Drew Brees voodoo doll?

Overall - the key to my draft are my round 2 & 3 picks - Taylor and Benson. If Taylor stays healthy and scores a decent amount, that combined wtih LT gives me two elite backs. BIG ifs there. If Cedric Benson gets the starting job fairly soon and runs with it, that's a big bonus for what was probably a mistake pick. As usual, it's all about the RBs..... I'm real happy with my WRs - right now Stokley is my 4th. Delhomme should be solid, and do TE, K and DEF even matter?
I'd give myself a C+. Solid, nothing spectacular, two possible bad picks in Benson and Suggs but they still could work out.
My pick for best draft? Munch (BoomGoesTheDynamite) is solid with Priest (and LJ to back him up), Westbrook, Andre Johnson and Jimmy Smith... Eric Shelton is obviously a bust, but who knew. He's gotta wise up and start Palmer over Collins though.... it's either him or neuroman, who's got a real balanced roster.
Best autopick? Jimmy Chitwood getting Duce Staley in round 7. That pick alone may make up for some of the other oddities of his autodraft.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:11 AM

Rosters are done.

I just heard about the pending lawsuit involving MLBaseball and fantasy sports leagues. The discussion focused on two facts: the stats from games are public domain, but the use of the players' names by any commercial venture is subject to copyright and trademark laws.

The general consnsus was that there will be major changes in fantasy sports and aloowable use of the sports products if MLB wins the suit. The prediction is that pay leagues will increase in price from approx. $50 per person to $150+ per person, and many smaller leagues will be forced out of business; the free leagues will go to a pay=per-play format by necessity. This is supposed to apply to all the fantasy sports leagues, as lawyers are looking into the matter for all the major sports.

We may have to go back to the old days of marking stats in the Monday paper to score the games.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 AM

The results of our draft. I fixed the keeper swaps, and marked all keepers with an asterisk. Now all that's needed is someone to do a draft analysis. Will I be that someone? It's a mystery.

Fourth and Nineteen
1. (1) L. Tomlinson
2. (28) F. Taylor
3. (29) C. Benson
4. (56) R. Wayne *
5. (57) D. Mason
6. (84) L. Suggs
7. (85) E. Moulds
8. (112) J. Delhomme
9. (113) M. Williams
10. (140) Atlanta
11. (141) M. Pittman
12. (168) B. Stokley *
13. (169) D. Graham *
14. (196) S. Graham
15. (197) K. Boller
16. P. Rivers

Pentium None
1. (2) P. Manning
2. (27) D. Foster
3. (30) J. Horn
4. (55) M. Faulk
5. (58) C. Chambers
6. (83) E. Johnson
7. (86) J. Bettis *
8. (111) New England
9. (114) J. Pathon
10. (139) C. Cooley
11. (142) N. Burleson *
12. (167) B. Roethlisberger *
13. (170) Ma. Jones
14. (195) T. Taylor
15. (198) N. Davenport
16. M. Williams

Cedric Benson Busts
1. (3) S. Alexander
2. (26) C. Johnson
3. (31) J. Arrington
4. (54) T. Jones
5. (59) T. Houshmandzadeh
6. (82) Carolina *
7. (87) B. Leftwich
8. (110) M. Robinson
9. (115) A. Brooks
10. (138) M. Vanderjagt
11. (143) Mi. Clayton *
12. (166) Q. Griffin
13. (171) B. Franks
14. (194) K. Curtis
15. (199) M. Booker
16. D. Rhodes

Baltimore Weirdos
1. (4) D. Culpepper
2. (25) T. Bell
3. (32) K. Barlow
4. (53) R. Droughns
5. (60) J. Porter
6. (81) P. Burress
7. (88) Baltimore
8. (109) D. Givens
9. (116) S. Davis
10. (137) A. Gates *
11. (144) M. Stover
12. (165) M. Pollard
13. (172) S. Parker
14. (193) J. Gaffney
15. (200) P. Ramsey
16. D. Nash

Varlos' Zzzzzzz
1. (5) E. James
2. (24) T. Holt
3. (33) J. Walker
4. (52) M. Hasselbeck
5. (61) W. McGahee *
6. (80) J. Witten
7. (89) L. Evans
8. (108) Ke. Johnson
9. (117) D. Blaylock
10. (136) B. Engram
11. (145) B. Griese
12. (164) R. Ferguson
13. (173) B. Jacobs
14. (192) S. Janikowski
15. (201) Tampa Bay
16. Br. Johnson

BoomGoesTheDynamite
1. (6) P. Holmes
2. (23) B. Westbrook
3. (34) A. Johnson
4. (51) K. Collins
5. (62) Ji. Smith
6. (79) D. Bennett *
7. (90) T. Duckett
8. (107) L. Smith
9. (118) L. Johnson *
10. (135) C. Palmer *
11. (146) E. Shelton
12. (163) T. Calico
13. (174) Minnesota
14. (191) J. Wilkins
15. (202) M. Jenkins
16. N. Goings

Crabby Hermits
1. (7) C. Dillon
2. (22) C. Brown
3. (35) M. Bulger
4. (50) D. Jackson
5. (63) I. Bruce
6. (78) A. Lelie *
7. (91) Da. Clark
8. (106) J. Elam *
9. (119) D. Bledsoe
10. (134) A. Randle El
11. (147) W. Parker
12. (162) Pittsburgh *
13. (175) D. Patten
14. (190) J. Fargas
15. (203) M. Boerigter
16. Al. Smith

Feed My Family
1. (8) J. Lewis
2. (21) M. Harrison
3. (36) T. Green
4. (49) J. Galloway
5. (64) A. Crumpler
6. (77) A. Boldin *
7. (92) D. Staley
8. (105) D. Akers
9. (120) D. Carr *
10. (133) S. McNair
11. (148) B. Lloyd
12. (161) A. Bryant
13. (176) T. Johnson
14. (189) M. Hicks
15. (204) Miami
16. V. Morency

DerierExtraordinaire
1. (9) D. McAllister
2. (20) T. Owens
3. (37) C. Williams
4. (48) M. Moore
5. (65) E. Kennison
6. (76) D. Branch *
7. (93) K. Warner
8. (104) B. Edwards
9. (121) M. Shipp
10. (132) Dallas
11. (149) Re. Williams
12. (160) J. Wiggins
13. (177) Ri. Williams *
14. (188) Chicago
15. (205) L. Tynes
16. K. Orton

New York Fanboys
1. (10) T. Barber
2. (19) C. Martin
3. (38) L. Coles
4. (47) J. Shockey
5. (66) L. Jordan *
6. (75) C. Pennington
7. (94) J. Feely
8. (103) New York
9. (122) E. Manning
10. (131) New York
11. (150) M. Nugent
12. (159) A. Toomer
13. (178) J. Losman *
14. (187) J. McCareins
15. (206) D. Jolley
16. S. Williams

Moridwon
1. (11) R. Moss
2. (18) K. Jones
3. (39) R. Brown
4. (46) S. Jackson *
5. (67) B. Favre
6. (74) M. Vick
7. (95) K. Colbert
8. (102) R. McMichael *
9. (123) C. Rogers
10. (130) Buffalo
11. (151) T. Williamson
12. (158) L. Toefield
13. (179) R. Longwell
14. (186) R. Moats
15. (207) J. Putzier
16. Denver

Rhinosaurs(neuroman)
1. (12) C. Portis
2. (17) J. Jones
3. (40) M. Anderson
4. (45) D. Driver
5. (68) Ro. Williams *
6. (73) T. Heap
7. (96) J. Plummer
8. (101) D. Brees
9. (124) Philadelphia
10. (129) D. Stallworth
11. (152) K. McCardell
12. (157) J. Reed
13. (180) Ma. Clayton
14. (185) M. Turner
15. (208) M. Bradley
16. D. Northcutt

Fightin' Quakers
1. (13) A. Green
2. (16) D. McNabb
3. (41) M. Bennett
4. (44) S. Smith
5. (69) L. Fitzgerald
6. (72) T. Henry
7. (97) R. Brown
8. (100) M. Muhammad *
9. (125) H. Miller
10. (128) F. Gore
11. (153) Ma. Jones
12. (156) W. Green
13. (181) R. Dayne
14. (184) Arizona
15. (209) B. Troupe
16. N. Kaeding

Mundi Morning Blues
1. (14) R. Johnson
2. (15) D. Davis
3. (42) T. Gonzalez
4. (43) H. Ward
5. (70) W. Dunn *
6. (71) T. Brady
7. (98) Ro. Smith
8. (99) S. Moss
9. (126) C. Taylor *
10. (127) J. Harrington
11. (154) A. Vinatieri *
12. (155) Washington
13. (182) R. Caldwell
14. (183) R. Curry
15. (210) Cincinnati
16. T. Glenn
Old 09-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Well, this took WAY too long, but what the hell. I ran through the draft results before VarlosZ posted his version, so our adjustments might be a little off. Probably a good idea to review them and make sure they are right. One question, who's got rights to Ricky Williams? Looks like the change hasn't been made on the league page. Anyways, without much further ado since I'm burned out on typing, here goes:

Fourth and Nineteen
1. (1) L. Tomlinson
2. (28) F. Taylor
3. (29) C. Benson
4. (56) R. Wayne (Keeper)
5. (57) D. Mason
6. (84) L. Suggs
7. (85) E. Moulds
8. (112) J. Delhomme
9. (113) M. Williams
10. (140) Atlanta
11. (141) M. Pittman
12. (168) B. Stokley (Keeper)
13. (169) D. Graham (Keeper)
14. (196) S. Graham
15. (197) K. Boller
16. () P. Rivers

QB – Things are pretty dicey here. I like the Ragin Cajun quite a lot, but he’s not known or expected to put up huge fantasy numbers. He’ll probably be good for 250 yrds and 1 TD a game. They tend to score via the rush, mostly. He’ll benefit from a favorable schedule with only a few games against premier Ds. The backup situation is laughable.

RB – Love LT. Nothing really needs to be said, no one will persuade me that anyone else should have been #1 overall. After that, um, not so much. Fraud’s groin is as questionable as Britney Spears judgment. Some of you may have surmised how I feel about Cedric Benson. He’d likely have still been on the board in the 5th round. Suggs ain’t even a starter now, has a high ankle sprain (think we’ve heard about those with RBs before?). Um, anything else? Oh, right. He plays for the Browns. Pittman was on the roster bubble, but there’s a good chance he’ll be the 2nd most productive guy on this roster. Not good times, bad times.

WR – Things aren’t a lot better at this position. Wayne and Stokley will be quite good, but having 2 WRs on the same teams is always a bit of a danger. We’ll see who gets all the red zone looks this year. Mason has Kyle Boller to worry about, you have both to worry about. Admittedly Moulds was a steal that late in the draft, but Losman could be the second coming of Boller. Always a fun proposition. I love Mike Williams. I really really do. Unfortunately it might take another broken collarbone for him to see many balls.

TE – The Pats aren’t known for utilizing this position. You won’t be either.

K – Well, I like Cincy’s offense this year. They will probably get stalled inside the red zone more than more experienced teams. Not a bad situation for little cost.

DEF – Like the Falcons D a lot. Taking them in the 10th round is a good value. They play in a division that isn’t going to generate a lot of shootouts, and the rest of the schedule helps. They aren’t going to be a difference maker, and will slide back from last years lofty numbers, but still useful.

Overall – This team will struggle. Partly the peril of drafting first overall. If LT and Taylor both stay healthy and the combo of Stokley and Wayne matches last year’s numbers, they might be in the hunt. But those guys will be carrying the team and it has no margin for error. Don’t see anyone staking money on this guy, except maybe his mom.

Potential Keepers – Atlanta, Stokley, Rivers

Grade C

Pentium None
1. (2) P. Manning
2. (27) D. Foster
3. (30) J. Horn
4. (55) M. Faulk
5. (58) C. Chambers
6. (83) E. Johnson
7. (86) J. Bettis (Keeper)
8. (111) New England
9. (114) J. Pathon
10. (139) C. Cooley
11. (142) N. Burleson (Keeper)
12. (167) B. Roethlisberger (Keeper)
13. (170) Ma. Jones
14. (195) T. Taylor
15. (198) N. Davenport
16. () Moe Williams

QB – Well, Peyton is Peyton. He’ll be huge, but will he be huge enough to warrant the #2 overall pick? He’d better be because he basically punted at RB and the backup situation isn’t very exciting from a fantasy standpoint.

RB – Taking the top overall QB has a price. That price is the RB position. He basically drafted 3 change of pace backs that will see less than half their team’s carries. Steven Davis is expected to start, as is Steven Jackson. Unless the Stevies fall apart, you’re screwed. Bettis is a wild card, and out for week 1. I’d call this situation dire, though the law of averages state that one of your 5 RBs will be a starter at some point.

WR – Shrewd drafting last year really solidified this position. I’d have passed on Horn for a RB there, especially with the iffy New Orleans situation, but this is probably one of the ebst WR cores. Burleson is probably going to be a monster, Horn and Chambers makes for a rocking threesome. Some more reliable depth would have prudent, but life’s not perfect.

TE – We’ll see what happens with Johnson this year. Gonna have to watch the QB situation, if Alex smith doesn’t like TEs his value will plummet. Cooley is an OK insurance policy, but can you feel good when the words “Tight End” and “Insurance Policy” are used together? Funny quote from the Yahoo experts:

Quote:
Sep 8 49ers tight end Eric Johnson is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Rams with partially torn plantar fascia in his foot. He missed the entire preseason with the injury.

Views: Eric is so fragile that even Fred Taylor wouldn't draft him for his fantasy team. Owners who decided to grab Johnson on draft day should have left with a Plan B already in mind in case he got hurt. It appears now is time to implement that plan, but we'll follow his condition until game-time to see if he surprisesa everyone and guts it out.
K – Pssst. You still need one of these, just between you an me.

DEF – New England was pretty mediocre last year, and this year they are even more depleted. I don’t suspect it’ll cause massive issues IRL, but it might for a fantasy team. I don’t expect much for this team here.

Overall – Its quite simply the Peyton Manning show. Last year that was enough most weeks. This year this team will be dangerous on any given week, but punting at RB and the trouble everywhere other than WR will cost it in the long run.

Potential Keepers – Burleson

Grade C-

Cedric Benson Busts (My squad)
1. (3) S. Alexander
2. (26) C. Johnson
3. (31) J. Arrington
4. (54) T. Jones
5. (59) T. Houshmandzadeh
6. (82) Carolina (Keeper)
7. (87) B. Leftwich
8. (110) M. Robinson
9. (115) A. Brooks
10. (138) M. Vanderjagt
11. (143) Mi. Clayton (Keeper)
12. (166) Q. Griffin
13. (171) B. Franks
14. (194) K. Curtis
15. (199) M. Booker
16. () D. Rhodes

QB – I’m pretty pleased with the outcome here. I didn’t put a high priority on it, and in the end came out feeling pretty good. I’ll be able to play match ups with Brooks and Leftwich. Either one could turn out to be a stud if the stars are aligned. Honestly, I’m glad I didn’t face the decision of drafting Manning or not.

RB – I LOVE the looks of these guys. Alexander is a no brainer, and him being there at #3 overall was boon. I think J.J. Arrington will be a rookie of the year candidate and the top rookie RB (I do think Ronnie Brown will be better in the long run). Thomas Jones is going to be horse that makes the Bears offense go, and believe me when I say Ron Turner will get production from the running game. Cedric Benson who? Depth could be a issue, but Dominic Rhodes will be the keeper of the century when Edge is a FA next year.

WR – I’m pretty happy here considering 3 of my first four picks were RBs. Chaz is the real deal and that Cincy O will only improve. I didn’t like pairing him with TJ, but he was simply the best guy left on my board. I found some depth late in the draft, and Curtis might be this years Stokley.

TE – Assuming Franks stays healthy, I feel good with him there. Green Bay will need to score a lot and he’ll get his share. Nothing dominant, but you could do worse.

K – Things are very good here. Vanderjagt is a part of the best offense in the league, and if defenses slow Indy down at all in the red zone his output will go up. Plus he’s kicking indoors.

DEF – I made a mistake using these guys as my keeper. They will be a top 3 D this year, but not worth a 6th round choice. Nevertheless, that mistake means I’m solidified.

Overall – I was very, very, very drunk when I drafted. Rock star drunk. Apologizing to everyone I know drunk. Frankly, I deserve a medal for dragging my ass home on time to complete the draft. I blame Jimmy. Needless to say I made a few errors. Definitely drafted Leftwich too soon, and the multiple Cincy WRs could be an Achilles. Nevertheless I’m going to be in the thick of things anyways.

Potential Keepers – Rhodes, Clayton, Curtis

Grade C+

Baltimore Weirdos
1. (4) D. Culpepper
2. (25) T. Bell
3. (32) K. Barlow
4. (53) R. Droughns
5. (60) J. Porter
6. (81) P. Burress
7. (88) Baltimore
8. (109) D. Givens
9. (116) S. Davis
10. (137) A. Gates (Keeper)
11. (144) M. Stover
12. (165) M. Pollard
13. (172) S. Parker
14. (193) J. Gaffney
15. (200) P. Ramsey
16. () D. Nash

QB – You can probably take my comments about Manning and recycle them here. Love his game, hate the sacrifice at RB. He’ll lose a little magic without Moss, but I expect the other guys to step up and make him valuable. Not 4th pick valuable, but still valuable. The depth is nonexistent, so you’d better hope he’s as healthy this year as he has been before.

RB – Things are really suspect. Your best pick up was Steven Davis in the 9th round. This was a huge steal, but not enough to make up for that gaffe with Bell. Both Barlow and Droughns are mediocre at best and riding the pine at worst. This is the bleakest RB situation in the league.

WR – This situation isn’t much better than the previous one. Porter isn’t a primary, Burress has Manning the lesser throwing to him. The rest are a mixed bag and will be unpredictable.

TE – Pollard has moved to Detroit and won’t do near the damage he did last year. Especially with their need to get Mike Williams in the mix.

K – Stover will be fine. Blame Boller.

DEF – Homer pick in the Ravens. Luckily they are damn good. But I’ve yet to see a FF defense win leagues single-handedly. I expect them to explode a couple weeks with a big number and more often than not score well.

Overall – This team is good at QB and Defense. Everything else is gutted. He’ll have to get used to rooting for teams wearing Purple I suppose. If he finishes in the top half I’ll be shocked.

Potential Keepers – Gates, Davis

Grade D

Varlos' Zzzzzzz
1. (5) E. James
2. (24) T. Holt
3. (33) J. Walker
4. (52) M. Hasselbeck
5. (61) W. McGahee (Keeper)
6. (80) J. Witten
7. (89) L. Evans
8. (108) Ke. Johnson
9. (117) D. Blaylock
10. (136) B. Engram
11. (145) B. Griese
12. (164) R. Ferguson
13. (173) B. Jacobs
14. (192) S. Janikowski
15. (201) Tampa Bay
16. () Br. Johnson

QB – This is an excellent situation. Hasselbeck puts up very good numbers and is usually underrated. They’ve dumped Robinson and hopefully that’ll mean fewer drops. In that division he won’t be facing much in the way of defense, so you can expect improvement over last season. I think Griese is liable to have a great year. Just a hunch based off preseason performance. Certainly a good value pick there.

RB – Not much to complain about here either. The McGahee keeper is probably the biggest of the entire league. I think the Edge pick was a bit of a reach, but that’s just because I think he’s an injury risk. Personally I’d have preferred Deuce or Priest here, but neither is a sure thing. It was probably a mistake not to find a fallback option, or to take Rhodes late. Worked great for me though, HA!

WR – Terrific job at WR. Didn’t punt on any other positions and still found 3 studs. Plus 4 very solid fall back options. Bravo.

TE – Witten is excellent. Perhaps a little high for the 6th round, but a good fit based on your needs.

K – Another perfect pick. Everyone loves Oaklands O this year and I think they forgot about Janikowski. As long as he’s not locked up for pulling a Chmura you’re golden.

DEF – Well, you had to punt on something and this was it. Though the difference between a depleted Tampa D and some of the ones taken a few rounds earlier makes it an acceptable risk. You can play matchups with the waiver wire and get by.

Overall – So far, this is the team to beat. It’s just a well rounded, excellent, scary team. That McGahee keeper pretty much locked things up. I hate you. Me, well I drafted Julius Jones last year and dropped him…..no, I’m not jealous.

Potential Keepers – McGahee (grrr!!!), Griese, Br. Johnson , L. Evans

Grade A
Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

BoomGoesTheDynamite
1. (6) P. Holmes
2. (23) B. Westbrook
3. (34) A. Johnson
4. (51) K. Collins
5. (62) Ji. Smith
6. (79) D. Bennett (Keeper)
7. (90) T. Duckett
8. (107) L. Smith
9. (118) L. Johnson (Keeper)
10. (135) C. Palmer (Keeper)
11. (146) E. Shelton
12. (163) T. Calico
13. (174) Minnesota
14. (191) J. Wilkins
15. (202) M. Jenkins
16. () N. Goings

QB – Another great situation at QB here. If Collins is the shit like all the “experts” think, awesome. If not, Palmer is no slouch. Personally, I think Palmer could be the breakout guy this year, and he might have some tough choices to make week-to-week.

RB – Can’t complain about this set up. Did he know that he’d be able to draft Priest here when he made Larry a keeper? In any case, I think he’s a steal. Probably would have been #3 on my board. Oh, and he got Westbrook too. Health is obviously a big issue for both starters, but the upside is Tremendous! Depth could be an issue, but life’s not perfect.

WR – Another stellar job addressing the 3 primary positions. Bennett is a great keeper, especially if Norm Chow is all he’s cracked up to be. Johnson and Smith both should be their team’s top guy. Jenkins late is a steal.

TE – People have been high on Smith, I’m not sure I understand why. Philly has never used the TE position and I don’t expect them to start. I think this is a reach, but I seem to be the minority.

K – St. Lou will score as always and I loves me some dome kickers. The only downside is that with Faulk and Jackson stepping up they’ll be really successful in the red zone.

DEF – Lemme just say that all this hype for the improved Minny D is bogus. They are going to get gouged in big situations again this year. The NFC Norris will put up a lot of points this year too. Both Detroit and Green Bay need to play in shoot outs to have a chance and the Bears, believe it or not, will devour yards on the ground. However, they are a decent gamble at that late spot.

Overall – This squad shows that the middle of the draft is the place to be. Just like Varlos he was able to form a well rounded squad. He’s a little less deep than him, but his ceiling might be higher if everyone is healthy and lives up to the hype. The only major criticism is that this team is liable to be keeper poor.

Potential Keepers – Palmer, maybe.

Grade A-

Crabby Hermits
1. (7) C. Dillon
2. (22) C. Brown
3. (35) M. Bulger
4. (50) D. Jackson
5. (63) I. Bruce
6. (78) A. Lelie (Keeper)
7. (91) Da. Clark
8. (106) J. Elam (Keeper)
9. (119) D. Bledsoe
10. (134) A. Randle El
11. (147) W. Parker
12. (162) Pittsburgh
13. (175) D. Patten
14. (190) J. Fargas
15. (203) M. Boerigter
16. () Al. Smith

QB – Bulger is fine, but I don’t know if I’d have taken a 2nd tier QB that early. Bledsoe is a capable backup option. You’re in solid shape, if unspectacular. There’s certainly a chance Bulger could end up with a Warner-like breakout, so we’ll see.

RB – You’re not in great shape considering that you spent your first two picks on RB. Dillon will do well, but I think a few of the guys taken after him have higher ceilings. Dillon was a safer pick though. Brown is not a safe pick at all. Who knows what proportion of the carries he’ll see and who knows if he’ll stand up to a full season. Great runner, but still unproven. To make things even scarier, you don’t have a viable backup option.

WR – I like the top 3 guys, but none are really game breakers any more. Bruce is aging and there are only so many balls to go around on that turf. Jackson is inconsistent. Lelie makes Jackson look like Old Faithful. Randle El was an excellent addition.

TE – Dallas Clark is going to be a monster. I have him in another league and I expect big things. He’ll balance out the potential uncertainty you have at WR.

K – I don’t think Denver’s offense will be productive enough to warrant that keeper pick. Elam will drop off this year, and he certainly won’t merit being the top kicker taken. As nice as those long 50+ kicks are in the altitude, they aren’t worth a 8th rounder.

DEF – Pittsburgh that late is a steal. They are almost certainly a top 5 fantasy D. Really makes me hate my keeper pick. Are you happy?

Overall – No glaring problems, but there’s too much uncertainty to love this line up. Bad things could happen and leave this squad gutted, and there’s no one that you look at and see a potential break out season. QB, TE and DEF are all first rate, but you need a few breaks elsewhere.

Potential Keepers – Pittsburgh, Randle El, Clark

Grade B-

Feed My Family
1. (8) J. Lewis
2. (21) M. Harrison
3. (36) T. Green
4. (49) J. Galloway
5. (64) A. Crumpler
6. (77) A. Boldin (Keeper)
7. (92) D. Staley
8. (105) D. Akers
9. (120) D. Carr (Keeper)
10. (133) S. McNair
11. (148) B. Lloyd
12. (161) A. Bryant
13. (176) T. Johnson
14. (189) M. Hicks
15. (204) Miami
16. () V. Morency

QB – I feel the same about Green as I do about Bulger. I think Bulger’s got a higher risk/reward factor. I still don’t agree with them going this high, though with several of the potential 1st and 2nd rounders being locked up as keepers, maybe it’s more reasonable than I give it credit for. I know this was a messed up autodraft, but I think 3 QBs is too many. I’d be looking for a trade, even at 75 cents on the dollar. Needless to say, depth is not an issue.

RB – I heard commentary talking about what life in prison is like. Essentially reminding us that a pro athlete is going to be adversely effected by the poor nutrition and lack of quality exercise in prison. That the diet is crafted to make the inmates sluggish and easier to manage. So the logic that Lewis is going to be ripped and toughened by jail is bogus. I was thinking about putting him in my top 5, after thinking about that I’m leaning towards a off season from him. Possibly injury troubled. Any of the next 4 RBs taken would have been better IMO. Staley was a fortunate pickup so long as he’s recovered from that knee trouble. You’ll have to find some depth somehow though.

WR – Not a bad group with Harrison, Boldin and Lloyd. That’s 3 number one pass catchers, better than most of the rest did. You need to locate some depth here as well. All things considered it’s not a bad situation.

TE – Crumpler is a quality guy. No reason to expect anything less than last years numbers. Good fit here.

K – Akers will be good, though he’s a reach where you got him.

DEF – Miami is a pretty good option for the 15th round. They aren’t what they once were, but in that division they won’t hurt you. You might even get a few big weeks out of them.

Overall – Tough to judge too harshly due to the computer snafu. All in all, if things fall into place, this team could be very good. It’ll all hinge on the success of that RB core. If they both miraculously stay healthy all year, this team will be excellent. The odds aren’t real good of that, but if they do the rest of the lineup is rock solid.

Potential Keepers – Lloyd, Staley

Grade C+

DerierExtraordinaire
1. (9) D. McAllister
2. (20) T. Owens
3. (37) C. Williams
4. (48) M. Moore
5. (65) E. Kennison
6. (76) D. Branch (Keeper)
7. (93) K. Warner
8. (104) B. Edwards
9. (121) M. Shipp
10. (132) Dallas
11. (149) Re. Williams
12. (160) J. Wiggins
13. (177) Ri. Williams (Keeper)
14. (188) Chicago
15. (205) L. Tynes
16. K. Orton

QB – I actually think this is a pretty good situation to be in. Without a doubt Warner is a question mark, and if he’s hurt or awful you’re in trouble, but you didn’t risk much at all. Orton has potential to be a solid backup. Still, you’d probably pray that Warner is all people hope for if you want to win it all.

RB – You caught a break getting Deuce this late. I think the guy is going to be huge this season. However I see trouble for some of the rest of the stable. Cadillac is a mystery to me. I don’t know if he has it or not, and it’s not certain if this is a RB-by-committee situation. At the very least we’ll probably have an answer by week 1. I’m optimistic. Behind him however things get sorta touchy. Moore is a part timer, Shipp might not even be that. The Ricky Icky could settle this situation if he’s worth a crap.

WR – I’m sure Owens will produce, but I won’t be surprised to see his numbers slip a little. Due to Donovan finding other targets and Terrell being a little rusty. I like Branch and the rest of the guys are passable. Not sure if Edwards will amount to anything this season, I’m betting not.

TE – Wiggins may see some extra balls in the Moss-free system, but I don’t suspect he’ll be a major factor.

K – KC scores, the kicker will too. But, like St. Louis, they are a little too good in the red zone.

DEF – Chicago is a top notch D. The will be a top 5 team this year. A steal that late. Frankly I’m amazed how late defenses went this year. Dallas is a throw away, no idea what happened there.

Overall – Lots of ifs. The QB situation is all or nothing. The bottom could fall out of the RB situation and the WRs are mostly a one-man-show. However, if Warner gets hooked up to the juvenation machine, all the problems start seeming much more insignificant.

Potential Keepers – Ricky, Edwards

Grade C

New York Fanboys
1. (10) T. Barber
2. (19) C. Martin
3. (38) L. Coles
4. (47) J. Shockey
5. (66) L. Jordan (Keeper)
6. (75) C. Pennington
7. (94) J. Feely
8. (103) New York
9. (122) E. Manning
10. (131) New York
11. (150) M. Nugent
12. (159) A. Toomer
13. (178) J. Losman (Keeper)
14. (187) J. McCareins
15. (206) D. Jolley
16. S. Williams

QB – The NY-centric style didn’t hurt you here. You got both guys right about where they belonged. Eli was a bit high, but it’s not of much consequence. Pennington will be middle of the road.

RB – Got both the backs you wanted. Couldn’t have worked out better. Both guys went where they belonged. Love the Jordan keeper too. Somehow you’ll have to scrape up a backup, but the top three could be the best trio out there.

WR – Here’s where you got hurt. Coles and Toomer are good, not great. Missed out on Plax, and McCareins is a barely middling replacement. You’d better hope someone steps up on the FA list.

TE – Got Shockey and Jolley, both where they belong. No complaints.

K – Did you really need both?

DEF – See Above…..

Overall – Tough to say much when I know you just wanted NY players. It was nice to see that most of the big names went where they belonged without you having to reach too drastically. If you suck it up and find some depth outside the Empire state you’re liable to contend.

Grade C

Moridwon
1. (11) R. Moss
2. (18) K. Jones
3. (39) R. Brown
4. (46) S. Jackson (Keeper)
5. (67) B. Favre
6. (74) M. Vick
7. (95) K. Colbert
8. (102) R. McMichael (Keeper)
9. (123) C. Rogers
10. (130) Buffalo
11. (151) T. Williamson
12. (158) L. Toefield
13. (179) R. Longwell
14. (186) R. Moats
15. (207) J. Putzier
16. Denver

QB – Taking Favre and Vick back-to-back was pretty unexpected. Both guys could be feast or famine week to week. There is however a flipside to that. Personally I’d have held off a round or two, but it could work out for you. You might set a team record for combined INTs.

RB – Scary. That Jackson keeper was pretty big. If Ronnie Brown is the real deal (I think he is) you might just run away with this league. Pun intended.

WR – Love Moss. I worry about the youth on the rest of the guys. Rogers collar bone has reached Griffey’s hamstring status, and Williamson has some pretty good guys ahead of him. No depth, but 3 stud RBs and Moss means you can probably afford it.

TE – Is McMichael all that? I don’t think so and he’s not likely to throw to himself. Probably a wasted keeper, but you’ll get by.

K – Longwell might struggle in the winter in Lambeau and Chicago. He needs quite a few attempts if the Pack is going to have a shot. I’m guessing he’ll fall short.

DEF – Buffalo is that other top 3 D. Great choice.

Overall – That core of RBs is dominant. He sacrificed WR depth in order to carry 2 quality QBs. If it’s smart or not will only be apparent later. I do like the strategy if he’s able to start 3 RBs all season. If everyone stays healthy this team will be a threat.

Potential Keepers – Rogers? Williamson? You hope…..

Grade B+

Rhinosaurs(neuroman)
1. (12) C. Portis
2. (17) J. Jones
3. (40) M. Anderson
4. (45) D. Driver
5. (68) Ro. Williams (Keeper)
6. (73) T. Heap
7. (96) J. Plummer
8. (101) D. Brees
9. (124) Philadelphia
10. (129) D. Stallworth
11. (152) K. McCardell
12. (157) J. Reed
13. (180) Ma. Clayton
14. (185) M. Turner
15. (208) M. Bradley
16. D. Northcutt

QB – I think I had a nightmare last night in which I was counting on Plummer as my QB. You must have gotten a chill after drafting him too which explains the Brees reflex. Did you actually rate Plummer higher than Brees? Seriously? Anyways, I like the combo above better, though this one has less risk…..and less reward.

RB – Apparently the end of the draft is the place to be in order to stock up on RBs. Another team with 3 good ones. I suppose that there’s some questions about all three, but I’d live with that group. If Gibbs figured things out, Jones stays healthy, and Anderson has a Denver-ish season you’re likely to be looking down on a lot of teams.

WR – You’ve got a few holes here. The top 2 are good, but not great. Thankfully you’re probably never going to play 3 at once, so you could be in OK shape. You did a pretty good job of locating depth in the late rounds, though they could be infuriatingly inconsistent. Bradley was an especially nifty choice.

TE – If Heap is the Heap he was you’ll score a heap of points. (*groan*)

K – Pittsburgh will play conservatively with Big Ben still figuring things out and that will mean opportunities for 3 pointers. The D should help them win the field position game. Not bad.

DEF – Philly is a little overrated on D. They lost a few parts, but still will have opportunities. If they play with the lead often, it’ll mean extra points for you.

Overall – I like this team. The lack of RB depth worries me a bit and the players aren’t especially sexy across the board, but it’s a very solid squad. I do worry that it will lose a lot of close games by having the best players all on average offensive teams. The TE, K, DEF combo might bump them over the top.

Potential Keepers – Bradley

Grade B

Fightin' Quakers
1. (13) A. Green
2. (16) D. McNabb
3. (41) M. Bennett
4. (44) S. Smith
5. (69) L. Fitzgerald
6. (72) T. Henry
7. (97) R. Brown
8. (100) M. Muhammad (Keeper)
9. (125) H. Miller
10. (128) F. Gore
11. (153) Ma. Jones
12. (156) W. Green
13. (181) R. Dayne
14. (184) Arizona
15. (209) B. Troupe
16. N. Kaeding

QB – Living dangerously. No back up with a mobile starting QB with a young RB who has pass protection issues. I guess if you’re gonna risk drafting a QB early, go all out eh? Personally I think the Philly offense will struggle a bit this year, nothing catastrophic, just a decline due to all the drama and time missed in camp.

RB – I have a personal dislike for Green and love watching him fumble. However, more often than not he beats my fantasy teams. He’ll struggle a little since the GB line is a little depleted and the schedule features some very stout Ds. Ditto Bennett, plus the whole committee thing. I see you drafted a few backups with upside, wise choice.

WR – Good front line. Haven’t watched Smith this preseason, so I’ll take it on faith that he’s as good as he was. Fitz and Moose are a really solid 2 & 3. I’m willing to bet that by midseason Matt Jones becomes a red zone monster. Depth may be an issue considering those guys history.

TE – I don’t like Miller. It’d be smart to scheme around him and give Ben a safety net, but I’d want to see some actual evidence of it before drafting the guy. Lots of risk there for not enough reward. Troupe probably has a higher ceiling.

K – Kaeding, Meh.

DEF – Arizona, BAH!

Overall – I really don’t thing this teams going to hold out. One of those guys are going to get hurt. If it’s McNabb the seasons over. If it’s Green or Bennett you’re in deep trouble. If it’s one of the WRs, you’d have some work to do. Normally a team that’s thin at a couple positions makes up for it by being strong at TE, K or DEF and is solid elsewhere….not the case here.

Grade C

Mundi Morning Blues
1. (14) R. Johnson
2. (15) D. Davis
3. (42) T. Gonzalez
4. (43) H. Ward
5. (70) W. Dunn (Keeper)
6. (71) T. Brady
7. (98) Ro. Smith
8. (99) S. Moss
9. (126) C. Taylor (Keeper)
10. (127) J. Harrington
11. (154) A. Vinatieri (Keeper)
12. (155) Washington
13. (182) R. Caldwell
14. (183) R. Curry
15. (210) Cincinnati
16. T. Glenn

QB – Very good situation. Brady is like clockwork and they do like to throw the ball near the red zone. Solid backup in Harrington too. If that loaded WR corps in Detroit pays dividends you may benefit.

RB – Rudi has been treated like a stud RB for the last few seasons and is always a let down. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised to see Perry end up the dominant guy. You could say the same for Davis. I like some of those 2nd rounders more. Dunn’s a nice fall back option though and you’re set if the wheels fall of Jamal Lewis.

WR – Hines was a steal, past that you could be in for a stressful run. I think Rob Smith is going to age really fast, and Moss isn’t exactly a TD machine. Your best bet is that Curry finds a home as the red zone target for Oakland. Really nice pickup late.

TE – Gonzo is fine. But for all his greatness, the difference between him and Witten is 2 points a game. Not worth a 3rd rounder to me. Plus, one of these days he’s bound to slip. In any case he’ll probably offset any weakness at WR.

K – He’s as good as they get, be he’s still just a kicker.

DEF – Washington will be really good if the offense can manage to stay on the field once in a while.

Overall – No gaping holes, but not much reason to be scared either. I don’t see any of the RBs or WRs blowing up and carrying this team. This team can win if everyone performs consistently, but a off day by one of the main players and the other guys won’t have enough to make up for it.

Potential Keepers – Curry

Grade B-